PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Way of the Samurai 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
PnutButrSkippy

PnutButrSkippy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Records glitch

has anyone else had the records glitch? by this i mean that whenever i try to look at my records to see which endings, titles, etc i have obtained, the game just freezes. i have to turn off the xbox in order to do anything. not sure when it started or how it happened cause i havent checked the records too often.

is there any sort of work around that i can use to see which endings and other stuff i have? i'd rather not start over because i'm pretty far into it with many of the endings done.

if there isnt a workaround, has anyone had this happen to them and does it affect achievements for the endings and titles?

EDIT: seems it does not affect the achievements as I got the 20 titles achievement last night. it just makes it more of a pain in the ass to keep track of what you do and do not have.

Last edited by PnutButrSkippy; 12-18-2009 at 02:50 PM.
PnutButrSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
fishy74

Fishy74's Gamercard
I have this! I thought it was because my xbox ringed the disc. and I hadn't noticed till I got my game back. I've put a lot of time into the game and have stopped playing while i wonder what to do. Is there help for us?
fishy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
PnutButrSkippy

PnutButrSkippy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yea, i have only seen a couple of other people talking about it and that was on the gamefaqs forum. no mention anywhere else of it anywhere else. guess the fact that this game isnt widely distributed doesnt help.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
Garibaldi72

I know why mine is doing the screen lock up on the "Records" menu.

I have these 2 crafted swords. I got Bloodthirsty, LV 50 on them, so they are 3 starred wih 1000+ kills, and 202/199 att respectively. Game started locking up on Records menu when I got the 3rd star for Lv 50. if I delete them from my weapon safes (discard them), then I can look at my Records menu with no problem.

I think it has something to do with the "Favorite Weapon" line in the main menu of Records. It doesn't like my crafted swords, which I think are my current favorites, or rather the game freaks out trying to decide if they are favorites or not. All I know is, if I get rid of them, then records page works with no problem.

Do you have a lv Bloodthirsty weapon? One or Two? or More?
Garibaldi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
Matthias9080

To confirm Garibaldi,

I tried deleting my custom sword I forged and viewing records afterwards and I was able to view them. It seems the problem has something to do with having forged swords or something to do with them...
Matthias9080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:34 AM   #6
iscarabaid

iscarabaid's Gamercard
I can verify this 'fix' as well. My game was consistently freezing on the Records page. I deleted all four of my forged swords and the freezing is now fixed.

Bummer to lose some nice blades, but it's worth it to keep track of endings/titles.
iscarabaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
Garibaldi72

Well I have some good news and smoe bad news. For the last couple of days, I've been tinkering around with this Records bug and I discovered 2 things.

First: Favorite Weapon status has nothing to do with weapon level or kill count. It seems to be base more on how ofter you use it (otherwords have it drawn in attack mode) and/or how many games you used the weapon to complete. This was very interesting, cause when I discarded those 2 bugged weapons, the game said Oorunama was my favorite. It was a 3 starred weapon with about 550 kills. Problem was, I had 4 other lv 50 weapons that had more kills, and "You're My Hoe" sword had 1525 kills. So that clued me in, that kill count is irrevelant.

Second: I figured out a fix for the Records bug without having to delete your prized forged weapons. The trick is to make another weapon your "Favorite Weapon" as far as Records is concerned. Since Oorunama seemed to be my 3rd favorite weapon (after the 2 bugged ones), I simple used it to get my remaining 26 titles. And for those titles that require you to wait an hour before completion, I stood around in my cabin with it drawn infront of Osada or Yukino or Hinagiku (who seem to say nice things to you when you wipe out the big blade). This seemed to do the trick, and I can now view Records without locking up, and I still have all my forged weapons(8 crafted), including the 2 Bloodthirsty's that cause the initial problem.

Now for the bad news. I am still not 100% sure what the root cause of the bug is. I don't know if it was because a crafted weapon was trying to be "Favorite Weapon", or if it was that I had 2 weapons that were both being labeled as favorite (as I used those 2 bloodthirsty's exclusively for dual wielding, so they had the same amout of "favorite" points).

If you already deleted your swords.. I'm sorry I hadn't figured it out sooner, you might still have them.
Garibaldi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #8
ghcoltrain

BankStriker's Gamercard
well this is what i did

i deleted my created weapons after starting up a new game then savedd under a new file which on give me 2 files 1 bugged and 1 not so whenever i want to check my records i start up a new game and redelete my created weapon and saving on the unbugged file and now i can check my file so far it seems to be working without problems
ghcoltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #9
fishy74

Fishy74's Gamercard
Thanks much guys! I will try the second file method. I had put this game down for awhile cuz of this.
fishy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
Jilo863

Jilo863's Gamercard
Man I'm glad this wasnt my disc bring dumb. Thanks for the info.
Jilo863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
I got this today after killing Shuzen on the 15th day after just lazying around, doing jobs. I got this recently and haven't played much, only got two endings, this one being the second. I was going to check the records to see which one, but then it froze... I'd picked up Shuzen's sword and thought it was the problem, but seems it wasn't.

I don't see myself having any problem with favorite weapons, as aside from a sword I used on my first playthrough (that only got 88 kills) before crafting a sword, I have barely used any other ones. I don't think I've done anything out of the ordinary, aside from maybe eating other things and wearing some more accessories. I'll try hurling out some of my more recently-acquired swords, but man, this bug is quite annoying...
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:45 AM   #12
every1_h8s_me

help me make them fix this!!!

ATTENTION anyone above who has posted:

i have started a thread on the agetec forum under the W.o.t.S. 3 thread addressing the need for them to patch/fix the game. feel free to reply to it and hopefully if enough ppl do it, they will get the hint.

thanks.

linkies:http://agetec.yuku.com/topic/2649
every1_h8s_me is offline   Reply With Quote