PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #61
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Managed to kick the brother off Dead Rising 2 so am free to play tonight now.

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - Red Bull Driver #1
Click to go to x360a F1 2011 Season Website
x13radx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #62
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
I can't race tonight, I've run out of XBL gold. Unless I can pick some membership up tonight, I probably won't be on.
I can't even send messages from xbox.com!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #63
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
My first race without my beloved steering wheel tonight, and won by 21.1 seconds on a 75% race with full damage.

It was a great race, by the time we had started I had forgot to get my mic plugged in and couldnt get it during the pit stop, so thats why I was again very silent.

Just to clarify, I play with no assists what so ever;
No braking assists
No ABS
No Traction Control
No Racing Line
Manual Sequential Gearbox
Manual Pit Limiter & Pit Box

My fastest lap was a 1:36.585 which was set on around lap 24 or 25.

The race started with a 52% chance of rain, and by lap 25 or so it the skies had started to go grey and rain started. I pitted at the same time as Hitman (Although I was a lap ahead at this point.) and overtook him within a few laps after a few mistakes meant I was stuck behind him for a little while. I had changed to Intermediates and despite Daenius & Noddee both switching to Wets, I managed to hold on, despite losing a bit of grip when the track started getting very wet. Although Daenius probably gained around 10+ seconds on me in the last 10 or so laps, I was so far ahead it did'nt really matter and I almost lapped Noddee on the last lap too.

Great race, and I think if I can keep a decent pace like tonight on Saturday, I should be in for a win.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #64
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
great race, I really liked the 75% distance, made the race much more strategic.

brad killed us in the dry, after about 10 laps, noddee overtook me for 2nd and was ahead 15 seconds or more.

when it started raining and everybody switched to wets/intermediates, I decided to stick with the primes for 3-4 more laps and was able to get some pretty fast laps in.

when I came out of the pit, after changing to wet tyres, I barely managed to hold my lead over noddee, he was right behind me when I came out of the pit.

the last 17-18 laps I was doing fast lap after fast lap and managed to take 1-2 seconds off brad's times with each lap, but like he said, I still wasn't able to catch up to him.

pretty darn impressive, brad. driving with no aids whatsoever and manual shifting in your first race without wheel and still dominating the dry track.

crazy biggaz destroyed his car in lap 5 or 6 and had to wait an hour until we were finished, sorry about that man

all in all, I would say we definitely keep full damage on, along with the reduced flags.

as for the 75% - like I said before, it makes the race much more competitive and strategic, so I would up the distance to 75%.

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - McLaren Driver #1

daenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #65
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Yes, I think with 12 racers a 75% length race would be great. I also think having full damage will be better too, however we never really collided at all tonight, so we never really saw the extent.

Daenius, will send the setup to you in a few minutes!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #66
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think im gonna try using a driver aid next race, im using the controller and all driver aids OFF, whereas others seem to use driver aids and the steering wheel, so i think im at a disadvantage. I was consistently doing 1:40s in the dry & 1:42s in the wet whereas you guys where getting in the 1:39s. Over 42 laps ionly spun the car like 3 times which is not bad with traction control off, alot of my laps were good but i still had to brake earlier and be later on the power, i was just losing toomuch time in the corners.
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #67
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds like you guys had fun, shame i couldnt make it. But i had some fun in the 3rd dimension tonight hahaha. Looks like i'll need to put in some practice for Saturday.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #68
Crazy BigGaz

Gaz 7676's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius View Post
crazy biggaz destroyed his car in lap 5 or 6 and had to wait an hour until we were finished, sorry about that man
No worries, I ended up switching between my PC and XBox 360.
I do think it would of been great if the game had a feature to be able to watch the others race, instead of the places they are in.

I broke to late, for the corner. I did the same in qualy and I think it could of been the same corner as well. Just need to do some pratices with full damage on, so I know how far I can push the car etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius View Post
all in all, I would say we definitely keep full damage on, along with the reduced flags.

as for the 75% - like I said before, it makes the race much more competitive and strategic, so I would up the distance to 75%.
I agree keep full damage and up to 75%.

Think I do some pratices for tomorrow in a bit

Xbox Live Gamertag: Gaz 7676
My blog: http://www.gaz7676.com/

Last edited by Crazy BigGaz; 10-15-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Crazy BigGaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #69
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy BigGaz View Post
No worries, I ended up switching between my PC and XBox 360.
I do think it would of been great if the game had a feature to be able to watch the others race, instead of the places they are in.
+1. This annoys me whenever I'm racing online, especially when it's just my brother and I (against AI). If one of us crash out, it's kind of boring. You get to watch the standings screen and try to get a "play by play" happening. lol. Would be good for editing purposes too, if you could select who to watch. Games like Shadowrun give you the ability to see from each member of your teams perspective, so I don't see why they can't offer this feature. Maybe next year?

Concerning these races, unfortunately I am rarely up at 7pm GMT, as it is very early in the morning for me. I don't mind making the effort on the weekend, but through the week I'll be snoozing!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #70
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
I don't mind making the effort on the weekend, but through the week I'll be snoozing!
You have your life all backwards i think

Looking forward to the race this weekend. So far I haven't done a single lap as practice for Malaysia and im not sure if i'll have time to, this week has been pretty hectic for me. But I am determined to remain on the podium so watch out homeslice's
Old 10-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #71
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
If anyone fancies a few races later on, just say.

My brother is playing at the moment then im going out for a bit, but will be back around 7 ish...

Old 10-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #72
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
This looks awesome, sign me up ASAP!

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #73
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
I will be on from around 6 if anyone wants a practice session.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #74
pined5551

Sould be on by then too. Did a couple of laps last night and did ok. Not sure how it'll be with a heavy fuel load. Was it more noticable at 75%?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #75
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
Sould be on by then too. Did a couple of laps last night and did ok. Not sure how it'll be with a heavy fuel load. Was it more noticable at 75%?
I would say so, the cars felt very very heavy the first few laps, but after a while you get used to it.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #76
Noddee 1984

Noddee 1984's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x13radx View Post
I would say so, the cars felt very very heavy the first few laps, but after a while you get used to it.
a strat comes in handy for this race like depends if it gona rain or not
Noddee 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #77
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
My wheel is still not fixed, so will be racing with my controller tonight. Damn it, absolutely hate racing with the controller...

EDIT: The problem with it is that when im going on a straight I can keep the wheel straight, however the car in-game will weave everywhere and I have very little control. It also keeps disconnecting even when power supply is connected.

Last edited by x13radx; 10-16-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #78
Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout's Gamercard
I finally get to race with you guys and my internet decides to die on me. Sorry and hopefully I can race next time if there's any space available.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #79
abspur

Alphamaniac89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Stupid game froze and kicked me out of the race. Probably revenge for the glitched time.

abspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #80
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
good race, as for the crashes:

since only 7 ppl. finished the race - we put abspur and myth at rank 8 and will award them with 4 points, same goes for whoever subbed in for hitman.

more details later.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #81
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Great race today guys;

I seemed to get a decent start and lead from start to finish. I put in a shift of extremely fast laps between laps 20-30 where I was setting my fastest laps;

My best was 1:36.500 or so I believe, maybe a bit faster, I dont remember exactly. Just glad I lapped everyone on track at least once.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #82
pined5551

Yeah, great race. I think i'll learn all the tracks now without the braking line so Brad doesn't have so much of a chance of escaping me like he did today again. I maintain that Brad is the better player due to the fact he doesnt use it. I think it was the same for everyone today, that the race line vanished. Lost so much time in the first 20 laps as a result. It wasn't until lap 23 that i put a time in close to what Brad was doing. I concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China
Old 10-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #83
x13radx

xi br4d ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, great race. I think i'll learn all the tracks now without the braking line so Brad doesn't have so much of a chance of escaping me like he did today again. I maintain that Brad is the better player due to the fact he doesnt use it. I think it was the same for everyone today, that the race line vanished. Lost so much time in the first 20 laps as a result. It wasn't until lap 23 that i put a time in close to what Brad was doing. I concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China
Yeah, once I realised I had the win in the bag, I set my engine to Cruise and just took it comfortably round the track. Like Noddee said that he was getting away from me, it was only because I had slowed myself down as I almost smashed out half-way through.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #84
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
YI concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China
I was quite annoyed, yes

like I said, I started the race on primes and took a lot of time off you - and just when I pitted in lap 32 and was getting ready to put on the options it started raining and I had to switch to intermediates, which caused me quite some trouble - I was spinning like a mofo...

good race, and soon - maybe not in china - but soon, my friend, I will beat you... I think I'm going to make this my objective for the season haha

Old 10-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #85
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
I actually think that was my best drive yet. Even though I only finished 7th.
By lap 5 I had been lapped twice by everyone, due to my racing line not being there I crashed off twice at the hairpin and lost my front wing.

From then on, it was just a matter of keeping the car on the track for the rest of the race as due to the times I could tell Crazy Biggaz was making mistakes a plenty.
I was posting consistent 1:46 times, which for me, without a racing line and on primes the whole race, was probably a good time. I was catching at what I'd think was 4-5 seconds per lap.

With about 15 laps left(I think) rain started to fall, but only gently. It started just as Daenius entered the pits and he switched to Intermediate tyres on the way down but this was eventually his downfall as the rain was very light, and didn't effect anyone until the last 2-3 laps.

By the end I had gotten my 2 laps back, and was only half the start/finish straight behind biggaz, however Brad, having lapped people went over the line before I got there and caused the race to end when we all got to the finish line.

Had the race gone on 1 lap longer, everything would've been different. Noddee had a puncture and had passed the pit lane, but struggled over the finish line. With the track wet at that point and with Pined and Daenius on Intermediates, they would surely have overtaken him. I would probably have overtaken Biggaz too. But it wasn't to be

Was a good race though, very tense in the last 2 laps or so!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #86
abspur

Alphamaniac89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Sounds like an exciting race near the end, shame the game froze as I could of achieved a decent place.

Oh well, roll on Shanghai next week

I actually really like the Sauber despite my original doubts, it is easy to control compared to my career Lotus or the Force India from my previous races.

abspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #87
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Gutted i missed another race, im not working next weekend, so i'll be back and fighting for the win
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #88
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Race and championship info updated in the first post.

Just to be sure:

abspur, MytH and Hitman (substitute Slowinfastout) will all be awarded 4pts because of connection issues.

Mr Dizzle and derektaylor didn't get any points because we couldn't find replacements for them (sorry guys).

I'm really hoping everybody can race next weekend, don't forget to post your preferred day.

Here's a pic of the final results (sorry about it being cropped, I didn't pay attention):

Missing at the bottom are abspur and Hitman's sub, Slowinfastout, who, as mentioned before, were also disqualified.

Last edited by daenius; 10-16-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #89
LFC2K6

LFC2K6's Gamercard
I'll be back with more poor race engineer impersonations on either day, it's all good for me!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #90
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
The race from my perspective:

Well, I was "fortunate" enough to have the qualifying time glitch on me, which put me into second, behind abspur x360a (who also had the time glitch). Would have preferred to start from the back truth be told, because I knew I wouldn't have the pace on this track. Also, first turn is scary at the front!

Anyway, the race begins, abspur and I get around the first turn alright. However, it doesn't take long for Brad to get in front. I only see him two times after this, when he is lapping me. lol. Coming up to the hairpin, Noddee is on my outside, I try to leave him space, but do not account for the extra weight of the car and give him a slight tap. Sorry! In second, but struggling with the car, Noddee quickly gets back into the action and overtakes me.

Next lap, back to the hairpin again. I make the same mistake and go off. Daenius overtakes. From here, we have a nice little battle for the next couple of laps, before Daenius has a spin. Now it's his turn to chase me. We have another tussle for 3 or 4 laps, though this time he comes out victorious. I end up in the gravel and both Daenius and Pined overtake me.

Pined was driving erratically to begin with, due to the lack of a racing line. Which meant I could actually keep up with him! The three of us (Pined, Daenius and I) were fighting amongst ourselves, with Brad and Noddee miles ahead. The next few laps remain close. I finally get past Pined when he loses traction on the turn up the hill. Unfortunately, a couple of turns later, my hard work is undone. In the gravel!

I slowly begin to track down Pined again. My race however, is about to be turned on its head. Rounding the second last corner, my front left tyre blows out. I was pushing too hard I guess. I amble to the pits, losing a lot of time. It is lap 15, my race strategy is out the window, I'm stuck in 5th. I remain in 5th for the rest of the race. It is quite an uneventful 30 odd laps, as most of the time I am alone. The top 4 occasionally pass by, lapping me.

I didn't really see LFC or Crazy BigGaz, though (by his commentary) LFC was fighting tooth and nail to catch Crazy BigGaz. abspur, Myth and Slowinfastout all have connection issues and are disconnected from the race. A shame, as it could have been very interesting had those 3 remained.

End of Race Summary.

Considering this is one of my worst tracks to race on, I am quite pleased with the result. Hopefully I can be more competitive in next weeks race.

Thanks for the race everyone. No real incidents, which is always good. Especially when full damage is enabled... Think I'll set my alarm next time, rather than stay up, as I am totally dead now. Going to have a major sleep in.

Last edited by Shelton; 10-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote