PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Top Spin 2
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This game is so hard! >:[

Hey guys, I'm just looking for a bit of advice.

I'm near the start of my 2nd season. I have 60 bronze stars, and 10 silver stars all on speed.

I'm just been invited to the Billionaires birthday thing.
I'm rank 55, and they are rank 53, and it's freaking impossible.

In 10 attempts, I've won 1 game, on my serve.

I've got all Hard difficulty achievements on Top Spin 3 no problem, but this is just impossible.
No matter what I do, I can't win.

Is there a sprint button? Because that was so helpful in TS3.

Any advice/help would be appreciated! I really wanna get this 1k'd.
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
dillon
 
dillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 881

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I would restart, on my first season I won all minors and a few majors and got to rank 50 in the world. I only got about 40 Bronze stars all together, and you don't need to do the Billionares thing.


On my second season I won everything besides the first Slam. I also got to rank 1. At the end of season 2 I had 600 career points. Only did training during slam qualifications. Also got my 40 gold/silver stars from Slams/Masters.


Won everything on 3rd season.

Simmed 4th and 5th.
__________________

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon



dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
I would restart, on my first season I won all minors and a few majors and got to rank 50 in the world. I only got about 40 Bronze stars all together, and you don't need to do the Billionares thing.


On my second season I won everything besides the first Slam. I also got to rank 1. At the end of season 2 I had 600 career points. Only did training during slam qualifications. Also got my 40 gold/silver stars from Slams/Masters.


Won everything on 3rd season.

Simmed 4th and 5th.
Thanks for the quick response.
Is there any chance you could list exactly what to do in season 1 or 2.

e.g. 1st season - all minors, 2 majors and train rest, etc?

It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch man.
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
dillon
 
dillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 881

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
1st- All minors, when I was ranked high enough I won the rest of the majors. Trained during everything else. 79 Career points

2nd- All minors/majors/masters/slams. Trained during 4 slam qualifications.
~550 Career Points

3rd- All minors/majors/masters/slams. Trained during 4 slam qualifications.
420 Career Points

4th- Simmed ~50 Points

5th- Simmed ~50 Points
__________________

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon



dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
1st- All minors, when I was ranked high enough I won the rest of the majors. Trained during everything else. 79 Career points

2nd- All minors/majors/masters/slams. Trained during 4 slam qualifications.
~550 Career Points

3rd- All minors/majors/masters/slams. Trained during 4 slam qualifications.
420 Career Points

4th- Simmed ~50 Points

5th- Simmed ~50 Points
Thank you so much for another speedy response!

Last 2 questions.
One: You say you trained during the Slam qualifications. Do you not need to play in them yourself to play the actual Slams?

Two: If by the end of the 3rd season I have over 1000 Career Points in total, can I safely sim season 4 and 5? I won't lose any points, will I?

Thanks a bunch man, it really is appreciated!

EDIT: Could you also say what stats you recommend, and where to allocate silver/gold stars quite early in the game?
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements

Last edited by Kamakazi Pear; 06-27-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
dillon
 
dillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 881

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi Pear View Post
Thank you so much for another speedy response!

Last 2 questions.
One: You say you trained during the Slam qualifications. Do you not need to play in them yourself to play the actual Slams?

Two: If by the end of the 3rd season I have over 1000 Career Points in total, can I safely sim season 4 and 5? I won't lose any points, will I?

Thanks a bunch man, it really is appreciated!

If your ranked pretty high up, then it will say that because of your rank you are automatically qualified for slams or something like that.

So the qualifications are greyed out, so you can't even play them.

And yes, you can sim if you have 1k career points, you can NEVER lose them.


This is estimate


  • Stamina: 2 Stars
  • Reflexes: 1 Star
  • Focus: 1 Star
  • Service: 1 Star
  • Speed: 5 Stars Try and get to 5 stars then leave it
  • Forehand: Maximum Stars Focus on this
  • Backhand: 1 Star
  • Volley: 0 Stars
  • Power: 8 Stars Focus on this
  • Precision: Maximum Stars Focus on this
  • Spins: 0 Stars
__________________

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon




Last edited by dillon; 06-27-2010 at 09:22 PM.
dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
If your ranked pretty high up, then it will say that because of your rank you are automatically qualified for slams or something like that.

So the qualifications are greyed out, so you can't even play them.

And yes, you can sim if you have 1k career points, you can NEVER lose them.
Sorry, I only just edited my post before you posted, where should I allocate silver/gold stars early on in the career?

Thanks for all your help mate.
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
dillon
 
dillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 881

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi Pear View Post
Sorry, I only just edited my post before you posted, where should I allocate silver/gold stars early on in the career?

Thanks for all your help mate.



I edited it in.
__________________

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon



dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
I edited it in.
Thanks for all your time and help. I will try it now and see how it goes.

Take care man, thanks for everything.

Also, if you check this thread again, any idea whether I can play a few games in a match, sim the rest of the match and get the same amount of career points at the end of the season doing this?

Btw, I've checked your tag before, and I must say, you freaking power through games. Mad skills. xD
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements

Last edited by Kamakazi Pear; 06-27-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
dillon
 
dillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 881

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi Pear View Post
Thanks for all your time and help. I will try it now and see how it goes.

Take care man, thanks for everything.

Also, if you check this thread again, any idea whether I can play a few games in a match, sim the rest of the match and get the same amount of career points at the end of the season doing this?

Btw, I've checked your tag before, and I must say, you freaking power through games. Mad skills. xD

Yes you can do that, during the masters and slams if I was playing people ranked 20-40 I went up 1-0 then simmed and about 75% of the time I would win the match 3-0 3-1.


Also, your using a female right?
__________________

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon



dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
Yes you can do that, during the masters and slams if I was playing people ranked 20-40 I went up 1-0 then simmed and about 75% of the time I would win the match 3-0 3-1.


Also, your using a female right?
Yep, I'm using a female. (:
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
FFS. Fucking beat my rival in a Masters match easily.
2 weeks later, I play her in the Millionaire match, and she fucking owns me, even with her awful stats?!?!?!

I hate this god damn game. It's really hard, you can't return most of their shots because there's no sprint button...
And I don't want to restart my damn career again... I need these gold stars. Ffs.
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #13
Kamakazi Pear
 
Kamakazi Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Hey GODZ, if you read this...

On my third season, it said Career Points Earned: 652.

Is that the amount I've earned just on the 3rd season, or over the 3 seasons I've played so far?

Because that's a ridiculous amount for 1 season.

EDIT: Nvm. Realised it's my overall amount. Weird, next season I ended on 1033, only winning minors/majors.
__________________

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.



360voice | trueachievements

Last edited by Kamakazi Pear; 07-04-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #14
Damian227
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 496

The Real DB's Gamercard
Just letting you know, you don't need to win the Millionaires game... infact I think it IS impossible. I haven't found anybody who won and I was no different... yet I own every other player in the game in every type of tournament.

I was pulling my hair out too, beating my rival 3-0, 3-0 every time... but got destroyed in the millionaires game. Just take the loss and dominate the rest bro.
__________________
And dumbest post on the internet goes to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichXbox360 View Post
UFC = real fighting? What the actual fuck? UFC is even more "fake" than WWE has ever been and ever will be.
Damian227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:15 AM.