Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Reach
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Today's challenges have been updated, refer to Post 3 for the details.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #32
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
"Heroic Demon
You have to be in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic difficulty. You have full customization options at your disposal so there's no excuse not to get this. If you don't want to use customization use a Plasma Pistol Overcharge followed by a headshot. Otherwise set all waves to Elites, make yourself invincible, and jump right into the action with your weapon of choice."

Since when have you been able to set invincibility in matchmaking Firefight?? Are you confusing this for custom games?
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #33
SuperSkyline89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
"Heroic Demon
You have to be in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic difficulty. You have full customization options at your disposal so there's no excuse not to get this. If you don't want to use customization use a Plasma Pistol Overcharge followed by a headshot. Otherwise set all waves to Elites, make yourself invincible, and jump right into the action with your weapon of choice."

Since when have you been able to set invincibility in matchmaking Firefight?? Are you confusing this for custom games?
My mistake, was trying to get it up before heading to class. It's fixed.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 09-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #34
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Any suggestions on the best Grunt-killing level?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #35
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
anyone know what the fastest way to get today's "heroic demon" challenge would be? i'm only getting two per actual matchmaking game, which is just a huge waste of time. do elites appear in any of the score attack modes?

NEW UPDATE: elites do in fact appear on the fifth wave of sniper attacks.

Last edited by Mister Buds; 09-21-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #36
SuperSkyline89

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Any suggestions on the best Grunt-killing level?
I went through a friends stats on Bungie.net and he got anywhere from 50-90 Grunt kills per level. His max was 92 on Level 7. If you don't mind reloading checkpoints just load up any mission and find an area where there's a large group of them and let yourself die after all the Grunts are dead. As long as you don't get a checkpoint after killing them you could just repeat that until you get the challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
anyone know what the fastest way to get today's "heroic demon" challenge would be? i'm only getting two per actual matchmaking game, which is just a huge waste of time. do elites appear in any of the score attack modes?
There was a video a while ago showing a mode called Sniper Timez. You start with sniper rifles and all the enemies are Heretic Elites. I don't know if that mode is online for matchmaking but if it is you'll get the challenge within minutes.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 09-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #37
ClutchPapi34

ClutchPapi34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Does anyone know of the best level to kill grunts?

ClutchPapi34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #38
Mercurious

vayatae's Gamercard
i found playing on winter contingency rally point bravo was easy enough. i got around 18-20 grunts per reload. theres about 4 drop ships worth of guys. when the other spartans tell you to get inside the bunker just kill off any remaining grunts and reload the checkpoint
| Assassin's Creed | Assassin's Creed II | Battlefield Bad Company 2 | Borderlands | Call of Duty 4 | Fable II | Halo 3 | Iron Man | LEGO Star Wars: TCS | Modern Warfare 2 | Mass Effect (1200) | Mass Effect 2 (1055) | Oblivion (1000) | Splinter Cell Conviction | Star Wars TFU (1220) | TMNT | Zoids Assault |

Arcade 100%:
| Aegis Wing | Banjo Kazooie | Banjo Tooie | Dash of Destruction |Fable II Pub Games | The Maw (250) |

Mercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #39
Takatori

Takatori Reiji's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post

UPDATE: ok, elites 100% do not appear in gruntpocalypse or sniper attack. in the actual score attack mode within score attack, they appear on the final wave, which is not helpful at all. was down to one minute when the final wave came and all of the elites had fuel rod cannons. i'm not even going to bother with general defense because that mode sucks.
Are you sure you tried Sniper Attack? I was on Sniper Attack on Corvette earlier and the Elites appear on the 5th wave. As far as I know the waves are always the same (I've done Sniper Attack on Corvette quite a few times). Managed to rack up 8 Elite kills and then I finished the Round not long after. It's pretty easy really when you have Sniper Rifle and infinite Ammo.
Takatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #40
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takatori View Post
Are you sure you tried Sniper Attack? I was on Sniper Attack on Corvette earlier and the Elites appear on the 5th wave. As far as I know the waves are always the same (I've done Sniper Attack on Corvette quite a few times). Managed to rack up 8 Elite kills and then I finished the Round not long after. It's pretty easy really when you have Sniper Rifle and infinite Ammo.
you are correct. i just played my first sniper attack of the day and racked up 8 elite kills. i just came back to this thread to update. i didn't know those guys were elites, but glad they are.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #41
Zenith94x

ArkticZenith's Gamercard

50 assists, oh joy! Like 15 wasn't hard enough...
Zenith94x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #42
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith94x View Post

50 assists, oh joy! Like 15 wasn't hard enough...
It's not too bad. Play something like Classic Slayer in Rumble Pit for awhile and you'll eventually get it. Challenges are definitely harder than previous days.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #43
SuperSkyline89

Today's challenges have been updated, refer to Post 3 for the details

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #44
lizard9979

Lizard9979's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takatori View Post
The waves do change. There is one load out where the final wave is all brutes, then one where there are like 10 Elite Jumpers. Then another with heavy elites that all have plasma cannons heavy weapons.

Regarding today's 50 assists.

DRIVE a warthog!!! You can get assist after asssit on one, especially if you have a good gunner. I do BTB and just keep the pedal to the medal. I never, EVER stop the truck for any reason, take wide, fast turns and let the gunner go nuts.

If you are over 30.
click here
lizard9979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #45
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

i did 2 of today's dailys (1st kill and grenades) on the only game i played this morning.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #46
SuperSkyline89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard9979 View Post
Regarding today's 50 assists.

DRIVE a warthog!!! You can get assist after asssit on one, especially if you have a good gunner. I do BTB and just keep the pedal to the medal. I never, EVER stop the truck for any reason, take wide, fast turns and let the gunner go nuts.
Driving a Warthog when the gunner gets a kill is a Wheelman medal. An assist requires you to damage an enemy that one of your teammates kills.

Wheelman and Assist are the same in Firefight but not in multiplayer.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 09-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #47
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

here's a couple tips for today's challenges:

throwing fireballs- vote for elite slayer. all the classes come equipped with two sticky grenades. and, if it's anything like the match i got it in, everyone will be throwing their grenades as well.

go right ahead folks- invasion matches offer a first kill in each round (i believe there's four or five rounds per match). on most maps the infected and survivors spawn relatively close to each other as well. just rush the other team and try to take someone out.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #48
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

I got a good tip for Assists. Play in Multi-team and just focus on trying to remove a opponents shield. Throw grenades at them, shoot them, or if your feeling ballsy, you can punch them. After you take down their shield IGNORE THEM! If any member of the game kills this player you will get the assist, be they on your team or not. I find this works pretty well, but can be frustrating at times when the person's shield you take down seems to be invincible and gets like a triple kill after taking you out.

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #49
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

You guys really have a hard time with assists? Play some games with my friends... =/ I'm constantly getting 6+ assists per match because they always steal my kills when I don't need help and when I do need help, they are nowhere to be seen.

Best place for the 8 grenade kills is rumble pit IMO. Just got 8 in my first match. Make sure you pick off the guests .
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #50
SuperSkyline89

Today's challenges have been updated, refer to Post 3 for the details.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #51
lizard9979

Lizard9979's Gamercard
Good list today. Thank God no more assist!! Lots of firefightey goodness today!!!

If you are over 30.
click here
lizard9979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #52
Eminent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
Thanks for the support guys.
Loving how you keep updating this everyday. Keep it up.
Eminent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #53
SuperSkyline89

Major update being made to Post 1

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 09-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #54
ckin TABASCO

hungrywatchwolf's Gamercard
I personally think that todays challenges were way to easy for how many credits were awarded.

I got all the daily challenges done within about 5 games of Firefight Matchmaking
(choose SNIPERS OR ROCKETS) THOSE GAME MODES HAVE BOTTOMLESS CLIPS SO ITS EASY TO GET THE NEEDLER ONE DOING IT THIS WAY)

But if people are having trouble getting the challenges done with for today just send me a message and I will invite you to an XBOX LIVE PARTY CHAT and we can play and I will help you out.

If I dont respond right away I might have fallen asleep or I am AFK.

thanks.
ckin TABASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #55
Mr.JPX910

JPX SinCere's Gamercard
Curious to see how many ppl convert to FF after they see the pt difference they get today...

Mr.JPX910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #56
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Just got all the daily challenges playing Score attack...so if you dont have that achievement now is the day to do it.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #57
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
If this is updated daily and you provide a little more detail about the challenges then I see no reason why this is not worth a sticky.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #58
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
If this is updated daily and you provide a little more detail about the challenges then I see no reason why this is not worth a sticky.
agreed...mods can we sticky this?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #59
Materia Reactor

MateriaReactor's Gamercard
Agreed, this is the thread I come check when i get into work to see what "fun" grinding I get to do after work. =P Deserves a Sticky!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #60
Brigade

BrigadeMindless's Gamercard
Quote:
Major update being made to Post 1
Quote:
Challenges are updated at 9AM GMT. Daily Challenges being updated every day and Weekly Challenges being updated every Monday.

Every challenge completed earns the player in-game credits, the amount dependent on the difficulty of the said challenge. So far, the lowest amount for a Daily Challenge has been 100cR with the highest coming in at 2000cR. The sole Weekly Challenge seen so far has been worth 5000cR.
Today's Daily challenge has a reward of 2500 cR. Just a friendly editing reminder, you're doing a hellova job already.

Current MP Boost Projects - Retail:
GoW, GoW 2, Quake 4, Perfect Dark Zero, Crackdown
Current MP Boost Projects - Live:
Wing Commander Arena, Doom, Contra, Cyberball, TMNT Arcade, E4, Hardwood Spades
Brigade is offline   Reply With Quote