PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? Game Time
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Turbo controller not worth it

So I looked into buying a mad catz turbo/auto-fire controller to tape down the A button so i would'nt have to mash it repeatedly for forever to finish the 6000 correct answers achievement. My advice? Totally not worth it. I tested mashing the A button for ONE hour and got over 400 correct answers in battle of wits vs cpu. Considering I only need 4000 more answers to finish it thats only 10 hours of masing. I watched Avatar with my wife while mashing away and caught up on Family Guy and now only need 1400 more answers. I'm mashing it while typing this one handed. Just an fyi to those of you thinking about that option. If you already have one go for it but if not its not worth the hastle of getting one.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
McDucque

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
I'm mashing it while typing this one handed.
quote of the century. But yeah, if you're patient and have something entertaining close by, you don't need a turbo controller.
McDucque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
TheRealBr1ghtShadow

Br1ghtShadow's Gamercard
Damn man. THAT TAKES DETERMINATION! I cant do this for more than a few minutes. Im impressed dude. But i guess I can try. Time to bring out Lord of the Rings!!!!
Interested in boosting? Message me on XBL - Br1ghtShadow
TheRealBr1ghtShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
ianke_2002

PhonySpoon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i just wanted to state that the method laid out in the guide does not work. I am talking about the method for people WITHOUT turbo controllers (tapin g the A button down) because the A button needs to "come up" and be pressed dopwn again...it cant just be held down....
Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
mikemc

mcfly800's Gamercard
thanks for the help on this achievement...this will help out a lot...i was thinking about getting a mad catz as well, but now i'll just do it this way and not worry about the hassle of getting another controller...thanks again!

"People will be more persuaded by the depth of your convictions than the height of your logic."
mikemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #6
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianke_2002 View Post
i just wanted to state that the method laid out in the guide does not work. I am talking about the method for people WITHOUT turbo controllers (tapin g the A button down) because the A button needs to "come up" and be pressed dopwn again...it cant just be held down....
The guide specifically says TURBO CONTROLLER METHOD. It does not work with a regular controller as u stated.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
worldsenemy

iiworldsenemyii's Gamercard
tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
The guide specifically says TURBO CONTROLLER METHOD. It does not work with a regular controller as u stated.
This is a cut and paste of the achievement guide "Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

It says if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of tape on.
This doesn't work.
worldsenemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsenemy View Post
This is a cut and paste of the achievement guide "Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

It says if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of tape on.
This doesn't work.
You totally added words to what it really says:

Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well.

the words "or if you dont have a turbo controller" do not exist.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
You totally added words to what it really says:

Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well.

the words "or if you dont have a turbo controller" do not exist.
Worldsenemy didn't added words to it. I beleive Worldsenemy was looking here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...me-time/guide/

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

but if you look here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=186420

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well."

Both Achievements guides saying something a little different.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #10
anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXeus View Post
Worldsenemy didn't added words to it. I beleive Worldsenemy was looking here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...me-time/guide/

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

but if you look here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=186420

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well."

Both Achievements guides saying something a little different.
That is so weird i def didnt put the or if you dont have a turbo section
Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #11
MasterXeus

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
That is so weird i def didnt put the or if you dont have a turbo section
No problem, I'm just happy I looked at this thread and both Achievements guides. Noramlly I just look at the 1st link for the achievements guides. I ususally don't go into the forums to look at them.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote