PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #31
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Make a different guide with the videos of each track on a completely different thread. Then just link that thread where needed. I did this with my Lara Croft Guardian of Light guide if you want to see an example of how to utilize it, though I used several threads.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #32
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant4eva View Post
Don't worry if it was Teflonso as your team mate, it will be a fine only, but if it was Hamilton as your team mate. Well it could be a 5 gird drop, points taken off or a life time ban. Plus the fine.

As for the 1-2 finish I don't know. My first season Trulli never finish higher than 22nd, well once he managed 17th and thats because there was 7 DNF. My second season team mate is Vettel and he has only managed a 3rd. He mostly finishs 5th or 6th. Which is strange, as the real Vettel only finishs 5th or 6th if he is on pole.
Yeah, now I am regretting it because Button is driving like crap even though we have the best cars. He is mostly 7-10th and the only other time he got up to second he got a 10 second penalty so I still didn't get the achievement.

Why the hell did the team get rid of Hamilton instead of Button
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #33
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Hey guys,

for the rank 50 acihevement.. do you actually get points in the "pole position" mode?

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 AM   #34
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've added the new expert method to the guide. Also, changed the "Nifty 50" guide. I've changed the overall time to fit with this. I however, need to confirm the amount of XP you can get, so if someone wants to help me out, I'd appreciate it. I will allow you to win against me for 30 minutes to an hour, to check how much XP can be gained using this method.

Contact me if interested.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #35
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Guide is pretty darn good IMO. Great strategy for World champion, I'll be starting on it 2marrow for sure. Do you know the exact amount of XP you get for completing certain tasks in MP? I've tried to figure it out but haven't had much luck as of yet.

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #36
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerktm View Post
Guide is pretty darn good IMO. Great strategy for World champion, I'll be starting on it 2marrow for sure. Do you know the exact amount of XP you get for completing certain tasks in MP? I've tried to figure it out but haven't had much luck as of yet.
Cheers.

Codemasters haven't been very forthcoming with information in regards to XP totals. I've asked on their official forums, but no response from their representatives. Nor has any player been able to answer with certainty. Mark, who came up with the boosting method (Nifty 50), said you could get 1000-1400 per race. I think you must get more for having less assists on, though it doesn't mention this in the instruction booklet, where the rest of the XP information comes from.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #37
ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper's Gamercard
With regards to the XP totals, if you are using the method of 2 people and 10 legend AI then the winner gets ~1820 XP and 2nd gets ~1450 XP.
From testing this last week the only thing that affects XP is the AI difficulty, the higher it is the more XP you get. Simulation settings, assists & number of laps make no difference.
So the best way to get XP is 1 lap races with rules & collisions off, whatever assists you want and the shortest track, Canada (with shortcuts) or Brazil.
Doing a 19 race session like this takes about 50 minutes and taking turns to win gets both players ~31000 XP.
Using this method last Wednesday we got about 220,000 XP, then on Sunday it was closer to 300,000 XP.

ARC Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #38
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Trooper View Post
With regards to the XP totals, if you are using the method of 2 people and 10 legend AI then the winner gets ~1820 XP and 2nd gets ~1450 XP.
From testing this last week the only thing that affects XP is the AI difficulty, the higher it is the more XP you get. Simulation settings, assists & number of laps make no difference.
So the best way to get XP is 1 lap races with rules & collisions off, whatever assists you want and the shortest track, Canada (with shortcuts) or Brazil.
Doing a 19 race session like this takes about 50 minutes and taking turns to win gets both players ~31000 XP.
Using this method last Wednesday we got about 220,000 XP, then on Sunday it was closer to 300,000 XP.

Thank you. Fixed the guide. Getting to level 50 doesn't seem so intimidating now. 35 hours is nothing compared to what we originally thought; 150 hours minimum...

I would say this guide is very close to complete. As always, if there are any mistakes, please point them out to me. Also, if anything is unclear, let me know.

Thanks to everyone who has assisted with the guide. I hope it helps.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #39
uaeakuma

odragon slayero's Gamercard
Thanks 4 the guide
its much easier 4 me than the other 1
uaeakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #40
LuizNazario

Assassin R9's Gamercard
Great guide! Thank you very much for clearing some things up for me.
LuizNazario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #41
uaeakuma

odragon slayero's Gamercard
for the rain achievement
how many laps should I do to get to 20% distance
uaeakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #42
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaeakuma View Post
for the rain achievement
how many laps should I do to get to 20% distance
When selecting race distance, it will literally say 20%.

It starts at 1 lap on the race distance selection, next is 3 laps, 10%, 20% etc. Keep pressing across until you see 20%.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #43
DarkMellow

MajorDarkM3llow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post

True racer25
Win a single player race with all driver aids switched off

My suggestion is to drive at Montreal, as it is a very short (and easy) track. Go to Grand Prix mode, turn all the assists off and change the distance to one lap. Difficulty on easy, flashback limit 4 and either Redbull, Mclaren or Ferrari as your team. Refer to "World Champion - Expert" for advice on driving without aids.

Just to confirm, the alternate method in "World Champion - Expert" DOES NOT work with this achievement, as I've tried, came pole possition with 1 lap on Istanbul and b4 I finished race I switched everything back won the race and didn't pop

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarkMellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #44
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMellow View Post
Just to confirm, the alternate method in "World Champion - Expert" DOES NOT work with this achievement, as I've tried, came pole possition with 1 lap on Istanbul and b4 I finished race I switched everything back won the race and didn't pop

Well, if you follow what I wrote for the achievement, you'll unlock it. I didn't mean to imply that the expert trick would work for that achievement. What I meant was, look at the expert guide for tips on controlling the car without traction control, etc.

Last edited by Shelton; 10-17-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #45
DarkMellow

MajorDarkM3llow's Gamercard
Quote:

Well, if you follow what I wrote for the achievement, you'll unlock it. I didn't mean to imply that the expert trick would work for that achievement. What I meant was, look at the expert guide for tips on controlling the car without traction control, etc.
Well I just thought I'd try it to make this a bit easier but obviously just can't be that easy

Edit:

For those struggling with True Racer achievement I found a set up from another forum which has helped me get the achievement and would like to share this set up. This was done on Montreal track 1 lap, use practise and qualifier to get used to set up. CREDIT GOES TO Nestroit FOR POSTING THE ORIGINAL SET UP.

Car
McLaren (1:26:180)
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 2
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 1
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox - Don't Change Anything Here!
Gear 1: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by DarkMellow; 10-17-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Don't want to double post.
DarkMellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #46
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMellow View Post
Well I just thought I'd try it to make this a bit easier but obviously just can't be that easy
To be fair, it would make sense, considering how the expert trick works. It's only one lap though and you have the 4 flashbacks, shouldn't be too hard to win.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #47
MacBain

einarn's Gamercard
Nice guide, thanks
MacBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #48
evileyeperry

online Nifty 50

Races
*Finishing in the top 10.
*Completing a lap without incident (no crashes)
*Completing a lap

To set up a boosting match, go to multiplayer and create a session. Set it to private and invite your friend.
You can change all of the simulation settings and alter the race distance. The quickest way to boost, is to set up a 19 race season (all at Montreal), one lap, ten legendary AI, collisions and flags off. Take turns winning, making sure to finish 1-2. Cut corners to make it easier. You should be able to get 30,000-31,000 XP per hour following this method.

You can check your total XP on the leaderboard.

So which online race mode is this? In custom GP I cannot find an option to add in additional AI cars and can only set it for me and one friend.

which online game mode enables AI cars with you?

evileyeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #49
amacteur
Flying bird

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Do you have to restart from scratch a new career to do the expert glitch, or can you do that when starting 3rd or 4th year for example?

2013, a year in the sky: Roll on 2014!
amacteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #50
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileyeperry View Post
So which online race mode is this? In custom GP I cannot find an option to add in additional AI cars and can only set it for me and one friend.

which online game mode enables AI cars with you?
It is custom GP. What you do, is select the "available slots" and the option to add AI cars will come up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
Do you have to restart from scratch a new career to do the expert glitch, or can you do that when starting 3rd or 4th year for example?
You do not need to restart.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #51
amacteur
Flying bird

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
It is custom GP. What you do, is select the "available slots" and the option to add AI cars will come up.

You do not need to restart.
Thx for your fast reply Shelton.

So, basically when starting season 3, I just need to do that from 1st race till the last one, and I'm done?

Old 10-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #52
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
Thx for your fast reply Shelton.

So, basically when starting season 3, I just need to do that from 1st race till the last one, and I'm done?
No problem. Exactly right. When the new season begins, set the first race to expert. Every subsequent race will automatically be on expert, as long as you change the assists back during the race. The achievement will pop after the last race of the season, if you win the championship.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #53
amacteur
Flying bird

amacteur's Gamercard

Quote:
No problem. Exactly right. When the new season begins, set the first race to expert. Every subsequent race will automatically be on expert, as long as you change the assists back during the race. The achievement will pop after the last race of the season, if you win the championship.
Thx, sounds perfect. I'll have to work on this after my 2nd season. I hope it won't be too damn hard with AI on legendary

Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #54
MikeeP84

MikeeP84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vithzeral View Post
This because "top team" is defined as in the top 3 in the constructors championship, so meeting your starting teams objective will also pop "Big One" if your team is top 3 at the end of the season. The way to make sure you get "Team Leader","Big One", and "Hot Property" all in the first season is:

- make sure you choose your toughest rival
- don't sign a new contract until after the last race
- win the drivers championship; this will guarantee you a minimum 3rd in the constructors even if your teammate gets no points, and giving "Big One"
- at the end of the season you are automatically number one on your team and get "Team Leader" even though you havent signed a contract yet
- now sign with one of the teams above you for "Hot Property" (you will always be offered at least one of these - whichever one your rival was with )

One thing I should mention; I don't know what would happen with "Hot Property" if you won every race and finished first in the constructors championship; there wouldn't be a team above you. It wasn't an issue for me as I only clinched over Hamilton in the last race, winning by 21 points.
I've won the drivers and constructors title 4 years on the trot but haven't unlocked the big one achievement. Not sure why, do you need to be the number one driver at your team?
MikeeP84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #55
HKKspawn

HKKspawn's Gamercard
Great guide...

I´m looking for someone to boot the multiplayer achiviements in GFWL...
HKKspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #56
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide man, good work.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #57
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeeP84 View Post
I've won the drivers and constructors title 4 years on the trot but haven't unlocked the big one achievement. Not sure why, do you need to be the number one driver at your team?
If you have won it 4 years in a row, shouldn't you already be the number one driver? AFAIK, whether you are the number one or two driver doesn't matter. It's possible that this achievement is just glitchy. Keep trying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKKspawn View Post
Great guide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGART View Post
Thanks for the guide man, good work.
Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #58
uk most hated

uk most hated's Gamercard
i cant get 'the big one' achievement to unlock

ive won the drivers and constructors title in season 2 and 3 with red bull and ferrari, but it still wont unlock

any ideas? or is it bugged?
uk most hated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #59
mdnazmi

Hey shelton i just wanna know if i could off the autosave and try to get the world champion expert?because when im doing practice, qualifying or race i change the assist to whatever is easiest for me and when im done i cant change the difficulty to expert back but to custom.maybe if i finish the race and change back to expert mode and save it myself would it work?? thanks!
mdnazmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #60
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnazmi View Post
Hey shelton i just wanna know if i could off the autosave and try to get the world champion expert?because when im doing practice, qualifying or race i change the assist to whatever is easiest for me and when im done i cant change the difficulty to expert back but to custom.maybe if i finish the race and change back to expert mode and save it myself would it work?? thanks!
Hey mate, when you start the race weekend, set it to expert. All assists will be off. If you then pause and change the ones you want, it will change to custom. However, if you change the assists back to what they originally were, it will switch to expert. It will say it up top, so you will know when the settings are correct.

Doing it the other way (turning off autosave) is unconfirmed, so do it at your own risk.