PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #211
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I plan on doing the Endless Setlist Christmas Eve(Dec. 24th). My wife works that day and I have 8+ hours to do whatever I want. Soooooo, I just need to unlock the setlist. I have 520 stars so I need to get to 900 in the next two weeks in order to unlock it. I'm going for the Bladder of Steel achv also. Playing on hard guitar since I can do almsot every single song on expert. I do not want to fail at the end playing expert! So I'm being safe and gonna knock out the two achievements on hard. Wish me luck!!!!

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - RISK 12/02/13

Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #212
Armor42

Armor42's Gamercard
I've seen multiple people ask this question in this thread, but nobody has answered...

If multiple people are signed in on one xbox, will they all receive the achievements upon completion of the endless setlist 2?
Armor42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #213
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor42 View Post
I've seen multiple people ask this question in this thread, but nobody has answered...

If multiple people are signed in on one xbox, will they all receive the achievements upon completion of the endless setlist 2?
Yes, they will all receive the achievement for the lowest difficulty being played, not for the difficulty they are playing. example: 4 people are playing, 2 at expert, 1 at hard, and 1 on medium. All 4 receive the achievement for medium only.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #214
Armor42

Armor42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
Yes, they will all receive the achievement for the lowest difficulty being played, not for the difficulty they are playing. example: 4 people are playing, 2 at expert, 1 at hard, and 1 on medium. All 4 receive the achievement for medium only.
thank you. It'll be me and a friend signed in, both playing expert, with a 3rd dude taking over for us when we need breaks!
Armor42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:19 AM   #215
Futility

First of all, I'd like to thank Callum and everyone else who has made this thread a great source of info on the ESL2. I've used it extensively for preparing my run.

My story: decided to go for ESL2, Bass, Hard. NOT going for BoS, I don't need the hassle and I'm old, I need arm breaks after 20 or so songs =)

Anyway, I've 4* mostly everything, a few 3*, more than a few 5*. I'm at 82/84, and we all know what that means. I simply cannot pass Visions. Now, I know there's been a million topics on Visions, so I don't want to be "that guy" in my very first post, other than to say neither myself, a decent "hard" player, nor my friend, a very, very good "hard" player can get past 15%. I didn't practice it before I started, which I obviously should have. I haven't failed anything up to this point, not even close, save for a hairy spot in Battery.

In any case, while I search my friends list for someone who can come over and give me a hand, a thought occured to me. And it's a question that I haven't seen answered in this thread, but I apologise if I missed it. Can I ADD a band member at this point? More to the point, can I CHANGE my instrument? I see that I'm given the option of "Changing Band Members", which when selected tells me: "Abandon Gig? You will lose 3,000 fans". I'm afraid to choose yes, because I don't know if it's going to abandon that particular song or the whole ESL2. If I select yes, I assume it will take me back to the character select screen, wherein I can then add a band member, or sign out of my guitar controller/XBL, plug in a mic, sign in on the Xbox controller, and be a vocalist. Will I go back to Visions then or back to the beginning of the ESL2? If so, I imagine I'd get the gold medal as a vocalist, assuming I stay on vocals through Painkiller? Can I switch back to bass after Visions to get the gold for stringed instruments?

This is also pertinent in another way: perhaps I could add a friend as a vocalist (easy-peasy on hard) and another friend on drums (he's a kick-ass drummer on hard) and have them drag me through the song on bass kicking and screaming with Overdrive saves.

Anyways, TL;DR version: can I change band members in the middle of the ESL2 without having to restart, and if so how does that interact with the medals I would be awarded?
Futility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #216
Mad World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futility View Post
Anyways, TL;DR version: can I change band members in the middle of the ESL2 without having to restart, and if so how does that interact with the medals I would be awarded?
Quitting ends the setlist. So if you quit and then re-join, you will be at Eye Of The Tiger, and will have wasted 6 hours.

So I hope you didn't quit in the past two hours.
Mad World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 AM   #217
TwistedFate

What Mad World said, but to elaborate.

Assuming you haven't quit out of frustration yet, you have 2 options. 1) Quit and play through on Medium or change instruments. 2) keep trying Visions over and over, pausing when you get tired/frustrated until you get it.

If you think it will take more than 6 hours to pass Visions you are better off quitting and trying again.

Some folks say the Guitar part for Visions is actually easier than Bass, but unfortunately the other songs are not that way.

As an older player myself, I don't recommend doing ES2 on Drums. I did it and got BoS at the same time, so when I don't recommend it, it's from my experiences not guesswork. If you don't have the endurance built up, it can be brutal on the joints.

IMHO, it is easier to do ES2 on vocals, but 6 hours on vocals is murder on the voice if you aren't a singer with some training on how to do it without straining it. If you can sing an hour or two and pause for a bit then come back later to do a bit more, repeating as necessary, you can get it done fairly easily.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 01-10-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #218
Futility

Yep, just what you two said. I got sick of trying last night so I tried to change instruments, progress lost, back at Eye of the Tiger.

Oh well. I know I'd never be able to bear Visions at that level, I'm simply not fast enough. I'll just have to settle for Vinyl on stringed instruments when I start again. J
Hopefully I can get Gold with vocals (I simply don't have the range to do Platinum, at least not six-plus hours with).

I was more laughing than frustrated at Visions; can't get too mad at a game. My friend and I just felt so pathetic that we could do everything else (afterwards I tried Painkiller and that Dream Theatre song on hard bass; 5* and 4* respectively, first try) but fail so miserably at Visions. I do wish I had gotten to keep my fans, money, and stars earned through 81/84 songs, but I guess there's no points for failure in this world.

One thing I hope Harmonix has heard (again not to bitch about Visions like everyone else) from the Visions issue is that we don't so much mind the genre of death metal; to each their own, and I have no problem with variety even though it isn't personally my thing. The issue is the dramatic scaling of difficulty between it and every other song on the setlist. Consistency, please, for RB3 =)

Thanks all. Off to working on Gold in Beatles. Only three more achievements.
Futility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #219
KaelBrawn

Chefscapades's Gamercard
Whoo!

Dude. I am so psyched right now just from reading from this thread... I have about 400+ stars in tour mode.. so it'll be a weekend or so until I do my first ES2 run with expert vocals. I'm going for all 4 Achievements on this one when I do.
Congrats to all who've done BoS and gone platinum so far.

Edit:
Did it from 2:30pm, February 26, 2010 to 8:45ish on expert vocals.
Not gonna lie; it's not an easy set of 4 achievements. I almost failed on two songs I'm not too familiar with the vocals on. Around song 52 of 84 I started feeling like I needed to use the bathroom... by song 66 I desperately needed to go... and you'll all either laugh at me or appreciate this... I had an empty gallon jug nearby and went while singing #69- Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas. :/ lol.
I would have a sip or two of water between songs to wet my palette.
Body functions aside... I ended the setlist singing Painkiller (of course) and afterwards breathed a gigantic sigh of relief that it was over. Totals were:
Gold Stars- 41 songs
5 Stars- 36 songs
4 Stars- 7 songs
Some of the 4 star songs were:
Alive- Pearl Jam
Spoonman- SoundGarden
Tangled Up in Blue- Bob Dylan
Uncontrollable Urge- Devo
I've 5-starred three of them at one time or another so I can't remember or keep track of them.
Good luck to anyone attempting ES2!

Last edited by KaelBrawn; 02-27-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Did it.
KaelBrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #220
LLC2003

LLC2003's Gamercard
Finally did my 'Bladder of Steel' last night after 9-months of putting it off. Due to me taking some leave from work I finally had some spare time and did it on Drums > Medium.

I usually play on Expert Drums but wanted to make it as easy as possible.

I cant believe how long it took and also how paranoid I was of the game freezing or just stopping for some reason. To make sure I didn't need to go to the bathroom I didnt drink or eat anything and just sat there and played.

I started at 3:43pm and finished at 9:59pm.

By the time I finished all of my body was aching - it is one tough achievement.

I nearly failed on the Painkiller aswell - so glad it's finally out the way and I have my full 1K.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #221
Flopsy86

flopsy86's Gamercard
Me and my girlfriend played the ES2 on Expert Guitar and Hard Bass respectively (she didn't fancy Panic Attack and Visions on Expert Bass). We were doing fine pretty much, we were intending to get Vinyl/Gold Artist achievements aswell as BoS.

Then we got to Visions....obviously we knew the song was going to cause hiccups but to fail the song literally after the last note on the Expert Guitar (after my Bassist failed out) takes the biscuit. Had we stayed in the song 2 seconds more, we would have passed the song

Something that didn't help was the fact that I had to play Expert Guitar charts at Hard difficulty scrolling speed. It made Visions look a mess along with other hard songs with sweeping solos. If I was aware of this, I would have played on Hard also.

I never liked Visions from the beginning, the song sounds god awful but now I hate it ever so more.

Flopsy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #222
kiwiMox

Send a message via MSN to kiwiMox Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiMox

kiwiMox's Gamercard
Sat down this morning to do my first endless setlist 2 run, wanted to get BOS out of the way so decided to play on guitar medium to make it easy. I decided to use my Xplorer controller because it's a wired guitar. All was going well until song 53 when all of a sudden the controller decided that it wanted strumming down!! I failed out in about 20 seconds from over strumming with the constant down strumming!!! F$%K!!!!! Couldn't believe it! Not sure when i'll have the time to do this again, but it is going to be a little while before i'm going to want to!! lol Couldn't believe it! That controller is going into the trash!!!

Xplorer
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #223
Preabo

Send a message via ICQ to Preabo Send a message via MSN to Preabo Send a message via Skype™ to Preabo

Preabo's Gamercard
Hi

I wanna make the ES2 tomorrow on Expert without pausing/failing.

Do you think I could make it? I can finish every song on Expert guitar every time, but I don't know how it would look like, after playing for so long...

Anyone who can say something about how their fingers felt after quite a time?

What's the difference between a bird and a fly? A bird can fly but a fly can't bird.
Preabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #224
Mad World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preabo View Post
Anyone who can say something about how their fingers felt after quite a time?
I've never done the ES2 on expert guitar, but I have played for extended periods of time, and my fingers usually get cold, and my arms a little sore. I would definitely play for a few hours tonight, non-stop, and then try your luck on the hardest songs. Visions is the typical wall for most guitarists and bassists aiming for the BOS, so especially watch out for that one, as well as your typical problematic songs, if you have any. Good luck.
Mad World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #225
Preabo

Send a message via ICQ to Preabo Send a message via MSN to Preabo Send a message via Skype™ to Preabo

Preabo's Gamercard
I tried the hardest songs in a row today and it was pretty okay.

Visions
Pain Killer
Master Exploder
Battery

I think if I use the overdrive at the right moment it should be no problem!
I'll post tomorrow if I made it or not.

What's the difference between a bird and a fly? A bird can fly but a fly can't bird.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #226
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preabo View Post
I tried the hardest songs in a row today and it was pretty okay.

Visions
Pain Killer
Master Exploder
Battery

I think if I use the overdrive at the right moment it should be no problem!
I'll post tomorrow if I made it or not.
Doing them in a row isn't the problem. Doing them after playing non-stop for 6 hours is.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #227
Preabo

Preabo's Gamercard
Fu** this shi* it's gone too far !

I made it until the 60th song and then my router crashed or some sh** and Xbox Live Connection was lost, I was signed out and back at the main menu.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**

Old 04-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #228
n64ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyDay View Post
I had an idea earlier that I was wondering about. I know you can go for the 100% a song on expert achievement as long as any noise is being made into the mic (e.g. a fan) for the Beastie Boys song, but I was wondering if you'd still be able to pass all other songs using this technique? (not worrying about stars or %, just pass/fail). If so you could leave your 360 on for the entire time with your mic next to a fan or something and let it sail through the setlist as a vocalist. Even if it only works on medium it'd get you the medium achievement plus the bathroom break one.

I might give it a go later if nobody posts on here to say they've already tried and failed using this method.
good idea...lemme know how it works out!
n64ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #229
Quake007

QuakeO07's Gamercard
I got BoS today on Medium Drums (I am not a crook...err, drummer). Just one more achievement on RB2, stupid drum beats. Anyway, about the Xbox Live connection thing, I played on Local Tour because I've been lagging for the past 3 days. I lost connection at around song 15 and was still playing, so Local Tour>Xbox Live Tour.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #230
SkinnyBin

SkinnyBin's Gamercard
Hello,

I tried this yesterday and couldnt beat visions, so Im gonna switch to bass. I wanna practise visions first though, but I cant find it in my track list? Any ideas y it isnt there?
Old 09-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #231
Turkey2242

xbootyswaqqq's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyBin View Post
Hello,

I tried this yesterday and couldnt beat visions, so Im gonna switch to bass. I wanna practise visions first though, but I cant find it in my track list? Any ideas y it isnt there?
You probably didnt unlock it yet?.... go all the way near the bottom it should be song #82/84

and visions is also pretty difficult on bass
Turkey2242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #232
SkinnyBin

SkinnyBin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey2242 View Post
You probably didnt unlock it yet?.... go all the way near the bottom it should be song #82/84

and visions is also pretty difficult on bass
ye cheers mate, I hadnt unlocked it. Went to Rio de Janeiro in world tour and played it there. Managed to pass it first go on bass , so gonna go for it again!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #233
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
I started going for BoS via Medium Vocals today (the idea of tam parts and no-play talky songs sounded great) - only got to #7 (Rebel Girl) and my voice hurt. Luckily I didn't use too much time and only have one class in the morning today, so I'll start again on Bass.

Last edited by CIF; 10-07-2010 at 06:21 PM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #234
Mostcub

I have a quick question.
My friend and I plan on playing the endless setlist 2 togeather via xbl.
My question: what does the BoS consider failing? Is it when a player fails or when both fail and the "song failed" shows up?
Thanks, mostcub
Mostcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 AM   #235
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostcub View Post
I have a quick question.
My friend and I plan on playing the endless setlist 2 togeather via xbl.
My question: what does the BoS consider failing? Is it when a player fails or when both fail and the "song failed" shows up?
Thanks, mostcub
I believe one can fail and still get it as long as you bring him back before the end of the song. However, as has been mentioned many times in this thread, do not attempt to do this over XBL. XBL is too unstable, and if it disconnects, your BoS attempt is over. Just remember everything that can go wrong playing solo is doubled with one friend, PLUS there is Live issues added to it so doing it with a friend over Live more than doubles the chances that you will have to do it again.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #236
Mostcub

Smile

Ok thanks, I already got BoS on drums but he didn't. I'll talk to him about it. Thanks for the help it was appreciaed
Mostcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #237
lignimvite

Send a message via Skype™ to lignimvite

lignimvite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Thanks, I'd add in though that I think it's a little over 6 hours to complete, if you have the game installed to your hard-drive.
lignimvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #238
Fireball6554

Send a message via MSN to Fireball6554

LeBrony James's Gamercard
I went to go play on Hard Guitar today and hopefully get BoS while I'm at it.

However, after song 23 my game just froze and I raged. I installed my game to my hard-drive and will hopefully go for it again tomorrow without any issues...

Fireball6554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #239
Zombie810

Zombie810's Gamercard
I HATE VISIONS!!!! lol only one i screw up on drums on expert
Zombie810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #240
RyanMpwnz

RyanMpwnz's Gamercard
so i was incredibly fortunate on getting the "Bladder of Steel" achievement...a few days ago, on my day off of work, i decided to finally go for it and finish off the achievements. i put it on medium (so if i needed to eat of use the bathroom i can pass the controller off to my girlfriend). i turned off my online activity and my notifications. i actually got through it first try but...my achievement didn't unlock. i raged..i mean RAGED..until i realized that the achievements count as notifications and just didn't show for me. but, i did get it. THANK GOD.

the funnier thing is...literally, NO EXAGGERATION AT ALL, my power cut off a little under 10 minutes after my achievement unlocked. there was a huge storm that came through and my power has been off for 3 days. it is just crazy that if i would have started the endless setlist 10 minutes later..i would have been short by a few songs and lost my progress on song 83/84. phew!

RyanMpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote