PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Grizimus

Grizimus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Easy GI Joe Rank

I used the Classic Duke and Scarlet for my GI Joe rank after several attempts of falling just short. On every attempt, on the first attempt I got the GI Joe rank. One one level I even maxed out the counter at 999,999. I usually played with Scarlett, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. When I played with that duo it seemed like I was always getting multipliers. I even went "Man Down" once and still made it.

I had a hard time at first so I wanted to share what worked for me.
Grizimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am using that strategy now, I didn'tt see a big difference between other characters and them when it comes to multipliers, at first, but a few levels into it I tried Duke and Heavy Duty after many failed attempts switched back to Classic Duke and Scarlett and destroied the points. I also play on Hardcore, if you just shoot everything all the time, you should find all the point orbs, then just don't die, the game really isn't any harder on Hardcore, at least it doesn't seem to be, you take damage maybe a little faster, but not by much. The enemies are not harder, the only difference is you can't respawn characters at checkpoints, but 95% of the time if you go man down you won't get GI joe rank anyway, plus you get 25% score boost. This is almost a surefire tip to beating the game with a full 1000 without having to replay levels too much.

I would still stay on casual for the Storm Shadow levels the first time through so you don't run into the glitch, but other than that, Hardcore first time through for everything else isn't that bad.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 12-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
I am using that strategy now, I didn'tt see a big difference between other characters and them when it comes to multipliers, at first, but a few levels into it I tried Duke and Heavy Duty after many failed attempts switched back to Classic Duke and Scarlett and destroied the points. I also play on Hardcore, if you just shoot everything all the time, you should find all the point orbs, then just don't die, the game really isn't any harder on Hardcore, at least it doesn't seem to be, you take damage maybe a little faster, but not by much. The enemies are not harder, the only difference is you can't respawn characters at checkpoints, but 95% of the time if you go man down you won't get GI joe rank anyway, plus you get 25% score boost. This is almost a surefire tip to beating the game with a full 1000 without having to replay levels too much.

I would still stay on casual for the Storm Shadow levels the first time through so you don't run into the glitch, but other than that, Hardcore first time through for everything else isn't that bad.

Yeah, I'll agree that hardcore is pretty much cake...HOWEVER..,for the life of me I can not get GI joe rank on a few levels because I get hit no matter how much I roll.As a consequence I miss out on the 3x+5x a lot because getting hit negates any kill streak im on.I would hate to return this game incomplete but it looks like I may have to.Oh and the glitches are SOOO much fun. Invinceable turrets are so much fun on hardcore(reset)(attacking the shield generator for 5-10 min straight with HD and Destro didnt budge the health meter at all),getting stuck to walls and having to reset your game..there are others but im almost dune with this near turd game.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

ive got stuck in walls a few times, usually I switch to the other character quickly and the stuck one teleports out. I have gotten GI Joe on all Arctic and all but the last Desert, haven't tried much of the Jungle yet, the last Desert one is a bitch. I have gotten 39K about 4 times now... I use popups every chance I get and get quite a few bonuses throughout the level. I will 1000 this game... I bested Iron Man, this is a stroll through a cotten candy park compared to that 1000...

EDIT: And my next try after I type this I get the last desert one I needed... On to the Jungle.....yay?

And so far I like the Duke Gung Ho combo, Duke has constant fire and is extremely accurate, and Gung Ho knocks guys down... Both have good strong grenades as specials, pretty easy to take stuff down with these two. I haven't used everyone, but so far I like this combo. I'd use Backblast if only his primary fire was a little faster. Am I the only one that is actually having a bit of fun with this game? It isn't good by any means, and the targeting is frustrating as hell, but I am still enjoying it a bit... just like Tenchu Z. I know it was a bad game but I still liked it.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 12-12-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizimus View Post
I used the Classic Duke and Scarlet for my GI Joe rank after several attempts of falling just short. On every attempt, on the first attempt I got the GI Joe rank. One one level I even maxed out the counter at 999,999. I usually played with Scarlett, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. When I played with that duo it seemed like I was always getting multipliers. I even went "Man Down" once and still made it.

I had a hard time at first so I wanted to share what worked for me.
Thanks so much for the tip. I had been struggling on 5 various levels, falling short of GI JOE rank by 5 to 25k, ending up with three badges on those levels. From what I had read in the guide and posts I had thought you needed GI JOE rank in all levels to get the last achievement...BATTLE MASTER. This is not the case. I still have 2 levels on Desert, 1 level on Jungle, and 1 level on Tundra that I have 3 badges on. So you do not need GI Joe Rank on all. Just keep close tabs on the ones that you fall short on as you cannot gain access to this information again until you complete the level once more.

For Instance: I ended up 15 to 20K short, after the Hardcore Bonus, on Desert - Robot. When I used classic Duke and classic Scarlett I finished with more than the points needed prior to the bonus. BIG HELP!

FYI: You need to enter the Classic Duke and Scarlett code every time you start the game. Codes are in the guide.

Last edited by big red marino; 12-26-2009 at 09:51 PM.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #6
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

I liked classic Scarlett and Back Blast. He knocks the guys down and I finish them off. I also like Scarlett's special as well. Good tips.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Omega Deez

Omega Deez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I noticed on the Bonus Delta Desert mission, second checkpoint. the 3 power coils you have to activate to go up and destroy the generators seemed to be glitched. I activated 1 and had to kill some dudes, the coil deactivated & when 0/3 came up on the screen it gave me 50,000 points. So I activated 2 and let em run out & got 50,000 points per coil. I did it until I had 800,000 pts & ended up with 999,999 when I finished the level.

I played the level a second time and it worked again. I don't know if it works on other levels since it gave me the battle points I needed to finish the game the first time, but I'd try it (as long as the level has power coils) if your having trouble scoring enough points. I also don't know if this works 100% of the time or if my game just glitched. I do know that it did not give me the points unless I let "Power Coil 0/3 activated" come up on the screen. I never activated more than 2 either, since that would end that part of the level. Hope this helps somebody. I used Backblast & Destro if anyone's wondering.

Last edited by Omega Deez; 04-04-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Omega Deez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Thanks for the awesome tip. I could not get GI Joe status after replaying one of the desert levels over and over again. I used Classic Duke and Classic Scarlet, and I got GI Joe rank the first try. Fantastic, and thank you.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
OMGLOL1111

OMGLOL1111's Gamercard
So is it classic duke and regular scarlet or classic duke and classic scarlet?