PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 AM   #91
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
*Bitches about how the topic the quote in my signature is from is now deleted*

You're no fun moderators.

It was just another bitching topic about, *GASP* Quick Scoping not being possible, which could have easily gone in this thread and was attracting aggression and whatnot, but still... The deletion was well justified and I saw it coming, but I also hoped it would stay and be overlooked...

OT: I have nothing really to bitch about for this game, or at least for now. I only played online for about an hour, and it's been a blast.

TumblrAnime ListHummingbirdYouTube
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4181-2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
from the getcko
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #92
Phate LLD

Phate LLD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
*Bitches about how the topic the quote in my signature is from is now deleted*

You're no fun moderators.

It was just another bitching topic about, *GASP* Quick Scoping not being possible, which could have easily gone in this thread and was attracting aggression and whatnot, but still... The deletion was well justified and I saw it coming, but I also hoped it would stay and be overlooked...

OT: I have nothing really to bitch about for this game, or at least for now. I only played online for about an hour, and it's been a blast.
Was the smart move in my opinion by the mods. I've seen four or five threads pertaning to this topic just relegate themselves to flame wars. This forum definately needs some cleaning up, good job mods.

Coincidentally I was just about to bitch about the bitching and flaming going on in this forum (yes there's irony here).
Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #93
Yaeven

Abjeyord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgisme View Post
The infinite spawns in the corridor in chapter 3 (and everywhere else) is a huge pain in the ass, and your AI partners ALWAYS have to plant their ass at every corner leaving the middle of every open area the only place to shoot from.

After getting frustrated and deciding to go to hardened difficulty and revisit veteran, I found that while veteran is undeniably frustrating at parts, hardened is just embarrassingly easy throughout.

Bullets seem to track around corners a bit, and the AI partners are useless for help in a firefight. The only time the AI bails me out is when someone runs straight for them.

Having to break certain planes of the level in order for the AI to move forward is annoying, and renders them even more useless as you're forced to charge the front lines alone.

All this from the single player as I have yet to touch the multi-player, pretty scared of what awaits me.
Would you say the single player is harder than CoD4 or WaW?
Yaeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #94
fastNcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVagoo View Post
2) Friendly AI if anything is equally as bad as it ever was, if not worse.....They are notorious for running right by enemies and ignoring them just like in World at War.
5) Forcing people to play against infinite enemies with shitty friendly AI ....
Thank you for confirming my fears. All my friends kept trying to convince me to get BO, saying it will be better than WaW. Everything I've seen gave me the sense that Treyarch hasn't learned anything. I am glad I trusted my own gut and didn't listen to others. I personally believe its hard for people to change, and Treyarch will keep making the same types of games as long as the same people are there. I absolutely hated WaW. I wanted to like BO, but as each gameplay video came out, the game more and more resembled WaW, and less and less of CoD4 or MW2.

I am eagerly awaiting next year's CoD game. Whoever takes up the mantle will at least provide us with something fresh.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #95
Tgisme

Send a message via MSN to Tgisme

Tgisme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaeven View Post
Would you say the single player is harder than CoD4 or WaW?
In my opinion, it's easier than both in general, but with many more two or three minute parts that will make you pull your hair out.
Tgisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #96
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Veteran single player is the worst CoD experience since CoD 3. Treyarch utterly sucks at making games.

Infinite spawn again? I can't believe you guys went back in time and now EVERY damn soldier infinite spawns again!

The AI is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. They stand still, they even turn their backs to the enemy and keep looking at you! They ALWAYS stand in front of you wanting to be killed or just blocking your view / fire.

Checkpoints are incredibly unbalanced. Chapter 3 corridor is a perfect example. You have to pass 2 rooms before getting into the infinite spawn corridor, then you have to get past it before another save comes. And on other parts you kill one or two enemies and get another checkpoint.

The hill on chapter 4 is even worse than this corridor. Took me AGES to figure out I had to use the barrels. And yet again we have infinite spawn, godly aim for all enemies and crappy AI that does nothing.

I don't know why I always get the CoDs Treyarch make, it's always the same, a huge pile of crap compared to Infinity Ward.

If you are planning to finish this on veteran, prepare to get SERIOUSLY frustrated.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #97
darkXhawk

muffinhunter 32's Gamercard
Headquaters Mode pisses me off

I would rather unlock my weapons instead of unlock the option to buy them.

I would rather unlock new emblems every once in a while rather than make my own.

Contracts seem pointless.

The RC Cars should not be able to climb stairs.

www.myspace.com/nmcjudo
darkXhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #98
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

Enemies shouldn't be able to infinitely respawn anywhere, in the campaign, anytime X.X

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #99
fastNcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Veteran single player is the worst CoD experience since CoD 3. Treyarch utterly sucks at making games.
I don't know why I always get the CoDs Treyarch make, it's always the same, a huge pile of crap compared to Infinity Ward.

If you are planning to finish this on veteran, prepare to get SERIOUSLY frustrated.
CoD:WaW was the only game I've played where I got so frustrated (because of infinite spawns, dumb friendly AIs, precise enemy grenades, etc.) that I literally felt like breaking the disc. And the reason why I am not getting BO. Sure, I'll probably spend more time in multiplayer than campaign if I did get the game, but I can't justify supporting the stupidity and ignorance of developers that can't learn.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #100
fastNcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkXhawk View Post
The RC Cars should not be able to climb stairs.
Are you serious?!?!?! The RC car killstreak can climb stairs? WTF. I wonder if the car that came with the prestige edition can, too....
Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #101
Phate LLD

Phate LLD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
Are you serious?!?!?! The RC car killstreak can climb stairs? WTF. I wonder if the car that came with the prestige edition can, too....
The size of the stairs would have to be smaller than the wheels so yeah the rc car won't be able to climb stairs in real life unless you have dog stairs that are spaced so goddamn close together ._.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #102
Ryvuk17

Ka1ELofKrypton's Gamercard
adjusting from reach to ops is...difficult. Damn you shooter games, why can't you all have the same button layout!!!!!!
Ryvuk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #103
Pieville

Pieville's Gamercard
I've hardly played BO, I played at my mates house and he doesn't have online but form what I saw the maps aren't too good and the spawn points are broken.
All the weapons have been dimmed down, such as snipers are a piece of shit and most guns including LMG have pretty much the same accuracy.

Though the one thing I love is the Ballistic Knife, it's so fucking awesome!!!
Pieville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #104
NaK Quinn

Quinn351 SVT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
The graphics are absolutly horrible.
NaK Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #105
LockRobster

soulhunter100's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
What the hell is hardscoping?
Hardscoping is when your say, camping at the end of a corridor waiting for someone to come out of a door at the other end, already scoped and ready to pull the trigger when he/she pops round. Frustrating sometimes, but ya just gotta learn playing styles and avoid them or kill them otherwise
LockRobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #106
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Thank you for confirming my fears. All my friends kept trying to convince me to get BO, saying it will be better than WaW. Everything I've seen gave me the sense that Treyarch hasn't learned anything. I am glad I trusted my own gut and didn't listen to others. I personally believe its hard for people to change, and Treyarch will keep making the same types of games as long as the same people are there. I absolutely hated WaW. I wanted to like BO, but as each gameplay video came out, the game more and more resembled WaW, and less and less of CoD4 or MW2.

I am eagerly awaiting next year's CoD game. Whoever takes up the mantle will at least provide us with something fresh.
It's probably an equally good game, and this is the first Treyarch game scoring 90 or better on metacritic. But as far as the campaign goes, it's pretty much PAR for the course, with grenades not being so annoying, but trying to get from cover to cover against infinitely spawning enemy at times being annoying either because of poor friendly AI, cheezy instant aim at the player when they come out of cover, and/or poor slide/dive into prone implementation.

The last bit is the worst. 19 times out of 20 the implementation of diving into prone sends me over the cover, or on top of it, where I immediately get destroyed by the enemy. It's a terrible implementation, so bad, I have no idea how Treyarch let it get through QA Testing.
TrevorDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #107
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

Quote:
CoD:WaW was the only game I've played where I got so frustrated (because of infinite spawns, dumb friendly AIs, precise enemy grenades, etc.) that I literally felt like breaking the disc. And the reason why I am not getting BO. Sure, I'll probably spend more time in multiplayer than campaign if I did get the game, but I can't justify supporting the stupidity and ignorance of developers that can't learn.
LOL. It's not a Treyarch thing. All CoD campaigns have been rough like this, and all have suffered from the same shortcomings. That's why it's such a gripe of mine, because neither company did much to change the recipe.

Infinity Ward is as much to blame with this crap as Treyarch is. They once had a lean system, then got rid of it never to see it again. The AI got worse. Infinite enemy spawns were introduced and still exist. Infinite grenades became stupid crazy.

It just seems like the single player experience from an implementation and control standpoint gets worse with every iteration. Story wise, graphics wise, it gets better or at least is the same as the predecessor, but the mechanics get worse.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #108
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgisme View Post
In my opinion, it's easier than both in general, but with many more two or three minute parts that will make you pull your hair out.
Yeah, there's a couple of points so far in the campaign that remind me of the CoD3 campaign in particular, or even CoD1.

In CoD1 the checkpoints came as part of your health....in Veteran's mode, you did not get health packs, and you did not regen health. The battleship was one of the biggest pains for CoD1 vet players as most of the checkpoints required making it through some rough fighting with infinite spawns, but if you had less than 50% health or 75% health or something like that, you did not get the checkpoints. So at times you might feel like you were playing wayyyy too far into a level without a checkpoint when the reality was, you had 50% health and so weren't going to get any checkpoints because of it.

CoD3 had a few moments, such as the mortar section or the part crossing the road with the smoke grenades, where it just felt like you had to go too far for the next checkpoint while fighting infinite respawns and AI with aiming that would see you while you were prone behind shrubs and bushes that you couldn't see through.

However, CoD3 and CoD1 where pretty clear in their objectives. There's been several moments so far in BO where the objectives were NOT clear at all, and you have to pay attention to the friendly AI for instructions...if you miss them, you won't get it right until you die, try again, and this time listen.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #109
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Sigma View Post
I'm on the part in S.O.G. where you need to run down the hill and kick gas barrels. How exactly you're supposed to get down the hill when all of the Vietcong shoot at you, your allies do fuck nothing, and there isn't enough cover is beyond me.
I found an M14 I think with a grenade launcher before dropping into the tunnel. Once I figured out that you had to wait for your friendlies to get downhill, then spam out a few grenades with the launcher to clear out a few enemies before sprinting into cover below, it wasn't so bad. But yah, you HAVE to clear a good bit of those enemies out on the right side or it's suicide to run down.

What I did was clear them out with grenade launcher, sprint down...regen health, clear out enemies in the ammo bunker on the right...then sprint to the bunker and grab an M60 if you don't have it. Ran back to the left cover spot...then ran down to the next cover spot on the left that's a tad lower and closer to the left napalm barrel.

After that, I used the M60 and grenades to clear enough enemies especially onthe right to run out, kick the barrel, and immediately get prone and cover while shooting enemies on the right as I went to the next cover. From there, I stayed prone mostly while using the M60 to kill enemies on the right as I crawled closer to the right napalm barrel, and kicked it over.

Once I figured all this out, it wasn't that hard. But if you don't understand the objective, this part seems like absolute stupidity.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #110
NathAttack

NathAttack's Gamercard
This game looks like Modern Warfare 2 with four new guns and a fucking toy car.

rofl. pass thanks.

Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #111
TrevorDaddy
Subscribing Member

trevordaddy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathAttack View Post
This game looks like Modern Warfare 2 with four new guns and a fucking toy car.

rofl. pass thanks.
It's call of duty dumbass, what'd you expect? There's been like 8 CoD games and they are all basically the same thing with different maps and different graphics, but the same formula/mechanics/AI.

TBH CoD1 is the only one that's much different from the others.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #112
flashbangandy

Twenty7red's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockRobster View Post
Hardscoping is when your say, camping at the end of a corridor waiting for someone to come out of a door at the other end, already scoped and ready to pull the trigger when he/she pops round. Frustrating sometimes, but ya just gotta learn playing styles and avoid them or kill them otherwise
Hardscoping is the more realistic type of sniping. Fuck me, imagine a real life sniper that isn't already scoped when his target pops into view.
flashbangandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #113
osuberbiao

oo WARCHI1LD oo's Gamercard
Just started SM and none of the achievements are coming up?

Also ...... I'm playing it on Veteran too and still nothing?
osuberbiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #114
MikeHondembroke

MikeHondembroke's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post

Infinite spawn again? I can't believe you guys went back in time and now EVERY damn soldier infinite spawns again!

The AI is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. They stand still, they even turn their backs to the enemy and keep looking at you! They ALWAYS stand in front of you wanting to be killed or just blocking your view / fire.

Checkpoints are incredibly unbalanced. Chapter 3 corridor is a perfect example. You have to pass 2 rooms before getting into the infinite spawn corridor, then you have to get past it before another save comes. And on other parts you kill one or two enemies and get another checkpoint.

The hill on chapter 4 is even worse than this corridor. Took me AGES to figure out I had to use the barrels. And yet again we have infinite spawn, godly aim for all enemies and crappy AI that does nothing.

I couldn't have said this better myself. The infinite respawns I can get past. Whatever. But the friendly AI is probably the worst pile of shit I've ever seen in a game. They don't advance with you, NEVER advance without you, rarely actually fire on the enemy, and worst of all, they continually get in your way while you're trying to shoot the enemy. It wouldn't be so bad if you could fire through them, but every time they step in front of you, you stop firing and ultimately get shot and killed.

I've been burned by Treyarch in the past, and this is nothing new. I absolutely cannot stand Treyarch as a game developer, and that's not me being sour over not being able to get through some specific part of the campaign. I haven't finished yet, but I just took a break after finishing a chapter and already I'm feeling the frustration, not because it's unbeatable, but because of another developer including features that frustrate their fans beyond belief.

Need help boosting on: GTA IV (Mostly all the Online Races + 20 Pistol Kills), Halo 3 (Most Online achievements + Legendary play through), Project 8 (100 Online Games), MW2 (Co-op)
MikeHondembroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #115
optics

Rage Quitters - F*ckin bastards.

Is it me or are the matches just.... silent? In MW2, it seemed like there was always noise, no not the noob tubes, but it just never seemed so silent.

Little nit pick: It takes like 10 or so secs to get to the Main Menu upon startup, where in MW2 you could just press Start right away and be on the Main Menu within a second.

RC Car - Overpowered? Its like the same as a Valkyrie, but everyone has one out. Theres always one like every 30 secs. I know I'm exaggerating, but that what it seems like.

Leaderboards - Easily accessing it to see and compare stats.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #116
jack3auer

jack3auer's Gamercard
agreed with the above. veteran is a joke on missions 3 & 4. i reckon its better to play on veteran second time around, this can at least let you learn where the checkpoints are etc. that the infinite respawns are back is just a disgrace.
jack3auer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #117
Alktrio3
Banned User

TheGrannyGaper's Gamercard
knives being too powerful/one sided...if ive dumped half a clip in you, you shouldnt be able to knife

bullet bending occurring....if ive made it into the doorway your bullets should not hit me any longer

some better spawns would be ideal some times

sometimes ive hit a guy 4-5 times with the M16...no kill...and yes shots were to the chest...better hit recognition
Alktrio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #118
smurfwedge

smurfwedge's Gamercard
Treayarch = Fail

Well I was hoping this would be spectacular. Damn was I wrong

SP is not too bad but in Vet it is a biatch. Infinite spawing? Really necessary?

Multiplayer is just ok. Much preferrred MW2.
So ill be playing that and Reach online. BO fail compared to them

Also graphically it seems worse than MW2. Seems too cartoony.
MOH might have had a lot of flaws but at least IMO it looked realistic

Treyarch = Fail

Bring back Infinity Ward!!!!
smurfwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #119
Alktrio3
Banned User

TheGrannyGaper's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbangandy View Post
Hardscoping is the more realistic type of sniping. Fuck me, imagine a real life sniper that isn't already scoped when his target pops into view.

umm real snipers dont just pull it the up and shoot...true snipers are seldom heard or seen and lie in wait usually having to gauge wind velocity and what not...REAL snipers dont run around a battle field pulling up the sights really quickly and popping off shots like a shotgun...

you sir should learn or better yet try to become a sniper
Alktrio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #120
EnqeN

Codex x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by just blaze View Post
uhm, don't have the game yet. But would somebody please slap this guy in the face. Thanks.

youtube - epic black ops review

bitching 'bout the game will follow soon.
*slapping annoying white guy*

100% Retail: 47
100% Arcade:

50 005 GS - 09.11.2011 (MW3, Requiem)

60 100 GS - 08.04.2012 (COD2, War Hardened)
70 000 GS - 13.11.2012 (HALO 4, Lone Wolf Legend)
80 005 GS - 01.06.2013 (GoW Judgment, Quality Soldiering)
EnqeN is offline   Reply With Quote