PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Vanquish
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
1mpr3gn4t0r

Which three guns do you carry?

Which three guns (pre-order guns dno't work for me) do you usually carry or recommend carrying?

A lot of people seem to like the Assault Rifle, but I've found it to be a bit weak and personally I prefer the Heavy Machine Gune. There isn't much use in carrying both is there?

Even a fully upgraded lock on lasers didn't seem to do much damage for me. I didn't get to fully upgrade the rocket launcher on my playthrough but I understand that you get to carry way more than 3? Then perhaps it could be handy to have.

LFE and disc launcher didn't seem to do enough damage for me, may be I needed to have upgraded them or I wasn't using them properly?

Especially for my Hard playthrough, what do you recommend or what did you take for your Hard/God Hard playthrough?

Cheers.
1mpr3gn4t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
on hard i have heavy machinegun upgraded between 8 to 10 assault rifle which has 1-2 upgrade and rocket launcher 1-2 upgrade these seem pretty good in all levels, im on double vipers now so soon the end
Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Assault Rifle, Heavy Machine Gun, and Disc Launcher. The DL I never use as a gun, but the melee move on it is awesome, and you can really spam it. Particularly useful on Romanov's, the Unknown, and those Viper things.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
RuYi

Location: It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

Westraid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Assault Rifle, Heavy Machine Gun, and the Disc Launcher, but I'll probably change it for another weapon, as I don't like it too much.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Assault Rifle, Heavy Machine Gun, and Disc Launcher. The DL I never use as a gun, but the melee move on it is awesome, and you can really spam it. Particularly useful on Romanov's, the Unknown, and those Viper things.
Please can you confirm that if you meele with the DL, you do not overheat?

Thanks
the action frampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
Maxram0

Maxram0's Gamercard
max lvl Assault rifle for my usual needs of killing with 1200 rounds plus good distance, if u aim for the head there dead in a few rounds
max lvl shotgun for the bosses, AR mode+pointblank = crystal viper dead in 16-20 shots, takes like a min to kill
for the 3rd, whatever, if its a hard boss, than rocket launcher, but its its multiple Romanov its LFE gun just to give myself space, tho oddly i defeated Burns with a sniper rifle on hard :s

i dont use melee very often, but i use the slide kick+ar for the kills just for fun, and for stuff like the "unknown" use ar with assault rifle, then emp grenade with assault rifle and to fin emp with assault rifles melee attack, where u button bash the B button to get to multi punch combo, totally sweet end

FYI the disk launcher is the only weapon that allows you to use melee without overheat

Last edited by Maxram0; 10-26-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Maxram0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
rapture23

MusicIsRapture's Gamercard
Heavy machine gun, assault rifle, and missile launcher. So i have what i need for any situation.
I'm older than I feel, and younger than I look.

Endorphin Rush
Opium Dreams and Sweet Denial
rapture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
NemesisTheory

Send a message via MSN to NemesisTheory

NemesisTheory's Gamercard
Heavy Machine Gun for when things get hairy up close, Assault Rifle for better accuracy on distant targets and LFE or Rocket Launcher to get me out of a bind quick and fast.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Heavy Machinegun for general goons - once it's fully upgraded, it's got good enough accuracy to tag remote targets. Disk-launcher mostly for meele, but it's also good against groups, since the discs bounce around a lot.

The last one depends on the situation. Usually a Rocketlauncher if I can find one, for dealing with the really big stuff - and no, you never get to carry more than 3 rockets. Upgrades just increase damage and reduce lock-on time. If there's lots of remote enemies, I'll pick up a sniper-rifle instead. Otherwise, I'll just take whatever I can find to suit the situation. Multi-Lockon-Laser is nice for dealing with multiple foes at long range, since it's accurate and doesn't require you to pop out of cover for more than a second or two... LED gun for dealing with groups closing in on you, assault-rifle for backup if you're running out of Heavy Machinegun ammo, Shotgun for dealing with heavies and bosses in close combat...

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by the action frampton View Post
Please can you confirm that if you meele with the DL, you do not overheat?

Thanks
Yes, that is correct. You can just bash away with it over and over. Very useful.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #11
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
All fully upgraded:

- Aussault Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
- LFE

On every difficulty.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Heavy Machinegun, Assault Rifle and Sniper/Rocket Launcher for the win, of course all on maximum level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Assault Rifle, Pumpgun, Heavy Machine Gun...maxed them out in the middle of the game on hard. I revive many comrads so you got many weapons/grenades in exchange. If one guy get down 5 times you get 5 upgrades if he drops the weapon you want and you find all of these 3 weapons many times in this game.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
RAzBlaDe

RAZBLADE live's Gamercard
I am using the heavy machine gun, the assault rifle and change the last slot depending on the situation, sniper rifle or rocket launcher, whatever i can find. the only drawback is that the "swap"weapon ist not maxed out... but i am only at chapter 2-3. It sounds good to use the disk launcher, especially because you can do more melee attacks without overheating.
RAzBlaDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAzBlaDe View Post
I am using the heavy machine gun, the assault rifle and change the last slot depending on the situation, sniper rifle or rocket launcher, whatever i can find. the only drawback is that the "swap"weapon ist not maxed out... but i am only at chapter 2-3. It sounds good to use the disk launcher, especially because you can do more melee attacks without overheating.
only problem with disk launcher's melee attack is, that you can be attacked and canceled before afflicting the maximum of damage. During a "real" melee attack you are invulnerable even if it is a very small time window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Assault Rifle
Heavy Machinegun
Shotgun

All fully upgraded
FiReStOrM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #17
reinachii

ReinaChii's Gamercard
sniper, rocket and heavy =D
reinachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:15 AM   #18
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just started using these:

Assault Rifle
Shotgun
Disk Launcher

The Disk Launcher IMO isn't very good even when fully upgraded, but that free melee is great. Also a lot better when upgraded. Shotgun is unmatched at close ranges.
FiReStOrM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #19
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have the preorder guns, so the three I used most were HMG, AR, and Laser Cannon. The HMG is easiest to upgrade because it seems like its drops more than the other guns, plus it does really good damage. The AR has range and accuracy, plus its large ammo capacity makes up for lack of damage. It also seems to drop alot as well. The laser cannon is a beast and you dont have to worry about ammo as it uses your suits power.

For you I would definalty use the HMG and AR. As your third weapon I would go shotgun or disk launcher. Both of these are good for close quarter combat. The disk launcher is great for melee attacks because it uses ammo rather than your suits power, so you can rush 2 or 3 RIs and melee all three, whereas with your suit after one melee attack it overheats.

*EDIT*

Just a side note, it is important to know what you are up against as some weapons far better than others against certain opponents and in certain circumstances. When I ended my first playthrough on Hard I had all weapons fully upgraded. So even if you use a standard loadout, it is easy to still pick up weapons and upgrade them, then swap back to your loadout before leaving a stage.

Last edited by ExtremeRugburn; 11-08-2010 at 10:32 PM.
ExtremeRugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #20
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
Machine Gun, Heavy Machine Gun and then either the Sniper Rifle or Rocket Launcher depending on situations.

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #21
Seven ICARUS

Seven ICARUS's Gamercard
Fully upgraded Anti-armor Pistol. Insane damage really, as in "go on, eat the damn wood pie or the space beaver gets it"-insane. It kills anything and everything the games throws at you on medium.

Fully upgraded Assault Rifle. Loads of ammo and decent damage.

Rocket Launcher or Sniper Rifle depending on the situation, I mostly favor the RL though.
Seven ICARUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #22
Green Day Rock

TTK STEEL's Gamercard
Heavy machine gun, LFE gun and rocket launcher
A fully upgraded LFE is the best in the game imo, you can stay behind cover and spam it. The lock on laser i use a lot as well, and i would replace the rocket launcher when i run out of ammo
Green Day Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #23
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
beat hard last night finally after taking a long break. i used the HMG, Assault rifle, and any 3rd i felt would help. i think i slept on the lfe im reading posts where people says its pretty good. HMG and assault did it for me though.
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #24
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I carry the heavy machine gun and the assault rifle - my third weapon is constantly changing depending on what I find and the situation.

161 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #25
kgould01

Send a message via Yahoo to kgould01 Send a message via Skype™ to kgould01

FP x SNUBKILLER's Gamercard
the heavy machine gun and sniper are the ones i use most.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #26
wormz666

wormzatan's Gamercard
Assault rifle for basic enemies, heavy machine gun for bosses and tougher guys and third one I switch between rocket launcher and sniper rifle.
wormz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #27
Fat Grover

Fat Grover's Gamercard
Assault Rifle, Heavy Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher...

But I may switch RL for DL to melee like crazy...
100% - 3D Ultra Minigolf, Backyard Football 2010, Call of Duty BO, Call of Duty MW, Call of Duty MW2, Dash of Destruction, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Dig Dug, Fable II, Fight Night 3, Fruit Ninja, Gears of War 2, GH: Aerosmith, Golf: TIU, Harm's Way, Madden NFL 11, NCAA Football 07, NCAA: MM 07, Open Season, TMNT, Trenched, Worms, X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fat Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #28
TailSwallower

TailSwallower's Gamercard
On my first playthrough it was usually AR, Sniper and whatever-else-I-could-find, leaning towards the Rocket Launcher. The shotgun seemed crap at first, but after I saw people raving about it it became a mainstay on my second playthrough.

I still don't get why everyone seems to go for the Heavy Machinegun - it just seems too much like the AR to be worth the other slot.
TailSwallower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #29
THUGGEDOUT

THUGGEDOUT1's Gamercard
Assault rifle, Heavy machine gun and Rocket launcher seem to be working out the best for me at them moment...

"Mr. Mojo Rising!! "

THUGGEDOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #30
lineyscumbag

Lineyscumbag's Gamercard
Didn't think much of the shotgun until i maxed out the upgrades. I can't hit shit at long range so I love the awesome damage it does close in. Found myself leaving the AR behind a lot and just using the HMG, as I said can't shoot to straight so reduced accuracy compared to the AR didn't matter. As with most on the thread, third slot was "horses for courses" either what was needed for the situation or just case of whatever is left and pile it on. Lock on laser is a fave -A bit week on the damage front but loads of fun to use. We'll see if my views change on a harder run through.
lineyscumbag is offline   Reply With Quote