PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 2K10
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
Pedle Zelnip

Holy Hell is this game terrible.

Wow. Just wow. For years I've felt like I was the only person who'd stick up for the 2K NHL games over EA's outings. But this year, even though I don't particularly like NHL 10 (at least not from the demo), and even though I've traditionally liked 2K's outings more, I gotta say that EA wins hands down this year.

Holy crap is this one ever a horrible game.

Not only is it the worst hockey game I've played on the 360. Not only is it the worst hockey game I've played ever. It might very well be the worst sports game I've ever played, and even gets consideration for one of the worst I've ever played period. Jumper was a better game than this garbage.

Aside from the fact the game aspects are poor (players skate like they're in mud unless you mess with sliders, and then it still doesn't feel right), and aside from the fact the AI is wacky (I regularly see my teammates running into each other), and aside from the fact the AI regularly cheats (how is it when I have a fast forward skating forward at full speed with the turbo held down a defenseman skating backwards can actually move faster?), and aside from the fact that it's stupidly hard to score, even when you mess with sliders (I've had one timers from the likes of Iginla, Crosby, etc in the slot against noname goaltenders and the goalie's made the save), the really stunningly bad part of the game is all the bugs. My personal favourite is when you see a player disappear on the faceoff circle, and instead get drawn on the boards. I've seen pucks slowly glide down the ice and go through the boards out of play.

This game is a joke. Even for achievements I'd say this is one to avoid.

Edit: newest bug/glitch I've seen: when doing a team-up game even though the teams may be different the announcer will say it's the Detroit Red Wings vs the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Honestly I've seen a new bug/issue with the game every day I've played it.

Edit #2: today's glitch: I was playing a quick game with 2 controllers between the Pens & Wings. I scored as the Wings with my main controller, then picked "pull goalie" for the pens as I'm trying to grind out the 896 goals. So then the faceoff at center ice comes up, and there's 6 pens on the ice -- PLUS FLEURY IN NET. I then score anyways, and next faceoff same deal, 6 skaters + the goalie. So I go back into coaching to tell the goalie to go back into the net and the game freezes on me. So much so I had to turn my 360 off and on again.

God I hate this game.

Edit #3: almost forgot this one: if you're already 2 men short and the goalie plays the puck in the "no goalie zone" the play will be stopped dead but no additional penalty enforced. This is unlike any other penalty where the infacting player will be assessed a penalty and sent to the box (though the team will still have 3 players on the ice on the next faceoff, as it should be).

Last edited by Pedle Zelnip; 09-22-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
Sektion EiGhT

no the game isnt the greatest but as far as the 6 skaters thing with the pens it did actually happen in the finals last year uncalled for 22 seconds so its acurate description of their cheatin payoff the ref to win ways
Sektion EiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Muhnamana

Muhnamana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah I rented this game last night and wow it is horrible. What's up with the music playing during a game? No commentary?

Muhnamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
dizzymagic

dizzymagic's Gamercard
there is commentary! Its not a bad game. Quite enjoying it actually lol
dizzymagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
TravZug

Presentation is better than NHL10, stadiums, ice textures, glass and boards. The one thing i like is the supr-star dekes, seems like each skater has his signature move (malkin, ovechkin, datsyuk, heatley, ect). It's definitly not worth 34.99USD used, i'm taking it back after i get at least 100 gamer points.
TravZug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Shaduky

shaduky's Gamercard
I wish you could take the best parts of this game and the best of EA's and make one damn good game.
Shaduky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
GiantBallofOil

GiantBallOfOil's Gamercard
I think this game is great. Perfect, no, but it is much better than the EA all online achievement garbage. Since it appears they are not making an NHL 2k11 I will keep this game as my permanent hockey game.
Retail 100% - Alpha Protocol, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Deadly Premonition, Divinity 2, Dungeon Siege III, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Homefront, Lego Indiana Jones, Lost: Via Domus, Madden 11, Modern Warfare 2, NBA Jam, NHL 07, NHL 2K10, Red Dead Redemption, TC: Splinter Cell Conviction, Two Worlds II.
Arcade 100% - 8 total games
GiantBallofOil is offline   Reply With Quote