PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > How to Train Your Dragon
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 47 (1000)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 21-25 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
-Number of missable achievements: 5 (Unstoppable, In Great Shape, Valiant, Brave, and Invulnerable)
-Glitched achievements: No
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
- Does Difficulty Affect Achievements?: Just 1 (Commander)

Introduction

This game is going to be one of the longest movie-tie in kid’s games you’ve played. It’s mixed elements of the fighting genre, mini games, and RPG will require a bit of time and effort. The good news is that is has very few tough achievements which even then are easy using the right method.

Step 1: Story Mode

You have the option of picking between two characters in story mode. I highly recommend you pick Hiccup as your starting character first. Astrid's starts with Deadly Nadder which is absolutely the best dragon in the game, so you'll want to save that for your second playthrough since you'll be rushing through the game only training that dragon. Since you have to train 4 dragons to 25 in this playthrough, just pick Hiccup and make sure you pick Deadly Nadder as your first alternate dragon (or all 4 if you want). At the end of the roadmap I will lay out how to use it. So read that now or later if you want. During this mode you will be earning the majority of the achievements. This playthrough should take you around 15-20 hours depending on how good you get at the mini games, trainings, and if you gather more than you need in items. There are 5 missable achievements, but if you do happen to miss them you still have a second playthrough you need to do. Use multiple saves if you’d like (the limit is 4 save slots). To make things really easy, I have laid the guide out in the order I obtained each achievement. One thing you should know, is that you can only get to level 22 by the last tournament. After the tournament, you must get all the legendary dragons in the Wild Area fights. After those battles, you can then challenge the Viking more to gain a ton of experience to finish leveling your dragons.

Step 2: Story Mode 2nd Playthrough

Now that you have all story related achievements (except for finishing with alternate character), you must now finish the full story mode one more time to get your 15 points. This will feel more like a speed run, as you will know exactly what to do and will not be worried about getting any of the other achievements. You should only focus on one dragon if you’re fairly good at the game, two if not. Do not waste time training other dragons, as the main one should be able to take out everything. If you have gotten comfortable using Deadly Nadder, this will be a breeze!

Step 3: Arcade Mode

Arcade mode is very easy and shouldn’t really take much time. Read the achievement descriptions for the best methods to use. You will be using Deadly Nadder tactics. Being able to do most of these on easy should make this mode go by quickly. You should get all of the arcade mode achievements by at least 150 matches played.

Conclusion

The game is fairly lengthy and a few achievments may cause a few struggles, which is why I gave it a 4 out of 10 in difficulty. Otherwise, it's a really easy completition if you put the time in. I would also like to note, that you must get all of the story related achievements on one save file. None of them spread through mulitple saves or stories.

Deadly Nadder Tactic

This tactic is very easy and you will be using it constantly. All you have to do is keep your distance from the opposing dragon, and hit the button. The first thing you want to upgrade in story is Deadly Nadders first attribute which has 20 available slots. It will make every blow a severe one. The attack is extremely powerful and will take huge chunks of life away from your opponent as well as keeping your distance. It has the longest range out of pretty much every other attack. Once you train the dragon more, you’ll be able to use the combo. This is a good combo to use at certain times, but makes sure you back up when it's over to avoid being too close to the opponent. You can either do the one, or three hit combo, or use both. The single hit is good for perfections and the tripple is good for tournaments. You will be beating every tournament only using Deadly Nadder, as long as you do all trainings and challenges for it when available. Refer to the video I made in the “Perfect” achievement description, as it shows what the attack should look like and how easy it makes this game. It is the last achievement listed in the guide. I am not 100% sure, but I believe using the feathered tail actually increases the distance of attack by a little bit.

Last edited by Tyger7; 04-19-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote