Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Tenchu Z
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Demo is out (US & Europe)

Played it for a while, it was alright. Just like any Tenchu game. I'll buy it when it drops to 20.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
It's also out in Europe, just downloading now. I'll edit the title

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #3
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Somebody please, for the love of god, tell me this game is a worthy addition to the Tenchu franchise. I've blagged a few mates into getting this in hopes the coop is as good as i believe it could be, but apart from Kaens (if memory serves) it's not had decent reviews.
highpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Seriously man.... I think garbage is a compliment to it Looks shit, plays shit and sounds shit!!! Defo a not get, a not rent one for me. Damn right terrible

Side note: I loved all the other Tenchu games

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 06-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

I was hoping you simply weren't "into" Tenchu, but if you've played the rest and still feel that way i'm gutted. This game was the bollocks on the PS; what a shame, hard to believe it's not even a renter.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

It had me tearing my hair out after 2 mins, and thats the demo!!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:45 AM   #7
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I loved the first two Tenchus and after that, never cared for the others. I did play 3 but I couldn't get into it like I have with the first two games. Oh well, they should stop making Tenchu games or at least sell the series to a developer that can actually MAKE THE DAMN GAME GOOD!
Old 06-09-2007, 02:09 AM   #8
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister View Post
Seriously man.... I think garbage is a compliment to it Looks shit, plays shit and sounds shit!!! Defo a not get, a not rent one for me. Damn right terrible

Side note: I loved all the other Tenchu games
Maybe it's not Tenchu that plays like shit Seriously, I f'n love this game. Yeah it looks so last gen, I don't really know what your gripes about the sound is, but hey, I loved it.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:24 AM   #9
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Not sure on the sound, I'd insulted everything else thought it may feel left out

But seriously it hardly plays like the traditional Tenchu. Controls seem stiff, camera is awkward, oh did I say it looks like its a PS1 title?

Old 06-09-2007, 02:51 AM   #10
TacticalChaos15

TacticalChaos15's Gamercard
Well I must say, I like it. I have been playing the demo for the last hour or so and it is really fun. The graphics are down right horrible, like psone.... but the blood effects are funny and satisfying and it is a really cool game. It feels like one of the old Japanese Ninja movies. I wouldn't pay 60 for it but when it drops to 30 or even 40$, I will get it. The only thing is, in the ESRB description it says nudity, in the demo there was none. My parents are really big on the no female nudity thing and I am not 17 yet so I can't buy it myself. Can anyone tell me how explicit the nudity is or if it is in a cutscene I can skip or anything so I can convince my parents to let me buy it??

My beloved Xbox...... May you rest in peace December 24th 2006- September 8th 2007
TacticalChaos15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 AM   #11
Abunai Aite

Knight Requiem's Gamercard
I actually like the demo. I dont know what yall find bad about the game but it looks kick ass to me.
[Eragon] [At worlds End] [NBA live 06] [N3] [Open Season] [GRAW 2] [nba 2K6] [College Hoops 2K6] [Fuzion Frenzy 2] [NBA Street Homecourt] [Blazing Angels] [Viva Pinata] [COD2] [King Kong] [DW5 Empires] [Enchanted Arms] [Alaskan Adventures] [TMNT] [Madden 06] [X-Men:Official Game] [Fight Night 3] [Shrek the Third] [MLB 2k6] [Cars] [Full Auto] [Madden NFL07] [NCAA 07]
Arcade-[Galaga]

Abunai Aite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #12
Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister View Post
But seriously it hardly plays like the traditional Tenchu. Controls seem stiff, camera is awkward, oh did I say it looks like its a PS1 title?
Well that's probably where it's different then. I've never played a Tenchu game before. Although I loved this one so much I went and picked up the one from the xbox, but w/out achievements I find it hard to get motivated to put it in
Old 06-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #13
Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalChaos15 View Post
Well I must say, I like it. I have been playing the demo for the last hour or so and it is really fun. The graphics are down right horrible, like psone.... but the blood effects are funny and satisfying and it is a really cool game. It feels like one of the old Japanese Ninja movies.
Exactly! It has style and it does a damn good job of making you feel like a ninja! Gameplay > graphics and unlike someone I had no problem with the camera. But then again, I was controlling it the entire time.. hey what else are you going to do with that right thumb?!? Besides, I used it all the time to look around corners and stuff.

Quote:
The only thing is, in the ESRB description it says nudity, in the demo there was none. My parents are really big on the no female nudity thing and I am not 17 yet so I can't buy it myself. Can anyone tell me how explicit the nudity is or if it is in a cutscene I can skip or anything so I can convince my parents to let me buy it??
Hmm, well I've only played the Japanese version (of course), but there is no nudity. You can be a female ninja and be almost nude. Like thong & rag over your breasts, but that's about it. There is nothing even close to nudity in any cut scenes, matter of fact all the women in the game have those big long traditional gowns on except for the other female ninjas.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #14
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Quote:
The graphics are down right horrible, like psone....
It might not be the prettiest bird on the block but it's still worth a go. Nothing spectacular, but definitely not PS1 graphics. It appears they've gone more for a specific art style (the blood for example) rather than ultra-super-duper-realistic graphics and it works well enough.

The controls felt quite clunky to me, although if i remember right it'll simply take getting used to, much like its siblings.

The boss fight on the boat felt far too mechanical, and the AI was awful (he stood there chopping thin air for ten minutes whilst i sipped sake & tended to bonsai), but other than that i love it. If it's still featured, how can you turn down the opportunity to traverse around Japan with 3 ninja mates over Live. Hours of shadow-hopping shuriken-throwing fun

Last edited by highpass; 06-11-2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: woops
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpass View Post
The controls felt quite clunky to me, although if i remember right it'll simply take getting used to, much like its siblings.
Yeah so I put some good time on this bad boy last night (the game not the demo) and I can see what you guys were complaining about regarding the controls! These are not the same layout the Japanese game has. There was several frustrating moments for about 20 mins as I learned the new controls, but I remapped what it let me and just got used to the other change and by the end of the night I was able to do everything just like I could on the Jap version.

Well actually I could do more, since I could read my skills and the hints So now I can do even more cool ninja moves. Still can't climb the ceiling though even though I bought the first two levels of the skill