PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #61
macpride

xL3N1N's Gamercard
Hardcore mode is making this game more fun and challenging for me, and I've killed about 150 different enemies with guns, have about 4,500 damage towards the gun chievo, It all depends on what you're killing.

Most recent 1000/1000: Tony Hawks Pro Skater: Project 8
macpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #62
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is there a guide for the Globetrotter achievement? I had 4 globes, and sold them to Mr. House 2k caps each. Another 6000 caps would be nice to have

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=266985

Just in case, someone else needs it (:

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 10-20-2010 at 03:04 PM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #63
Jobbercho

Jobbercho's Gamercard
I did a rush play through with hardcore mode on, finished the game, but didn't get the achievement.
I did somehow skip/bypass some of the main quests though.
Jobbercho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #64
Comatose Jackal

Comatose Jackal's Gamercard
Are all the mission achievements mission based? I've been doin alot of the side missions and haven't recieved any achievements and i'm used to Fallout 3 where every mission no matter side or main was an achievement.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:31 AM   #65
Mikey1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comatose Jackal View Post
Are all the mission achievements mission based? I've been doin alot of the side missions and haven't recieved any achievements and i'm used to Fallout 3 where every mission no matter side or main was an achievement.
Does it even pay to do the side quests, being that they're not worth anything?
And also, just to clarify, if your playing Hardcore, does the difficulty reflect upon it? Like Is Hardcore "very easy" such a thing?
Mikey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #66
MHWeaver913

MHWeaver913's Gamercard
I've heard a couple of conflicting things about achievements being effected via difficulty.. Can you play on Hardcore/easy or just plain hard and get achievements? (I know you can only get the hardcore achievement if you play hardcore all the way through)
MHWeaver913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #67
Bones0nfire

Bones0nfire's Gamercard
Thumbs down

This game even on easy is harder than FO3 on Hard mode.
You shoot baddies and they don't go down.
Even with armor piercing ammo.

They need to patch this stuff immediately!!!!
Bones0nfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #68
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbercho View Post
I did a rush play through with hardcore mode on, finished the game, but didn't get the achievement.
I did somehow skip/bypass some of the main quests though.
What difficult setting were you on? You made sure to have hardcore on before you left the Doc's house right? I haven't tried it out myself but perhaps you do need to complete every mission? But at the same time I dunno why, I got The went that away achievement just by walking into the Vegas strip so perhaps it's a different factor?

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #69
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones0nfire View Post
This game even on easy is harder than FO3 on Hard mode.
You shoot baddies and they don't go down.
Even with armor piercing ammo.

They need to patch this stuff immediately!!!!
Are you guys really having difficult with the combat? Sheesh I was hoping that the DLC's would've been harder. Albeit I am playing on Normal but I like to play on normal. I completely obliterate everything I see. The only enemy that gave me any trouble (even when I was a lower level) were the deathclaws.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:21 AM   #70
cHRiSCOe

Chriscoe's Gamercard
How do you unlock the quest "How could you even care"? It may not be that exact name but something close to it. It has something to do with the brotherhood of steel because every time i blow that place up it says quest failed??
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #71
ascnimbles

asc I Nimbles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
does the hardcore chhev unlock after finishing any story ending or do you have to finish them all just wondering cause im doing the yes man approach which seems to be progressing quite quickly just wondering if i have to do every ending first?

ascnimbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #72
Derray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHRiSCOe View Post
How do you unlock the quest "How could you even care"? It may not be that exact name but something close to it. It has something to do with the brotherhood of steel because every time i blow that place up it says quest failed??
I believe that has to do with Veronica, while your traveling with her during these missions she will say she feels she needs to go home and try and sort stuff out and then the quest will activate
Derray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #73
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Prewar Books & Scrap Metal- still worth saving?

For those of you that played Fallout 3 you will remember the prewar books were worth XP points when you turned them in to a certain character as was the scrap metal.

Does the same hold true for New Vegas? I'm only about 2 hrs into the game and find this stuff everywhere so I'm collecting and putting them away with the hopes that they are worth XP/caps down the road.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #74
cHRiSCOe

Chriscoe's Gamercard
OK i found out the real names of the quests im failing when I do this.

"Eyesight to the blind" and "I could make you care"

Is that one still a veronica quest because i have her as a companion but she didn't give me any quest???

Will failing these quests prohibit me from getting any achievements because if they dont I'M NOT DOING THEM! haha
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #75
Baron Chronus

why isnt there a guide for the achievements yet?
Baron Chronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #76
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Chronus View Post
why isnt there a guide for the achievements yet?
Plenty, just open your eyes and don't be too lazy.

--> Achievement Guide by Monstor

-->
Achievement Guide by Tracker 4502
Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #77
demphra

so you guys know any locations with hackable terminals. i could barely find any.
demphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #78
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by demphra View Post
so you guys know any locations with hackable terminals. i could barely find any.
Another one, hehe. Check this thread:

--> Best Places for Terminals Thread

Have fun.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 AM   #79
leeloo

Pinkunoichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Hardcore - got screwed out of the achievement, didn't touch hardcore mode but i did change difficulty setting from hard-normal to easy a few times. have heard that this may cause the achievement to glitch.

the achievement will pop up right after the ending, before the montage. it popped up on hardcore + normal for my guy, he didn't change difficulty setting so definitely something to do with that.
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #80
TentacleMayor

I think the 'You run barter town' achievement may be glitched or poorly described. You're supposed to sell a certain number of caps worth of goods, but I got it as I was buying things.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #81
AwareTheLegend

AwareTheLegend8's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TentacleMayor View Post
I think the 'You run barter town' achievement may be glitched or poorly described. You're supposed to sell a certain number of caps worth of goods, but I got it as I was buying things.
I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with your barter skill. I personally got mine while selling weapons to a vendor.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #82
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwareTheLegend View Post
I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with your barter skill. I personally got mine while selling weapons to a vendor.
If I remember correctly the achievement is actually for doing 10k caps worth of business with a vendor. So between selling and buying I think they go together. Either way, spending 10k caps is cake...

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #83
BurningBlaze21

Send a message via Skype™ to BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHWeaver913 View Post
I've heard a couple of conflicting things about achievements being effected via difficulty.. Can you play on Hardcore/easy or just plain hard and get achievements? (I know you can only get the hardcore achievement if you play hardcore all the way through)
I finished Hardcore/very easy about two days ago and got the achievement so this is possible, but I have also heard things just like you about difficulty affecting it, all I did was strictly the main story.

Playing the game on HARD difficulty will not get you any achievement nor will it get you and extra experience per kill or quest or anything, it just makes the game more difficult. You can get acheivements on any difficulty.

50,000 gamerscore reached: Friday April 9th, 2010
BurningBlaze21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #84
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHRiSCOe View Post
OK i found out the real names of the quests im failing when I do this.

"Eyesight to the blind" and "I could make you care"

Is that one still a veronica quest because i have her as a companion but she didn't give me any quest???

Will failing these quests prohibit me from getting any achievements because if they dont I'M NOT DOING THEM! haha
Neither of those quests are achievement related. For some reason i think the second one is a Veronica quest but i could be wrong. Eyesight to the Blind is a Brotherhood of Steel quest that you get in "Hidden Valley" and is a potential shoot off of the main story if you want to keep the Brotherhood Chapter in New Vegas around.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #85
BurningBlaze21

Maliicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
What difficult setting were you on? You made sure to have hardcore on before you left the Doc's house right? I haven't tried it out myself but perhaps you do need to complete every mission? But at the same time I dunno why, I got The went that away achievement just by walking into the Vegas strip so perhaps it's a different factor?
When it asks you for the first time if you want to play on hardcore mode say yes, if you dont you cannot unlock the achievement. Also once you have it on hardcore people seem to be having issues unlocking the achievement but they have also stated they changed the difficulty, but still left hardcore on so the best thing to do there is NOT change the difficulty...

Also you dont need to do every mission, just the main story missions, i accomplished my rush through in 5 hours, its really not terribly difficult.

sorry for so many posts in a row, just trying to help where i can!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #86
Fraser Simpson

Dizzay Rascal's Gamercard
Quote:
No, it's buying AND selling things but you have to accept a transaction for it to take effect.
Fraser Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #87
Rectal Exambot

ProctologyRobot's Gamercard
I found combat against armored guys hard on my hardcore playthough (I was like, 100 SPEECH LOLOLOOL and had about 40 in guns).

Now I had lots of trouble with armored guys, but then I pulled out my Tri-beam laser or Y25x (or whatever the unique guass rifle is called) and kill Deathclaws in 2 hits.

Edit: I can't believe there is no achievement for killing each of the 4 legendary creatures...
Rectal Exambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #88
W1cked Seraph

W1cked Seraph's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW LV View Post
For those of you that played Fallout 3 you will remember the prewar books were worth XP points when you turned them in to a certain character as was the scrap metal.

Does the same hold true for New Vegas? I'm only about 2 hrs into the game and find this stuff everywhere so I'm collecting and putting them away with the hopes that they are worth XP/caps down the road.
There are two places to turn in scrap metal. one only gives you rep with a faction and another place u can turn it in for bank. nothing on pre war books this time though. once you get to exploring and looking around you will see that there are HUNDREDS of pre war books laying around

" It is said that such a bright light emanates from them that nothing, not even other angelic beings, can look upon them."
W1cked Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #89
predator ross

predator ross's Gamercard
This game looks amazing!, i loved fallout 3 and i cannot wait to get this for chrstmas
predator ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #90
Revolver

Send a message via AIM to Revolver Send a message via MSN to Revolver

RevolverOcl2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Literally just finished the game for the first time and I have to say that I was very pleased with the ending. I went along with Mr. House and all the companion endings were awesome. Great game!
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote