PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two: The 40th Day > Chapters of Deceit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #241
AntoMUFC

Send a message via MSN to AntoMUFC

antomufc's Gamercard
Lets all get posting in my thread and tell EA we wont stand for this bull $hit

i WILL be calling the Trading Standard Authority monday morning to find out what LEGAL action we can take against them
AntoMUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #242
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
This weeks SentUAMessage say EA are working on it.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #243
Dazsaund

Question

The plot thickens. So it looks like EA maybe forced into a fix , because the media is quoting EA as workin on a patch . EA save yourself more embarrassment , just tell us what the hell is going on .True Marvellous;This weeks SentUAMessage say EA are working on it.[/QUOTE]
Dazsaund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #244
JeanRob

Ghost JeanRob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMUFC View Post
I WILL be calling the Trading Standard Authority monday morning to find out what LEGAL action we can take against them
I you are in the UK, you might be able to get a refund after many months, but don't hope for a fix.
Look at how many years it took for the whole EU to force Microsoft to offer more web browsers by default. Do you think the UK will bother for a few gamers with a defective product? Nope.
IMHO, the best way is to get EA criticised by every major gaming website. Maybe, like that, we stand a chance.
JeanRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #245
Philosopher

I'm totally with you gays! I will support any actions against of EA not willing to fix the product we have paid for!
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #246
MODSRAM

MODSRAM's Gamercard
Don't get excited from SentUAMessage mentioning EA are working on a fix, they quoted Eurogamer as the source.

Eurogamer: EA working on fix news, 14th April.

EA forum admin quote 16th April: "Hey guys,

We appreciate your feedback and input on this issue. While we continue to look into this, there are no fixes planned at this time. Please view and subscribe to the FAQ linked below to be notified of further updates."

Last edited by MODSRAM; 04-18-2010 at 10:04 AM.
MODSRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #247
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Apologies for my recent Hiatus, but life offers quite a bit of lemons sometimes. It's been 2 weeks since I suggested we begin our refund procedures. I am still in the process of being a live action ping pong ball. When I call Xbox Support they tell me I have to go through EA, when I call EA they tell me I have to go through Xbox Support.

Today a supervisor from LIVE said he will "investigate" this further for me and immediately apply the refund to my account if eligible. Which I presumed they were already doing with as many "notes" there were on my account...

I see there is a new development with at least some sort of acknowledgment on the issue, in the end though all I still see is many more angry consumers who were razzled into a defective product. I remain pessimistic as to whether all this media attention will force EA's hand to fix their product. Regardless, the effort from everyone to pressure EA is much appreciated. Hopefully, another new development will follow suit.

Cheers

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #248
JeanRob

Just a quick message to tell you that I've posted in the PS3 part of the website where they discuss the exact same thing.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/arm...-glitched.html

If we join forces, we might stand a chance against EA.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #249
Mr Snipey

Pleese Shoot Me's Gamercard
Got this from Eurogamer, after telling them about the 'not going to fix' post:

EA PR says that post is a "mistake" and that a customer service rep messed up, basically. None of that is on the record, however, but the statement in my news story - that EA is looking into the matter - still stands.
Mr Snipey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #250
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
I was just warped into the PS3 forum of this game (thanks to JeanRob). It seems they have found a workaround to solve this issue, but I highly doubt it will work on the X360 side. Anyway, this DLC is absolutely faulty and the glitch has been shared by both consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snipey View Post
Got this from Eurogamer, after telling them about the 'not going to fix' post:

EA PR says that post is a "mistake" and that a customer service rep messed up, basically. None of that is on the record, however, but the statement in my news story - that EA is looking into the matter - still stands.
Now they say the POST is a mistake? "Not fixing the issue" is a mistake? Ok, you gotta love PRs, you never know what they really want to say.

Last edited by JieXY; 04-19-2010 at 03:34 PM.
JieXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #251
xcarmacksx

x Carmacks x's Gamercard
EA can suck my mothafucking dick, I don't give a fuck anymore this is just ridiculous. Sorry for the language, but this is nothing compared to what i'd do if i caught someone stealing from me in my house.
xcarmacksx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #252
Dark Knight1990

Dark Knight1990's Gamercard
I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to purchase this DLC. But I will NOT do it as long as it is glitched. If EA is incapable of delivering a working product then they will not be getting my money.

I'd like to say that I'm surprised by this but I'm not really. This is typical EA and further re-enforces my belief that they are the worst publisher out there.
Dark Knight1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #253
Bossi360

Send a message via MSN to Bossi360

Bossi360's Gamercard
Yep fifa 10 and modern warfare 2
Bossi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #254
AntoMUFC

antomufc's Gamercard
We have an update!

see http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...4.page#4703365 for details, its only little, but its another step in our battle against EA
Old 04-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #255
deevo420

FearLoathe420's Gamercard
what?? I hate glitched games Legend of Zelda for wii was full of them
deevo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #256
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
We have an update!

see http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...4.page#4703365 for details, its only little, but its another step in our battle against EA
Now that's more like it. A small, if slow, step towards the right direction.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #257
JeanRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
Now they say the POST is a mistake? "Not fixing the issue" is a mistake? Ok, you gotta love PRs, you never know what they really want to say.
You can't blame blame them for you doing their job. It's the job that sucks. I couldn't spend my days lying to people and changing my opinons every 2 seconds just because my hierarchy told me to clean up their stinky mess.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #258
kakihara301

Hey all. I was brought over from the dark side by JeanRob to post or egg on EA to fix their mess (seeing as both us PS3 guys and you xboxers have SAME glitch). Wanted you all to know that I can vouch for myself as personally talking, posting and E-Mailing EA about and have basically gotten the same shitty backwards answers you all have gotten. GRRRRRR.... Well, it seems from some of the posts that maybe EA might fix this sometime.

And yes, we do have a fix/workaround, but I'm NOT doing it. On the PS3, if you delete game data and ALL saved data, then restart game and get to first checkpoint and quit, AND THEN play DLC, all trophies will pop. But I've got too much time invested in this game to delete my saved games.

Stay strong and stay united on our war against lazy DLC quality assurance.
PS3 and XBOX 360 vs. D-Bag EA!!
Take care everybody.
kakihara301
kakihara301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #259
JeanRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakihara301 View Post
And yes, we do have a fix/workaround, but I'm NOT doing it. On the PS3, if you delete game data and ALL saved data, then restart game and get to first checkpoint and quit, AND THEN play DLC, all trophies will pop. But I've got too much time invested in this game to delete my saved games.
Interesting, but I won't be doing it either.
Especially since it would unlock all the achievements and most of us would like to earn them properly.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #260
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
Did anyone try that method which the PS3 gamers used? I really don't believe that it works on our box but who knows... I got the 1k from the original game so it's not risky 4me to try it (what can I loose) but it's maybe time wastin'...
Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #261
kakihara301

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanRob View Post
Interesting, but I won't be doing it either.
Especially since it would unlock all the achievements and most of us would like to earn them properly.
Thanks for sharing.
Sorry if my explanation was written to mislead you, but, you still have to earn all the DLC achievements. Ya know, you have to beat the chapters, find a mask, help Dr. Wu, etc. So you still have to earn them. And I do not know if it works on the 360. I can only say it definitely works on PS3. If someone tries it, let us all know one way or another. Once again, thanks all and take care.
kakihara301
Old 04-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #262
EA Shenron

EA Shenron's Gamercard
Quote:
Can you be more precise about Game Data and save data ?
If I erase all my game save from hard drive and clear my cache, would It be enough ?
I'm asking because I've had all my stats erased from EA servers : no more kills, weapons etc. So I won't lose much if I erase my saved data. If I've got more explanations about what I should erase, I'll try this method.

Working on : AC : Brotherhood
On hold : ME 2, Dante's Inferno, Banjo Kazooie N&B
Planned : ---
Waiting for : Batman : AC, Darksiders 2
EA Shenron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #263
JeanRob

Quote:
You still have to earn all the DLC achievements.
It's looks better like this, but I don't want to tempt the devil.

Quote:
find a mask
Could you detail a bit more please? Because it's quite an issue on the 360. Once we've collected the masks, they do not appear on a 2nd playthrough. Are you saying it does on the PS3 if we follow your method?

EDIT: Thanks Acheru for trying

Last edited by JeanRob; 04-20-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #264
Acheru

Acheru's Gamercard
I tried erasing my AoT:40th Day data and clearing the caché. I also erased and re-downloaded the DLC. Then I started a new campaign and after the 1st save, I exited to the main menu and loaded the DLC. Played trough it and had no achievements.

Oh, and somehow I still had the new masks and the storage boxes only gave me money.

Maybe they are referring to erasing ALL your saves from every game? Please, let us know...

Last edited by Acheru; 04-20-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added more info
Acheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #265
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
I can assure you that the game stats are stored in your GamerTag, or at least linked to your GT, so deleting gamesaves only removes your game progress info, but not your stats info. Once you start a new game after deleting your saves, all your guns and money are kept intact. That's why the PS3 workaround doesn't fit the X360 side.

I think some of us (including myself) have proven the above theory.

My guess is that PS3's save systems are totally a different story, which is quite obvious.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #266
AntoMUFC

antomufc's Gamercard
has anyone tried deleting completely, then completing the WHOLE game on 1 difficulty ?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #267
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
I can assure you that the game stats are stored in your GamerTag, or at least linked to your GT, so deleting gamesaves only removes your game progress info, but not your stats info. Once you start a new game after deleting your saves, all your guns and money are kept intact. That's why the PS3 workaround doesn't fit the X360 side.

I think some of us (including myself) have proven the above theory.

My guess is that PS3's save systems are totally a different story, which is quite obvious.
I can confirm that this is correct also. I deleted EVERYTHING from my xbox and then recovered my gamertag and all stats where still there. I even recovered it on a friend's xbox, all stats still there. I don't see how any work around will work, just a patch.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #268
kakihara301

Hey guys. Just catching up on all your posts. That sucks that our workaround doesn't work on the 360. Like someone said, your save and game data must work differently than on a PS3. Thanks to acheru for giving it a try to at least let you guys know that it is a fail.

@JeanRob - If you hear ANY news, could you pop over to our site and give us some news - good, bad or indifferent. We'll keep our ears to the ground and I'll pop over here if we get any CREDIBLE info. In the meantime, let us ALL keep pestering (politely) EA to get off their sorry asses and fix this mess. We all spent 10 bucks or 800 MS points and we ALL deserve a fully functional DLC for such a badass game. Take care XBOXERS!!!
Sincerely
your brother from another mother (PS3)
kakihara301
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 AM   #269
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
Quote:
has anyone tried deleting completely, then completing the WHOLE game on 1 difficulty ?
yes. i did that too... deleted everything, then completed chapters 1-9 all in one sitting... didn't change anything.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 AM   #270
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I didn't expect to loop back to what I am reading again so soon, but alas here we are. I know a couple of pages ago we already discussed that even the virgin sacrifices didn't appease the achievement lord...but I suppose since we are playing the reiterating game, I'll throw in my two bits.

Things to Note:

1) All of your statistics are stored on your Gamer Tag on the Xbox 360 version. This includes, but not limited to money, guns, kills, even how man times you slapped your partners arse. Ok maybe I lied about that last one, but you do slap your partners arse at the right angle.

2)Games Saves on the Xbox 360 only store game progression, as in where you are level wise, as in where your current checkpoint is within the game, as in how far you are before you beat the game...I don't know how else to explain it. Deleting these saves merely mean that you have to begin the game again.

What doesn't work:
1) Deleting your saves won't get your DLC achievements.
2) Clearing your cache will not get you your DLC achievements.
3) Deleting/Re-Downloading the DLC shall not earn you your DLC achievements.
4)Recovering your GT does nothing towards your DLC achievements.
5)Playing offline...does not....
6)Doing all the above at once...
7)Changing the Difficulty
8)....Contacting EA

What we know:

As of now, with no thanks to anyone from EA, through many testimonies, trial and error, and many thanks to the many dedicated members on our site, have seemed to isolate the error.

There seems to be a direct correlation between how many MP achievements you have and how many DLC achievements can be earned.
Apparently if the DLC is the first thing you play, as in as soon as you reach the first checkpoint in the game and quit out to start the DLC, you can earn all achievements normally with minimal error.

Read back a few pages for further details...

What works:
.................................................. ..........

Cheers

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote