PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
SilverSluggerMZ

SilverSluggerMZ's Gamercard
Quick question regarding "General" Achievement

I have finished every other CoD game on Veteran and 1000(+) them all. I have even boosted CoD: WaW to 10th prestige, which took a lot of sleepless nights on Double EXP.

The Veteran on this game is not what I am worried about. It's the General rank.

If I pop this game in and put it on my tag, I will finish it. But, my question is, is it worth it?

I'd like to finish all the CoD games and have them completed on my tag. But is it worth trying to boost the General rank? Would I ever get there? Are there even enough guys boosting to get it?

I've played the game on the PS3 and although the online is fun, I've heard the points you get from it are seldom. I would be more than willing to boost. I've even heard of some CTF trick? Not sure what that's about.

But, from you guys who are currently working towards the General rank and those of you who have the General achievement, is it worth putting the hours into the game or should I just say forget it and not worry about this CoD?

Any responses would be appreciated.

100% All Call of Duties.

Completed Retail: 36
Completed Arcade: 7
SilverSluggerMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
hey,
i got my general in about a week of straight boosting back in 2008. Maybe 3-4 hours a night... my friend is boosting for it now.
His GT is: GevaundanOmega
I still haven't finished veteran yet...haha
send him a message and join in on the CTF boosting... very easy
cheers
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:
Red Dead Redemption, BF:BC2, Halo3 , CoD 2, CoD 4, CoD: WaW, Oblivion, R6:Vegas 2, Assassins Creed II, The Saboteur, Call of Juarez, Civ: Revolution, Just Cause, Civil War, Gun, King Kong, Fifa 06:RTWC, EA:FN3, MLB 2K6, NBA 2K6, NBA Live07, Madden 06 09, Night at Museum, Cars, Two Worlds, KungFu Panda, Lego: Indy

100% Arcade
Uno, Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way
Colossus033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
SilverSluggerMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus033 View Post
hey,
i got my general in about a week of straight boosting back in 2008. Maybe 3-4 hours a night... my friend is boosting for it now.
His GT is: GevaundanOmega
I still haven't finished veteran yet...haha
send him a message and join in on the CTF boosting... very easy
cheers
Were you boosting with a full lobby of boosters? Or was it just you and a buddy? What I'd you guys do? How many points did you get a game? Were you bridging? Sorry, lots of questions.

100% All Call of Duties.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
velho lobodomar

velho lobodomar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSluggerMZ View Post
Were you boosting with a full lobby of boosters? Or was it just you and a buddy? What I'd you guys do? How many points did you get a game? Were you bridging? Sorry, lots of questions.

you need at least 8 players to start a ranked match, so if you plan to have a boosting session in peace you need at least 8, and luck to get everyone in a lobby before any randons join. you get around 500 to 1.000 depending on your connection and if thereīs no one disturbing. you donīt need to bridge, although it would help a lot. you just need a lot of patience.

i did not count but i believe it took me around 40-50 hours.
last retail: Gears of War

xbla + dlc: 3
xbla: 52
last arcade: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
velho lobodomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
SilverSluggerMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by velho lobodomar View Post
you need at least 8 players to start a ranked match, so if you plan to have a boosting session in peace you need at least 8, and luck to get everyone in a lobby before any randons join. you get around 500 to 1.000 depending on your connection and if thereīs no one disturbing. you donīt need to bridge, although it would help a lot. you just need a lot of patience.

i did not count but i believe it took me around 40-50 hours.

Thanks for the reply. So how are these guys boosting now? I don't think they have 8 people. I'm sure there are randoms in the game.

100% All Call of Duties.

Last edited by SilverSluggerMZ; 10-22-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
velho lobodomar

well i boosted this game about 7 months ago, there were still a lot of people boosting. you have to work a way around randoms that make a living out of pissing flag boosters, if thereīs only 1-2 in a match you can still boost without too much hassle.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
SilverSluggerMZ

Quote:
well i boosted this game about 7 months ago, there were still a lot of people boosting. you have to work a way around randoms that make a living out of pissing flag boosters, if thereīs only 1-2 in a match you can still boost without too much hassle.
So, in your honest opinion, if you were in my shoes today and had the option of going for it, would you? Do you think there is plenty of boosters on there?

100% All Call of Duties.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
velho lobodomar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSluggerMZ View Post
So, in your honest opinion, if you were in my shoes today and had the option of going for it, would you? Do you think there is plenty of boosters on there?
thatīs a difficult question, i donīt want to put you in a sinking boat
but if i were in this situation, i would take a look at the achievement trading thread and message some people. if i could gather around 5 more i would go for it. every now and then thereīs people willing to complete all CODs and decide to go through the pain that is this one.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
SilverSluggerMZ

Quote:
thatīs a difficult question, i donīt want to put you in a sinking boat
but if i were in this situation, i would take a look at the achievement trading thread and message some people. if i could gather around 5 more i would go for it. every now and then thereīs people willing to complete all CODs and decide to go through the pain that is this one.
The achievement trading thread is only as useful as the person posting the response. I don't trust people on here. They will say they will boost and be all game for it, then one of several things occur: they are never on, never on on a prearranged time, don't want to boost at the specific time, lie and say they will and then they don't.

But, I appreciate your efforts and response. Thankyou.

100% All Call of Duties.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
cheeky 315

cheeky 315's Gamercard
i have just got to general and to be honest i found it a pretty easy boost took about 5 days of heavy boosting but it is not a hard boost at all.

there are loads of people currently boosting this and it's only weekends where it can be diffacult to find boosting matches.

i was worried about the rank up achieves but imo it's a hell of a lot easier to boost to general than it is to do veteran. I have completed all the others on vet and i am finding this one the hardest by far.

I would go for it mate all in all if you are a dedicateed booster and you can play during the week getting to 40k exp will be relatively easy

Max Payne 3 (rank)
black ops (Moon easter egg)
Black ops II (tower of babel and all DLC)
F.E.A.R 3 (insane coop and contractions)

Last edited by cheeky 315; 02-14-2010 at 08:35 PM.
cheeky 315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
ghost2112

Viking Kong X7's Gamercard
I'm not sure if this would help, but I have a copy of the game, and might be willing to help. I have been reluctant to put it on my gamertag, due to concern over the ability to obtain the online achievements. While I don't have to 1000 a game, I do like to maintain a 80% completion percentage.

I'm not experienced with boosting, but I would be willing to learn. I love the COD games. If I though I could hook up with some people who just enjoyed playing the game, wanted to have fun, and weren't complete tools, then I would most likely be willing to climb aboard. Just a thought.

ghost2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
diabolical

diabolical137's Gamercard
all boosters out there: put me on your list. will start boosting cod3 in about 1 week.
diabolical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
Oinkness

Oinkness's Gamercard
I've got this from gamefly so I guess I will start hopping online now and hope to find some games where people are boosting. Please don't kick me out if you see me. I'll try not to cause any problems.

--edit-- Ouch... I was the only person online? During prime time weekday? Call me a quitter, heheh... not even going to play this game if nobody else is..

Last edited by Oinkness; 02-16-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Oinkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #14
rye007

burgerboyrye's Gamercard
hey guys,
Just need the general achievement..still need about 16500 points lol...
Please add me for boosting, as I really wanna get it done this week.Send me a message on the xbox...Gamer tag is burgerboyrye
Lets get a party together n get it done...cheers
rye007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #15
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Depends. Do you want it because of the points? Then no. Not really. Or do you want it because it's one of the most time consuming games to collect all the achievements for of all time? Or just because you have too much free time. I personally want to get it for bragging rights since it is a hard game to complete. And of course, the points are nice. I'm up to 3,000 points. Most of which are from real matches. I've boosted 2 or 3 times getting 1,200 points in one game. I'll boost with anyone who is willing to. My gamertag is TheStayonTarget. Message me telling me you want to boost.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
K R 3 B S 09

K R 3 B S 09's Gamercard
yesterday i got guys and we were able to block others ip's and we got about 1500 points a match. There are plenty of booters but most are people from 3rd world countries were cod 3 just came out like a month ago lol
K R 3 B S 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #17
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
lol
Yeah, there have been quite a few boosters on the last couple days. Since Friday I've gotten 4,500 points. I'm almost to my Major achievement. So probably the next time I get on I'll get it.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
darthchimp182

Darth Chimp's Gamercard
i'm looking to boost this, i got a little under 30,000 to go, i'm playing most GMT evenings, so add me, and I'll be up for it, I'm a dandy flag thrower too

I really want one of those Crystal balls that allow people to see DLC before it's even released well enough to pass judgement....
...time to don the Level 5 Horse Armour and go raid me a Troll Cave!
darthchimp182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #19
YhoJo Kinson

YhoJo Kinson's Gamercard
Grrrrrr

Bin trying to boost today, some people are all up for it and other are friken annoying!! You get on, everyone sticks to the rules then some dweeb comes running shooting like mad

Im like 6k something, and im miles away, plus i can only do fridays and sundays, but if there are any peeps out there who wanna boost, add me, i'll add you when i get on and im available for those days above GMT time.
YhoJo Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YhoJo Kinson View Post
Bin trying to boost today, some people are all up for it and other are friken annoying!! You get on, everyone sticks to the rules then some dweeb comes running shooting like mad

Im like 6k something, and im miles away, plus i can only do fridays and sundays, but if there are any peeps out there who wanna boost, add me, i'll add you when i get on and im available for those days above GMT time.
And that's why you'd give people "The Treatment" until they leave. :P I got like 4,000 points last night putting me at 13,000. You'd get more points if the host lags the game like uploads a video to youtube or something. But you don't want it to lag to much. I was playing last night and got like 1,100 points in this one match but you couldn't hear ANYTHING! You didn't here the person saying "Flag Taken" and "Flag Returned". You couldn't hear your bullets or grenades. All you heard was the background noise of the wind and distant explosions. 2 of our 8 people were kicked out of the match too. Lagged out. So you gotta be careful. Add me if you want. I'll add any boosters until I get the General Achievement. Only 27,000 points away!! lol
Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #21
Mr Sparkle64

Mr Sparkle64's Gamercard
I'm on most of the time, send me a message/FR if anyone wants to boost to General. (I don't know the technique for boosting this game so would appreciate info thanks!)
Mr Sparkle64 is offline   Reply With Quote