my Matsukaze and Four Guardians ach run

Alot of people are having trouble with these annoying achs so here is exactly how I did it:

Start a new game Battle of Kawanakajima. I used the Date clan on the far right. After your first battle keep your lord Date in the first area and move the three highest guys to the second. Write their names down and pick one more who will be a lleutinent. Use these four for all battles, moving anyone you capture or who joins to the others areas you own. As you conquer Japan, only consult these four guys! If none are available use delegate for one of them. Alternate using them during battles to increase their levels. At some point you will get a prompt for one to get a rank. I declined it and kept him a warrior. At the end when you have two clans left to beat. Move the one guy who is a leutenient to his own area so he is a general. Take over one of the two areas left and hopefully you get the four guardian cut scene here. Save either way. Copy this to a memmory card if you are going for the horse. If you didnt get it form an alliance with the one guy leftand continue to consult or delegate to these 4 guys until you get the cut scene. Along the way I did use the merchant trade if it was 500 but not 1000 gold to improve your culture.

Now your culture is high and you have 4 guardians you should also have a cut scene where the streets are alive with vitality at some point along the way. I sold all horses and started with about 80k in gold. By now your guys probably have unlocked Exemption by doing Inspection to this point. So continue Exemption and alliance until Benefaction is an option. Alliance and Benefaction and buy some scrolls at 500 but not all of them. Took me down to about 30k in gold to get the scene to get the horse.

The idea by coping the save file is incase they use draft and taxes alot after not getting the ach where I first told you I got it. Those will lower your approval if going for the horse but you have to consult or delegate to them if you didnt get four guardians yet. Just an alternative choice if you have still having trouble with the horse after getting the four guardians. But most likely you wont need this save file.

Pretty much the same idea as the guides but a little more detail I think.. Good Luck

Edited by tjayars

• 3 months later...

I know this was posted a few months ago, but it just worked for me (got both Matsukaze and Four Guardians in one run). I had not played the game for a year and a half, and deleted my previous save file at the time, so I had to start fresh to finish my last 3 achievements; Osaka is currently the only one I need now.

I didn't really need to alter his strategy, as by the time I cornered the last fief I just needed to delegate a couple more times and was good to go. Then I finally moved onto spamming Benefaction but finally got the horse.

Follow what the TC says as closely as possible and you'll have these 2 tricky achievements.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i never used consult or delegate once throught a campaign and i even used the lord 90% of the battles. at the near end it gave me the cutscene.

the stupid method of having one fief left(not this thread) and just consulting delegating didn't work in numerous playthroughs. so i believe you have to use blue generals in battle.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...