PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins > Awakening
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Z58LJ2e91018GXn

Cool Animated Dead bug workaround

During your quest to save Amaranthine, you may encounter an Animated Dead that won't die which may make it so that you cannot complete the quest and continue with the story. I re-loaded a previous save three times and it always happened. I also posted this on the Bioware forums.

Here's how I worked around it:

1. Saved after the darkspawn were killed around the first part of the merchant area.

2. Put my party on Hold here.

3. Moved on to the next battle in the merchant area and alley by myself.

4. Killed'em.

5. Ran up to the top of the steps and battled the darkspawn there. One of the glitched "Animated Dead" remained but I went on to the next mini-battle with the ogre and his minions. Continued on to the battle in front of the pub and forward down the steps toward the entrance gate for two more mini-battles.

6. After all the darkspawn were killed except for the bugged Animated Dead character, I got a quest marker on the commander at the bottom section where the last mini-battle took place.

7. Talked with the commander and he suggested holing up in the Chantry until the next day. Accepted the suggestion and was transported there and my party, which had been on hold the whole time, were transported inside the chantry too.

8. When you exit the Chantry, there's another mini-battle before you go into the pub. Don't stray too far towards where the Animated Dead character was because, surprise, he's still there! Your party will engage him again and you will get stuck again. So head into the pub as soon as possible.

Last edited by Z58LJ2e91018GXn; 05-10-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Z58LJ2e91018GXn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It is summoned by a darkspawn elite. I put my party on hold and charged the culprit. He managed to summon "it" but somehow it died moments later. My advice: listen to above post, I didn't know about the glitch till I played it last night. Luckily, I discovered placing the party on hold myself (after reloading and AOE spells proved useless) but never realized it was a common glitch.