PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #31
darthmushu

darthmushu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You could say 6/10, but mysterio, carnage, goblin...some of those guys suck on hard, let me tell you. Like I said I did the first four on normal to kind of get the hang of things, but I did play the last 9 levels on hard. Just trying to help the OP fill in some gaps. Great game though, loved it.

Retail Completed: 156 total

Arcade Completed: 108 total

FIRST in the WORLD to beat zombie wranglers. Stupid MP acheevs.
darthmushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #32
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
as for the playthroughs needed, minimum number would have to be 1, cause it is technically possible to platinum (although extremely unlikely) on hard your first time through, all the way through the game. But would have to have a stipulation of possible multiple playthroughs per mission to attain platinum and all challenges. Then probably have to grind out the rest of the upgrades, but that is easy. Probably would reccomend an easy playthrough (for collectibles and challenges), then a hard playthrough for platinums.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #33
Killbomb

Killbomb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
as for the playthroughs needed, minimum number would have to be 1, cause it is technically possible to platinum (although extremely unlikely) on hard your first time through, all the way through the game. But would have to have a stipulation of possible multiple playthroughs per mission to attain platinum and all challenges. Then probably have to grind out the rest of the upgrades, but that is easy. Probably would reccomend an easy playthrough (for collectibles and challenges), then a hard playthrough for platinums.
I really don't think it is technically possible to platinum the first few levels on the first try if you start the game on Hard. You just don't have enough different moves for combos plus you'll be struggling through fights and dying with your weak health and moveset so that will kill your times. I think a MINIMUM of 2 is what should be in the roadmap with 3 being the more realistic number for most people.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #34
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Sorry this is taking a while, I'm going through each level but pausing many times to write down the collectibles (as well as do the videos on them) and how to do the challenges even though most are reallye easy. It may not look like I've updated the guide much in a day, but I have really progressed with the written and video portion that I will be creating in a different thread and linking in the guide. Thanks for the patience and your suggestions on various methods.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #35
Steel2040

The two hundro is easiest done with ultmate spidey on carange lvl first thing in the room with the 30 zombies I did it with a fully upgraded rage but I hear you can just stomp them takes longer but you don't take damage.
Steel2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #36
TheMasta7

TheMasta7's Gamercard
for me to get the 1000 in this game it took me a little under 23 hours so for the amount of time would be like 23-25 hours.
TheMasta7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #37
Killbomb

Killbomb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmushu View Post
You could say 6/10, but mysterio, carnage, goblin...some of those guys suck on hard, let me tell you. Like I said I did the first four on normal to kind of get the hang of things, but I did play the last 9 levels on hard. Just trying to help the OP fill in some gaps. Great game though, loved it.
LOL...I think I might agree with your 7/10 after all. Just finished the Juggernaut level and it seemed quite a bit tougher than any Act 2 level. Gunfire especially takes off huge chunks of health. Not looking forward to the rest of the levels now. Time runs are giving me problems on the Noir levels too.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #38
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbomb View Post
I really don't think it is technically possible to platinum the first few levels on the first try if you start the game on Hard. You just don't have enough different moves for combos plus you'll be struggling through fights and dying with your weak health and moveset so that will kill your times. I think a MINIMUM of 2 is what should be in the roadmap with 3 being the more realistic number for most people.
What is realistic isn't always what is possible. I agree, it is next to impossible, but that doesnt mean it can't be done. .01% of a possibility is still possible. Cause you know that 1 freak is going to get on and say, well I did it on hard platinum my first run... so while it may be the same percentage of jumping out of a plane without a chute and surviving, the game allows it to be a possibility, therefore, needs to be noted as such.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #39
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
I need some opinions before I do the rest. Do you think I should do a level by level guide, where I list what's needed for platinums, boss strategies, and collectibles (with videos)?

The levels would be listed in a thread, and when you click on them, they go to the specific level's info. If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, see the Lara Croft collectibles/challenge guide below

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=253541

I think that would be a good set up personally. But I'm sure some think it will be over kill. I just don't want to start a new thread with every level listed and having around 10+ posts trying to fit it all in. Then if people only need help with some levels, they'd have to scroll through the everthing else ust to get there. What way do you guys think?

Xbox360 games I have
Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #40
madcap1

Send a message via MSN to madcap1

madcap182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I need some opinions before I do the rest. Do you think I should do a level by level guide, where I list what's needed for platinums, boss strategies, and collectibles (with videos)?

The levels would be listed in a thread, and when you click on them, they go to the specific level's info. If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, see the Lara Croft collectibles/challenge guide below

I think that would be a good set up personally. But I'm sure some think it will be over kill. I just don't want to start a new thread with every level listed and having around 10+ posts trying to fit it all in. Then if people only need help with some levels, they'd have to scroll through the everthing else ust to get there. What way do you guys think?
That would be really cool, it would be nice to have a breakdown for the plat runs like times,combo and general tips to help people out to get all plat. Great job so far with the guide I always enjoy you guides. I think the time clearing for plat would be great to have then you would know if you are ahead or behind, this way if your to far behind in the time then you just restart, this way you wont have to continue all the way to then just to find out your a min over. I hate when that happens lol. Great work again on the guide

Please send a message along with a friends request. No message = it will just get denied. Thanks

madcap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #41
ONSLAUGHT o

ONSLAUGHT o's Gamercard
Quote:

My opinion,i think it would be overkill if you did videos for the levels,they arent to difficult to figure out,but the bosses on the other hand,on hard are a pain when you first fight them,i think videos for the golden spiders would be good as well as how to obtain the platinums.i already have all the platinums,but my scores where,for time it was always under 20 minutes,for combo it was always above 19,000,and for the emblems i just collected all the silver and gold spiders in the level.
ONSLAUGHT o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #42
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONSLAUGHT o View Post
My opinion,i think it would be overkill if you did videos for the levels,they arent to difficult to figure out,but the bosses on the other hand,on hard are a pain when you first fight them,i think videos for the golden spiders would be good as well as how to obtain the platinums.i already have all the platinums,but my scores where,for time it was always under 20 minutes,for combo it was always above 19,000,and for the emblems i just collected all the silver and gold spiders in the level.
I didn't mean videos for the entire levels, just boss videos/strategies even though a lot of them are easily figured out

For the platinums I can't give an exact number, just what I got and to shoot for that goal. Im going to make a thread for people to post their scores so I can base my findings on that

Xbox360 games I have
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #43
ONSLAUGHT o

ONSLAUGHT o's Gamercard
Quote:
I didn't mean videos for the entire levels, just boss videos/strategies even though a lot of them are easily figured out

For the platinums I can't give an exact number, just what I got and to shoot for that goal. Im going to make a thread for people to post their scores so I can base my findings on that
Ah i see,then yeah i think that would be great
Old 09-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #44
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Nice guide. Am thinking about getting this now and I wasn't planning on it before.
The only thing I can say about the guide so far (and I know it isn't done but it is there) is that "The Complete Package" is listed twice back-to-back. Kind of surprised no one else said anything about it, yet.

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:18 AM   #45
Tidus8690

Tidus8690's Gamercard
Assuming the collectibles are the same as in the ps3 version

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/spi...-road-map.html

There is already a guide with youtube videos and everything you can peak at for information on such things. Seems to be pretty complete.
Tidus8690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #46
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus8690 View Post
Assuming the collectibles are the same as in the ps3 version

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/spi...-road-map.html

There is already a guide with youtube videos and everything you can peak at for information on such things. Seems to be pretty complete.
True but I already have my own guide written up with videos to go along with them, plus I am not going to read someone elses guide to make one for the xbox version

Xbox360 games I have
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 AM   #47
Tidus8690

Tidus8690's Gamercard
Quote:
True but I already have my own guide written up with videos to go along with them, plus I am not going to read someone elses guide to make one for the xbox version
It was more for the benefit of others. Imo, they're going to be the same thing with different words either way. Information will all be the same regardless.
Tidus8690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #48
dmapr

Quote:

I really liked your Lara Croft guide, and Spidey doesn't have too many levels, so I think it would be a perfect setup.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #49
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bug Collector Achievement

Here is a link to find all of the hidden Spiders. Hope it helps.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #50
nekokari

Nekokari's Gamercard
personally, yea, making a guide would be helpful, but you should include a list instead in the achievement guide under the hard mode platinum medals achievements.

Example:
Level 1 this high of a combo, this many spiders collected, this time to beat.
nekokari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #51
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
I'd only give this game a 3/10, tops, for Achievement difficulty. Other than Avatar The Last Airbender, this is the easiest non-movie-based retail game I've ever played to get a full 1000G in.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #52
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Good guide so far, when I pick it up, this will help out a lot.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #53
LumberJock

LumberJock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADasaHatter View Post
Was wondering who was going to attempt the guide. Good luck, Tyger. Looks good for a foundation so far.

Just a heads up on these achievs:

I tried doing the hobgoblin level and kept botching it. The second level of 2099, Scorpion level, is the easiest to do this. The last part leading to the final fight has a freefall section that is very brief and extremley easy. I did it without having to move Spider-man not once. I suggest that one instead.

I did this one in the Electro level. It's one of the last sections tied to a challenge to wipe out all of the electro creatures in under four minutes. As long as you keep defeating/striking enemies, the rage meter stays put. This area has many streaming enemies that are easy to keep up.

Another stage is Deadpool's stage. The first commercial break has a constant stream of fanboys as well.

If it becomes a problem, just focus on extending your rage meter in the upgrades menu.

If I can make a suggestion for new players: don't buy all the moves or suits. Save all your initial spider essense for the good moves (air and ground recover, extending the X and Y normal combos) AND the moves tied to achievements (disarm, noir charge punch, amazing charge). Don't buy any of the other moves or extra costumes because they're just flashy. You can beat the game/bosses with your basic moveset. This way, you can focus on always upgrading the rage/health/accelerated vision first.

Agree with the Scorpion Level to get the freefalling achievement. That's where I got it.

Carnage level is really easy to get the one minute rage achievement as well. Spam the x button and whip up on the mummified SHIELD agents.
Retail: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Lego Batman, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Lego Indiana Jones, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Bourne Conspiracy, The Incredible Hulk, Fable 2 (1350/1350), Assassin's Creed 2
LumberJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #54
LeBoomstick

TheAlphaLantern's Gamercard
Solid guide. Good work.
LeBoomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #55
toolieo

Toolieo's Gamercard
I can't wait to play this. Thanks for the guide. It'll come in handy.
toolieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #56
ArcticNinja0418

ArcticNinja0418's Gamercard
how can you get a platinum in carnage level? i tried like 5 times but keep coming up short, i had up to 22000 and cant seem to get higher.
its hard to toss up the zombies in the air, they keep staying on the ground every time i do.
ArcticNinja0418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #57
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticNinja0418 View Post
how can you get a platinum in carnage level? i tried like 5 times but keep coming up short, i had up to 22000 and cant seem to get higher.
its hard to toss up the zombies in the air, they keep staying on the ground every time i do.
In the first area just keep jumping up and hitting to pound the ground and get your combo up extremely high. You can even get it up to 999 to be safe, then kill the enemies. Other than that, spam + together to kill everything on the level. You should easily have more than enough points.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 09-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #58
ArcticNinja0418

ArcticNinja0418's Gamercard
thats what i did yesterday Tyger7, i spam the Y but after jumping up getting X999 on mostly any place that had bad guys but came up short to 17000
ArcticNinja0418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #59
ONSLAUGHT o

ONSLAUGHT o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticNinja0418 View Post
thats what i did yesterday Tyger7, i spam the Y but after jumping up getting X999 on mostly any place that had bad guys but came up short to 17000
what i figured out after getting the combo platinum in the carnage level which was the most difficult for me, is that its partially how high you can get your combo but its also what moves you use to get that combo,if you spam the same move over and over you wont be able to platinum the combo portion or maybe just barely on earlier levels,pretty much you just have to mix up your combos,while getting a high combo count and try not to repeat the same move too much.

Thanks for the sig Audacious

Last edited by ONSLAUGHT o; 09-23-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #60
CalacaDeMuerto
Banned User

CalacaDeMuerto's Gamercard
Do you definitely need platinums in all three categories in each level to get a platinum over all?

I did a "quick" runthrough on Kraven's level on hard, and got a gold medal for combo and spider medals, but got platinum (I THINK) on the time (it was like 13 minutes) and it looked like I got a platinum overall.

What color are the platinum medals? Do they basically look the same as silvers?
CalacaDeMuerto is offline   Reply With Quote