PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Incredible Hulk
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
A 1FingerSalute

A note about Game Freeze in Master of Disaster

Hi,

Today, I was going for the Master of Disaster achievement (Destroy every building in a New York City neighborhood) when the game froze on me. This was extremely irritating since you only have one chance to destroy a ton of buildings with no save function.

I thought it was a fluke, so I did it again. It froze again. (pretty much at the same place about half way through the neighborhood.)

I did all the normal stuff to see if on a 3rd time, it would do it again. After rebooting, clearing cache files, etc., sure enough it did it again.

I have 3 XBox units. The one this happened on was my Elite, running through HDMI at 1080P.

So, I got up, grabbed my memory stick, and went to my kid's machine which is a 2nd Gen console, running component over 720P.

It worked with no problem.

This is a note to anyone running 1080P through HDMI that this game (I believe it was published @ 720 native, but I could be wrong) seems to have a cache problem or overload during this particular achievement/mission. Since there is a tremendous amount of graphic files being dumped during this event (you have to bring down a LOT of buildings, and they are very graphic intensive) it appears that my Elite over HDMI at 1080P couldn't handle it, whereas the lower end system over component @ 720 could.

I also noticed that it froze during the rumbling controller event of crashing buildings, I then turned this off on the controller, but it still happened. Moreover, I did install the game to the HD, and it still happened again.

So, just a head's up to anyone who might experience this like I did. It was no biggy, just a bit frustrating, so you might have to grab your profile/game save on your memory card, and head over to a friend's house to grab this achievement. Once this cheev is done, there really is no other part of the game that will put this intense graphic demand on you, and you can head back to your 1080P big screen and finish up.

Hope this helps.
A 1FingerSalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:22 AM   #2
Body Hauler

Well it might just be the Elite's since I'm running componet at 720p and the same thing happened to me.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
Old_Chili360

char and rah's Gamercard
You don't have to do all the buildings at once. The game tracks your stats, even if all the buildings respawn, so just smash a line or two of buildings, save and quit (or save at the subway, depending on where you are in the game), then go back and smash the next line or two of buildings. Keep doing that and you'll get it eventually, without any of that freezing crap. That's how I did it, anyway.
Old_Chili360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
xMac73

xMac73's Gamercard
I tried getting the 'Master of Diaster' achievement about 5-6 times --- froze every time --- sometimes as soon as 40% and once above 84%. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Like everyone, I was doing this in the 'Spanish Harlem' section.

Well, last night, I grit my teeth and tried it again... only this time I GOT IT...
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!!

So, what did I do differently this time from my other attempts???
Well, after destroying a few buildings, I would go to the nearest subway and travel (there's one at the bottom right of the neighborhood and there's one a bit north at the top right of the neighborhood.) I went into the subway, popped out at a different location, then just popped right back in the subway and returned to 'Spanish Harlem', continued destroying buildings (a couple at a time), and then went back to the subway... over and over again. I noticed every time you enter the subway there is a "loading" message, and every time you exit the subway there is a "saving" message. Perhaps that helps lessen the memory load.

I don't know why, but it worked. Going into the subway was the only thing I did differently. Maybe it'll work for someone else having the same problem.

Good luck!

My Currect Achievement Streak: #1 in the World
xMac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Redemption Mode

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Game Freezing

When I was going for the canisters, the game (when there was just too much action on the screen) would freeze. So as a precaution, after 10 canister pickups, I Save and Quit the game. At one time, I had 56 Gamma and 51 Fury canisters picked up, but the game froze (back to 33 and 29) and I had to re-locate them again...
Old 05-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
trickit1997

Patrick Hewitt's Gamercard
i'm missing two fury and 1 health canisters ! grr
trickit1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
Bing Err

Bing Err's Gamercard
Crashing?? Not me.

I feel very lucky to not have any of the problems with this achievement that everyone else has. Tried once for the achievement, and got it without a single crash. However, I did immediately load the game to the harddrive, as I do with any game I start now to decrease the chance of the game freezing or crashing.

BTW: I am using an Elite with HDMI, to those of you who think its the HD thats causing the problem.
Bing Err is offline   Reply With Quote