PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Matsukaze

i keep doing benefactor i have done it for about 15 years(in the game) and still have not got the horse does anyone know what im doing wrong
Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
CoyoteFranck

CoyoteFranck's Gamercard
I've done the same way during 30 years in game...
But I've finally got it just after having my "four guardians" promotion, and just before becoming totally mad because of this success.

Keep doing benefactions, conquer some land, and you should have it
CoyoteFranck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
DSC Verago 101

DSC Verago 101's Gamercard
What did you do to get 4 Guardians?
DSC Verago 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
RedBlinky

RedBlinky's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can't get the bastard to unlock either I've done 20+ years of benefaction there must be something else to it....
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
m4DD0gg

m4DD0gg's Gamercard
Regarding this achievement have you first got the horse from trading with the chinease? You need to unlock this first.

Also go to the shop and see how many horses you can sell. I had the same problem and had too many horses so i sold the crap ones at the shop and the very next turn the peasants gave me the horse.
m4DD0gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
drno

Send a message via MSN to drno

EatMoreHippo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Also be aware that drafting and emergency taxes will create much more negative rating then benefaction will add. I reccomend starting a new game if you still can't get it and, as others have said, sell some horses and conquer some land.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
Dark_Lord_White

Dark Lord White's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4DD0gg View Post
Also go to the shop and see how many horses you can sell. I had the same problem and had too many horses so i sold the crap ones at the shop and the very next turn the peasants gave me the horse.
this is what i needed to do to get the achievement
Dark_Lord_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
paxxxeku

paxxxeku GRT's Gamercard
I am having troubles too.i was playing with the Tokugawa clan,i m pretty sure never used taxes or drafts,had 23 fiefs,no horses and i ve used benefaction till the years ended to unify japan!more than 30 years using benefaction and nothing!people that have this achievement please especify a bit better or tell the clans you ve used. thanks to all users.
paxxxeku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
Drop 004

I got all 3 horses in the same game.

I did the Battle of Kawanakajima and played as Kenshin.

First i got Moon Child you need to do the policy Western Trade
Then i got Persian Mare with Chinese Trade

I then went though the game untill i was incontrol of all but the last 3 fief's, and just started to do inspection and the one that returns 20% of your soldiers to your population. Once i had access to benification i just kept doing a mix of all 3.

It took somwhere close to 15 years, previously i had used drafting etc during the gameplay.

O yeah defiently make sure you have less than 4 horses at all times
Drop 004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
paxxxeku

paxxxeku GRT's Gamercard
so,do you think you must have the two first,lets say ^special horses^in order to get the third one? cheers
Old 02-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
paxxxeku

paxxxeku GRT's Gamercard
sorry,forgot to say,i sold even the special horses when i used more that 30 years of benefaction. do you think that combining politics its the better??
Old 03-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
paxxxeku

paxxxeku GRT's Gamercard
please can anyone say if you have to keep the two first special horses.cause i am just missing the matsukase achievement to let the game at 1000...
Old 06-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
looneyfreeman

LooneyFreeman's Gamercard
Unhappy

i have been doing benafaction for god knows how long all i need is 1 more fief so i cant onquer any more land with out it ending i have moon child and the persian mare wtf am i meant to do
looneyfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #14
Captain Ashton

CommanderAshton's Gamercard
Make sure you have a free horse slot. If you have all 4 filled you won't get the mount. I made the same mistake with Moon Child. By the time I realised that i needed a free slot I had gained 150,000 gold from trade profits.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have the 2 other horses.1 fief left to take.I used benefaction every turn and I ran out of time to unify Japan and never once got Matsukaze.I've never taxed and not drafted that much either during my runthrough.I also have 2 free horse slots.So,I am thinking that there is another variable here somewhere cause by rights,I should have it.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #16
Ruq

Send a message via MSN to Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
I've found that these things help:

First off make sure you have the other Horses (Moonchild and...is there another one?)
Secondly have the free horse stable
Thirdly cultivate your land
fourth as traders come in, buy what they offer; and hold tournaments, tea ceremonies, etc. to up your culture
fifth use inspection and then benefaction/exemption

There is an option that allows you unlimited time to conquer Japan, although I forget how it is unlocked. Also, I think (for those having trouble) requesting rank will up your chances too.

Prefer PMs to XBL Messages, thanks.
Ruq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruq View Post
I've found that these things help:

First off make sure you have the other Horses (Moonchild and...is there another one?)
Secondly have the free horse stable
Thirdly cultivate your land
fourth as traders come in, buy what they offer; and hold tournaments, tea ceremonies, etc. to up your culture
fifth use inspection and then benefaction/exemption

There is an option that allows you unlimited time to conquer Japan, although I forget how it is unlocked. Also, I think (for those having trouble) requesting rank will up your chances too.
Thanks for the post.Gave me some hope that the forum isn't completely dead.I started a new game with unlimited time (granted to you after completing 1 scenario fully) and am currently in year 1622.Since I began,I have taken over 3/4 of all fiefs and not taxed once.I haven;t drafted a single soldier (which made taking over fiefs interesting).I've maxed harvest.My culture is high.I have both Persian Mare and Moon Child.I buy from the trader every time he pops up but still absolutely nothing.

I really wish I knew whether it was just random like the 4 guardians was (my 4th officer was never once bloody used yet he was a guardian???) or whether there are lot's of variables at play.I've noticed a lot of people that posted they couldn't get him,never did so it makes me concerned that they either gave up or it is somehow glitchy.

I do know,that after using benefaction over 350 times,that the method in the guides is either BS or as I said,totally random.Back to the grindstone I guess but I'm not hopeful I'll ever get him :/

Old 08-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #18
Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
Hmm, let's see. When I was about to get him, I remember something about my peasant's physically saying something like "Our ruler is truly the greatest man in all the land!"; said during the start of one of the strategy phases.

It's really silly but constantly check and see how many horses you have in your stall, I once had 4 and didn't know it so Matsukaze was not mine for quite a while. Have you also tried using exemption?

If you have gotten your peaple to say the aforementioned phrase, and you still don't have Matsukaze, then perhaps it is a glitch. Or perhaps, try buying some of the horses in the shop; maybe buying some and selling them will put some other horses into circulation.

I've found that a lot of these achievements are just about sheer patience and being able to abate the irritation. I tried the Osaka Campaign 3 times before I finally got that achievement.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #19
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Sadly I have had the peasant come up several times and say my leader was the greatest but not once did I ever get the horse.I thought of saving before he pops up to try reloading but its far too random to know if and when the peasant will even pop.I've done 2 more scenarios with varying things and still not got the horse.

Also,I have had 4 goes at Osaka campaign,using no less than 4 different "guides" for unlocking it and not once did that work either.Yukimura in Toyotomi clan.Defend 2 fiefs till 1615.Don't let Ieyasu take over more than 4 fiefs.Kept my officers at 2000 troops.The only thing I couldn't do was to get the enemy troops all over 5000.Without playing as Ieyasu,that is impossible to do.I read that the troop numbers don't count but to be honest,like Matsukaze,I think it's got random factors nobody actually knows.

I'm starting to think this game just hates me.I love the warriors games but to have this sitting incomplete when it's meant to be so easy is really depressing me

Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 AM   #20
Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
I know what you mean. I was thoroughly ticked about the Musashi Miyamoto Unlocked achievement in SW2/XL; s'why I wrote my guide for it.

For Osaka Campain, I first of all forgot to put Yukimura Sanada on the Toyotomi xD

My strategy for it was, to play as Ieyasu Tokugawa and use Hard March to immediately take control of the lands surrounding the Toyotomi clan so that they could neither attack nor be attacked (they once attacked some land, and I had to fend them away from it, and they lost Yukimura in the process. I hired him without even realizing it x.x).

Once you have all the immediate area surrounded, just conquer a clan each turn, you can keep your allies and try to Threaten them if you have it, otherwise break the alliance and thrash them. You could probably have the whole place down by 1605-07. From then on it's just a waiting game, and I recommend maintaining your alliance so you don't accidentally attack the Toyotomi. Once 1615 rolls around, annull the alliance and wait for the promopt.

As for Matsukaze, it does seem a little off. I mean, either I was lucky or something cuz I got him really easily (or her?). Must have been my third run-through at most, I was Nobunaga and had all but one land conquered and just played the waiting game and eventually got it.

You could also try clearing your cache. It's a long shot and desparate measure, but it really helps make things magically happen sometimes (yay Flaghunting!). OR You could also try NOT going for it, and trick the game with reverse psychology! ._.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #21
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Well,thanks to your last post,we have a little progress to report.I got the Osaka campaign done first time using your method.Seems that the troop numbers were the real deal sealer as it popped smack bang on 1615.Thanks loads for the advice on that one.

However,Matsukaze still eludes me after a further 2 hour session.I've had the peasant pop and say i am a great ruler and shortly after had my lord pop up and say how happy the people were but still no horsie.The only people that pop up between turns are the 2 traders (no tea ceremonies or sword masters this go).I take it the peasant pops up in this part of the game?

I'll keep going with it but it is so cruel that this is now my last achievement and I've no idea if or when I'll get it.I'd considered trying on another profile but if it unlocked on that,I would cry like a little girl.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #22
Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
Unfortunately my searches have come up dry.

Try doing it on another profile, see what happens; if it works then you know it should work for your profile as well. If you still cannot get it, perhaps it is a problem with the game disk itself, and maybe try to rent another game.

There's really not much I can think of aside from what I've given so far... >.<

Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #23
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

OMG I finally got the rascal.I can't say for sure if this sealed it,but I got the cutscene for four guardians whilst trying to raise my culture to see if that would help.I did a benefaction straight after that and straight after the usual thank you from the peasant,he gave me the horse and I wee weed.I am so damn relieved to have this done now.

Thanks again mate for your input and for inspiring some hope for me.Now,onto Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #24
Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
I still have to do the Dynasty Warrior's set xD

It seems like one of the posts above had the same result; obtaining Matsukaze after the four-guardians scene. I don't remember exactly how I got it, but maybe I just got lucky about it and never put two-and-two together.

Hopefully everyone reads this thread and tries it out.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruq View Post
I still have to do the Dynasty Warrior's set xD

It seems like one of the posts above had the same result; obtaining Matsukaze after the four-guardians scene. I don't remember exactly how I got it, but maybe I just got lucky about it and never put two-and-two together.

Hopefully everyone reads this thread and tries it out.
Yep.I'm hoping this thread will help any others that are struggling.I always try and explain how I eventually got something I was stuck on as it's another take on possible ways to get it.

Samurai Empires was my first proper stab at an Empires game.Been playing the warriors games since number Dynasty Warriors 2 on PS1! I love Warriors Orochi 2 but damn that is a real grind.Still got to get into DW6.Wasn't as keen on that one.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #26
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
OMG I finally got the rascal.I can't say for sure if this sealed it,but I got the cutscene for four guardians whilst trying to raise my culture to see if that would help.I did a benefaction straight after that and straight after the usual thank you from the peasant,he gave me the horse and I wee weed.I am so damn relieved to have this done now.

Thanks again mate for your input and for inspiring some hope for me.Now,onto Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires!
I did the same thing and got it. Everyone who cannot get it needs to try this method.

100% LEGIT. If you call bullshit, post a link to prove it.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote