PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Dead Space: Ignition
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Trikke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 382

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Planet Cracker achievement - Hardware Crack puzzle solutions

Please read first:
When I did my first playthrough, I chose to do route A. This means I started with a RIG level 1.
As you perhaps already know from reading the achievement guide, your RIG will become level 4 (unlocking the achievement for it) by the end of the first playthrough.
Once having a RIG level 4, you will have more tools at your disposal to make the mini-games easier.
This being said, I made youtube videos for all possible laser mini-games, but the ones on route A are with the RIG not fully upgraded. This means that routes B, C and D are based upon having a fully upgraded RIG.

There are several paths (routes) you can take. Here's an overview:

- Route A: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2A (Lighting Failure) -> Act 3A (Direct Route) -> Act 4
- Route B: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2A (Lighting Failure) -> Act 3B (Cross the Rim) -> Act 4
- Route C: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2B (Hostage Situation) -> Act 3C (Spacewalk) -> Act 4
- Route D: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2B (Hostage Situation) -> Act 3D (Interior Route) -> Act 4


Different routes will result in different puzzles. Depending on the route you'll take, pick the according videos:

- Route A: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2A.1 / Act 2A.2 -> Act 3A.1 / Act 3A.2 -> Act 4
- Route B: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2A.1 / Act 2A.2 -> Act 3B -> Act 4
- Route C: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2B -> Act 3C -> Act 4
- Route D: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2B -> Act 3D -> Act 4

No, I didn't forget some videos. It turns out that routes C and D have less laser mini-games...

I hope it is all clear and understandable, and these videos will help you solving the puzzles.

Good luck!

Last edited by Trikke; 10-22-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Trikke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 382

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
VIDEOS - All videos related to Act 1



Act 1.1
(Route A, B, C or D)




Act 1.2
(Route A, B, C or D)


Last edited by Trikke; 10-16-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
Trikke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 382

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
VIDEOS - All videos related to Act 4




Act 4
(Route A, B, C or D)


Last edited by Trikke; 10-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
K4rn4ge
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 108

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Here's a pic I took of the last hardware crack puzzle in the game in Act 4. I am going to try to post more of these but if not, hopefully others contribute. Just note that you have to rotate the yellow laser once or twice to get it to shine in the diagnoal path (I didn't do it in picture because level would have ended before I snapped the pic!)

__________________
Ranked # 1 in overall arcade gamerscore. More stats on Trueachievements.com.

Last edited by K4rn4ge; 10-14-2010 at 06:23 PM.
K4rn4ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
K4rn4ge
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 108

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Just redid and took a pic of Hardware Crack 6 which is in Act 3A

__________________
Ranked # 1 in overall arcade gamerscore. More stats on Trueachievements.com.
K4rn4ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
Trikke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 382

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4rn4ge View Post
Just redid and took a pic of Hardware Crack 6 which is in Act 3A

Thanks, but I can't copy-paste them in the guide The site you're hosting them, doesn't allow me to.

I've made a picture myself, and put it on facebook. From there, I'm copy pasting one (puzzle 7).

I also made a video with the digital cam, which I uploaded to youtube. They're "converting" it right now, so will try to post these as well.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
K4rn4ge
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 108

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Hardware Crack 7 which is also in Act 3A

__________________
Ranked # 1 in overall arcade gamerscore. More stats on Trueachievements.com.

Last edited by K4rn4ge; 10-14-2010 at 07:21 PM.
K4rn4ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
K4rn4ge
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 108

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikke View Post
Thanks, but I can't copy-paste them in the guide The site you're hosting them, doesn't allow me to.

I've made a picture myself, and put it on facebook. From there, I'm copy pasting one (puzzle 7).

I also made a video with the digital cam, which I uploaded to youtube. They're "converting" it right now, so will try to post these as well.
Well, you have my permission to use my screencaps just please credit me if you do
__________________
Ranked # 1 in overall arcade gamerscore. More stats on Trueachievements.com.
K4rn4ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
Trikke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 382

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikke View Post
I also made a video with the digital cam, which I uploaded to youtube. They're "converting" it right now, so will try to post these as well.
Looks like it worked, just posted it in this guide.

Last edited by Trikke; 10-14-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #12
Eternaltriumph
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 140

I Ride Mudkips's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4rn4ge View Post
Just redid and took a pic of Hardware Crack 6 which is in Act 3A

Very, very odd. I think my game f-ed up. In the picture above the solution has 5 splitters. My game only has four. I have four splitters, two removers, nine reflectors.

been rattling my brain on this one for a while, I guess it'd make sense why I can't solve it if I don't have a part I need.
__________________
Need something? Message me! Gamertag is "Gray Jew".
Eternaltriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
Trikke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 382

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternaltriumph View Post
Very, very odd. I think my game f-ed up. In the picture above the solution has 5 splitters. My game only has four. I have four splitters, two removers, nine reflectors.

been rattling my brain on this one for a while, I guess it'd make sense why I can't solve it if I don't have a part I need.
No, you're game isn't f#cked up. If this is the first time you're doing this puzzle, you'll only have 4 splitters because your RIG isn't fully upgraded yet (which will be a bit later in the game).

Since my profile has a fully upgraded RIG, I'll have to re-do the whole story mode again using another profile so that I'll have the same amount of splitters and reflectors.

Then, I'll try to make the youtube video and post it here as well.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #14
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
http://www.youtube.com/user/HyperBio.../2/95o65isZwuU This guy on Youtube posted a 1 - 6 part walkthrough.

He picked Hostage Situation - Spacewalk route.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #15
Eternaltriumph
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 140

I Ride Mudkips's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikke View Post
No, you're game isn't f#cked up. If this is the first time you're doing this puzzle, you'll only have 4 splitters because your RIG isn't fully upgraded yet (which will be a bit later in the game).

Since my profile has a fully upgraded RIG, I'll have to re-do the whole story mode again using another profile so that I'll have the same amount of splitters and reflectors.

Then, I'll try to make the youtube video and post it here as well.
Ahh, that makes sense then. I should restart and do another route, then come back and finish that up. I see no way to solve it with just four splitters; I always end up needing one more to make a correct setup.

Thanks for the response.
__________________
Need something? Message me! Gamertag is "Gray Jew".
Eternaltriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #16
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hardware Crack 10 (Act 3D, Hack 4A) Sorry if it's not clear, because it was taken with my mobile phone.

__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 AM   #17
Trikke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium, Europe
Posts: 382

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternaltriumph View Post
Ahh, that makes sense then. I should restart and do another route, then come back and finish that up. I see no way to solve it with just four splitters; I always end up needing one more to make a correct setup.

Thanks for the response.
There is a way of solving it with only 4 splitters (projectors). I only need to put the solution online for it, but I'm actually on my 2nd run on Route C.

As for your puzzle problem, all I can remember is that I had to put a splitter in top right corner. It took me several attempts before I finally figured it out, but trust me, it is doable with the limited amount of splitters.

If you're not in a hurry, come back somewhere in the weekend. I will probably have put the solution online somewhere late Saturday or Sunday.

Good luck

Last edited by Trikke; 10-15-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
Ozbaab
 
Ozbaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 1,190

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
A GREAT guide dude!
__________________



First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #19
Ninja Boosh
 
Ninja Boosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25

Ninja Boosh's Gamercard
Awesome guide. Much much appreciated!

As much as I like puzzles, these just got too complicated for me too care anymore. Whereas something like Limbo is fun enough to figure out you avoid teh interwebz.
Ninja Boosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #20
Spliff Starz
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MTL
Posts: 278

Perasnovitch's Gamercard
nvm nvm nvm

Last edited by Spliff Starz; 11-21-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Spliff Starz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #21
Dabura911
 
Dabura911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13

Dabura911's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikke View Post
Please read first:
When I did my first playthrough, I chose to do route A. This means I started with a RIG level 1.
As you perhaps already know from reading the achievement guide, your RIG will become level 4 (unlocking the achievement for it) by the end of the first playthrough.
Once having a RIG level 4, you will have more tools at your disposal to make the mini-games easier.
This being said, I made youtube videos for all possible laser mini-games, but the ones on route A are with the RIG not fully upgraded. This means that routes B, C and D are based upon having a fully upgraded RIG.

There are several paths (routes) you can take. Here's an overview:

- Route A: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2A (Lighting Failure) -> Act 3A (Direct Route) -> Act 4
- Route B: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2A (Lighting Failure) -> Act 3B (Cross the Rim) -> Act 4
- Route C: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2B (Hostage Situation) -> Act 3C (Spacewalk) -> Act 4
- Route D: Act 1 (Start) -> Act 2B (Hostage Situation) -> Act 3D (Interior Route) -> Act 4


Different routes will result in different puzzles. Depending on the route you'll take, pick the according videos:

- Route A: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2A.1 / Act 2A.2 -> Act 3A.1 / Act 3A.2 -> Act 4
- Route B: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2A.1 / Act 2A.2 -> Act 3B -> Act 4
- Route C: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2B -> Act 3C -> Act 4
- Route D: Act 1.1 / Act 1.2 -> Act 2B -> Act 3D -> Act 4

No, I didn't forget some videos. It turns out that routes C and D have less laser mini-games...

I hope it is all clear and understandable, and these videos will help you solving the puzzles.

Good luck!
I would just like to thank you for posting this really helped me out got 23 min without failing anything first try using your guide too lol thanks alot mate very helpfull
__________________
Dabura911
Dabura911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
bjh_27
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 300

morrillo's Gamercard
These videos are superb, thank you very much indeed...
bjh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 AM   #23
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thank you for the excellent videos. They really helped me out.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #24
AmbaLaBamba
 
AmbaLaBamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,110

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Helped me out a bunch, thank you!
__________________
Had fun on the 360, but it's time to move on.
PS4, I choose you.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #25
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council
 
Corrupt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 6,414

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 45 (more» ...)
Thanks a lot, this basically completed the game for me...
__________________
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #26
TriRock
 
TriRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Finnish Line
Posts: 1,943

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Thanks, these were a grand help.
__________________
10k 29/03/09 - 100k 17/07/10 - 200k 02/09/11 - 300k 02/02/13 - 400k 20/11/13

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1




TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 AM.