PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Simulation > Snoopy Flying Ace
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
obehave_wan

IndianaPWN5's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Snoopy Flying Ace Road Map

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 10 (145)
-Online: 2 (55)
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 25+ hours (depending on skill)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes
-Glitched achievements: None

I gave the game's difficulty a 4/10 mostly for the gold medals. These are the only achievements that require skill. They're not extremely difficult, and can be easier with a partner.

The 25+ hours is mostly to get the "Flying Ace" achievement. Each online game takes about five minutes, and averages around 100 points (depending on your skill), so that's where I came up with 25 hours total. Other than "Veteran" and "Flying Ace", the other achievements will only take a few hours.

Step #1: Campaign Missions
To get the gold medals on the campaign missions, you only need to play them on the Veteran difficulty. However, I would suggest playing them on the Cadet difficulty first. This way, you will get a feel for the game, and unlock all of the different planes and weapons. It should only take about an hour or two to complete the campaign on Cadet.

After playing each mission on Veteran, you are scored between one and three gold medals. You need all three medals on every mission to get the corresponding achievements. Read the achievement guides for details on getting higher scores in the specific missions. Once this is done, you will receive Hero, Professional, and Technical.

You can also work towards Big Guns, Helping Hand, and Weaponeer in the campaign, but they can also be obtained in the multiplayer.

Step #2: Multiplayer
The only two achievements that require you to play online are Veteran and Flying Ace. You will receive Veteran when you get 10,000 points, and Flying Ace when you get 25,000 points. These MUST be done in Xbox LIVE player matches. Any points you receive in private or local matches do not count.

Step #3: Clean-up
By the time you reach Flying Ace, you will probably have all of the achievements possible in multiplayer. If not, there are simple ways to get each of them.

The achievements Cadet, Flawless, Sky King, and Classic must be done in multiplayer, but they can be private or local matches.

Conclusion:
Remember, for the achievements that are cumulative (all except for Cadet and Flawless), you can track your progress on the Achievements menu from the Main Menu. Most of the achievements are easy, but time consuming, so just keep playing!

Yeah, I'm that awesome.

Last edited by obehave_wan; 06-05-2010 at 04:26 AM.
obehave_wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
obehave_wan

IndianaPWN5's Gamercard

Snoopy Flying Ace Achievement Guide

Cadet - 5
Complete a game of Dogfight

For this achievement, you just need to complete a single game of Dogfight (or Team Dogfight). You do not need to win, just complete it. This can be done in a local multiplayer match, a private match, or an Xbox LIVE player match.

Hero - 10
Earn gold medals on all Defense Missions (Headquarters, Big Guns, and Reconnaissance).

After each mission (on Veteran difficulty) you are scored between one and three gold medals. For this achievement, you need all three gold medals on all six of the Defense Missions. This can be done in single-player, local co-op, or online co-op. You can check your progress in the Achievements menu on the Main Menu, or on the mission select map.

For Headquarters and Big Guns, you can get bonuses for finishing quickly. In all three mission types you can get bonuses for never dying. In Reconnaissance missions, you can get bonuses for keeping the friendly Zeppelin's health intact. In most Defense Missions, you can get bonuses for killing the enemy officers.

Most of the Defense Missions can be easier with a partner. If you are having trouble getting all three gold medals on any particular mission, try looking for a partner online.

Professional - 10
Earn gold medals on all Assault Missions (Bully Fight, Zeppeligeddon, and Bombs Away).

After each mission (on Veteran difficulty) you are scored between one and three gold medals. For this achievement, you need all three gold medals on all six of the Assault Missions. This can be done in single-player, local co-op, or online co-op. You can check your progress in the Achievements menu on the Main Menu, or on the mission select map.

In Bully Fight and Zeppeligeddon missions, you can get bonuses for finishing quickly and never dying. In some Assault Missions, you can get bonuses for killing enemy officers. In Bombs Away missions, you can get bonuses for destroying all the enemy ground targets, as well as bonuses for killing large numbers of enemy planes (they endlessly respawn).

Most of the Assault Missions can be easier with a partner. If you are having trouble getting all three gold medals on any particular mission, try looking for a partner online.

Technical - 10
Earn gold medals on all Navigation Missions (Ring Race, Birds of War, and Follow the Leader).

After each mission (on Veteran difficulty) you are scored between one and three gold medals. For this achievement, you need all three gold medals on all six of the Navigation Missions. This can be done in single-player, local co-op, or online co-op. You can check your progress in the Achievements menu on the Main Menu, or on the mission select map.

For the Ring Race missions, you can get bonuses for finishing quickly, as well as for hitting less than three rings as you fly through them. In the Birds of War missions, you can get bonuses for finishing quickly, not dying, and hitting less than three mines. In the Follow the Leader missions, you get more points the closer you stay to the green portion of the leader's smoke trail, as well as points for executing the prompted aerobatic stunts, and bonuses at the end for executing all of the stunts and never bumping the leader.

The Ring Race and Follow the Leader missions are better done solo, since they're more about precision flying than eliminating enemies quickly. For the Birds of War missions, a partner might help you finish quickly, as long as they can fly as precisely as you. If you are having trouble getting all three gold medals on a Birds of War mission, try looking for a partner online.

Big Guns - 15
Earned 100 kills from the Turret

To get this achievement, you need 100 kills from any turret gun. This can be in any multiplayer match, as well as any campaign mission with a turret. This is cumulative, and your progress can be checked on the Achievement menu from the Main Menu.

I found that the easiest way to get turret kills was in the Bombs Away missions. The enemy planes endlessly respawn, and you can usually find the point in the sky that they are spawning from. Just keep your crosshairs zoomed in on that spot, and fire the long-range guns when the crosshairs turn red. This way, you can get around two kills every second.

Flawless - 15
Completed any mode with 20+ kills and no deaths (Multiplayer Only).

For this achievement, you need to complete a multiplayer game with 20 or more kills without dying. This can be in a local match, a private match, or an Xbox LIVE player match.

To get this achievement easily, go to the Enlist Now menu and set up a Local Multiplayer match (or go the Xbox LIVE menu and set up a Private Match). Then go to Game Setup. Make sure that the Game Type is Dogfight (or Team Dogfight). Set the time limit for the maximum of 30 minutes. Set the kill limit for 25 kills. Add one bot with the difficulty of Cadet. Use whatever map, plane, and weapons you like best. I prefer using the turrets, but you can use whatever methods you like to stay alive and get kills. Keep in mind that the bot will not regenerate health, so run away if your health is low.

Once you get 20 kills, you need to either get the five remaining kills or let the time run out. You will not get the achievement until you complete the game (without dying).

Helping Hand - 15
Earn 250 assists.

To earn an assist, you need to damage an enemy just before they die, but not get the killing blow. If they die from a teammate's weapon or from crashing, you can get an assist. You will be notified of an assist the same way you are notified of a kill. This is cumulative over all campaign and multiplayer modes, and your progress towards a total of 250 can be checked in the Achievements menu from the Main Menu. The easiest place to get assists is probably in Xbox LIVE player matches of team games (Team Dogfight, Team Dog Pile, Capture the Flag, or Pigskin).

Sky King - 20
Earned 25 wins (Multiplayer Only).

To unlock "Sky King", you must win 25 multiplayer games. These can be private matches, local matches, or Xbox LIVE player matches. Your wins from any type of multiplayer game are cumulative, and your progress can be checked in the Achievements menu from the Main Menu. You will probably get this on your way towards "Flying Ace", but there is an easy way to get it quickly.

Go to the Enlist Now menu and set up a Local Multiplayer match (or go the Xbox LIVE menu and set up a Private Match). Then go to Game Setup. Change the game type to Dog Pile (or Team Dog Pile). Set the Time to Win for 1 minute. When the game starts, fly to the bone, then wait for one minute. That counts as one win.

If you followed the guide for "Classic", you can get ten wins at the same time that you work toward that achievement. For this reason, it would make the most sense to follow the guide for "Classic" before following this guide for "Sky King".

Weaponeer - 20
Earn 25+ kills with every secondary weapon.

For this achievement, you need to get at least 25 kills with every secondary weapon. To unlock all of the weapons for use in the campaign, you must play through all of the campaign missions (on either difficulty). The necessary 25 kills are cumulative through all modes, and you can check your progress on the Achievement menu from the Main Menu.

Kills are much easier to get in the campaign than the multiplayer since the enemies don't regenerate health like player characters. Also, keep in mind that the game will not notify you when you get 25 kills with a weapon, so be sure to check your progress periodically between matches/missions.

Yeah, I'm that awesome.

Last edited by obehave_wan; 06-05-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
obehave_wan

IndianaPWN5's Gamercard

Classic - 25
Earned Doghouse reward 10 times (Multiplayer Only).

To earn the Doghouse reward, you must get nine kills without dying in a multiplayer match. You must get this ten times to get the "Classic" achievement. This can be in private matches, local multiplayer matches, or Xbox LIVE player matches. This is cumulative, and your progress can be checked on the Achievements menu from the Main Menu.

To get the reward easily, go to the Enlist Now menu and set up a Local Multiplayer match (or go the Xbox LIVE menu and set up a Private Match). Then go to Game Setup. Make sure that the Game Type is Dogfight (or Team Dogfight). Set the time limit for the maximum of 30 minutes. Set the kill limit for 10 kills. Add one bot with the difficulty of Cadet. Use whatever map, plane, and weapons you like best.

When the game starts, I found it easiest to jump in a turret right away. Keep in mind that the turret's health does NOT regenerate, so make sure to exit before it gets destroyed. Also, keep in mind that the bot's health does not regenerate, so just stay safe and run away when your health is low.

If you exit the match as soon as you get your ninth kill and the Doghouse reward, you will get credit towards "Classic". However, if you stay to get the final kill to end the match, the win will count towards "Sky King".

Veteran - 25
Earn 10,000+ points (Xbox LIVE Player Match Only).

See "Flying Ace".

Flying Ace - 30

Reach Flying Ace Status (Xbox LIVE Player Match Only).

Flying Ace is the highest rank you can reach online. To reach Flying Ace Status, you must earn 25,000 points in Xbox LIVE player matches. This can be on any game type (Dog Fight, Team Dog Fight, Capture the Flag, Dog Pile, Team Dog Pile, or Pigskin), as long as it is an Xbox LIVE player match (NOT a local or private match).

Points are earned for kills, assists, and completing objectives. You will earn "Veteran" on your way towards "Flying Ace". You can check your progress towards both "Veteran" and "Flying Ace" on the Achievements menu from the Main Menu.

Yeah, I'm that awesome.

Last edited by obehave_wan; 06-05-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
LostCastle

LostCastle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
That was quick! And imo well done. Will be using this when I get the game!
LostCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:43 AM   #5
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
thanks to TheFifthEssence we did the story in online co-op and tore through it. it's way easier. you just need to do the races/follow the leader alone and it is way better
Old 06-04-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
The Clutch Hand

xX Gambit69 Xx's Gamercard
I don't think Snoopy deserves my money! especially since it takes 25 plus hours...

Thanks to >AzureRevolver< for the awesome sig!!!
The Clutch Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 AM   #7
obehave_wan

IndianaPWN5's Gamercard

Alright, all done! Let me know if you have any suggestions. I'll hold off on submitting for a little while.

What does everyone think about 4/10 for difficulty, and 25+ hours for 100%? I realize that an expert pilot could probably get there much faster, but I figured that 25 hours is a fair estimate for the average gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clutch Hand View Post
I don't think Snoopy deserves my money! especially since it takes 25 plus hours...
It's only ten bucks, and if you like the multiplayer you can spend way more than 25 hours there. Play the demo. If you like it, it's easily worth $10.

The Schultz family is notoriously selective about whom they let use the Peanuts brand. They don't need the money. When a product stars Snoopy, you know it's gonna be quality.

Yeah, I'm that awesome.

Last edited by obehave_wan; 06-04-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
LordDVS

Bac0n Gamer's Gamercard
Good info here! Mucho Gracias! I was wondering how to get the gold medals. Wasn't planning to redo the campaign mode again after getting my CB shirt, but I guess I gotta hop back in the cockpit again!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #9
iCEMAN_noob

Send a message via Skype™ to iCEMAN_noob

Dead Parasol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Nice guide. All it needs is the DLC achievements and it's complete. They've been added to the "achievement guide" if you search for the game on the main page. Also what's below will help you boost your EXP by A LOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3M View Post
GT= S3M James

Told this method by another player but works really well.

1. First off you need the DLC for the game
2. Select the mode Turret Defense
3. First off you must not take both turrets one must be left as natural, else the count down will start and the match will end very quickly.
4. Pick the turret both player will use, remember to only take the one.
5. Then have one player fly into the turret and as soon as they fly into it have them press Y and fly out again.
6. The other player now flies into it and does the same, rinse and repeat for 10 minutes till the match ends.

Each time time you take a turret you get +10 points, if you do this right you should get between 400 - 600 points a games. To make flying in and out a little easy I suggest you use the woodstock helicopter as you can stop it with the LB button and make 180 turns on the spot.

Last edited by iCEMAN_noob; 11-15-2010 at 04:37 PM.
iCEMAN_noob is offline   Reply With Quote