PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NBA Jam
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Postmodernmartyr

Send a message via Yahoo to Postmodernmartyr

PostModernMartr's Gamercard
Boss Battle Strategies

This thread is to help everyone along with the super tough Boss Battles.
When you have beat a boss and you have a strategy you think will help others, please add them here...

Karl Malone
This battle drove me completely crazy until I effectively learned to throw elbows. Use a player that has a high 3 point stat and find their hot spot. throw elbows right behind the three point line to knock Karl back enough to give you space to sink the three... play tight defense (stealing actually works well against him) and if he catches fire without you having at least 6-8 point lead, just restart the match. You'll get it eventually.

Dr. J
I found this one to be fairly easy (I beat it on my first try). Use someone with a high dunk score. Take advantage of the restart match if you can't hit every spot before he takes two. Take the closer spots first with easy dunks and once you hit fire, take the far ones. Once you've completely dominated the spots, if you defense is good enough, you should be able to reclaim the ball and/or any spots you've lost to count out the rest of the clock.

Like Hip Hop? ... Try this!

Games Complete: 80

Last edited by Postmodernmartyr; 11-21-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Postmodernmartyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Rocchio

Rocchio's Gamercard
When facing Karl Malone, he will almost always try to shove once your possession starts. Just tap B and he will miss his shove. You can now drive towards the hoop for a layup or dunk.

Rocchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocchio View Post
When facing Karl Malone, he will almost always try to shove once your possession starts. Just tap B and he will miss his shove. You can now drive towards the hoop for a layup or dunk.
Yeah, this works with pretty much everyone when you're playing 21 1-on-1. Whenever I got a basket, I'd just hold turbo and keep pressing B until I got past the guy and then got another dunk. Just keep doing that until you get 21.

This also works against Shaq, as well. Don't let him get on fire if you can help it, but even if you do, you can still beat him if you can get the ball back.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Pashos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
joshnorm

joshnorm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashos View Post
Yeah, this works with pretty much everyone when you're playing 21 1-on-1. Whenever I got a basket, I'd just hold turbo and keep pressing B until I got past the guy and then got another dunk. Just keep doing that until you get 21.

This also works against Shaq, as well. Don't let him get on fire if you can help it, but even if you do, you can still beat him if you can get the ball back.
Shaq was a pain. If you hit a 3 PT shot you get a Power icon like you do in Remix mode. Helps a lot if you miss a shot and miss the rebound.

Also against Wade just sit under the basket and dunk non-stop. For some reason you don't have to check the ball at the top of the Key for this game of 21
joshnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Jeckdaddy

MetalHeadJeff86's Gamercard
Any tips for beating Magic Johnson?

Gamerscore Milestones
30,000 - 10/4/2011 - Fifa 12 - Comeback Kid

Jeckdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
joshnorm

joshnorm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckdaddy View Post
Any tips for beating Magic Johnson?
Don't guard him.

Sit under the hoop wait for him to "magic" pass to himself and go for the block. When you get the ball get on fire and drain 3 pointers all day long. I juked him 3 times for layups/dunks then just rained 3s for the win.
joshnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
Pesantissimo

Pesantissimo's Gamercard
Larry Bird:

Just do not follow the instructions given at the beginning.
Keep pushing him to the ground, that's the easiest way.

I tried millions of times before - with this method I won at the first game
Pesantissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do you throw elbows and dunk from the 3 point?
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #9
Postmodernmartyr

Send a message via Yahoo to Postmodernmartyr

PostModernMartr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
How do you throw elbows and dunk from the 3 point?
Tapping turbo will throw elbows
You can't dunk for three you just gotta jumpshot

Like Hip Hop? ... Try this!

Games Complete: 80
Postmodernmartyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmodernmartyr View Post
Tapping turbo will throw elbows
You can't dunk for three you just gotta jumpshot
Thanks, I miss read your first post where you said take the easy dunks, then the rest. I thought you were saying you could dunk the threes
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
DubaiESP

Dubai ESP's Gamercard
With Bird, my strategy was this (almost in every single boss)

First, get the ball of course, just press B without turbo, for example against Karl Malone, his hands are butter.
After getting the ball, go to the middle of the court and use a crossover with turbo of corse, and then score alone. Repeat this every time, you know, go back, crossover, score alone. This will work with almost, or even, with every one I can tell you.

50.000 Gamerscore achievement: "Gong Show" - Left 4 Dead 2
1st in Spain to 1000g: Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero 5, NBA 2k10, NBA 2k11, and NBA 2K12.
DubaiESP's Youtube Profile - Subscribe Now!

DubaiESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:20 AM   #12
SiN Zero

xl Prophet lx's Gamercard
Yao Ming // Houston Rockets Gold Challenge in Remix Tour

Is about to pull my hair out, any tips?

SiN Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #13
Capitalyze

Capitalyze's Gamercard
You have to push over Yao. He is okay in strength but he has no ball-handling skills so I used the Celts in the Remix so I had Garnett shove and try stealing the ball from him anytime he touched the ball. I did get lucky and have a few blocks. When you have the ball, he is slow and not very nimble so you can easily break his ankles then drive to the basket.
Capitalyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #14
MR MACLAINE

MR MACLAINE's Gamercard
whohoo ... finally i was able to finish all boss battles (but sadly not the whole rmx tour yet) i think i can give some advices / tips for some battles, too :

Mailman:
do this one with a player that has good speed- and steal-skills with at least 7/10 (more is much better !!!). the hardest part is just to get the ball. walk towards malone and try to steal the ball - once you've got the ball run (with turbo) away from the basket. call malone out and when you get close to him make a shove counter by pressing B (without turbo) - when you're successfull you will get a rubber-power up and can make your way to the basket (make definitely sure to get the power up - you will need it!). don't make risky shots, just do dunks or layer-ups. reapeat this procedure after every basket and malone will be down in a minute.

after i got into my rythm, i repeated the battle and beat him 21-2! also this boss battle is made for the elusive award.

Bird:
my advice (against others, i know) is to make shure to avoid to shove him! when you touch bird he will get on fire with his next basket. the problem is, when bird is on fire and he goes for a 3-pointer he will score three 3 pointers. so when you're not carefully enough he can nail you with only three or four shots at all.
for bird i also took someone with good steal skills and would suggest good 3 pointer abilities, too. when bird has the ball try to steal it from him (i did it all the same way: walk infront of 'em, hammer on the B button and succeed in most ways) and then avoid his shoves (larry is very aggressive!!) and try to score 3 pointers.

Diesel:
first of all: the shaq battle can be really, really annoing - so stay cool if you fail a couple of times!
your advantage in this battle is shaquilles slowness. pick a guy that is quick and has fine dunkin skills (at least 08/10 !!!). your major goal has to be, to repair the backboard. when shaq steps in he will damage the backboard instantly - so when you're not mindful enough the game is over after at least 30 seconds. like everytime steal the ball (when you handle this battle clever, once you have the ball, shaq won't get it back till the time has expired) and make big, fat slam dunks - to make sure, to repair the backboard. my advice is, that you always bend your shot clock - don't make quick baskets! the time is your biggest problem in this battle! run away from the basket, try to avoid diesel, run back to dunk it in. just repeat it untill the backboard is completly recovered and after that, try to avoid that shaq gets the ball back!

i hope this helps!!!

MR MACLAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #15
j3s

x j3s x's Gamercard
Not sure if this works with any other players yet, but, I just noticed the following while playing through Remix with Boston:

If you play as Larry Bird while facing Larry Bird and you get on fire, you also get the triple-basket bonus. Just beat him by netting 9 points with a single 3-pointer.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
Jon Hartigan

All I have left is to play 21 against the Sacremento Kings and the San Antonio Spurs. I have no idea why, but this is harder than most of the boss battles. Its impossible for me to get the ball, and when I do it gets stolen or blocked almost instantly. Any strategies or tips for beating these two gold challenges?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #17
Rude boy921

Rude boy921's Gamercard
with shaq i just found the player on my team with the highest shove ranking and use him and managed to do it that way, cuz it would send him down farther when i would shove him and knock the ball farther from him which def help, i used rodman from the bulls... took me a few tried but eventually got it
Rude boy921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #18
Paid In Full707

R00R 18MM's Gamercard
Just beat yao ming with kobe.. use a lot of elbows

Paid In Full707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hartigan View Post
All I have left is to play 21 against the Sacremento Kings and the San Antonio Spurs. I have no idea why, but this is harder than most of the boss battles. Its impossible for me to get the ball, and when I do it gets stolen or blocked almost instantly. Any strategies or tips for beating these two gold challenges?
The Spurs were easy for me...beat them the 1st time although I was prepared for a grind. I was Orlando using Dwight Howard. When Duncan had the ball, I just hit steal, steal, steal. Eventually, I would get it. When Tony Parker got the ball, I just sat back at the basket and waiting until he shot...he always shot layups which were very easy to block.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #20
tonystoney

StizzleFoShizzl's Gamercard
Stuck with 2 left

Im playing Remix Tour with the Miami Heat and Ive defeated all the Boss Battles but I cant seem to beat the Oklahoma City Thunder on 2 vs 2 they have Kevin Durant and Rumble the mascot. I also cant defeat the Wizards on Elimination with Manute Bol and G Wiz, can anyone give me any advice on how to defeat them?
tonystoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:42 AM   #21
agw023

b ballFanLAL91's Gamercard
I'm having the same problem with OKC and it doesnt help if you got a dumb ai on your team. the first game Kobe failed to tie the game and the second game Lamar Odom failed to hit a 8ft jumper. for the Wizards always play tight defense push/ steal as much as possible if succesful he will be eliminated assuming that u scored enought points. if u see the ai on ai and he's about to get block run behind him to get the ball and quickly take it back u probably wont have time to do a dunk so your better of running to the corner 3's u may not make it as much but its better than getting block everutime u go for a dunk.
agw023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #22
agw023

b ballFanLAL91's Gamercard
WOW... what do u know I just beat OKC with Lamar Odom just by crossing them over and shooting corner 3's and it wasnt luck. I played my heart out, just dont stand in the paint because they will foul you. also beastie boys were not that hard, they ended up scoring less than 6pts.
agw023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #23
Sir JL

Sir JL's Gamercard
I haven't reached the Beastie Boys yet, but very close. Is this a one shot deal? When you make it to them, and you lose; what will happen? Assumption no achievement and possibly do remix tour again?

I'm guessing you could quit out to dashboard if you are about to lose? Any of you who have the Beastie Boys achievement experience any losses? Or has everyone had a simple time beating them? Thx.

Sir JL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #24
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir JL View Post
I haven't reached the Beastie Boys yet, but very close. Is this a one shot deal? When you make it to them, and you lose; what will happen? Assumption no achievement and possibly do remix tour again?

I'm guessing you could quit out to dashboard if you are about to lose? Any of you who have the Beastie Boys achievement experience any losses? Or has everyone had a simple time beating them? Thx.
I beat them the 1st shot...22-0. I have heard similar stories so, evidently, they aren't that hard.

I guess just getting to them is the difficult part.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #25
Jamal114

Jamal114's Gamercard
Melone was easy as fuckk my noob brother beat him after the first try 21 to 0
-.-
Jamal114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
GiantBallofOil

GiantBallOfOil's Gamercard
I am also stuck trying to beat OKC 2v2 against Durant and the mascot.
Rumble this!
Retail 100% - Alpha Protocol, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Deadly Premonition, Divinity 2, Dungeon Siege III, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Homefront, Lego Indiana Jones, Lost: Via Domus, Madden 11, Modern Warfare 2, NBA Jam, NHL 07, NHL 2K10, Red Dead Redemption, TC: Splinter Cell Conviction, Two Worlds II.
Arcade 100% - 8 total games
GiantBallofOil is offline   Reply With Quote