PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Tom Clancy's EndWar
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
friedmad
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 261

cribbet's Gamercard
Anyone else finding this game insanely difficult?

I stumbled thru the first couple of missions in the pre-amble campaign not really knowing what the frack i was doing, then got my butt handed to me in the 4th(?) mission?

the audio command interface is kinda cool but it doesnt cover every command, like ordering units to occupy buildings, to take cover, etc.

im on the easiest difficulty and still gettin my guys blown to hell. any advice? i'm about to go postal on the game disc
friedmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
PG_MaxPayne
 
PG_MaxPayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 397

MaxPayne2004's Gamercard
Just understand the combat triangle and know what units have advantages over the other. Play through the Prelude to War a couple times and get used to everything before you go full fledged into WW3.
PG_MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Blue Radium
 
Blue Radium's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stanwood, Washington
Posts: 1,716

Blue Radium's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG_MaxPayne View Post
Just understand the combat triangle and know what units have advantages over the other. Play through the Prelude to War a couple times and get used to everything before you go full fledged into WW3.
The problem with these achievements are that Hardcore is insane, and the online achievements take far too much boosting. Hardcore offers psychic enemies, all ranked higher, more upgraded, with seemingly higher CP replenish ratios than you have. Online requires an insane level of boosting, as some of the achievements would be extremely hard to unlock without boosting, while others, as far as I can tell, would literally be impossible. If you can legitimately win 5 times in a row while playing online, never taking a single point of damage over any of those 5 wins, more power to you.
__________________


Blue Radium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
New Venari
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 200

New Venari's Gamercard
Assuming your friend is on the other side, just have him evacuate all units 5 times in a row.

Otherwise....I hope you're up against some noob. You'll never get it.
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:56 AM   #5
ObjectjveTruth
 
ObjectjveTruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9

ObjectjveTruth's Gamercard
I'm also having an insanely hard time with the hardcode mode and I can all my games on the hardest difficulty.

I have found that I can beat the computer no problem until around turn 16ish.
By that time he has so many upgrades that it takes 2 tanks to kill 1 of their transports.

The best way to win I find is always start with 1 transport, 1 tank, 1 infrantry. and deploy one infantry when you start (to capture the nearest node)

Put the initial infantry in the transport and go straight for the middle node.

Computer always sends in a gunship with the infantry and it will die quickly to your transport. Then you will normally see a transport coming, use the tank that you brought to kill it. This will kill his initial wave and you can then move towards his spawn and kill the enemies one by one (best case), worst case, you can usually kill alot of units and mainly keep them busy while you use a combination of transported infantry and deep strike to capture the nodes while they fight your foward attack force.

Hope that helps!
ObjectjveTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
Jatan Detrevni
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: normal, il
Posts: 56

Jatan Detrevni's Gamercard
yes very tough, i am awesome at C&C games, & most other stg ones, but maybe its the whole controller thing, if i had a mouse id prob dominate
Jatan Detrevni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
New Venari
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 200

New Venari's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatan Detrevni View Post
but maybe its the whole controller thing, if i had a mouse id prob dominate
This game should've come on the dreamcast then...I used the mouse on that to dominate Quake!
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
superink
 
superink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 157

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmad View Post
I stumbled thru the first couple of missions in the pre-amble campaign not really knowing what the frack i was doing, then got my butt handed to me in the 4th(?) mission?

the audio command interface is kinda cool but it doesnt cover every command, like ordering units to occupy buildings, to take cover, etc.

im on the easiest difficulty and still gettin my guys blown to hell. any advice? i'm about to go postal on the game disc
This game has definitely the 10/10 difficulty compared to other ones, so you're required to be more patient, smarter in case you're willing to get full 1220 points. maximize your skill and communicate with your friends so all of you can level up very soon.

yes i was so inspired by the voice-control too, it makes me feel like i am the real commander that gives orders to my fellow soldiers. some times I had to sacrifice them, I felt the pain, but victories were on my side. some times I lost but I learned the better tactics, I was satisfied. it will makes you focus on this game for a long time so you will have your wallet full of money soon lol.
superink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #9
Extreme Washing Machine
 
Extreme Washing Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 330

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Im gonna give up if i cant get ready for theater of war..
__________________
This signature is not changing until Liverpool win the premier league started 30/1/11

Gears of War 2 boosting - FR me!
Extreme Washing Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:03 AM   #10
ilego
 
ilego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Benson
Posts: 7

Masterbuilder's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by superink View Post
This game has definitely the 10/10 difficulty compared to other ones, so you're required to be more patient, smarter in case you're willing to get full 1220 points. maximize your skill and communicate with your friends so all of you can level up very soon.

yes i was so inspired by the voice-control too, it makes me feel like i am the real commander that gives orders to my fellow soldiers. some times I had to sacrifice them, I felt the pain, but victories were on my side. some times I lost but I learned the better tactics, I was satisfied. it will makes you focus on this game for a long time so you will have your wallet full of money soon lol.
I totally agree
ilego is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 AM.