PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? Game Time
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
lifeexpectancy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,134

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Turbo controller not worth it

So I looked into buying a mad catz turbo/auto-fire controller to tape down the A button so i would'nt have to mash it repeatedly for forever to finish the 6000 correct answers achievement. My advice? Totally not worth it. I tested mashing the A button for ONE hour and got over 400 correct answers in battle of wits vs cpu. Considering I only need 4000 more answers to finish it thats only 10 hours of masing. I watched Avatar with my wife while mashing away and caught up on Family Guy and now only need 1400 more answers. I'm mashing it while typing this one handed. Just an fyi to those of you thinking about that option. If you already have one go for it but if not its not worth the hastle of getting one.
__________________
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
McDucque
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
I'm mashing it while typing this one handed.
quote of the century. But yeah, if you're patient and have something entertaining close by, you don't need a turbo controller.
McDucque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
TheRealBr1ghtShadow
 
TheRealBr1ghtShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 289

Br1ghtShadow's Gamercard
Damn man. THAT TAKES DETERMINATION! I cant do this for more than a few minutes. Im impressed dude. But i guess I can try. Time to bring out Lord of the Rings!!!!
__________________
Special thanks to Whiplashx360a for my sweet sig!
Currently working on: Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Most recent 100% - Assassin's Creed II - 1000/1000
Interested in boosting? Message me on XBL - Br1ghtShadow
TheRealBr1ghtShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
ianke_2002
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 436

PhonySpoon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i just wanted to state that the method laid out in the guide does not work. I am talking about the method for people WITHOUT turbo controllers (tapin g the A button down) because the A button needs to "come up" and be pressed dopwn again...it cant just be held down....
__________________
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
mikemc
 
mikemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 510

mcfly800's Gamercard
thanks for the help on this achievement...this will help out a lot...i was thinking about getting a mad catz as well, but now i'll just do it this way and not worry about the hassle of getting another controller...thanks again!
__________________




"People will be more persuaded by the depth of your convictions than the height of your logic."
mikemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #6
anthonyd46
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 854
Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianke_2002 View Post
i just wanted to state that the method laid out in the guide does not work. I am talking about the method for people WITHOUT turbo controllers (tapin g the A button down) because the A button needs to "come up" and be pressed dopwn again...it cant just be held down....
The guide specifically says TURBO CONTROLLER METHOD. It does not work with a regular controller as u stated.
__________________
anthonyd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
worldsenemy
 
worldsenemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 38

iiworldsenemyii's Gamercard
tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
The guide specifically says TURBO CONTROLLER METHOD. It does not work with a regular controller as u stated.
This is a cut and paste of the achievement guide "Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

It says if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of tape on.
This doesn't work.
worldsenemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
anthonyd46
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 854
Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsenemy View Post
This is a cut and paste of the achievement guide "Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

It says if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of tape on.
This doesn't work.
You totally added words to what it really says:


Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well.

the words "or if you dont have a turbo controller" do not exist.
__________________
anthonyd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
MasterXeus
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 372

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
You totally added words to what it really says:


Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well.

the words "or if you dont have a turbo controller" do not exist.
Worldsenemy didn't added words to it. I beleive Worldsenemy was looking here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...me-time/guide/

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

but if you look here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=186420

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well."

Both Achievements guides saying something a little different.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #10
anthonyd46
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 854
Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXeus View Post
Worldsenemy didn't added words to it. I beleive Worldsenemy was looking here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...me-time/guide/

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

but if you look here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=186420

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well."

Both Achievements guides saying something a little different.
That is so weird i def didnt put the or if you dont have a turbo section
__________________
anthonyd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #11
MasterXeus
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 372

Master Xeus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - Never Final
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
That is so weird i def didnt put the or if you dont have a turbo section
No problem, I'm just happy I looked at this thread and both Achievements guides. Noramlly I just look at the 1st link for the achievements guides. I ususally don't go into the forums to look at them.
MasterXeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 PM.