PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Zoids Assault
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Mission 10

I've tried this a good two dozen times with different strategies I've found on Gamefaqs, but I just can not do it. Anyone remember what level they were at? All my Zoids are 13 and I just seem way too weak, but since there is no good way to level up without actually finishing a mission, I'm kind of stuck here.

If anyone remembers their setup it would be appreciated. I'm mostly trying to put my healer up top with one wolf, then the other three down low. The issue is that one group gets overwhelmed either by sheer numbers (6 on 2 up top) or no healing (6 on 3 down low).

EDIT: I ended up getting this, but it took a while. I had to level up once by killing as many enemies as possible until it looked like the mission was lost and using the Withdraw campaign. I also got a few data discs doing this which helped. My final strategy was 1-5 up top with 2-3-4 down low. I sent 2 up top to defend that satellite and just stayed home with 1-5. With 3-4 on the bottom, I moved forward and took out two enemies, then backed up to my satellite and let everything come to me from then on. Little bit of luck keeping my health up and not having any enemies dash right for the satellite and I eventually got it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 09-27-2009 at 02:54 AM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
EDIT: I ended up getting this, but it took a while. I had to level up once by killing as many enemies as possible until it looked like the mission was lost and using the Withdraw campaign. I also got a few data discs doing this which helped. My final strategy was 1-5 up top with 2-3-4 down low. I sent 2 up top to defend that satellite and just stayed home with 1-5. With 3-4 on the bottom, I moved forward and took out two enemies, then backed up to my satellite and let everything come to me from then on. Little bit of luck keeping my health up and not having any enemies dash right for the satellite and I eventually got it.
I know you eventually beat this, but I cleared it pretty easily using the approach below. Might help someone at some point

Up top:
Mace-1, Hornet-200 (range 1-4 machine gun), heavy armor, Assault+, Guard, Simple Repair, Steal, and Commander, level 13
Mace-4, M1 Gorg 12 (range 1-7 sniper), heavy armor, Snipe, Balancer+, Steal, Shock Absorb, level 12

On bottom:
Mace-2, Hornet-200, heavy armor, Assault+, Dodge, Steal, Dash, level 12
Mace-3, M1 Gorg 12, heavy armor, Assault+, Guard+, Steal, level 12
Mace-5, Hornet-200 L, heavy armor, Assault, Repair+, First Aid, level 12.

I actually lost Mace-4 in the first wave, but Mace-1 was parked directly in front of the upper satellite and the two remaining enemy zoids stayed in a straight line and didn't attempt to flank. I healed every turn and counter-fired, and brought Mace-2 up to help when the next wave came in (after killing all of the southern starting enemies). Once the last wave of enemy reinforcements came in, Mace-1 and Mace-2 worked their way down south, making sure they stayed north of all enemies.

Meanwhile down south I stalled, healing and counter-firing, and using the EMP when I could hit at least 4 targets with my sniper. The problem there is that the enemy has two level 14 engineers. I ended up sacrificing Mace-2 to kill one of them, and trapped the other next to the southern satellite. It had a range 4-5 cannon, so it couldn't shoot anything, and couldn't heal the remaining enemies, so I then killed the rest pretty easily with my sniper while Mace-1 went around collecting yellow crates. I killed the last engineer as soon as I had all the crates, and mission was over.

As soon as any engineer shows up I treat them as a priority target, but in this case there were two and they kept healing each other which was annoying.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 11-28-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
toooitwo

Toooi's Gamercard
Creech's strategy is fantastic. It worked for me on my first try.
toooitwo is offline   Reply With Quote