Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Metro 2033
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #61
TheDarkCorsair

jamespalmer23's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gabz Flex View Post
I hate people like this, everyone file a complaint on this kid
Thats hilariously bad, the achievements are all still in the original order from the list, and he got them all in 1 day, then all the DLC ones in the next...lolage

Come on 4A, update us again at least on the matter! =)

James
TheDarkCorsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #62
Joshi 82 AT

Joshi 82 AT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Riderz View Post
Two things, first you say 4A is loyal and would do their best to please customers, will they have anyway of refunding the dlc purchase? I assume no due to it being a Microsoft service. I like the game yet am renting it on gamefly and don't want to be stuck with a title waiting for an update. The second thing, if they won't refund would you suggest sending it back for now or do you believe a fix is on the horizon. Not to incite riots, but this company says one thing yet doesn't quite deliver on their time frame. That said, great game which I love due to the atmosphere that hangs heavily, reminds me of my first journey into Black Messa.
I don't want to sound sarcastic but if you are talking about a refund, a lot of people have games with buged achievements. As I personally see the achievements as part of the game, developers/publishers (whoever is responsible in the end) would have to refund a lot of money for not delivering a 100% working game.

I think developers/publishers support achievement bugs as long as the effort is not to much and therefore doesn't cost them to much money.

That's my point of view, please don't hurt me

Halo wars - Running the show,
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - The best there is

Austrian user. Timezone GMT+1
Vienna 3:00 p.m. -> New York 9:00 a.m.
Vienna 3:00 p.m. -> Sydney 11:00 p.m.

Joshi 82 AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #63
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm a little out of the loop here. I bought the DLC but haven't played it yet because I keep reading about bugs and was waiting for a guide. Is the DLC bugged for some people or can't anybody unlock achievements at all? I could give it a try, but I'm afraid it will mess with my achievement list in the game

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #64
Red Riderz

Red Riderz's Gamercard
No Joshi I understand what you are saying, I will return the game until when and if the chievos are fixed. /rant on/ I'm just saying that if the chievos don't get fixed I feel conned as they were the reason I bought the content and its false advertising that allured me into a purchase that was essentialy broken. I understand they are trying their best and I shall practice patience, as long as they DO fix it I have no problem. I hope not in a year but regardless if they stay unlockable achievements it will leave a bitter taste in my mouth /rant off/
Red Riderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #65
aussiestatic
Banned User

Can we get an update on the twitter page? no news since the 5th.
update is clearly due.
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #66
GamesB2

GamesB2's Gamercard
Quote:
Two things, first you say 4A is loyal and would do their best to please customers, will they have anyway of refunding the dlc purchase? I assume no due to it being a Microsoft service.
Of course they won't have any way of refunding the DLC because it's microsoft who handles the DLCs distribution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
I'm a little out of the loop here. I bought the DLC but haven't played it yet because I keep reading about bugs and was waiting for a guide. Is the DLC bugged for some people or can't anybody unlock achievements at all? I could give it a try, but I'm afraid it will mess with my achievement list in the game
Everyones is currently glitched. The only people who have unlocked the achievements are hackers.

GamesB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #67
Red Riderz

Red Riderz's Gamercard
I can always dream, though I have heard on occasion that Microsoft does give refunds so I threw it out there to see if anyone had tried. Anyways, I've learned a valuable lesson, investigate on this site if DLC is broken BEFORE purchasing.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #68
MAxiMoZ

GsA el MAxiMoZ's Gamercard
Better this gonna be fixed

Team fortress 2 dude (on xbox and PC)

Working on:
(300/1200 L.A. Noire
(90/200) DOOM
(880/1000) Call of Juarez
(1330/1430) Battlefield BC:2

Just completed::
(200/200) Unbound SAGA
(200/200)Kingdom for Keflings
(1000/1000 BRINK
MAxiMoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #69
GamesB2

GamesB2's Gamercard
Quote:
I can always dream, though I have heard on occasion that Microsoft does give refunds so I threw it out there to see if anyone had tried. Anyways, I've learned a valuable lesson, investigate on this site if DLC is broken BEFORE purchasing.
I knew the DLC was broken and I bought it anyway.

I'm just waiting for a patch.

GamesB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #70
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Well, I'm pretty sure that this whole "it's MS' fault" thing is just a pathetic lie. I might be wrong (feel free to correct me if that is the case), but MS' screw-up is when the DLC comes out and yet they (Microsoft that is) fail to update xbox.com. Since this isn't the case here, than I think it can be safely assumed that A4 is the one who screwed-up (just like EA messed up with the Chapters of Deceit DLC).

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #71
Igniter

Igniter RC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamesB2 View Post
Of course they won't have any way of refunding the DLC because it's microsoft who handles the DLCs distribution...

Everyones is currently glitched. The only people who have unlocked the achievements are hackers.
If hackers are the only ones with these achievements, then it won't be hard for MS to the hackers. Got to wonder if this was planned??
Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #72
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Unhappy Say Whaaaa

I rented this game today in hopes of 100% completing it, but the DLC is still not unlocking? Damn. I really liked this game.

Also, why is one of the Achievements doubled up? What I mean is, isn't Air Bender 20 (DLC; Kill 30 humans with only pneumatic weapons) the same as Air Gunner 30 (Original; Kill 30 enemies using pneumatic weapons)?

Any news on a possible patch coming soon?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #73
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Guess the DLC achievements are still humped then.
Hopefully they fix it soon, I want to get back to 100%.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #74
anangke

Anangke's Gamercard
Ok I called and talked to two people first one asked me to get the in game error message which is roughly "The Downloaded content needs the most recent title update in order to be accessed. If the title update is removed then the save data will not be avalable in the load menu, saved data will instead appear corrupted and ask to be overwritten which will erase the saved game. The most recent title update must be redownloaded to access previously saved games linked to the downloaded content."

I also cleared my cache and it didn't fix it. the second person said there was no eta on a patch. I don't think customer service was aware of an issue. I e-mailed them on the 5th and got a cut and paste answer about achv not updating. The reps said I needed to contact THQ for more information as it was an issue on their end. And I've tweeted THQ a couple times and msged the thqinsider ID and gotten no response.

BASICALLY there is no new info and NO ETA on a fix. I'll give it another week I guess and then ask for a refund.
anangke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #75
Red Riderz

Red Riderz's Gamercard
I have a nagging suspicion that thiis won't be fixed in a week :P but if you get a refund please update if you can, thanks everyone for the information and discusion it helps take the edge off, heh.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #76
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
so im assuming that these are still broken... god damn it

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #77
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamesB2 View Post

Thaks for the answer. It sucks, because I don't care/want a refund, I wanna have 100% in this game like I had before this mess.

How could they release something with such a huge bug? This thing wasn't even tested.

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #78
M1keX

M1ke HoLz1e's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Thaks for the answer. It sucks, because I don't care/want a refund, I wanna have 100% in this game like I had before this mess.

How could they release something with such a huge bug? This thing wasn't even tested.
Same thing happened to army of two the 40th day and the dlc still hasn't been fixed, its been about 3 - 4 months now

Hope this does get fixed soon as i just got this game and i'm loving it.

M1keX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #79
Outlaw Tracker

OUTLAW TRACKER's Gamercard
Didn't the last DLC for Magic have a similar problem? The update - not the DLC - broke the game. There was a few days before a new update was released and apparently MS was at fault.
I think this is what that last tweet alluded to saying it was an MS issue like 'other games.'
In any event - no word since the 5th is not the way to keep your user base informed.
Outlaw Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #80
redbeard_nj

redbeard nj's Gamercard
Metro is one of my fav games and i was really excited about the DLC. This issue really stinks and please 4A, try and fix this fast.

Im just another voice of a Metro fan, and after reading this, i wanted to support the fans on getting a fix. and to be honest, i think the DLC should be taken off LIVE until its fixed. nobody likes buying broke stuff.
redbeard_nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:09 AM   #81
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
its been one week and still no one more week and ill be pissed and cant do anything about it
Old 08-11-2010, 04:32 AM   #82
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
have any of the developers stated anything about all this mess?

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:44 AM   #83
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeekBoy View Post
have any of the developers stated anything about all this mess?
I've seen them acknowledge it, they specifically pointed out this thread, but nothing else about it.

Apparently the PC version was supposed to emerge and it still hasn't, too.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #84
Teboda

Teboda's Gamercard
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone post this: I don't have the DLC, and have just played the main game. Not a single achievement has unlocked for me. I installed the update prior to playing the game the first time, so I guess the issue is with the update not specifically the DLC, and affect those of use without the DLC as well.
Teboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #85
Outlaw Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teboda View Post
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone post this: I don't have the DLC, and have just played the main game. Not a single achievement has unlocked for me. I installed the update prior to playing the game the first time, so I guess the issue is with the update not specifically the DLC, and affect those of use without the DLC as well.
That's revealing - that does narrow it down to the update.
Does anyone know if the update is still being offered - even tho it breaks the game? With Magic's broken update once they were aware of the problem MS removed the update and the DLC - this was done within hours - not days. They had a fix within a few days (if I recall correctly) and released a new update which fixed the problem.
There's no way MS should still have the forced update and the DLC available to download when they are aware it breaks the game!
I'll contact Joystiq to see if they are aware of this and maybe they can get some reaction from MS since there's been no word or action since the 5th!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #86
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
i would imagine that if they found out that the update made all achievements completely unattainable, they would remove it and the dlc asap or fix it a lot sooner than they are now.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #87
Outlaw Tracker

OK - I sent Joystiq the info and included links to this forum and the Metro's twitter page - hopefully they'll publish the story and get it more exposure so we can finally get some action.
Joystiq link:
http://www.joystiq.com/xbox/
If you would also like to contact Joystiq about this - in the upper right hand corner there's a "Tip Us" button.
Joystiq does usually stand up for the gamer when it's aware of a problem.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #88
M1keX

M1ke HoLz1e's Gamercard
i can confirm that i unlocked the Ranger achievement last night so the base achievements seem to be ok

M1keX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #89
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1keX View Post
i can confirm that i unlocked the Ranger achievement last night so the base achievements seem to be ok
There is no Problem with the Base Achievements, it's the DLC Achievements that doesn't Unlock. I Startet the Game on Monday because I saw the DLC came out so I thought i can Complete this Game in on go.. I Unlocked all the Achievements except the Ranger DLC ones :-(. I hope i don't have to start over again because i'm still at the very last Checkpoint on my Ranger Hardcore Playtrough :-)
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #90
Outlaw Tracker

Ok - a Joystiq editor contacted me and they are following up on this with THQ about it.
He asked us to be specific about the problem in case they get no response from THQ - then they'll publish the story to get some action.

So the problem - simply - is this:
Either the update or the DLC has some glitch because NONE of the new DLC achievements - even tho completed as required - is unlocking.
Is this correct?
Is there anything else that the update or DLC has affected?

Hopefully - we'll get this straightened out soon - thanks to Joystiq!