PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Alien Hominid HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
End all Be all

End all Be all's Gamercard
Survivalist

Survivalist:
In order to gain this ahievemevt you need to play through any one of the three survival mini games for a minimum of twenty minutes.
your three choices are, Urban Challenge, Desert challenge or Area 51 Challenge. I found it easiest to do this on the Desert Challenge.

there are 3 enemies in this Challenge - Scorpions, Vultures and Tornados
dodge the scorpions by jumping over them/shooting them, when the vulture appears bombard it with gun shots and or grenades dodge his swooping attack by going underground (press down and Y) it will let out a scream before it attacks. dodge the tornado in the same manner. be careful not to stay under ground too long if your about to die your aliens face will turn blue
keep up this pattern until achievement unlocks

Notes:
1.You do not have to use only one life to gain this achievement you have 9 lives to do this.
2.you must complete a portion of the story in order to unlock these mini games
End all Be all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
Wocoom

This is by far the easiest achievement to get, cause there is a glitch. u can get both the 1000 kills in one game and the survivalist at the same time. all you do is select the URBAN CHALLENGE and then have two people play it. have one person die and then the other person just get in a car and back all the way to the left. nobody will shoot at you and u won't die as long as ur in the car. from there, u can either just leave for 20min and then come back or u can shoot the cars and the agents for the 1000 kills. simple as that.
Wocoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
End all Be all

End all Be all's Gamercard
thats cheating though LOL
End all Be all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
pooon

verbal street's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wocoom View Post
This is by far the easiest achievement to get, cause there is a glitch. u can get both the 1000 kills in one game and the survivalist at the same time. all you do is select the URBAN CHALLENGE and then have two people play it. have one person die and then the other person just get in a car and back all the way to the left. nobody will shoot at you and u won't die as long as ur in the car. from there, u can either just leave for 20min and then come back or u can shoot the cars and the agents for the 1000 kills. simple as that.
That was a snap, thanks

*Edit*
After doing this trick I hopped out of the car and started to play. I got onto a car on the far left and started firing at the guys coming in on the right. They would all die before showing up and the car below me still wasn't shooting from the glitch. I racked up an easy 1100 points then my thumb got tired. This put me at 90 on the global leader boards. Theoretically if someone had a third party controller with auto fire, they could go on forever.

...nice

Last edited by pooon; 03-01-2007 at 01:49 AM.
pooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
jqtaxpayer

John Q Taxpayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I did it on Urban Challenge... I thought it was pretty easy, considering I barely played this game before yesterday.

Just get in the car and the only thing that can attack you is the FBI Agents in THEIR car. Back all the way to the left and keep a charge shot going. When you see the FBI car, release the charge shot. Only takes one charge shot to take out the car. If they destroy your car, hop into the one next to you. Got it on my first try. Only got up to about 600 kills because I wasted my first few lives before I figured this out, but I ended up getting my 1000 kills in the main story mode.

Some of the achievements are pretty tricky in this game, though. Like the head chomp... you can't fire, but they assign the fire function to the same button as the chomp and if you're even a little bit off, you do a different attack. It's frustrating as hell. Good game though.
jqtaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
Funky Sack

Honey Stacks's Gamercard
im trying to find out an easy way to get headchomp. its pretty specific saying "cant touch ground or fire" so I wonder i was thinking if you landed on something other than the ground, like the roof of a short building or a car, that it would still count.

I'm not sure if I reached 50, but so far no luck.

"Are you high? Or just incredibly stupid?"

"I assure you, I am not high."
Funky Sack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
Kif

Send a message via AIM to Kif Send a message via MSN to Kif

FREE SHRUGS's Gamercard
For the life of me I can't get this glitch to work. The agency cars still come after me, and after a while my car always dies on me and I lose a life.
Kif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
pooon

verbal street's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kif View Post
For the life of me I can't get this glitch to work. The agency cars still come after me, and after a while my car always dies on me and I lose a life.
try hopping in a car and killing the driving agent with a charged up shot over and over again. You shouldn't have much difficulty reaching 20 minutes this way.
pooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
Funky Sack

Honey Stacks's Gamercard
they kept blowing up my car too. so what i did was just drive in almost the middle of the screen, just to where they drive past you and you can shoot them, and then if your car does blow up, the one behind you will drive up and you will land on that one and just get in it right away. rinse and repeat.

"Are you high? Or just incredibly stupid?"

"I assure you, I am not high."
Funky Sack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
X VAE VICTUS X
Banned User

X VAE VICTUS X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Good Tip! Thanks a ton.
X VAE VICTUS X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
L Demonic I

Send a message via AIM to L Demonic I

L Demonic I's Gamercard
seems quite easy
L Demonic I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
SN4K3E4T3R

SN4K3E4T3R's Gamercard
Got it in my first try! I just drove on the left side of the screen and kept charging my Lazer, when FBI jumped on car's right side of the screen I shot them down. Just kept looking at the left bottom corner to look for fbi cars, as soon as he popped up i shot my lazer. Survived the last 5 minutes with 1 life, got lucky few times while jumping on other cars.

Add me on Trueachievements.com
SN4K3E4T3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
eskEMO

Send a message via AIM to eskEMO Send a message via MSN to eskEMO Send a message via Yahoo to eskEMO Send a message via Skype™ to eskEMO

THEeskEMO's Gamercard
The Urban level is definitely, definitely the easiest for this.

Staying on the left with your gun constantly charged makes it super easy. I moved up just a LITTLE bit so there was a car front barely visible behind me so if I did get blown up, it would be right there to jump into. Didn't die once.
60k GS - 05/14/11 ----------- 70k GS - 06/14/11
80k GS - 07/10/11 ----------- 90k GS - 07/15/11
100k GS - 08/03/11
eskEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #14
withoutlove124
Banned User

withoutlove124's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
IF U CANT GET GLITCH TO WORK LOOK HERE
you have to be OUT of the car when player 2 loses his last life, THEN get into car and go to left,
hope this helps
withoutlove124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #15
xtreme2252

Send a message via AIM to xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to xtreme2252

Xtreme2252's Gamercard
i chose the car one. didn't need the glitch. just did it on easy, got in a car, and killed the cars that would come by. Also, you can take out many of the higher enemies with charged shots, so you can get both achievements at once
xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote