PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands > The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
SweetBlackMagic

SweetBlackMagic's Gamercard
Don't be THIS guy...

So at lunch today, I ended up joining a Crawermax farm by chance with my Level 60 Hunter. The three other dweebs in there had apparently just killed him and were starting over. So we get up there and I end up finding a great spot on the rocks where I could just unleash with my launcher. One of the players had a great ammo regen mod equipped, so it was basically just holding down the trigger

But then after I did most of the damn work, the f*&#ing host booted me so they could farm him alone...and took all my XP for doing so with him. I swear to God if I could reach through the Internet and choke someone, this loser would be in pain right now.

Dick.

Just make your game private if you're going to do that crap.

I just wish I rememberd his GT...

OK...my venting is over

Last edited by SweetBlackMagic; 03-13-2010 at 12:53 AM.
SweetBlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Oh, that is mega weak.
You can check on your control screen to see the recent players gamertags.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Darsh

Look at your list of past online players. If you got offline afterwards they should be at the very top. Give them negitive Rep feedback.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
SweetBlackMagic

Yeah...but I can't remember which one of the three was the "host." Don't want to leave bad feedback for the other two who may or may not have had anything to do with it.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
They could have all been in on it. Message them and call them out on it
Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Massa Siggy

Saint Sigmund's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Find them, hunt them down, and unleash with a rocket launcher
Problem solved

XBL is full of dicks, it's a shame.

Credit to Spazaz Man for the sweet sig
Massa Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Balmung03

Balmung03's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Look at your list of past online players. If you got offline afterwards they should be at the very top. Give them negitive Rep feedback.
I do that all the time with dicks I meet over LIVE, especially on games like Halo and CoD; thankfully I've yet to meet anyone like that over Borderlands yet, but I would have at least thought the host could have been kind enough to tell you they wanted to do it alone first, or at least send you a message about it if he didn't have a mic. I think I need to get Colonel Stinkmeaner out here to confirm the smell of bitch on that guy.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
They could have all been in on it. Message them and call them out on it
If you're right, then I doubt they'll go to the courtesy of messaging him back. At least then he can feel safe giving all 3 negative rep though.

Last edited by Balmung03; 03-12-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Balmung03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
SweetBlackMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmung03 View Post
I do that all the time with dicks I meet over LIVE, especially on games like Halo and CoD; thankfully I've yet to meet anyone like that over Borderlands yet, but I would have at least thought the host could have been kind enough to tell you they wanted to do it alone first, or at least send you a message about it if he didn't have a mic. I think I need to get Colonel Stinkmeaner out here to confirm the smell of bitch on that guy.
LOL at the last sentence! I just sent a message to all three. Also cross-referenced their Friends List, so I'm pretty sure now that at least two of them were in on it. Like you said...kick me off BEFORE it starts, not after I do all the heavy lifting.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Parallax Demon

parallax demon's Gamercard
Had the same experience a couple of days ago. Was kicked out of the party two seconds after Crawmerax died. Funny thing is that I really don't care for the crap he drops as I already have more pearlescents than I need.
They just kicked out a player who was only interested in getting his proficiency up. Their loss.
Parallax Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Balmung03

Balmung03's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax Demon View Post
They just kicked out a player who was only interested in getting his proficiency up. Their loss.
Still a dick move regardless. I wish there was more I could do apart from just giving them negative feedback and giving myself a much lower chance of being paired with them online again.
Balmung03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #11
SweetBlackMagic

Quick update...two of the three have replied back claiming not to be the host, but the one that is friends with the only remaining player sent this in response as well:

"ur lame for writing a paragraph about crawmerax. and i wasnt host"

I think I ended my original message with some like "pretty lame move," or something similar. So I just replied back to him apologizing for the fact that he seems to have problems with larger words and paragraphs.

Poor bastard
Old 03-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #12
Oolidez

llamia's Gamercard
This happens more often than it should.
I usually give them bad rep instantly (I don't know if my console recalls the avoid player status I give to people). You could file a complaint too, if you bother the waste of time. Usually those cheap dudes don't play very well, you can feel what they're going to do before they act like this.
Oolidez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
DrkPhoenixSaga

Anyone willing to assist me in killing Crawermax on playthrough 1? I made the mistake of getting all my missions done on here and not playthrough 2. So It's the only mission i have left.
GT = DarkPhoenixSaga
thx
DrkPhoenixSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #14
NUKE

oo NUKE oo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBlackMagic View Post
So at lunch today, I ended up joining a Crawermax farm by chance with my Level 60 Hunter. The three other dweebs in there had apparently just killed him and were starting over. So we get up there and I end up finding a great spot on the rocks where I could just unleash with my launcher. One of the players had a great ammo regen mod equipped, so it was basically just holding down the trigger

But then after I did most of the damn work, the f*&#ing host booted me so they could farm him alone...
Lol you did most of the work with a launcher ??!! I have tried killing him with a launcher that does over 3500 damage and it hardly scratches him. Find it hard to believe you did the most damage, if you did the "dweebs" must have had crap weapons. My SMG kills him in about 1.5 minutes solo and its not modded.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
SweetBlackMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKE View Post
Lol you did most of the work with a launcher ??!! I have tried killing him with a launcher that does over 3500 damage and it hardly scratches him. Find it hard to believe you did the most damage, if you did the "dweebs" must have had crap weapons. My SMG kills him in about 1.5 minutes solo and its not modded.
Yeah...used one with x4 Electrical. With the ammo regen mod that the "dweebs" were using, and the fact that Crawermax and/or the Crabworms never saw or attacked me, I basically just held down the trigger.

Regardless, if someone stays through an entire round, they deserve the "spoils of victory"
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #16
Krogg

Krogglidor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBlackMagic View Post
Yeah...used one with x4 Electrical. With the ammo regen mod that the "dweebs" were using, and the fact that Crawermax and/or the Crabworms never saw or attacked me, I basically just held down the trigger.

Regardless, if someone stays through an entire round, they deserve the "spoils of victory"
Crawmerax is immune to elemental damage, launchers with elemental damage only have elemental damage, no bullet damage at all so I am sorry to say that there is no possible way you did any damage at all to him, but that still does not give them the excuse of booting you.

Questions about modded guns in Borderlands? visit my thread
Bet you can't beat my portal time (16:58.37)
Krogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
scud1888

scud1888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogg View Post
Crawmerax is immune to elemental damage, launchers with elemental damage only have elemental damage, no bullet damage at all so I am sorry to say that there is no possible way you did any damage at all to him, but that still does not give them the excuse of booting you.
Im pretty sure he is vulnerable to shocks, i have an eridian weapon that i use on him thats nothing but shocks and it can take off his arms. Still havent managed to kill the bugger though.

Pure Cannon Fodder

Completed: 54 Retail, 5 Arcade

http://www.trueachievements.com/Scud1888.htm
scud1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #18
Kirbster117

CaptainKirbster's Gamercard
I've had this multiple times and once or twice have been doing all of the work just to be booted by the noob who did nothing

Kirbster117 is online now   Reply With Quote