Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > BioShock 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #31
Ellusion

Ellusion no's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Same situation, missing two tiny slices on the Brute Slicers. Moved on from Siren Alley where I know they randomly spawn, since they guide say they are present in all levels after that. Haven't seen a single Brute since Siren Alley, and I'm about to move into Persephone =/

Here's to hoping that Elite Brute is a special encounter.

Update: Indeed, when you get to the second to last level, Outer Persephone, the Brutes return. Encountered two of them (regular brutes, difficulty related?) at the beginning and unlocked Master Researcher. Note that on Easy, there were zero Brutes after Siren Alley and up until Outer Persephone.

Last edited by Ellusion; 02-21-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Ellusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #32
Latuszek

Latuszek's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide Fizz. I'm almost done with everything now and this definitely helped.
Latuszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #33
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
im just starting fontaines futuristic now, 2 questions, im on just over level 2 of the big sister research, will i have enough of a chance, also do the alpha series respawn because looking at the guide it only mentions 2 alphas? (haven't met any yet)

also any tips on a good score on the big sisters and alphas? what plasmids/weapons are best to use and how?

finally i have keen researcher, researcher2, and extended film reel, i get damage research in this level i think, do u need all 4 on? which did u use?

cheers.
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #34
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason g View Post
im just starting fontaines futuristic now, 2 questions, im on just over level 2 of the big sister research, will i have enough of a chance, also do the alpha series respawn because looking at the guide it only mentions 2 alphas? (haven't met any yet)

also any tips on a good score on the big sisters and alphas? what plasmids/weapons are best to use and how?

finally i have keen researcher, researcher2, and extended film reel, i get damage research in this level i think, do u need all 4 on? which did u use?

cheers.
You will run into a lot of Alphas though this level and the next. You will also encounter 3 Big Sisters if you are saving/harvesting the little sisters. As long as keep hitting the enemies regardless of whatever Plasmids you use, you shouldn't have any issues earning a decent score. Just make sure you use a Plasmid with a weapon, some users have said Freezing and using the Drill works best but it's really down to your own discretion.

As long as you get in the hits and deal a decent amount of damage you should get a good score regardless. I found using the Incinerate! Plasmid with the Rivet Gun would always produce good results, just make sure you use different weapons every once in a while.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #35
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
You will run into a lot of Alphas though this level and the next. You will also encounter 3 Big Sisters if you are saving/harvesting the little sisters. As long as keep hitting the enemies regardless of whatever Plasmids you use, you shouldn't have any issues earning a decent score. Just make sure you use a Plasmid with a weapon, some users have said Freezing and using the Drill works best but it's really down to your own discretion.

As long as you get in the hits and deal a decent amount of damage you should get a good score regardless. I found using the Incinerate! Plasmid with the Rivet Gun would always produce good results, just make sure you use different weapons every once in a while.
ok, thanks.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #36
TheMajinLegend

Send a message via AIM to TheMajinLegend

TheMajinLegacy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Question

So is it confirmed for sure that theres no way possible for more thuggish splicers to appear?? My bar is just barely touching the 4th track... Im really hoping that there is any hope to avoid doing this on my hard playthrough.. Im currently right in the middle of Dionysis Park.
TheMajinLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #37
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
got my research done now, 970 points so far, just a run through on hard now to do, cheers for the help.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #38
OverTheBelow

OverTheBelow's Gamercard
Can you research Elite Brute Splicers and still have them count towards the ordinary Brute Splicers' research tract? I only need like one more dude to kill. ~_~
OverTheBelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #39
Prime8

I be terrible's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheBelow View Post
Can you research Elite Brute Splicers and still have them count towards the ordinary Brute Splicers' research tract? I only need like one more dude to kill. ~_~
Yes, it all goes towards the same research. The "Elite" just means they're stronger or whatever.

Reached 100K on 1/2/14
Achievement: Killer Instinct - Jago Apprentice for 20 GS

Prime8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #40
blueglue

Blueglue78's Gamercard
Very well written...I wish I checked before, now I've already played the game twice and this is the only achievement Im missing... will use it next time, no doubt.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #41
S Luker 92

Rabid Sailor's Gamercard
Excellent guide I'm about to finish Pauper's Drop thanks for the heads up about the thuggish splicers.

RIP S Luker 92 Corrupted but never forgotten
S Luker 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #42
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have a question that may has been asked 1000 times before.

Do big daddies respawn in the same area and am i able to scan them?

Is there a good place for scanning brute splicers?

Last (yay) can i carry over the research progression to my next playthrough?

Thanks for the answers ^^

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:11 AM   #43
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 View Post
I have a question that may has been asked 1000 times before.

Do big daddies respawn in the same area and am i able to scan them?

Is there a good place for scanning brute splicers?

Last (yay) can i carry over the research progression to my next playthrough?

Thanks for the answers ^^
All enemies will re-spawn apart from the big sisters and the alpha series. You just have to hang around long enough and go to new areas of the levels and come back.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #44
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Excellent guide man. Huge help. Yea I think equipping those keen observer tonics as soon as possible is pretty crucial so that you get as much research done as quickly as possible so you don't miss the cheev. Along with he extended reel too. I found using electric shock 3 and blasting them in the face with the shotty got good scores everytime, and switching to the machine gun every now and then. I always used electric shock though. Those Houdini splicers can be a real pain to keep immobilized.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #45
DeweyIsOverrated

DeweysOverrated's Gamercard
Thought I'd post this little tidbit, which basically got me a full bar of a research on any subject for each reel I recorded.

I don't think order matters in this. I think what matters here is plasmids used, and how many times.

Start recording. The first thing you want to do is use Incinerate/Electrobolt. Second, use the opposite. Then use freeze. Each one of these plasmids is 100 research points, right off the bat, +1 for contact. Should be at a minimum of 303 right now.

I would then let the enemy unfreeze. Hacking away or shooting at them might cause them to shatter, reducing any potential for more points.

Second, (this should actually be first), you might want to have a few bots on you. Each unique bot counts as unique points. One bot landing a single hit on your enemy counts as 101 points. If you have two bots, that's 202. If there's a sentry turret thrown in there, that's 303. If a friendly camera spots an enemy and calls in a 3rd bot... well you get the idea. These points start adding up FAST. You're probably at about 700 now, and we haven't even used a weapon yet!

From here, the best way to add points is absolutely the drill. Without the bullet damage tonic, bullets do not add a ton. The drill is exempt from the rule, as holding it down for about a second will net you somewhere in the range of 150-200 points. If you have the bullet research tonic, switch to that and land about 4-5 machine gun bullets in the enemy for another 150ish points.

If you follow that guide I posted above, you should get one research track per enemy with no problem.
DeweyIsOverrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #46
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
I think you should mention in the guide that it stops researching once you get an upgrade

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #47
K R 3 B S 09

K R 3 B S 09's Gamercard
dont forget to fully research thuggish splicers as soon as you get the camera. They dont appear later on in the game
K R 3 B S 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #48
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for that, It was a good read and I feel well backed up for tackling this game. A+ for effort.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 AM   #49
Lightshow562

Question The Camera

Where is the Camera located in Paupers Drop cause i couldn't find it
Lightshow562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #50
Roose91

Send a message via MSN to Roose91

Roose91's Gamercard
Great guide! Too bad i saw it after completing paupers drop though...
One question aswell-do the Rumbler, Rosie and Bouncer and Turret, Bots amnd cameras share the same research or is it just that they are grouped together as one "research track".
Thanks.
100% Retail: CoD 2, Hitman:Blood Money, Bully, Just Cause, Assassins Creed, Gun, CoD 4, Oblivion (1250), Bourne Conspiracy, OFDR, Fallout 3 (1550), Halo 3:ODST, Godfather (1250), Godfather II, Qauntum of Solace, MW2,Assassins Creed 2, Viking, Fable II (1350), Borderlands (1250), The Saboteur, Lego Batman, Batman:AA, Bioshock (1100).

100% Arcade: Battlefield 1943, Zombie Apocolypse.
Roose91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #51
radadam

Will playing on easy mean that everything will die too quickly for me to rack up enough points in research?
radadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #52
Stallzart

Stallzart's Gamercard
the fastest way i found to get the security was to hack a machine and purposely stop it in the red it sends bots and when the timer runs out just do it all again.
Stallzart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #53
devilboy202

SiLENTxR34P3R's Gamercard
Great guide! Should get it done much faster now thanks!
devilboy202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #54
Fishman
Under the Sea

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Good guide, thanks you.

I just have one question:

I'm playing on normal and I'm on Fontaine Futuristics will I come across at least 1 more Brute Splicer? I need less than a sliver to finish the research on him.

Thanks

Edit: I got the achievement!!!

Last edited by Fishman; 03-24-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #55
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
Good guide, thanks you.

I just have one question:

I'm playing on normal and I'm on Fontaine Futuristics will I come across at least 1 more Brute Splicer? I need less than a sliver to finish the research on him.

Thanks

Edit: I got the achievement!!!
this is my question to as i am in the same boat i see you got achievement so i asume that the eltie brute on the last level will do it for me !
Old 03-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #56
K R 3 B S 09

K R 3 B S 09's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightshow562 View Post
Where is the Camera located in Paupers Drop cause i couldn't find it
there will be a pawn shop that you go on the roof of. Just find the hole and drop down
K R 3 B S 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #57
burnoutbabe

cjanderson's Gamercard
you may want to mention that there are no more Big Daddys after Fontaine Futures (level 7) - thats on easy. I realise this when i that was the last thing i had to research and couldn't see anything more in the guide for rest of level 9.

I had to reload a level 7 save and kill some more BDs there to get it, luckily then only had BSis and security to go, and level 8 is quite quick so got it 1/3 of the way through level 9 (security was the hardest one)
burnoutbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #58
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
In Outer Persephone I just encountered:

About 4 Leadhead Splicers
2 Brute Splicers and 1 Brute Corpse (killed by "something" else)
2 Big Sisters

The Leadheads and Brutes aren't noted in the guide. I just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone needed more Brutes.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:20 AM   #59
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
One thing to add: it is possible to get research to count from Brutes with Elite Brutes. I didn't have enoguh research and it worked to get to level four. So reaserhing Elite Brutes work also which are in Persephone.

One Question: I had full research complete for all EXCEPT the Big Sister. So on my next playthrough do I have to do it all over again or can I just reaarch the Big Sister and it will rememeber that I already researched the others like in the first Bioshock...?

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #60
Atanatos

atanatos's Gamercard
Thanks, this information will come in handy ^^

Add me! Do it. Do it now! Or not. You know. Free will and all that... But if you do wish to add me, not saying you should, mind you, GT: Atanatos
Atanatos is offline   Reply With Quote