PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Armored Core 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
Bondfan626

Bond x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This or chromehounds?

I can't decide which one to get, ill be picking either one up along with mass effect when i get the chance.
Bondfan626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I would not get either of them get something else or saveup the money. Don't just buy a game because it is cheap. Get one that you realy want.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It depends on what you like more. Chromehounds is squad based tactical mech action. Armored Core 4 is more of an arcade style, shoot from the hip, action game. Also to keep in mind since this is an achievement site, Chromehouds is pretty much impossible to get 1000 in while AC4 is only extremely difficult. I liked Chromehounds more because of multiplayer and squad play. AC4 can also get frustrating because of how fast the game goes, you need godly reflexes and coordination to get S Rank on a bunch of missions. Chromehounds missions are always doable with proper planning and coordination between squadmates. Chromehounds mech design is also much simpler and doesn't use so many acronyms. Both games have great graphics. Sadly I would advise against getting these games, especially new because there are probably better games available. You can get these dirt cheap online.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #4
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Go Chromehounds all the way.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
Exiled Assassin

ExiIed Assassin's Gamercard
I love games which mechs I can customize, I love chromehounds....but Sometimes its just to Slow...lol. I also really enjoyed the fast paced action armored core has.

On a side note it would awsome if the next armoredcore game had a online like chromehounds squads now that would be SOOO much fun
Exiled Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
DreadfulCorpse

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
This is way better than Chromehounds.
DreadfulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
DreadfulCorpse

I'm getting it soon.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:23 AM   #8
jamie122

iv never played chromehounds but love the armored core series. most people i know that have played this game either love it or hate it so rent/borrow it to find out for yourself
jamie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:35 AM   #9
DreadfulCorpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie122 View Post
iv never played chromehounds but love the armored core series. most people i know that have played this game either love it or hate it so rent/borrow it to find out for yourself
I played the demo and it was crap as hell.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
yagerman1974

i would have to say that chromehounds is a lot better than the armored core series. the "hounds" are alomst 100% costomizable and the squad play is off the hook. if your a fan of the pc mech warrior series then you will too.
yagerman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
Pipotchi

Pipotchi's Gamercard
I would say this as it a bit more fast paced and easy to get into
Pipotchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
Pipotchi

Pipotchi's Gamercard
By 'this' I mean AC4 obviously
Pipotchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #13
Split_skull1

Send a message via Yahoo to Split_skull1

Split Skull1's Gamercard
Dont get either i have both an they are the worst games ever made.
hears what you do if you do have em tho put them on the nearest table an use them as cup coasters.
Split_skull1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
Renson

Send a message via MSN to Renson

Renson's Gamercard
Wow, I realized after I posted this message that this was several years ago when this was first posted, wow, shows how inactive these forums are. Well, to anyone else thinking of getting Armored Core 4 or Chromehounds:

If you're going to get one, I recommend Chromehounds, no offense to Armored Core 4, but it's storyline is one of the WORST I've ever played. They just drop you in level one with now reason why you're working with who you are, who you are working with are, and who the hell you are. Unless you have played the other Armored Core's, you're going to be just as lost as me.

Multiplayer wize, I have yet to see anyone playing online in Armored Core but like mentioned above, Chromehounds has these "Squads". It's basically like Halo 2 Clans but WAY more in depth, like customizing the symbol of the squad, having organized matches, etc. and, people still play Chromehounds to the extent of my knowledge.

I got Armored Core 4 yesterday, within the first hour, I was ready to go back to gamestop and get a refund. So, in the end, go with Chromehounds or nothing.

Renson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:34 AM   #15
ironpunisher200

ironpunisher200's Gamercard
To everyone trying to make the decision between Chromehounds and Armored Core 4, take Chromehounds. AC4 is a terrible game, not even worth the 10 bucks to get it used. None of the missions are any fun, and the tech pack simulators are even worse.
ironpunisher200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
With Chromehounds going down, which I actually found pretty addicting online, will I like Armored Core? I was a huge fan of the original on Playstation years ago, is it similar or different? Also I heard 4 is much better than the other one, true or false?

Deathr0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathr0t View Post
With Chromehounds going down, which I actually found pretty addicting online, will I like Armored Core? I was a huge fan of the original on Playstation years ago, is it similar or different? Also I heard 4 is much better than the other one, true or false?
It's a completely different game from Chromehounds. I hated Chromehounds because it was WAY too slow for me. I almost died about how slow some of the mechs moved, just couldn't get into the game.

I started playing the armored core series back in the day, AC2 was the first I played. I remember cutting class in high school to play it with some buddies...(that's another story though...haha)

Anyway, I loved all the entries into the AC series (Nexus disappointed me a bit...) but this one is a LOT harder. Or maybe with age I've gotten worse at shooters...anyway, I still loved it. I think if you liked AC in the past you will enjoy this one as well. Especially since it's only 5 or 10 bucks if you get it online. Rent it from GameFly and see how you like it, if you're not sure.
Worhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #18
Drunken Swede

Drunken Swede's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split_skull1 View Post
Dont get either i have both an they are the worst games ever made.
hears what you do if you do have em tho put them on the nearest table an use them as cup coasters.
I wouldn't go this far. If you're looking for a cheap game that offers a rewarding experience compared to the price tag, then snag Armored Core IV. It'll keep you busy for a little while with minimal dedication required. Especially if you're an achievement hunter.
Drunken Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #19
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Armored core games are great. Really fast paced mech action with a shit ton of customization i haven't played the other game

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote