Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Final Fantasy XI
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
FAQs

This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and I'll edit the top post

Thanks for your help...

[INCLUDE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AS WELL]
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #2
Flea

Flea Sixty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   Member of the Month   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Score League, MVP, Season 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Any hints for levelling up faster?
Also any for getting a better weapon than this sodding onion sword?

lol

Even as a toddler Graf One k has issues

Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org

Read them.... apply them.
AOS Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
The Green Wing

ok so i am much prefering playing this on the 360 than i did on the PC but i was wondering if anyone knows if you can use a USB keyboard and plug it into the 360 and whether its a specific keyboard or if any usb will work.

Failing that does anyone know when the qwerty plug into controller keyboards are out in the UK? trying to play this game without one is a nightmare as there arent really any benefits to playing on 360 like group voice chat
Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
I'm using an old Logitech wireless keyboard and it works fine. As long as you use a name brand keyboard, you stand the best chance. The controller keyboards are already out but they won't work properly for FFXI as they lack certain keys like Ctrl and Alt.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
The Green Wing

hmm,what du need ctrl and alt for exactly?

also i just spent 4 hours grinding then remembered you need a signet to get any crystals

also my local game said the new xbox keyboards still arent available :S
Old 09-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Wing View Post
hmm,what du need ctrl and alt for exactly?

also i just spent 4 hours grinding then remembered you need a signet to get any crystals

also my local game said the new xbox keyboards still arent available :S
Ctrl and Alt cast your macros unless you plan on using your controller to cast macros.

Oh, you are in the UK, well they came out in the US on Sept. 4th :P

Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
Vita Ante Acta

Vive Ut Vivas's Gamercard
If I get this game for the PC and play it over the summer, can I use my same account when I get back to school and have my xbox?

Vita Ante Acta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
Aletdownofstate

Aletdownofstate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vita Ante Acta View Post
If I get this game for the PC and play it over the summer, can I use my same account when I get back to school and have my xbox?
Yes. I'm pretty much doing the same thing at the moment.

People with huge sigs' need to go die. You know who you are.
Aletdownofstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #10
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
If a roadmap...

My friend and I were debating as to what game would define being a 10 (hard) difficulty, and we both agreed that AVATAR: The Last Airbender would define a 1 (easy) difficulty.

There are some very tough games out there, but my friend says that Final Fantasy XI is a 10.
I haven't played this game despite the many difficult titles I have completed. So...

Question: If you wrote a roadmap for this game, what would be your rating for the difficulty?

Answers:
(I haven't played this game, and probably won't for a long time, but I'm interested for everyone to share their opinion.)

Thanks everyone.

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #11
RyuujinZero

Send a message via ICQ to RyuujinZero Send a message via AIM to RyuujinZero Send a message via Yahoo to RyuujinZero Send a message via Skype™ to RyuujinZero

RyuujinZero's Gamercard
The game would easily be a 15. Not just for difficulty, but because of the time required to actually complete every single achievement. This game is by far the longest and hardest 1000 (Extra 250 really isn't that difficult) on the Xbox 360. The only way this game would fit on the 1-10 difficulty chart is if you set up a curve that would change all 10s to 8s or 7s.

Ah, and the servers are shutting down soon, making getting any points on this game impossible. :P
RyuujinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #12
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuujinZero View Post
The game would easily be a 15. Not just for difficulty, but because of the time required to actually complete every single achievement. This game is by far the longest and hardest 1000 (Extra 250 really isn't that difficult) on the Xbox 360. The only way this game would fit on the 1-10 difficulty chart is if you set up a curve that would change all 10s to 8s or 7s.

Ah, and the servers are shutting down soon, making getting any points on this game impossible. :P
When are the servers shutting down? me and a friend were gonna buy this in a couple of hours :/

fuck sake

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 AM   #13
Ryot Control

Send a message via AIM to Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuujinZero View Post
Wait what? I was just about to pick up the complete collection for 15 bucks. That's only been out for like 9 months.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:47 AM   #14
Pocrage

Pocrage's Gamercard
The servers are not shutting down, they just merged some of the low population servers together. Also, they have content planed for the entire year, easily extending the life of this game for a few more years, IMO.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
Wolfgg

Wolfgame's Gamercard
yea this game isn't shutting down any time in the near future, theirs plenty of time to go out and start now and get every achievement, the problem is most people don't have that time, it's been said and I agree completely, this is the hardest game to achieve 100% on, without a doubt no other game holds a candle to it.

Lost Odyssey 100% (1100/1100)

Wolfgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #16
PasoLeaute

PasoLeaute's Gamercard
This is easily the hardest game to get 1000 on. I played it hardcore for 5 years on PC. I went through the achievement list to add up what I would have gotten if I was on 360 and it came to like 720 points.

~Paso
PasoLeaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #17
Alhanalem

Q: Can I unlock FFXI's achievements if I completed their requirements while playing on the PC or Playstation 2?

A: Yes you can. The only carveat is the "Gold Ballistar" achievement: You can still do it with this, but the achievement has to be unlocked within a week of earning it (have to speak to the title changer NPC with the key item in your key item list) or you will have to do it again. Other than that, it doesn't matter what platform you use while playing. You only have to be on the xbox to get the achievements added to your gamertag.
Alhanalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #18
waffle quiz

Waffle Quiz's Gamercard
I just started and was looking for advice on what my first task or goal should be? Do I just kill rabbits for the next 2 weeks lol?
waffle quiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #19
Millerslasthope

MillerAKAJ0K3R's Gamercard
Support Job Help

I recently made a brand new character just for the Achievements on XBOX 360. Not know i could just talk to a Bard to get them.
BUT i Just unlocked the Support Job ability with the new character and you know what i got??? NOTHING!!! Why?
If anyone can help solve this "Unsolved Mystery" for me it would be greatly appreciated!
Millerslasthope is offline   Reply With Quote