Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What happened to this game?

Seriously, I just got this game expecting Far Cry in Africa. Instead what I get is a generic shooter in a world pretending to be open-ended (like ODST did, but even worse.)

Whats the special niche in this game? The first one you're infected with some kind of concoction that gives you feral abilities like following the enemies smell, super speed, and the deadly lunge attack. This game you suffer from Malaria... Is that supposed to be an improvement?

The first game gave you military humvees, four-wheelers, and hang-gliders. Most of the vehicles I've seen in Far Cry 2 so far have been crappy ass civilian vehicles.

The First game gave you the ability to lay prone, set traps on the trees, crawl on your back beneath the shacks, and put you in a beautiful Island setting. Far Cry 2 you're in a war-stricken wasteland where everything looks like crap and you lost most of the features from the first game.

Plus the missions require you to cross over 2 hours of terrain with nothing fun in-between and navigation just sucks in the game.

Seriously, what did Crytek actually think would make this game better than it's predecessor?
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
oitz il sc0opez

v CoMpLiCaTiOnZ's Gamercard
It's a confusing game, It's like going through Vietnam during the war. Just look up guides for everything, take buses, boost the online and you'll be done in no time. And be patient.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
Caldabolg

Caldabolg's Gamercard
yeah thats what im thinking. this game isnt even a fraction of what the earlier games where. i played the first couple games and had a great time using the powers and military stuff. this game however is horrible! i mean how can you be in the development team and even think that this game even stands beside the others? there is hardly any similarities in the game, it seems like they wanted to start a new "more real" series of games and are using the Farcry name to just get people who played the originals to buy it. i think an appropraite name would be: "Driving endlessly in africa while guys in jeeps chase you"
Caldabolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Mr Rivuz

Mr Rivuz's Gamercard
Crytek had nothing to do with this game. They sold the rights of fc serie to Ubisoft, and focused on Crysis.
Mr Rivuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Blah 2k

Send a message via AIM to Blah 2k Send a message via Yahoo to Blah 2k

Cyanide Chaotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
My thoughts almost exactly... It's why I have not even touched the game.

If you happen to be an avid Nazi Zombies fan or Call of Duty multi-player addict,
feel free to add me on Xbox Live, i'm always down for a game (when i'm on-line).
Just send me a message along with the request telling me where you saw
my gamertag, and what you'd like to play.

Peace!

Blah 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
You know, I read all the reviews for FC2 and it put me off playing it. I bought the Warchest Limited Edition when it came out for 50, and was gutted it was dubbed as such a terrible game. I decided to endure it this week, and sat down and made a start, one of my friends was pushing to boost the online achievements, which motivated me to play, and I can honestly say I don't understand where you guys are coming from?? I love this game, yes it has it's faults, but I am almost done in the North region now, and am loving it to bits. Sure it's not Far Cry 1, but it is a good effort. Ubisoft did a great job, the only bad things I can find is the Warlord achievement takes the biscuit for biggest grind ever lol.

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
L0Straniero91

L0Straniero91's Gamercard
I never played FC1 but I can say that FC2 is THE BEST SHOOTER EVER! I don't like the "hallway levels" of Modern Warfare 2 or the "jump-syndrome" of Halo games. FC2 wins for me...
L0Straniero91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
SF GRAND MASTER

mandzukic l9l's Gamercard
nah this game realy let me down compared to fc1 on pc
SF GRAND MASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:09 AM   #9
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
I like how the multiplayer is somewhat similar to Call of Duty so anyone can jump in and enjoy but waiting for rooms to fill up kills the mood to play the game any further.

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #10
tgas416

tgas416's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee717 View Post
I like how the multiplayer is somewhat similar to Call of Duty so anyone can jump in and enjoy but waiting for rooms to fill up kills the mood to play the game any further.
i hate the multilayer in this game the matchmaking is terrible and i also find that it's really not balanced at all the higher rank players are a lot stronger then everyone it just pissed me off. and the story was alright.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #11
Corrupt.
Super Big Time Fun

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
Its not that bad, I have no problems anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #12
Led

asix demon baga's Gamercard
I couldn't stand the first FC. This game has its faults,but I loved it. Haven't tried the MP yet. You just can't rush this game like most. If it was anything like FC1, I wouldn't touch it.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #13
Kzan

kzan's Gamercard
Any budy nows Boiling Point on PC ,FC2 remember me on it.

My English is Bad i now.
Kzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
Pormogo

underworld toad's Gamercard
I love the map editor, and the game has AMAZING lighting effects, probably the best I've seen since Crysis.

Thanks to N3xus Gam3r!
Pormogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #15
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
This game was B.O.R.I.N.G. Very pretty, nice fire physics, but so incredibly bland. All the extra missions are basically the same boring thing as the story missions. Having to go to a save point each time to save your game (the game prompts you to save after each mission, but I learned, the hard way, it's better to not save your game at those moments) is annoying. The "malaria" gimmick is just that: a gimmick; no real impact on the game at all other than giving you some pointless missions to get more meds. The plethora of bugs and glitches that too numerous to call out were no where near as unforgiving as the bland, boring, gouge-out-my-eyeballs gameplay (this includes the game-breaking bug that corrupts all save files associated with this game after completing 50% of the game if you save at an HQ location). If the game had been a good time, I'd have probably gone back and started it again after the bug was patched. Oh... and what about the enemy checkpoints where the enemies respawn after driving 15 feet away... This is a prime example of why we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #16
Onyx_a87

Onyx Jaguar's Gamercard
This game to me fulfilled the promise of the first Far Cry. Far Cry 1 on the PC was just a linear shooter on a jungle setting. This one was a true open world experience. And a great environment to explore.
Onyx_a87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #17
TheRoarinator

TheRoarinator's Gamercard
I think the game's pretty good, but I haven't played the first one. So it's good, if you don't compare it to the other.
TheRoarinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #18
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgas416 View Post
i hate the multilayer in this game the matchmaking is terrible and i also find that it's really not balanced at all the higher rank players are a lot stronger then everyone it just pissed me off. and the story was alright.
Exactly! Even if it has good things in the multiplayer, the players with ranks 20-30 ruined it. I mean, a whole AK-47 clip to kill someone. Really? In this time the other player can kill you two times...
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #19
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I thought it was amazing. I guess i didnt play it looking at it as An older far cry game.
I knew it was diffrent. I suggest looking into games before you buy them.
I use to buy alot of games without looking into them and would find myself dissapointed. its good to know what your getting and not just buy it because it has a cool front cover and is a sequal to a good game.

The multiplayer was pretty good, not too addicting but i enjoyed it, The map creator was amazing just a shame you cant play your map with random players. As for the single player although them cool ability's would be nice, I think its ok how it is. The stealth is broken but i guess it makes it realistic... And the enemy outposts all over the place with long tavels i guess also sucks, But i still think the game is pretty good... For me its an 8/10... I always seem to enjoy the games other people hate
Old 12-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #20
MrTanelorn

Send a message via Skype™ to MrTanelorn

MrTanelorn's Gamercard
Tactics

I did most single player acheivements on this one as soon as I got it but I just rushed through it.

After I was done I was ready to throw the whole game out my backdoor cuz all the time wasting traveling on it made me pretty friggin sick of it.

But....

I picked it up later, stuck it on harder difficulty + no aim assist
and then thought back to when I played jagged alliance 1 + 2 and applied jungle warfare tactics to the game.

Made it much more interesting for me to be honest. Actually had to use my brain for once and react faster or die.

BRIDGE BURNER Acheievement

singleplayer, 3 dead npc
RUN RUN RUN

[x] Done
MrTanelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
matdan1212

matdan1212's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTanelorn View Post
I did most single player acheivements on this one as soon as I got it but I just rushed through it.

After I was done I was ready to throw the whole game out my backdoor cuz all the time wasting traveling on it made me pretty friggin sick of it.

But....

I picked it up later, stuck it on harder difficulty + no aim assist
and then thought back to when I played jagged alliance 1 + 2 and applied jungle warfare tactics to the game.

Made it much more interesting for me to be honest. Actually had to use my brain for once and react faster or die.
I would have completed this on hardcore however the cell towers glitched out and my car kept blowing up and some invisible mortar men messed me up a lot of the time.
matdan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
Drake Montag

Drake Montag's Gamercard
I feel that they focused more on the sandbox world and not enough on the actual mechanics of this game. I'm just trying to rush through it and boost the multiplayer achievements
Drake Montag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
Moeeed

Moeeed's Gamercard
I got this game free and I have to say Boosting ONLINE is a waste of LIFE. This game is fkn terrible. I would advise anyone who is looking to boost to go and do some volunteer work.

Looking to Finish off Several Games:

MvsC3

Moeeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #24
123abc

ShotByRevolver's Gamercard
am i the only one who absolutly loved this game and thought it was better than the first?
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #25
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
I really like Farcry 1 WAY better!!
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abc View Post
am i the only one who absolutly loved this game and thought it was better than the first?
There must be somebody else. Finding a third one to share that opinion will be hard, though.

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #27
rc deaths agent

rc deaths agent's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0Straniero91 View Post
I never played FC1 but I can say that FC2 is THE BEST SHOOTER EVER! I don't like the "hallway levels" of Modern Warfare 2 or the "jump-syndrome" of Halo games. FC2 wins for me...
Same here....this game is for men only, boys need not apply lol.
rc deaths agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #28
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
This is what every Far Cry 2 disc should look like:

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
Bn86

bnplews's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
This is what every Far Cry 2 disc should look like
Haha, TriRock that is epic and so true!

I never played the first Far Cry, but this one was so annoying, It was the first game I played on my xbox, as it came with the console when I got it off ebay... This game annoyed me within an hour, I was constantly fed up of the endless driving to each mission and along the way being attacked by everyone you saw along the way, the solution, left the game alone and used the box as a door wedge. 2 years later I stupidly decide to re visit the game as I was bored. Sat down and bashed out the campaign and did the grinding for the stupid diamonds in about a couple of day. The multiplayer is better than the main game, but its difficult to get more than 4 people, and when you do get a full 16 player one, people quit out so you cant get the 16 player achievement! Just trying to get the last few achievements then burn the disc!
Bn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #30
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
One reason I got my 360, was to play Far Cry 1. I thought it'd be like the PC version and it was, sort of. But FC2 was tons better than FC1, in my book. A completely different local than most games and it's a keeper to me.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote