Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Osmos
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Secret Achievment? Any ideas?

I did some googling, I see the Steam only has 11 achievments. Since it's a 0 pointer I would assume a negative cheev.

Probably a die X amount of times? Any ideas? Or anyone know for sure?
Skelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Bomber37

Bomber37's Gamercard
I've been trying to find out what it is too. I really want to know!
Bomber37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
FailedSeppuku

FailedSeppuku's Gamercard
I'm thinking it could be get all other achieves.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

I thought of that, thats more of a "PS3 thing" with the platinums but could be. I tried dieing after already beating a level but you can still continue on and that doesn't do anything. *shrugs* I guess plug on with the game!

edit: Gonna try:

Dieing to my own excretion
Being absorbs by 2 bodies at once

Last edited by Skelix; 12-31-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: brainstorms
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
FailedSeppuku

I was thinking of that because there are achieves in both Tekken, Night at the Museum 2 and Street Fighter and a few other games where the last achieve is for getting all the others.

I've tried the shoot bubbles until theres nothing left, i got really, really small but couldn't kill myself after 5 minutes of shooting bubbles i couldn't even see!

I only have 5 Force Forever levels left to find out anyway, gonna check them now.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
Vin Lucentai

Vin Lucentai's Gamercard
I think the Secret Achievement might be unattainable. I was hoping it'd unlock after getting the other eleven achievements but it didn't. I tried dying a lot and going far in an endless zone (I reached area ten of Ambient Forever) but neither did anything. I tried asking Hemisphere Games' Twitter over at twitter.com/hemispheregames and it said "That's because there is no 12th achievement. The existing 11 do add up to 200 points though." So I'm guessing Osmos might be stuck at 11 of 12. That looks sort of funny but I don't know if there's much we can do, heh.
Vin Lucentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:13 AM   #7
SnapDragon

I tried consuming EVERYTHING on a level after winning it (not a single remaining ball bouncing around), but that didn't do it.

Another idea I had (though I haven't tried it) was to win a level after getting the "It doesn't look good" message. It seems hard but not necessarily impossible, depending on the level.

Or winning a level without touching the controls. Is that possible on any level? (Haven't tried).

Or letting the game run for a long time as a screensaver-type thing.

That'd be really, really stupid if they just didn't implement a 12th achievement...
SnapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
FailedSeppuku

why couldn't they just stick it at 11/11 then, it's not like they couldn't .... Tinker has 15/15 achieves for 200G so it's not like the couldn't break the rules if Tinker can??

They should just patch it and add a peasy Die 100 times achievement.

damn, that means i'll be stuck on 92% on TrueAchievements. When i finally get this last achievement, just have 2 more Epicentre Forever levels.

Last edited by FailedSeppuku; 01-02-2010 at 10:52 AM.
FailedSeppuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
Vin Lucentai

Vin Lucentai's Gamercard
I definitely agree about leaving it at 11/11 or patching it ... a "die X # of times" achievement would probably fit 0 score anyway. And World of Goo also breaks the "rules" by having 8 achievements for 200 score. I wonder why Osmos had a 12th one thrown in =\
Vin Lucentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 AM   #10
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

Well maybe they were confused as like I said on Steam it's only 11 cheevs. I like the idea of winning after "this doesn't look good" but that would be a rough one to be only worth 0 points.

I have definately consumed everything on a board before. Hmm I guess we will keep trying, Vin so we're not all harrassing Hemisphere could you make sure they know achievments as in Xbox achievments and that you were talking about the Steam? Maybe they were mistaking and/or not realizing?

Could easily do an X hour one by just leaving it on, but dieing who knows if it was dieing it could be thousands of times. Would be horrible to test that and never have it pop!

Last edited by Skelix; 01-03-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #11
FailedSeppuku

Here is the official answer from Hemisphere.

Hi Failed,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. Sounds like you're doing really well, as quite a few people find those late levels really hard!

I'm afraid that there isn't actually a 12th achievement; Osmos only has 11. I'm not exactly sure why GFWL posted it with a "dummy" 12th achievement worth 0 points -- looks like a platform requirement. Sorry for the less than exciting answer, but there you have it. At least we managed to spread the full 200 points across the existing ones, and we may add a few more in a title update down the line.

Cheers,
Eddy
Old 01-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #12
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

I can confirm as well:

Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 1:34 AM
To: xxx
Subject: Re: Osmos Secret Achievement in Games For Windows Live

Hi xxx,
Thanks for getting in touch -- glad to hear you're enjoying the game.
I'm afraid that there isn't actually a 12th achievement; Osmos only has 11. I'm not exactly sure why GFWL posted it with a "dummy" 12th achievement worth 0 points -- it may be a platform requirement. Sorry for the less than exciting answer, but there you have it. At least we managed to spread the full 200 points across the existing ones.
btw, you mention that many people are trying to answer this question. Is there a forum where this is happening? If so, please send me a link, as I'd like to take a peek and see what people are saying, and perhaps answer a few questions. For instance, would a 12th 0 point achievement be of interest? If so, maybe we can add it in a future update.
Cheers,
Eddy

xxx wrote:
Hi there,
First, I want to say I'm really enjoying osmos, the soundtrack is perfect as is the game.
However, I've run into a question that many people are trying to answer, but can't find out.
Can you please divulge upon what the requirement is for the 0G achievement in the GFWL version of the game? It would really help a lot of us achievement collectors out there
Thanks for your time, and response to this email, if you give one
- xxx
Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Good detective work, guys!

You should definitely let him know a 12 achievement would be appreciated. Nothing better than having all the achievements in a game, even when the last is worth 0! I haven't bought this game yet, but I'm leaning toward it with the sale ending tomorrow. I have World of Goo and Where's Waldo already. Convince me before the night is out.

The GFWLA launch has been pretty sketchy with lots of broken achievements, but I'm glad the developers seem on top of things and willing to communicate and fix them. Tinker is supposed to be fixed and now this; I've also heard a "Fatal Error" patch is in the works for World of Goo. Hopefully Ludia comes around for Where's Waldo though...

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 AM   #14
Skelix

Skelix's Gamercard

Yeah saw your post on GFWL about Waldo, I got lucky and mine unlocked for the most part error free.

As for Osmos, tis a great game. Very challenging though. I've heard there is a demo for it on the Steam client. Could test it there, but I recommend it especially at the cheap price, I personally would not feel cheated paying full price.

Goo I haven't tried yet but heard good things. Well gotta get back to GOW2, bonus xp almost over!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #15
FailedSeppuku

A 0G achievement would be helpful as this'll only ever appear as 92% on TA with 11/12 achieves

Osmos is awesome, i love it, not challenging though tis very, very easy ... NOT!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #16
Ackis

Send a message via ICQ to Ackis Send a message via AIM to Ackis Send a message via MSN to Ackis Send a message via Yahoo to Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Link to their official forums if you're interested:
http://www.hemispheregames.com/forum....php?f=8&t=324
Ackis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #17
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
I didn't play Osmos yet- Only reason is, because it's unable to be completed. I hope this Eddy guy really adds a 12th 0point achievement in an update soon.

Maan these GFWLA games! I'm already really bothered with Mahjong Wisdom, because it's glitched as hell! Waldo luckily worked glitchy free for me. But now Osmos too, hmm, not satisfied, really not satisfied!

edit: I want the 12th achievement of Osmos to be called "Glitch of the Year" an be obtained, if the game crashes for any reason :-)
Old 01-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
FailedSeppuku

You can still complete it 200/200 but only 11/12. meh!

It's never crashed on me either, so i don't think i'd manage the Crash the Game for an achievement, although i'd give it a good go

I'd be happy with complete all other achieves or maybe die a zillion times.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #19
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer85 View Post
I didn't play Osmos yet- Only reason is, because it's unable to be completed. I hope this Eddy guy really adds a 12th 0point achievement in an update soon.

Maan these GFWLA games! I'm already really bothered with Mahjong Wisdom, because it's glitched as hell! Waldo luckily worked glitchy free for me. But now Osmos too, hmm, not satisfied, really not satisfied!

edit: I want the 12th achievement of Osmos to be called "Glitch of the Year" an be obtained, if the game crashes for any reason :-)
This reason given here is one of the stupidest reasons not to play a game. I'm so tired of seeing this bullshit. You may ask why do you care? because its thinking like this that is and will ruin gaming. God, you must have hated video games before achievements came out.

Why did you waste your money just to get achievements? Looking at your gamercard you have MANY games that are not finished in GS. This whole game is not completed is misleading as well. When you beat a game. You completed it. When you get all achievements you do not complete the game.

As more and more people only play games for achievements this line will slowly be lost in translation. Game makers should change their games to Achievements, since no one seems to care about the games anymore.

Then again I am typing this on an achievement forum. Irony.

/end rant.

/end rant.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:34 AM   #20
BelatedHero

BelatedHero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todaysforgotten View Post
This reason given here is one of the stupidest reasons not to play a game. I'm so tired of seeing this bullshit. You may ask why do you care? because its thinking like this that is and will ruin gaming. God, you must have hated video games before achievements came out.
I understand your point. And part of me agrees with you. Having all the achievements does not mean you completed a game. However, I also think that beating a game but not having all the achievements is also not completing the game.

Many gamers, like myself, want to experience every aspect a game has to offer, and these experiences are the essence of the fun. Enjoyment comes with the feeling of knowing you have experienced all a game has to offer.

When a game comes along with a glitched achievement, or in this case, a non-existent one, that feeling of "completion" is diminished. You have experienced everything, yet somehow it doesn't feel like you have.

Its analogous to you having a favorite TV show. At the end of the season, their finale has a cliff hanger. But, later the network cancels the show and no next season ever comes. Even though you have watched every episode ever made, you feel "incomplete" because of this.

I hope that makes sense, and explains how I think you and Cringer are both correct.
BelatedHero is offline   Reply With Quote