Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #31
Elit3 m0nkey

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For me Splinter Cell Conviction. No true multiplayer along with a story that ended up being cliche.

Also the game turned into Rainbow Six. There were a few levels here and there that were great and felt like Splinter Cell, but there were to few.
Feel free to add me, but make sure there is a message or else I will delete it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva David
Well, you know what they say. You cannot make an omlette without breaking a few legs
Elit3 m0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #32
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 played it on my step dads profile..i dont even know what they where thinking. The plot was done from the start..we play as a clone?? so the first didnt matter? basically put it that starkiller recovered his account on another console >___< other then that the game room was disappointing. I dont think i have played a single game this year that felt GOTY worthy or even fun... sadly..i found myself playing my old ps and ps2 games this year..
Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #33
DrBipolar

Doctor Bipolar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorpuppet View Post
Game Room. A fantasitc concept that was so poorly implemented it turned out to be like a candy store that only sells wax lips and black licorice.
Perfectly worded. I was excited for Game Room and once it came out it was like Santa took a dump in my stocking again.
DrBipolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #34
sk83rty

Send a message via AIM to sk83rty Send a message via Skype™ to sk83rty

Host Change's Gamercard
Well, I would have to go with Fable 3. I don't buy a lot of brand new games, and only bought a few for Xbox this year, and Fable managed to disappoint me.

Based on the choices I made, and lack of knowledge in playing the game a certain way, I chose to be a good king, and it killed my entire Albilon pretty much. Now it sucks walking around and everyone being dead. Now I could have made money so I could be a good king and save everyone, but I wouldn't have thought to start a real estate empire until after the game...It's really disappointing.
Arcade: 14
sk83rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #35
Dragon Weew

dragon weew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
The biggest disappointment for me this year was Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It was too short and overpriced. Other than that everything else I played this year was OK.
Dragon Weew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #36
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Weew View Post
The biggest disappointment for me this year was Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It was too short and overpriced. .
I agree 100%. They didn't fix any of the issues the older games had and the stuff they added on didn't do any good for the game. On top of that, like you said shot and overpriced, and they expect people to buy FOUR episodes!

Fuck that!

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #37
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

My biggest disappointment was Splinter Cell Conviction. As a fan from the beginning of the series I can't accept that the game was dummed down into a 3rd person shooter with stealth elements. Also the fact that the game awfully resembles 24 isn't positive at all.

Other disappointment was the SP on Bad Company 2. I understood that the first game had a good SP, so I was waiting for the sequal to have a good SP like the first one. How wrong I was. Thankfully MP is really fun.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #38
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I am going to have to go with Conviction as well, I really hate what they did with that game...Splinter Cell 1 and 2 were just about perfect and that is where they need to go back to with the series imo.

As for MP in the game, not a fan of the spy vs merc gameplay. I would rather have a full campaign co op. Same as the story campaign just with a friend, don't care for those short tacked on co op campaigns.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #39
RuYi

Location: It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

Westraid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Final Fantasy XIII. Horrible horrible horrible, I didn't like it at all.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #40
NaK Quinn

Quinn351 SVT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
XB360 Alpha Protocol and Dead Rising 2, PS3 God of War 3.
NaK Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #41
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
As much as I hate to say it, I'm gunna have to go with Black Ops as well.
There is just something about it that keeps me from enjoying it as much as I thought I was. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe it was the story from the single player, I dunno. I get sick of watching all the quick cuts and flashing lights during the cinematics and the whole interrogation thing throughout was kinda pissing me off. I just want to play the damn game, not listen to the character yelling "I don't know!" over and over between every f**king level. The levels were fun-ish, but the story itself just wasn't as good as it was in Call of Duty 4. Also, why is there no restart checkpoint feature?

I enjoy the multiplayer about as much as I did in Modern Warfare 2 (because it's basically the same) but still there is something that keeps me from liking it as much as that in the original Modern Warfare.
I like the idea of COD points and how they are supposed to let you play the game your way by letting you buy the guns that you want, but they are also a pain the the ass. I don't want to have to buy the same attachments over and over again each time I buy a new gun, especially when you still have to level up to unlock the guns in the first place. It's a waste of points, plain and simple.
Also a waste of points? Buying layers to change your emblem. WTF? Why the hell would you make something that is nothing more than a cosmetic effect increase in price for every layer you buy?
Or maybe it's the name they came up for for them: COD Points. It reminds me of "codpiece". Dumb...

Anyways, it was a disappointment to me.

FlyBoy120586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #42
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuYi View Post
Yeah this was pretty bad, the leveling up system was just utter crap.

What was they thinking? I don't know about anyone else but i play FF for the open world running around leveling up etc.

Nothing like the rest of the FF series, FFVIII was the best
Old 11-30-2010, 03:15 AM   #43
GORQITO

gorqito's Gamercard
Out of all that I had this year, Game Room was most dissapointing. Not that I was super excited for it to come out, but it did look promising. The idea was there but the execution was... weak. Not a strong enough community either and games are a bit pricey... not to mention you need to spend about 1000000MSP (exaggeration) to get the full 1000G.

GORQITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:31 AM   #44
Evo Phoenix92

Evo Phoenix 92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by True I Skill View Post
Bioshock 2.
after the first i thought it would be great but nope... I just couldnt get into it. Maybe it was because i was getting bored of FPS Games, the multiplayer i found very annoying hard to find matches, the single player just sucked...
Man you just answered it for me i was trying to think of a game but yeh bioshock 2 has to take it for being the worst game saying that halo reach was pretty bad as well
Evo Phoenix92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #45
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Bioshock 2: The Story was crap, design was uglyer then the first one, why must this game have an MP?

Star Wars: TFU 2: Not a game, an Add-on, just a Joke for such a great franchise...

Assasins Creed: Brotherhood: Same game, same design, same bugs, same annoying missions, same sound samples...like Assasins Creed 1.5, MP is god, but most of the achivements are stupid and will stop me from full 1000 GS and the lags are crazy sometimes...

Medal of Honor: Solo campaign was stupid and short, not realy a highlight, MP is only "god", sometimes ugly as hell...

Dead Rising 2: They did it agian, after one walkthrough i don't have the motivation to play this game again. From the design like the first one. Welcome to the year 2010 -_- stupid controlls, worst coop ever, save system from the PSone times.

Castlevania: Great franchise, stupid God of War/Devil May Cry copy, no athmosphere like the old ones...

Black Ops: See that coming, Treyarch isn't as god as Infinity Ward. Story (???) was stupid, i don't even know what it was all about. Missions go from "god" to "ugly/bad"...

Yeah i forget one absolutely terrible game:

Lost Planet 2: What the hell is this game? Where is the story? Where is LP 1 feeling? Why they do this? Why?

Last edited by TAI JASON; 11-30-2010 at 02:22 PM.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #46
RuYi

Location: It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

Westraid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Nothing like the rest of the FF series, FFVIII was the best :)
I couldn't agree more, VIII was my favourite game in the series too. :)
Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #47
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
What was they thinking? I don't know about anyone else but i play FF for the open world running around leveling up etc.

Nothing like the rest of the FF series, FFVIII was the best
Hell yea FFVIII for the fucking win

Most disappointing game of 2010 you ask?
Halo:Reach
Now here comes the fun part
Game of the year: Halo:Reach

Its better then the 3 earlier games campaign wise, the mp is in reality better then the other ones aswell. I just miss the BR so much and grinding credits was not the reason i bought the game.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #48
RichXbox360
Banned User

RICHYALLEN's Gamercard
Alpha Protocol, definitely NOT worthy of all the rave reviews it recieved, I sold my copy on eBay 3 weeks after purchasing it.
RichXbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #49
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichXbox360 View Post
Alpha Protocol, definitely NOT worthy of all the rave reviews it recieved, I sold my copy on eBay 3 weeks after purchasing it.
What "rave reviews"? The game got a 6/10 on average across the board.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #50
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Black Ops sucked.

I think the best way I thought of describing it is to say what it would be like if it was a movie.
So if it was a movie, it would be some shitty B-movie on channel 5 at 0200.

They tried too hard with the story and it just collapsed because they jumped about too many locations and they apparently haven't even read the Wikipedia page of what a fricking numbers station is.
Their sleeper agent would have been useless unless they put a f-ing shortwave radio in his head that is permanently on to receive the numbers. (Not that that's even what the numbers stations irl are most likely for, since if you're gonna program a person to listen to a radio station at a certain time then why not just go the whole hog and program them right there.)

Maybe Treyarch should stick to the generic bullshit that they don't have to go to the apparently crushing effort of actually researching the subject if it varies from, "Germany bad. Okay? You kill bad Nazi men".

Fable III was a disappointment, too.
I enjoyed it enough when I played it, but I suppose that was comparing it to that abortion of a game, Fable II. (Seriously, go pick up Fable The Lost Chapters (Fable I expanded edition), if you haven't played it. Far superior to II and III.)

What little feature would have made it instantly more enjoyable would be if you didn't have to play on that pathetic kiddie difficulty.
No Peter, I'm not a child, give me an actual difficulty rather than, "Press 'A' to win the game!"

Alpha Protocol was a bit disappointing for me.
I didn't even expect much and it disappointed me.
It was just 'nothingy'. No real positives or negatives to it, it just exists as a game that will sit in it's case until I have nothing else to play and decide to finish it.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #51
Absolute Zero

AbsoluteZero74's Gamercard
Alpha Protocol
Absolute Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #52
jblounty

Blounty2753's Gamercard
fable 3 for the simple fact fable 2 was amazing and this was just to short and the story was all over the place
jblounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #53
EcT Felix

After all: Naughty Bear.

don't buy it!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #54
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #55
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2 played it on my step dads profile..i dont even know what they where thinking. The plot was done from the start..we play as a clone?? so the first didnt matter? basically put it that starkiller recovered his account on another console >___< other then that the game room was disappointing. I dont think i have played a single game this year that felt GOTY worthy or even fun... sadly..i found myself playing my old ps and ps2 games this year..
I'm guessing you didn't finish it then or you would know whether or not you where a clone (Dark Side ending answers that question), and it was the main point of the game, Starkiller wanted to know if he was a Clone or not, and while I agree the game was bad, you should at least pay attention to the story and finish the game before you get angry with the main plot that you seem to know nothing about.
Also I am guessing you missed a lot of games this year, Mass Effect 2 is easily GotY if not THE best game on 360, and AC:Brotherhood, RDR, and Halo: Reach where all good too.

Anyway apart from SW:TFU2, the only other game I can think of that I was disappointed with was Final Fantasy XIII, though I keep meaning to put XIII back into my 360 and push through to the end because I am so close to beating it, but it just falls short on so many levels, the characters where boring, the plot predictable, the battles where annoying because you only control one character instead of your whole team, and while I know the plot wouldn't have worked if they had added them, some villages and side quests or mini games like in the older games would have added so much and made the game a lot better.

Last edited by Lord Montymort; 11-30-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Lord Montymort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #56
J20 P1TB0Y

J20 P1TB0Y's Gamercard
Halo Reach
J20 P1TB0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #57
Blah 2k

Send a message via AIM to Blah 2k Send a message via Yahoo to Blah 2k

Cyanide Chaotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Dead Rising 2. More of the same, really. Got boring incredibly fast as well.

If you happen to be an avid Nazi Zombies fan or Call of Duty multi-player addict,
feel free to add me on Xbox Live, i'm always down for a game (when i'm on-line).
Just send me a message along with the request telling me where you saw
my gamertag, and what you'd like to play.

Peace!

Blah 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #58
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuYi View Post
Can't say it any better than that. Having played every FF game except XI, I was blown away by how much I disliked XIII.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #59
jung4ever

FyreBeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Definitely Medal Of Honor. Horrible, horrible MP. I hate EA.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #60
RichXbox360
Banned User

RICHYALLEN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
What "rave reviews"? The game got a 6/10 on average across the board.
It got an 8 in the Official Xbox Mag, they're usually reliable, hence my decision to buy the game, ended up wishing I'd rented it before paying 40 for probably the second worst console game I ever played (after Final Fantasy 7 and 8 combined)
RichXbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote