Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #31
TheFlyingToaster

SuddenToaster's Gamercard
Yeah i don't see how thats offense to anyone and to ban you for it is stupid. Couldn't they just have asked to change it? I mean they bothered to email you anyway why not just send you a warning instead of insta-ban.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #32
Brutalsleeper

Brutalsleeper's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingToaster View Post
Yeah i don't see how thats offense to anyone and to ban you for it is stupid. Couldn't they just have asked to change it? I mean they bothered to email you anyway why not just send you a warning instead of insta-ban.
They didn't do that because a lot of people are douche bags and probably wont listen. Giving out a warning would mean that warned person would have to be monitored until it is clear they have changed and learnt their lesson this is a lot of work considering how many people post offensive or sexual stuff.Having to monitor that many people would be hard.
Plus a 2 week ban is nothing more than a slap on the wrist really.And it's not stupid at all the comment was quite clearly sexual and so a temporary ban seems to be the correct punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
But the dig site is on the other side of the city!.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #33
SKIBADABOMSKI

CRISP EATERS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma Andhi View Post
When a mummy and a daddy get really friendly he ends up pounding her 'vashh'. And this is how new forum members are made.
What a great post.

Microsoft can just say to you " yeah but look mate, POUNDING HER VASH !!! " and then he laughs and says " come on dude you know thats out of line yeah? and you'll go " yeah well it's not as bad as some of the .............. phone goes dead.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #34
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonisco0l View Post
it's what they want to say. Freedom of speech and stuff, and plus that was not bad at all.
Except that freedom of speech does not apply here. You want to be part of Xbox live, you have to follow their rules.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #35
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
Except that freedom of speech does not apply here. You want to be part of Xbox live, you have to follow their rules.

haha yeah. It always amazes me that people have no idea what freedom of speech means.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #36
II BeNtOn 92 II

II BeNtOn 92 II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Ok guys so today i go to log onto XBL and Oh snap ive been suspended till the 27th of april blah blah details have been emailed to you.

So i log onto my email adress and there it is an email from the Enforcement team. The content they deemed offensive or inapropriate was

The Iron Chef Of Pounding Vashh!

That was in my name in my profile. Now forgive me if im wrong but how is that offensive in anyway? The only thing i can think of why its been deemed inapropriate is because its a quote from the film SuperBad and maybe your not allowed film quotes in your Profile.

Thoughts?
It has obviously been reported by other players, maybe people that dont like you lol.
Coz I know people with worse stuff, but get away with it, because no1 reports it, maybe you got unlucky.

100% Games:
★ Avatar TLA: TBE ★ FIFA 06 ★ Fight Night Rd3 ★ King Kong ★ NBA 2k6 ★ Gears of War 2 (1000) ★ Fuzion Frenzy 2 ★ Lost via Domus ★ NHL 2k6 ★ Assassins Creed II ★ Oblivion ★ CoD: WaW (1000) ★ NFS Undercover ★ Battlefield BC 2 (1000) ★ CoD MW 2 ★
Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #37
LMC1

LMC1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi Pear View Post
Pounding Vashh sounds like a sexual reference.
It is. It's from the film SuperBad. Still funny as hell though. Stindgy microsoft!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #38
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonisco0l View Post
I don't see why they ban anyone on what there bio says. hello? it's what they want to say. Freedom of speech and stuff, and plus that was not bad at all. im sure cause it said iron chef of pounding some probably took that as in having sex pounding a girl or something dude. idk.
Wait a second, you're going to use "Freedom of Speech" as an excuse?

Sure, Microsoft is an American based company. However, the service they provide has it's own rules and regulations. The moment you created your tag you agreed to those rules, so Freedom of Speech has no effect here.

You break Microsoft's rules, you get banned. The Constitution can't help you there.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #39
II BeNtOn 92 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak47 View Post
Wait a second, you're going to use "Freedom of Speech" as an excuse?

Sure, Microsoft is an American based company. However, the service they provide has it's own rules and regulations. The moment you created your tag you agreed to those rules, so Freedom of Speech has no effect here.

You break Microsoft's rules, you get banned. The Constitution can't help you there.
yeah you score a good point, there was obviously a valid reason for it being banned, and i bet 99% of people dont know the FULL meaniing of the phrase.
It could mean anything.

100% Games:
★ Avatar TLA: TBE ★ FIFA 06 ★ Fight Night Rd3 ★ King Kong ★ NBA 2k6 ★ Gears of War 2 (1000) ★ Fuzion Frenzy 2 ★ Lost via Domus ★ NHL 2k6 ★ Assassins Creed II ★ Oblivion ★ CoD: WaW (1000) ★ NFS Undercover ★ Battlefield BC 2 (1000) ★ CoD MW 2 ★
Old 04-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #40
njdevils17

MVDEVILS17's Gamercard
I don't see anything wrong with it. I have to go with what other users are saying and that some guy probably got mad at you on LIVE and reported you.

New Jersey Devils 2012 Eastern Conference Champs
New York Giants 07-08 and 11-12 Super Bowl Champs

Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #41
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Two week ban? So is this your second offense?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #42
II BeNtOn 92 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils17 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it. I have to go with what other users are saying and that some guy probably got mad at you on LIVE and reported you.
yeah man thats what i said.

100% Games:
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #43
lordthrash

Send a message via ICQ to lordthrash

lordthrash's Gamercard
I don't find it or anything like it offensive. I thought it was a very funny line and i love that movie. That being said some overprotective parent checking out profiles of people that their child plays with probably reported it. Their needs to be a way to seperate these children from everbody else. I am a parent myself but in no way would i ever do something like this. People need to learn to have a sense of humor!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #44
avenga4

ESxCarnage's Gamercard
This really isnt that offensive but i was the person to read this i wouldnt have reported u i would have sent u a message for making my day that quote was so fucking funny i dont understand who would report you thats just my opinion and i feel bad that microsoft has to be so hard on people who dont deserve it and actaly ban people who do SERIOUS RULE BREAKING like 10th perstige lobbys or the people who have 4 perks and 3 wepons at the same time i still see so many of them and nothing is being down about it
Old 04-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #45
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
Two week ban? So is this your second offense?
Yep this is only my 2nd time ive been suspended from XBL. My first time i think it was for 24 or 48 hours i cant remember. Like i said im not bovered tbh, I can play MW2 on one of my alternate account like i am doing right now. Its the only game i play online and ive maxed it out on my main so if i need to do any achievement hunting i can do it offline

Old 04-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #46
R34 ftw

R34 ftw's Gamercard
That sucks dude.

People need to stop being so sensitive, it only complicates things, and it's just plain unnecessary.

Even though I enjoy playing 360 games, I absolutely hate Xbox Live. (and obviously Microsoft)
Old 04-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #47
Shadownage

Send a message via AIM to Shadownage Send a message via Skype™ to Shadownage

FUEL DEP0T's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
How could anyone find this offensive, I mean honestly...

Twitter Last.fm YouTube
Photobucket
Signature made by me,
PM me if you want one made
Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #48
II BeNtOn 92 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownage View Post
How could anyone find this offensive, I mean honestly...
it could mean something we all dont know about..

100% Games:
Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #49
briguy100

Briguy100's Gamercard
i could see this being offencive to some people who arent as accepting as others or parents who dont want their young children being "exposed to this stuff" lol but in my oppinion nope
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #50
II BeNtOn 92 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy100 View Post
i could see this being offencive to some people who arent as accepting as others or parents who dont want their young children being "exposed to this stuff" lol but in my oppinion nope
yep theres a coupla reasons right there lol

100% Games:
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #51
CRAZY 7

CRAZY 7's Gamercard
Its totally sexual that whole movie was based on getting layed, but does it offend me no.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #52
R Rated Love

R Rated Love's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC1 View Post
It is. It's from the film SuperBad. Still funny as hell though. Stindgy microsoft!
Do you even know what stingy means?

It doesn't matter if it offends anybody or not. It clearly violated the Code of Conduct, and as such, you got what was deserved.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #53
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
First, let me say that no I'm not offended.

Now, let me summarize this thread:

* Tussell explained this properly in post #4. Nothing beyond that really needed to be said.

* Freedom of speech applies ONLY to the government not a private institution. Microsoft tells you there are limits on what you can say on the mic and in text, and anyone who wants to call on their right to free speech should know that Microsoft can enforce these limits without having to tell you.

* It doesn't matter if we find it offensive or not or even if the guy that suspended you found it offensive or not - it broke the rule and a suspension was your punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A ZombieTwinkie View Post
You probably beat some little 12 year old or some 28 year old who's a sore loser at a game and they decided to get back at you by seeing if they could report you. Happened to me 2 weeks ago.

I got banned for 'Nintendos B4 Hos' in my profile. I know I got banned for having 'Nintendo' in my profile, but that's besides the point, haha. Do I find it offensive, personally no. But I could see how someone could take it that way.
As Tusell put it, I don't have enough face or enough palm.

It doesn't matter what the reason for reporting you was, if you broke the rules they are free to do so (and frankly they should do so - I'm tired of seeing stupid shit like that)

And if you honestly think it was the "Nintendo" in your profile that got you suspended then you need to go get a vasectomy ASAP.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #54
xcarmacksx

x Carmacks x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post

* Tussell explained this properly in post #4. Nothing beyond that really needed to be said.

* Freedom of speech applies ONLY to the government not a private institution. Microsoft tells you there are limits on what you can say on the mic and in text, and anyone who wants to call on their right to free speech should know that Microsoft can enforce these limits without having to tell you.

* It doesn't matter if we find it offensive or not or even if the guy that suspended you found it offensive or not - it broke the rule and a suspension was your punishment.

It doesn't matter what the reason for reporting you was, if you broke the rules they are free to do so (and frankly they should do so - I'm tired of seeing stupid shit like that)

And if you honestly think it was the "Nintendo" in your profile that got you suspended then you need to go get a vasectomy ASAP.

Well clearly there was a lot to say after tussell, people wanted to answer his question, the reason for this post.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #55
Brutalsleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post

Thank God someone knew the right things to say to end this stupid ass argument.

Quote:
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #56
xcarmacksx

x Carmacks x's Gamercard
I didn't know this was an arguement, the guy simply asked if anyone was offened. He also said that he wasn't complaining either. I thought it was a legit question
Old 04-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #57
Brutalsleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarmacksx View Post
I didn't know this was an arguement, the guy simply asked if anyone was offened. He also said that he wasn't complaining either. I thought it was a legit question
It's not the OP that's the problem... If you look through there are people trying to blame Microsoft etc etc

Quote:
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #58
Kamakazi Pear

Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Dak said it perfectly: The answer was summed up after about 4 posts.
I don't understand why are continuing to post.

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.

360voice | trueachievements
Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #59
xcarmacksx

x Carmacks x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi Pear View Post
Dak said it perfectly: The answer was summed up after about 4 posts.
I don't understand why are continuing to post.
Well if it was summed up it should have been closed, and I don't understand why you are continuing to post. I guess others cant answer his QUESTION?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #60
Brutalsleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarmacksx View Post
Well if it was summed up it should have been closed, and I don't understand why you are continuing to post. I guess others cant answer his QUESTION?
The QUESTION was answered...
It's not offensive but sexual hence temporary ban.

Quote:
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread