PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Metro 2033
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #61
lilysintrigue

lilysintrigue's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
hmm I am not sure, but I don't think it will affect your playthrough if you load back to the chapter before though! Other's can confirm this, but I am fairly positive that it won't hurt your Enlightened achievement!

Don't Say what you feel if It Stink's of disorder
lilysintrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #62
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysintrigue View Post
lol, yeah I thought the same thing when I was researching, and figured out the way to do this achievement! Kind of weird, but kind of cool in that they are sort of giving insight to the way of life for the Russian people to gamer's if you think about it.
Spoiler for those who may not have gotten enlightened.

Except the people of the Soviet Union, or other communist nations for that matter, never got to experience true communism. Human greed and lust for power always led to a few(Or single man in the case of Kim Jong, Castro, Stalin, Tito) always taking power and abusing everyone else. I think that is what the game was hinting at. The "Reds" were the typical communist of old, but when someone truly followed the path, they evolved into higher being, ie, the "Dark One"s
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #63
l_henry117

That was very helpful,i got the achievement,thanks to lily for ur hard work.
l_henry117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #64
DeadOnArrival19

DeadOnArrival19's Gamercard
Thanks lily, pretty sure i have just unlocked it, tho my first attempt i could not knock the bloody thing off, gotta wait now my wife wants the tv so ill reload the last level again hope i can shoot the targeting system off. lol

Also got the troublesome explorer achievement so after tonight i should have the full 1000g in just 2 playthrough's too.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #65
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
great guide but i wouldve thought that only doing the majority of what is listed whould net the chievo
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #66
Kamikaze_89

I looted towns and I still got the achievement...I don't know this crap about not stealing from your fellow man and all but it didn't matter I still got it.
Kamikaze_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #67
Boo47

BOO47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor 95 View Post
great guide but i wouldve thought that only doing the majority of what is listed whould net the chievo
You don't have to do EVERYTHING on the list in order to get the achievement. I took every piece of ammo I found (except for the Military Grade rounds near the guy playing the guitar at Exhibition station), and killed every enemy soldier, didn't listen to the conversation at the beginning of Black station, and still got the achievement at the end even though the Dark Ones said "he will kill us all" while I was in the tower.
Boo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #68
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Just to clear a few things up, you don't have to do everything to earn this ending. This is just what myself and lily noted down while playing through the game. If you follow this guide the first time through the game you will earn several achievements not just the ending.

We didn't write it in intention to just the ending for everyone who wants to blast through the game and not enjoy it. Your second playtrhough should only be required to clear up achievements you have missed.

Some of the decisions we noted down within the guide are there because that's what we did. I did a few other things slightly differently and still earned the ending. We still looted soldiers, completed all the moral choices and found/triggered so many memory flashes while progressing through the game.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #69
CoolAsLife

CoolAsLife's Gamercard
Just to point out that you will NOT be able to get the night vision goggles or bullets (discovery point) at the beginning of Frontline if you are also going for the Invisible Man achievement at the same time. Would be impossible to sneak past the 2 guards to get it as it's in the wall cabinet right by the fire where both guards are standing. Pretty sure missing this one discovery point it doesn't effect Enlightened - dunno yet, still working through this guide....
CoolAsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #70
Boo47

BOO47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolAsLife View Post
Just to point out that you will NOT be able to get the night vision goggles or bullets (discovery point) at the beginning of Frontline if you are also going for the Invisible Man achievement at the same time. Would be impossible to sneak past the 2 guards to get it as it's in the wall cabinet right by the fire where both guards are standing. Pretty sure missing this one discovery point it doesn't effect Enlightened - dunno yet, still working through this guide....
You don't have to worry about the night vision goggles if you bought the Stealth Suit from Armory Station.
Boo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #71
kream jeanz

kream jeanz's Gamercard
First of all I appreciate the research for this achievement, especially when most of the information is still in its infancy. Based on your research, does the achievement really encompass that many choices, or does it register mathematically based on how many flashes you can receive/find throughout the game?
kream jeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #72
Katana

Lommemannen V2's Gamercard
Change the guide if it is possible!

This guide is very long to just earn ONE achievement.

There must be a way to short it down very much but still earn the achievement?

If it is possible to short down this guide, because it is very irrelevant and hard way to go if you must do every things and looks for every sign to confirm every thing and signs to earn just one achievement. Because this guide will require you to be hell of a carefully 100% of the time during an entire play trough if you fellow this guide.

I am asking for changes to this guide or an smaller version where we ONLY get necessary information to unlock this Enlightened achievement.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 AM   #73
gw2

Gw2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post

If it is possible to short down this guide, because it is very irrelevant and hard way to go if you must do every things and looks for every sign to confirm every thing and signs to earn just one achievement. Because this guide will require you to be hell of a carefully 100% of the time during an entire play trough if you fellow this guide.

I am asking for changes to this guide or an smaller version where we ONLY get necessary information to unlock this Enlightened achievement.
okay you play through 20 time slowly removing elements 1 by 1 and let us know what is and isnt necessary ok?
gw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 AM   #74
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post

The whole point of this guide is to complete several achievements in one go, if you screwed up your first playthrough because you didn't follow it that's not our fault. You should have looked around before hand rather than complaining.

As we have have said before, not every single thing is required, though this guide is for people who wants to get it right the first time. I still don't see the issue, you only have to really remember to do several things while playing though. Pick up certain things, talk to certain people, complete certain tasks and cause the flashes. Most of which you do without thinking about.

Anyhow, enjoy playing though the game to work this out, it took us 12 playthroughs over two accounts to compile this information. And yes, it could require 95% of this information for ONE!!! achievement. There are plenty of games which pose a challenge to earn so called simple achievements.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 04-28-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #75
jspike

jspike's Gamercard
thanks for the guide.. helped me immensely on my second play through. First time I missed this achievement
jspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #76
Chuckwagon00

Chuckwagon00's Gamercard
the guidelines you set forth worked like a charm! thanks for the hard work you put into creating them! much appreciated!
Chuckwagon00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #77
regent

Well, I didnt do many of the things listed on the guide, and still received the enlightened ending. I personally think it triggers after a certain amount of accumulated moral points, not doing or not doing any certain events.

I did not help any of the sick, beggers or guide boy.
I did take the ammo from the guitar player and comrade in riga.
I collected all found items from everyone i happened across.
I did not accept the ammo for rescueing the child.
I did find a heck of alot of dead soldier bodies.
I did play every musical instrument I came across.

The only achievements I did not receive on my first play through were some weapon related ones, the 500 ammo ones, and explorer. (I think not exploring black station messed that one up)

I think people are over thinking this achievement a bit, could it be simply collecting a certain amount of moral points not any one or few choices.
regent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #78
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by regent View Post
Well, I didnt do many of the things listed on the guide, and still received the enlightened ending. I personally think it triggers after a certain amount of accumulated moral points, not doing or not doing any certain events.

I did not help any of the sick, beggers or guide boy.
I did take the ammo from the guitar player and comrade in riga.
I collected all found items from everyone i happened across.
I did not accept the ammo for rescueing the child.
I did find a heck of alot of dead soldier bodies.
I did play every musical instrument I came across.

The only achievements I did not receive on my first play through were some weapon related ones, the 500 ammo ones, and explorer. (I think not exploring black station messed that one up)

I think people are over thinking this achievement a bit, could it be simply collecting a certain amount of moral points not any one or few choices.
That's pretty much what the guide tells you. The only reason it's so long is because it's a list of all the locations of all the screen flashes. The six things you listed probably don't make a whole lot of difference as you just need to find so many things.

I don't really understand why no one gets that this is a long list of locations. And as for achievement requirements, this isn't over the top at all. Now THIS is over the top for a single achievement.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #79
ShadowMKII

Shadow MK I's Gamercard
I didn't do most of / if any of the stuff on that in-depth list but I managed to get Enlightened. I was pretty adamant that I wasn't going to get it when I was almost at the top of the tower and the flash sequences started. The dark ones were saying that I was there to kill them and that they had to stop me etc.. Which was what I believed from what I've read was a sure bet you'd get the bad ending. But after I shot the dark one at the end I was still able to shoot the device off...

I haven't read everything in this topic but it kinda leads me to believe that you can just miss this by not having the common sense to shoot the guiding system off..
ShadowMKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:54 AM   #80
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Frontline
+ Save the Red Soldiers from the Fascists.

Depot
+ Killed the soldier to stop him from alerting the station.

Defense

+ Find the body with the cassette player, playing music.

Black Station
+ Eavesdrop on the two guards at the beginning of the level.
+ Eavesdrop on the two guards standing in the hallway.
+ Complete the level without killing any soldiers.
I missed those and got the Good ending. Everything was spot on Really good guide.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #81
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
was able to get this after my thried play through.... just find dead bodies scattered around the maps. I also agree with the endeing be BS. But i did see a lot of posters with three books on it. Not sure if this will be a 3 part game or not.
H0p3sfalL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:44 AM   #82
Braddy J

Braddy J's Gamercard
I followed the following guide:
http://au.faqs.ign.com/articles/107/1078933p1.html
on my first play through and unlocked it first attempt. Short, clear cut, precise. Highly recommended for anyone still having trouble with this Achievement.
Braddy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #83
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
worked like a charm. thank you sooooo much

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #84
Ultron18

Ultron 18's Gamercard
Quote:
There is no indication that you are going to receive the good ending other than at the end when your climbing the tower to the top. The Dark One will say "He understands us, He can help us" but besides that no.

You can loot from the soldier's you come across lying on the ground, but do not loot from innocent's or take money from soldier's you can pick pocket. Do not loot from peoples homes or cot's. Let me know if you need any further explanation, and I will try to help!
This is false he never said i could understand or or help us on my playthrough. Only talked about destroying me. at the end i just knocked the laser off and got enlightened and i didn't do half the stuff on these lists.

Maybe your all making this too complicated? Like I said i didn't do a thing to prepare for this on my playthrough and all they said at the end was destroy but knocking off the laser is all i did. maybe thats all you have to do.
Ultron18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #85
danderskoff

danderskoff's Gamercard
Unhappy how do you talk to the father in exibition

i found him but i cant get in the room?
danderskoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #86
MAX7IKA

MAX7IKA's Gamercard
At "BRIDGE" level (just before "MARKET") in first metro car You find three crates: two with goods and one with dolls. If You interact with a doll You get a flash - so I think that counts for alternative ending.
MAX7IKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #87
MAX7IKA

MAX7IKA's Gamercard
I do not know how it may be but... Your guide didn't help to get the Enlightened Achievement. That's how it was:
I played the game twice. For the first time I played it the way I wanted - without care for achievements, just play for fun. Than I read about all achievements and decided to achieve alternative ending. I started the game once again on easy (just to make it faster). I did everything (I mean everything) like You wrote in Your guide. Last level of the game and Dark Ones say "he's here to destroy us"... I thought WTF? I did everything like You wrote and that didn't work? Then I remember someone wrote to just shoot the laser for alternative ending. So I did it - I shot the laser, got the achievement and alternative ending.

However I wonder what did I miss bo doing so? Any different level of the game? Some different cut-scenes? Can someone explain please.
MAX7IKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #88
xthewhiterabbit

Apollo in Blue's Gamercard
thank you for that post. it was very well strung together and easy to understand. i also enjoyed the elaborate part of understanding how deep this achievement goes. im sure ill stick to this plan 100% when i decide to run through the game self-lessly. thanks again for the excellent post.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #89
xfrearsx

o GaGEHuNTeR o's Gamercard
Awesome guide, I didn't do everything in the guide and got the achievement. Didn't start a new game either, just loaded the game from exhibition and did the guide from there on. Also I did on occasions loot people that I knew after I weren't supposed to.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 AM   #90
HellCreeper666

HellCreeper666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thanx Lily, nice guide :-)
HellCreeper666 is offline   Reply With Quote