PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
spriteright

poorflavaflave's Gamercard
gears or war achievement glitch

not by choice i was over a friends house playin gears of war 2 horde local game its pop all the achievements i didnt even want it i got his level 100,level 50 all these horde achievements he told me now ms will think i cheated i told him ms could kiss my ass i didnt do anything wrong

i would like this thread deleted just for the simple fact i didnt ask for anyone's opinion i was just going to let the community know of a glitch if you dont want to hear about it then dont reply pretty sure i said i dont care about achievements

Last edited by spriteright; 07-07-2010 at 03:41 AM. Reason: people cant read and are lame
Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
Billy69
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Billy69

FaT4LiiTy's Gamercard
Yes you could get gamerscore reset and probally will now
Thanks 4 Posting
Old 07-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
Panda

Send a message via Skype™ to Panda

Arctica Flames's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriteright View Post
not buy choice i was over a friends house playin gears of war 2 horde local game its pop all the achievements i didnt even want it i got his level 100,level 50 all these horde achievements he told me now ms will think i chected i told him ms could kiss my ass i didnt do anything wrong
It is against the rules to do this but I'm sure if this is the only time this has happened, it'll do you no harm. If worst came to the worst, you could explain in full what happened to MS and give your friend's tag, I've never been in this situation so I don't know for sure but, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy69 View Post
Yes you could get gamerscore reset and probally will now
Thanks 4 Posting
Why be an asshat rather than actually help the community you're a part of?

Panda360x - Retired Gamertag at 133761G.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I love how all of these stories begin with "I was at a friend's house..."

Congratulations...achievement unlocked...profile glitch...all gamerscore back to 0.

Ranked #1 in Utah, 1'st to 100,200,300k in Utah
235 retail complete, 26 arcade complete
Gsl season 7 champion!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
Insanemaniak

This happened twice with me. I even posted on EPIC forums about it because I didn't know about the glitch and wondered if me and my brother could be reset.

Answer is as long as you don't glitch achievements on games which requires an exploit (I don't think doing a local horde game counts as an exploit) it doesn't matter. There is a bug in the games coding that causes this and it is EPIC's fault for the glitch. You didn't mod or do anything which you would cause the achievements to pop (eg. Signing out and Signing in on a loading screen to cause the achievements to unlock on the second account.) so the blame lays entirely with EPIC.

I did it once on both my brothers and mates account. Me and my brother played a game of split-screen local horde and it unlocked around 600 gs on his account. All the Horde achievements on Dark Corners, Snow Blind and the Rank achievements except 100.

The second time was during a Double XP event when I was at my mates. She wanted to idle while I did Wave 1 on Security (to reap the XP rewards) and the Rank 50 popped for her (She already had the previous Ranks).

The only side-effect I've had since is that I've been reset (Rank wise) 5 times. I think the glitch corrupted the XP in my Gamertag and once I reach around 60 (I was at 60 when the glitch first happened) I get reset to 0 again but I can't be sure on it.

Me, my brother and friend haven't been reset (gamerscore wise) but all have been reset Rank-wise and have had all our achievement progress wiped.

I hope nothing like this happens to you and don't listen to the imbecile who posted that bullshit about being reset; as I said before I even posted on the EPIC forums when it happened and I haven't been reset. Just carry on playing and enjoy the game.

Last edited by Insanemaniak; 07-05-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
Ryuzaki47

That's whats called an 'SPG' (Second profile glitch) you are screwed. Theres nothing you can do to reverse it once you've been online, if you haven't taken it online, delete your profile and recover it again. Otherwise, Epic watches over people's rank increase very closely, and you will come up on their radar like a elephant in a public restroom.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #7
Billy69
Banned User

FaT4LiiTy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post

Why be an asshat rather than actually help the community you're a part of?
Im not trying to be a dick he glitched and probably did it on purpose just like Rogue said all of these stories start with I was over my friends house.. their all fake unless they have some proof theres nothing we can do unless report another cheater to Creech
Old 07-05-2010, 01:46 AM   #8
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Bright Idea
Imbecile?

I know several people who have been gamerscore reset because of profile glitching.

While it doesn't happen instantly it will eventually happen. When your not to busy not having a clue about how things work take a moment to check out the xbl terms of service or the xbox live enforcement team podcast.

Gsl season 7 champion!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:51 AM   #9
Billy69
Banned User

FaT4LiiTy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRogue 5x View Post
Imbecile?
Wait umm Rogue which of us are you talking to?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #10
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

insanemaniak

Sorry should have made that clear.

Gsl season 7 champion!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #11
Insanemaniak

He's referring to me and I was calling the second poster an imbecile as when I started to reply it was before you even posted but now looking at your posts, you fit in that category also.

And I have checked it out. I know my stuff before I post. You judge the minority by the majority and that really isn't the way to go about things.

Some people glitch to unlock achievements and for others a glitch happens that causes them to unlock achievements. The horde achievement glitch is a two-sided coin and judging the OP because he said he was at a friends house isn't the way to go.

I accidentally glitched them twice but I'm sure you think I did it purposely both times. I don't care if some people in your list got reset, they must have done more than just Gears to have been reset. It has been over a year since the achievements glitched over to my friend and brothers accounts and I doubt it takes that long to get reset.

There's two cases of SPG.

First is doing the method I included in my above post with the signing in and out of accounts (though I believe it is patched now and is something that violates the T&C's of Xbox Live and MS.)

The second is through Horde which depending on the situation, doesn't violate any rule since the glitch can happen accidentally and isn't the fault of the player it happens to (if it is an accident).

If MS reset everyone with achievements that have glitched in some way I'm sure around 60 percent if not more of the people in these forums would have been reset at some point.

I fell through the floor in Darksiders while riding my horse and got an achievement for riding 500 miles.
Did I mean to do this? No.
Should I be reset for it? Again, no.

Logic applies when it comes to resetting accounts. Glitches do happen and they always will, sometimes it isn't the fault of the player that they happen and if they cause achievements to unlock, unless the player actually did it purposely then I don't see that they should be reset for a glitch in the game.

I don't know if the OP did it purposely or accidentally. I am going by my own experience and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think you should at least consider it.

Last edited by Insanemaniak; 07-05-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #12
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Sometimes it takes much longer.

One of the guys profile glitched gears one and didn't get reset until 3 years after he did it.

Gsl season 7 champion!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:54 AM   #13
THE NICK1987

Send a message via MSN to THE NICK1987

THE NICK1987's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Sometimes it takes much longer.

One of the guys profile glitched gears one and didn't get reset until 3 years after he did it.
Rogue, I've just gotta point out one little thing...

Does it really matter?? the OP (the person in question about if he will or will not get reset) has 3k gamerscore....will the XBL enforcement team even bother??

Just seems like a hell of alot of fuss over nothing really! he's not going to be ruining your position on the world leaderboards just yet

1000+ 157 - latest - Darkness 2
200+ 97 - latest - Bejeweled Blitz Live
updated 11th July 12'
Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #14
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

I could care less what he does.

Just trying to tell the person arguing with me that he could and in all likely hood at one point be reset.

Since his score is so low he might do well to start a new card before putting any more work into it.

Either way, i'm done trying to talk sense into people.

Also, cheating is cheating no matter how "small" it may be. No concessions can be made.

Gsl season 7 champion!

Last edited by xRogue 5x; 07-05-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:01 AM   #15
spriteright

i am out cause i dont care as stated in the first post i came here to not make a topic just a statement

Last edited by spriteright; 07-07-2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: people are still not reading
Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #16
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Platinum   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriteright View Post
this is y i am going to ps3 i mean look how lame some people are y dont u ops as u like calling urselves make a fake account play a local game of horde with split scren see what happens u guys glictch and do all this crap boosting and god knows what else but who cares u think ms care they will let u keep renewing ur account then a month in say u r a cheater and let u have a profile with 10 mths of membership with cheater in ur tag ps3 is catching up to xbox people r getting tired of ms and their crappy rrod xbox and just cause people play with friends they actually know not lames that post on forums like u achievement experts dont mean they r cheats i am out
Care to put any punctuation marks? If your GS is that low then why not just make a new account? Couldn't take more than a day or so to get back to where you were.

Last edited by tigersrule; 07-05-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:41 AM   #17
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Perhaps type in a manner that people can read and understand exactly what you just typed.

No matter what your excuse it still doesn't change the fact that you have achievements on your tag that you didn't earn.

For example lets say I walk into your room and surprise you while you are masturbating and at that moment you ejaculate onto me. Even if it was an accident it still doesn't change the fact that you came on me and now we'll have to fight.

Okay wacky examples aside.

Gsl season 7 champion!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #18
tigersrule
Community & Events Team

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Platinum   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   Staff - Community and Events Team   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrogue 5x View Post
for example lets say i walk into your room and surprise you while you are masturbating and at that moment you ejaculate onto me. Even if it was an accident it still doesn't change the fact that you came on me and now we'll have to fight.
hahahahaha what the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #19
Falcon McSquare

Falcon McSquare's Gamercard
Quote:

For example lets say I walk into your room and surprise you while you are masturbating and at that moment you ejaculate onto me. Even if it was an accident it still doesn't change the fact that you came on me and now we'll have to fight.
Um... Okay... *Sidles towards nearest exit*

One of the proud BF:BC2 converts from MW2.
I realised MW2's MP was atrocious, grew up and started playing a real shooter. :3
Old 07-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #20
ChewyTheJuggalo

hi im chewy's Gamercard
Quote:
That's going in the sig.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #21
JakeGHellBlazer

JakeGHellBlazer's Gamercard
Back on topic,
I posted about this yesterday, I have an account in the 50's and have done all horde achievements legit, I started a new account and the second I got into a local match (I was playing a one-on-one against a friend, not horde AT MY HOUSE) the achievements for the "reach level * and complete waves1-*" unlocked and the achievements for ranks up to 50 unlocked.
I didn't mean to glitch but have since tried on a few new accounts and the same thing happens everytime.
This is a serious issue as it looks like cheating but it is not the fault of the player...

100% Retail:
Assassins Creed II - CoD 4 : MW - CoD : MW2 - Batman AA - Dead Space - Terminator Salvation - CSI: HE - CSI: DE - WWE 2010 - WWE 2009 - Silent Hill HC - Bully SE - LOST - Fight Night 3 - TMNT - Spiderman WOS - SAW - Condemned: CO -
Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #22
tarekegypt

tarekegypt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Member of the Month   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Also, cheating is cheating no matter how "small" it may be. No concessions can be made.
Well said, that is the summary
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #23
skatermike21988

R2K SpitFire's Gamercard
Same thing happened with me and my bro, I had him over to help me out with some of my horde cheevos and they unlocked all for him once we started the game. He doesn't play online so it's no big deal but it happens and as far as I know they won't reset you because of a glitch like that. It's a glitch in the code that not a lot of people kow about until it happens to them.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #24
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Deffo happens by accident. There is no way I would *gift* my friend gamerscore. I was happy to overtake him in 3 months of having an xbox and it caused a little competition to erupt between us. I then played Gears split on his xbox, trying to convince him it was a great game... alas, he then sneaked my lvl 15 achievement off me. Not too big a deal as he is now level 30 or so himself. At the time though, it would look like he cheated.

And no, cheating is not simply cheating, no excuses. You can't accuse someone of cheating for breaking rules that A) aren't clearly defined and B) have not been explained.

Cheating is the intentional deception to gain an advantage over an opponent.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #25
M85A21
Banned User

Oldedog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I laughed so hard at Daves example.
But yeah man, all these stories start the same "My friend was playing my account right...?" etc.

If he's actually being serious and it was just an accident, it's the first I have heard lol.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #26
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by M85A21 View Post
I laughed so hard at Daves example.
But yeah man, all these stories start the same "My friend was playing my account right...?" etc.

If he's actually being serious and it was just an accident, it's the first I have heard lol.
Don't be such a cumudgeon, of course it can occur by accident. Sure, some nefarious people will take advantage of the glitch, but there are some who will get this glitch by mere happenstance.

Join Now!

**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
Track n Field
Dark Souls

Quote:
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #27
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
I think you might be taking a hard line. You clearly don't believe the OP. Let's say that you do believe him. Did he cheat? Well, here is a definition of cheat: An act of deception or fraud. I don't think that applies, he just happened upon a "glitch" which didn't require him to operate the game/console in any way which was not intended. Give the guy a break, don't throw him under the bus, and try to take him at his word. If anything, his "friend" knew what was going to happen, and just let it happen.

EDIT: I take everything I just wrote back, I didn't read to the bottom of this thread. This guy is clearly an idiot, I'm surprised with his typing skills he is even able to turn on the Xbox. Maybe he can understand this:

u r rly dum, i hope ms dels ur tag

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P

Last edited by mchannon37; 07-06-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:30 AM   #28
spriteright

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchannon37 View Post
I think you might be taking a hard line. You clearly don't believe the OP. Let's say that you do believe him. Did he cheat? Well, here is a definition of cheat: An act of deception or fraud. I don't think that applies, he just happened upon a "glitch" which didn't require him to operate the game/console in any way which was not intended. Give the guy a break, don't throw him under the bus, and try to take him at his word. If anything, his "friend" knew what was going to happen, and just let it happen.

EDIT: I take everything I just wrote back, I didn't read to the bottom of this thread. This guy is clearly an idiot, I'm surprised with his typing skills he is even able to turn on the Xbox. Maybe he can understand this:

u r rly dum, i hope ms dels ur tag
i laugh that you have no life i got a business and i get paid more money than you make in a year. why would i care about a lame like you or these achievements i write in short hand because i could care less what people think and for the record i reported your gamer tag to Microsoft the Holloways are friends of mine and only a lame like you would name himself after that murderer, go back to playing xbox for achievements i hope a one day you can have a real job making real money that makes you stop being lame is that English enough for you haha
Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 AM   #29
M85A21
Banned User

Oldedog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wortsenawl View Post
Don't be such a cumudgeon, of course it can occur by accident. Sure, some nefarious people will take advantage of the glitch, but there are some who will get this glitch by mere happenstance.
Whatever a cumudgeon is, I am not one, nor have I heard that word..Ever.

I have heard it on other games, yes. But never on Gears 2. Ever.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #30
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Spriteright - you make my eyes bleed with your lack of punctuation. An occasional full stop (period) would not go amiss.

To M85A21 - This glitch happened to me by accident, rather, my mate got a couple of achievement he was not at the correct level for. There you go, now you have heard of it happening.

Join Now!

**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
Track n Field
Dark Souls

Quote:
Closed Thread