PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Band of Bugs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
Geoff The Hero

Send a message via AIM to Geoff The Hero Send a message via MSN to Geoff The Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Geoff The Hero

Geoff The Hero's Gamercard
Achievement Guide.

Quote:
Recruit (10 ):
Completed the Tutorial

Simple. Just go through and complete the first 3 stages of Maal's story.

Skilled: (20 )
Used 25 skills or spells
If you go through the storyline, this one will happen eventually. Just activate a skill or spell from any bug 25 times.

Let Loose the Bugs of War (40 ):
Completed the single-player campaign

Complete the campaign. If the objective is to destroy all enemies, keep your bugs together and make usage of all the items and spells/skills given to you at the time.

If the mission is to get to a certain place, try to execute haste (via item or Healer spell) on Maal or a flying bug; this makes the mission a lot simpler.

For Mission 8 - Hold the Line, hold the entire team back at the wall. Allow Maal to stay in his starting position and send the archer and mage to the right side of the wall, where ice spells allow enemies to cross. When enemies start coming up, use Maal to push them into the water. When the enemy Ice Mages start making the ice, wait until enemies start standing on them, and then use the mage's Heat or the item "Bomb" to destroy the ice, causing them to sink in the water. Remember to use the Healer's Healing Aura, Heal or the item Healing Dew whenever a comrade is in trouble.

For all missions, don't be afraid to let Maal fight; he has an exorbinant amount of health and has a very powerful melee again, along with the ability to push enemies to their death.

Tactical Maneuvers (20 ):
Earned five of every hit bonus type outside of the tutorials

If you go through the storyline, this one will happen eventually. The bonus types are "Critical Hit" and "Weak Hit".

Wet Bug Smell (15 ):
Defeated an opponent by knocking him into the water

Use Maal or a Grunt bug to use the skill "Push" to push any non-mobile/water-gliding enemy into a water space. When you push someone, they fall back 2 spaces, 3 if on ice.

Big Game Hunter (10 ):
Showed Barbarians up in food hunt

This achievement refers to the single-player campaign mission 12 - Big Game. This is fairly simple; get your team to the side where the Barbarians are and steal their kills just as they are about to defeat the spiders. There are 8 spiders in total, so make sure to move fast.

Third Time's the Charm (5 ):
Won three multiplayer games

In order to get this achievement quickly, set up a private multiplayer match:
Spider Hunter, 3 minutes, 5 points, Shifting Web.

Choose the Fire Mage and use your powerful spells to kill the water-gliding bugs and the flying bugs in one hit. Survive long enough and you'll get a win. Do this 2 more times.

D0cman88: For the 3rd time's a charm achievement, you can do it with 2 controllers and just have the gamertag you want to get the points win 3 times.

Gold Digging Ants (20 ):
Earned 20 gold medals

Complete the storyline with all platinum/gold medals. Completing each mission with a minimal amount of turns as well as a fast time will always give you at least a gold medal.

EDIT: If you follow the guidelines I gave for Let Loose the Bugs of War, you will easily be able to get the gold the first time around, at most second.

Spider Tamer (10 ):
Earned 30 points in a single Spider Hunter game

Spider Hunter, 30 minutes, 30 points, Shifting Web.
Die immediately and you'll respawn to a place where spiders and centipedes can't reach you.

Choose the Fire Mage and use your powerful spells to kill the water-gliding bugs and the flying bugs in one hit. Survive long enough and you'll get 30 points.

Ice Maker (15 ):
Froze 50 water tiles

Create your own map, filling it with as much water as possible. In the middle, put an Ice Mage (at level 12) and near the corner, put an enemy Clutch Bearer and an ally Grunt. Save it, and load a skirmish game in single player mode. Select the map you just made and load it.

Use your Winter Storm in order to freeze the water tiles, then use your grunt to use the skill "Push" to shove the Clutch Bearer off the map (unlocks the Bouncer achievement immediately as well). Repeat this map until you've frozen enough tiles to get the achievement.

Good Host (15 ):
Hosted 10 multiplayer games

Spider Hunter, 3 minutes, 5 points, Shifting Web.

Choose the Fire Mage and use your powerful spells to kill the water-gliding bugs and the flying bugs in one hit. Survive long enough and you'll get quick win. Do this 9 more times. You'll need to complete the match, you can't create a game and quit in the middle of it.

Bouncer (20 ):
Won a scenario by knocking all opponents out of playable area

Make a very small 2x2 map, with one Grunt and an enemy. Save it, and load a skirmish game in single player mode. Select the map you just made and load it.

Use the skill "Push" to push the one enemy out the arena.

Disclaimer: This is MY guide. I made it myself, so please don't steal it for your own name or else I'll believe that the 360 community sucks so much that I won't attempt making another guide again.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know; I'll be glad to answer them.

Last edited by Geoff The Hero; 07-04-2007 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Added a bunch of stuff to make reading easier.
Geoff The Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Very nice, deserves a sticky.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:10 AM   #3
D0cman88

D0cman88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the 3rd time's a charm achievement, you can do it with 2 controllers and just have the gamertag you want to get the points win 3 times.

D0cman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Geoff The Hero

Send a message via AIM to Geoff The Hero Send a message via MSN to Geoff The Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Geoff The Hero

Thanks for the sticky.

And thanks Docman, I'll edit that in as an alternate way.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #5
dek666

dek666's Gamercard
For the freeze 50 tiles i made a custom map with ice mages at level 12 and used storm. winter Storm freezes more tiles than frost. about 16 tiles per cast
dek666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
Cordes

x C O R D E S's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Your guide makes the game sound pretty easy. I think I'm going to download it tonight and get working on those achievements. Nice work

Quote:
You know what's weird. Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always puts a towel around his waist. I mean, what is that about? (Chandler Bing)
Cordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #7
The Wicker Man

Dalek Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
good show you really helped me out thanks mate!

THX DAN!

"I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive." - Henry Miller

Madden 06, Eragon, TMNT, College Hoops 2k6, Fuzion Frenzy 2, NBA 2k6, Elder Scrolls IV, Fight Night Round 3, Shadowrun, Scene It? LCA!, Lost: Via Domus,New Rally x, Galaga, TMNT' 89, UNO, Crystal Quest, 3D ultra mini golf, Carcassonne, Band of Bugs(250), Golden Axe, Bomberman Live, Gauntlet, Spyglass Boardgames, Arkadian Warriors, Puzzle Quest(250), Undertow, BattleField:1943
The Wicker Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #8
Geoff The Hero

Thanks dek666 for the tip and everyone else for the support! I'll be sure to make guides for any other upcoming games that I end up buying.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
killedbob

killedbob's Gamercard
thanks

hey good job on the guide! my wife plays this game and was having some trouble.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:12 AM   #10
Unearth4164

Unearth4164's Gamercard
Bouncer (20 ):
Won a scenario by knocking all opponents out of playable area

Make a very small 2x2 map, with one Grunt and an enemy. Save it, and load a skirmish game in single player mode. Select the map you just made and load it.

Use the skill "Push" to push the one enemy out the arena.

Thats what I did, but I have yet to get the achievement.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
Unearth4164

Unearth4164's Gamercard
I got it, this was my 200/200.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
VampireViking

Send a message via MSN to VampireViking

vampireviking's Gamercard
hmmm interesting
Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
For the multiplayer matches, it takes under 1m and 25s (not sure if spider hunt is faster) to select water garden. Move the grunt who can push as far to the right as possible. The second player will move his characters along the water wall as close to the bridge as possible. Push, repeat, push, repeat, push.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #14
L Demonic I

Send a message via AIM to L Demonic I

L Demonic I's Gamercard
For the "big game hunter" achievement do you have to kill every spider or a majority of the spiders? Trying to do it now and im having trouble
L Demonic I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
How long time does this take to max out?

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote