PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which achievements are still glitched for you?
Payday! 38 59.38%
No Job Too Big 24 37.50%
Overachiever 2 3.13%
Gozer's Most Wanted 3 4.69%
Egon's Guinea Pig 10 15.63%
Loans Paid Off 5 7.81%
Employee of the Month 2 3.13%
On the Payroll 10 15.63%
Back Off Man. I'm a Scientist 0 0%
Other - Please reply with what achievement. 1 1.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Still Glitched Achievements

This is a poll for Community Research, please only participate with existing gamertags that have played Ghostbusters before and you have attempted these achievements in the past and not got them, and still unable to get them after the new patch.

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Vulger Spartan

Send a message via ICQ to Vulger Spartan

VulgerSpartan's Gamercard
I'm at 960. I have gotten $8,000,000+ I'm sure Overachiever will be a problem. I've gotten to Rank 25 etc. I've run around the whole match & used goggles & I'm sure those "Post Job awards" are Wonky still.

PS: sorry about the bold text, it wont turn off.

#WINNING!

Last edited by Shinobi273; 12-03-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Vulger Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
magikman79

Send a message via MSN to magikman79

magikman79's Gamercard
Angry The patch is Fail!

I got "No job too big", but "Loans paid off" & "Payday" still wont unlock.

Last edited by magikman79; 12-02-2010 at 12:21 PM.
magikman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
amacteur

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
"No job too big" and "Payday" as I told you (i've voted btw).
Old 12-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Bullhorse

Bullhorse's Gamercard
i've been having a really hard time unlocking "on the payroll" so far, but i'm not 100% sure i've met the parameters yet. we'll see, but i don't have a very positive feeling about the 1000. i only had 930 pre-patch but i still think i'm glitched.

Bullhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
smooth2dagroove

overachiever achievement unlocked for me at a little over 8.5 million. I also unlocked no job too big last night polar and glutten slimer came in my first match. So as far as i know that works but i have also heard that the other achievement u really should work with a friend to get. if a player quits out in the 4 campaign maps u have to do they will not count towards the achievement

Last edited by smooth2dagroove; 12-02-2010 at 08:35 PM.
smooth2dagroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
Bullhorse

Bullhorse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth2dagroove View Post
overachiever achievement unlocked for me at a little over 8.5 million. I also unlocked no job too big last night polar and glutten slimer came in my first match. So as far as i know that works but i have also heard that the other achievement u really should work with a friend to get. if a player quits out in the 4 campaign maps u have to do they will not count towards the achievement
really, damn... i'm gonna have to keep trying then i guess. lol, i've waited so long for this game to be patched, i'm not gonna give up this easily.

Bullhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
ryan21terry

ryan21terry's Gamercard
i gott several

theres a few for gear of war 2 an 1 for fable 2
ryan21terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan21terry View Post
This thread and poll is specific to Ghostbusters: The Video Game, not achievements in general...
Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan21terry View Post
there are no glitched achievements in those games.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
dropK1CK_ninJA

dropK1CK ninJA's Gamercard
Ace,

I can't figure out where you asked for a picture. I've been at work all day:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5207/...1651c987_b.jpg

Hope that helps.

You know where to find me for additional help.
dropK1CK_ninJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #12
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Thanks dropK1CK_ninJA

I've got a theory and made a new Poll post, be interesting to see what the results show, but you're the second person NOT to get the achievement who got one or more of the Slimer in a Campaign...
Old 12-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #13
dropK1CK_ninJA

dropK1CK ninJA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMcCloud View Post
Thanks dropK1CK_ninJA

I've got a theory and made a new Poll post, be interesting to see what the results show, but you're the second person NOT to get the achievement who got one or more of the Slimer in a Campaign...
I'm trying to get one or the other in an Instant match but people are boosting and bail right away when I enter a room. Whatevs.
dropK1CK_ninJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #14
NITEMARECREATOR

NITEMARECREATOR's Gamercard
dropK1CK's pic looks exactly like mine, 2 new, nice shiny green checkmarks, NO ACHIEVEMENT. Ace, I have answered your poll as well. I had 980 since 8/2009 and no go for the "patched" cheevos.

EDIT: Polar and Glutton Slimer will appear on EVERY map until they are caught. I played a couple of matches and they showed up like clockwork on every map.

Last edited by NITEMARECREATOR; 12-03-2010 at 03:54 AM.
NITEMARECREATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #15
DeadlyBLitZ

Yeah just jumped on GB, caught the last 2 most wanted ghosts, and boom no chevo, ah well. look likes stuck on 980

DeadlyBLitZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #16
rodieremix

The Rodie Remix's Gamercard
Ace, thanks for trying man you've done a great job trying to get Terminal Reality to do the right thing and fix their game. Maybe they'll start listening to you now...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodieremix View Post
Ace, thanks for trying man you've done a great job trying to get Terminal Reality to do the right thing and fix their game. Maybe they'll start listening to you now...
Thanks rodieremix, the stubborness of these companies to not even have a phone conversation or email exchanged, and just "we're right, you're wrong community" is extremely frustrating.

I'm really annoyed about this issue with No Job Too Big, didn't see that coming, and despite a few bright spark ideas, nothing has cemented to a viable explaination for it.

All I can think of now is it's quitters screwing it up for people...
Old 12-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well I played lastnight and got the gluton slimer and unlocked the achievement.

I was at 940gs and I know that Egons Guinea Pig is glitched for me. I got No Job Too Big easily and haven't received Payday yet.

I'm pretty sure I will get stuck at 980gs with Egons Guinea Pig & Payday being the achievements that hold me back.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post
Well I played lastnight and got the gluton slimer and unlocked the achievement.

I was at 940gs and I know that Egons Guinea Pig is glitched for me. I got No Job Too Big easily and haven't received Payday yet.

I'm pretty sure I will get stuck at 980gs with Egons Guinea Pig & Payday being the achievements that hold me back.
Can you describe as much detail as possible how you got No Job Too Big?
Was it instant matches? Campaigns? What were the game types? Maps? How many players? Any quiters? Did you fail, complete or win the matches? Any other details?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
MrBubbles x360a

xX GetaBoshi Xx's Gamercard
Well last night I played in hopes of getting the achievements I needed, I had Egon's Guinea Pig, Payday!, and No Job Too Big left. I got my last most wanted ghosts first (polar and glutton slimer) and my achievement unlocked right away. However I still cannot get Egon's Guinea Pig and Payday!, so i'm stuck at 980g in the game. Seems to me is that the game just will not let your gamerscore in the game go past 980 with the new patch. It allowed me to unlock one previously glitched achievement but no more. Seriously, we wait like a year and a half for a patch and it's broken anyways!

37 Completions
24 Retail-Latest: Toy Story 3/Proudest: Rock Band 2
13 Arcade-Latest: UNO Rush/Proudest UMK3
MrBubbles x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #21
amacteur

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBubbles x360a View Post
Well last night I played in hopes of getting the achievements I needed, I had Egon's Guinea Pig, Payday!, and No Job Too Big left. I got my last most wanted ghosts first (polar and glutton slimer) and my achievement unlocked right away. However I still cannot get Egon's Guinea Pig and Payday!, so i'm stuck at 980g in the game. Seems to me is that the game just will not let your gamerscore in the game go past 980 with the new patch. It allowed me to unlock one previously glitched achievement but no more. Seriously, we wait like a year and a half for a patch and it's broken anyways!
@Ace: To sum up:

- Now, I'm pretty sure there is a cap and nobody can go past 980G (100% of the comments confirm that point).

- Payday is still completely glitched, as well as Egon's Guinea Pig. No job too Big only pops up if you've less than 980G.

Why is it so hard to make a retroactive patch?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #22
MattyHustedUk

MattyHustedUk's Gamercard
On the Payroll is still glitched for me not happy at all

I do not own any of the WWE titles any more please do not ask to boost
MattyHustedUk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #23
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
I don't think there's a cap, it's not logical for TR to put one in, even if they did achievements aren't connected.

However, what is evident is:

Payday! is still glitched, this is the same as the PS3 Patch, no one will have this unless they start a new account (or never touched the MP).

Egon's Guinea Pig, Loans Paid Off, Employee of the Month, On the Payroll are one time unlocks, if they don't unlock when they should, they won't ever it appears. I'm trying to determine what happened in the PS3 community regarding this, but it was mostly reports of people getting the last two trophies and platinum and then moving on.

Overachiever, Gozer's Most Wanted are very awkward achievements, I don't think they've ever been glitched, but you can spend months trying to get these when there are so many factors involved.

For some reason No Job Too Big is not unlocking for some, that and the once glitched/always glitched above means that most will end up with 48 achievements around the 980GS mark.

Granted, I have not yet been able to discover what the problem is with No Job Too Big, the easy answer is "if you've only got 47 or less achievements it will unlock for you, otherwise it won't", it seems to fit so far, but again, is this logical? It could be coincidental given what we know above.

I shall be starting a test account to do MP from start to finish, if all achievements can be obtained (or even just Payday and No Job Too Big) it will answer the question of a "cap". Only problem is not knowing what is messing up No Job Too Big, unless it is just don't leave it till last/second to last.

I suppose the only other way to confirm this oddity with No Job Too Big is a collection of gamertags who don't just have No Job Too Big and Payday! achievements left to get (majority of the community I'm guessing).

A Retroactive patch is not hard, just they need to realise it NEEDS to be retroactive and it needs to be tested retroactively.... obviously they did neither...

Last edited by AceMcCloud; 12-03-2010 at 06:24 PM.
AceMcCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #24
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:

A Retroactive patch is not hard, just they need to realise it NEEDS to be retroactive and it needs to be tested retroactively.... obviously they did neither...
Yes for ALL the glitched achievements. I think there were so many complaints about Payday and No Job Too Big that they didn't even bother trying to figure out the others.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #25
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Well, to be honest, I wasn't sure about the other trophies/achievements, for the most part I (like some people STILL believe) thought some gamers just weren't doing it right.

However, you can't argue that for the likes of On The Payroll, so if that's just basically a 50/50 chance of unlocking, then it's not a stretch to conclude other MP achievements/trophies are also affected the same way. One shot, 50/50 chance it'll unlock or then you're stuck without it.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #26
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, to be honest, I wasn't sure about the other trophies/achievements, for the most part I (like some people STILL believe) thought some gamers just weren't doing it right.

However, you can't argue that for the likes of On The Payroll, so if that's just basically a 50/50 chance of unlocking, then it's not a stretch to conclude other MP achievements/trophies are also affected the same way. One shot, 50/50 chance it'll unlock or then you're stuck without it.
I know most people thought that maybe we just weren't meeting the requirements but I have about 8 million online and it's safe to say I've picked up every pick up 100+ times. Egon's Guinea Pig sucks!!!!!!

Edit - pick up and USED

Last edited by HabsCen10ial; 12-04-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #27
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
I know most people thought that maybe we just weren't meeting the requirements but I have about 8 million online and it's safe to say I've picked up every pick up 100+ times. Egon's Guinea Pig sucks!!!!!!

Edit - pick up and USED
Used successfully? not wasted?
Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #28
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Quote:
Used successfully? not wasted?
For sure. I've been trying this for awhile now. I even thought maybe you had to max out all your secondary weapons before it would unlock.

Some people will have Egons Guinea Pig and Payday glitched

Some people will have On the Payroll and Payday glitched

Some people will have No Job Too Big and Payday glitched

Some people will have Loans Paid Off and Payday glitched

I don't think you will ever see anybody with Egons and On the Payroll, etc. I think it will always be Payday and one of the above.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #29
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
For sure. I've been trying this for awhile now. I even thought maybe you had to max out all your secondary weapons before it would unlock.

Some people will have On the Payroll and Payday glitched

Some people will have No Job Too Big and Payday glitched

Some people will have Loans Paid Off and Payday glitched

I don't think you will ever see anybody with Egons and On the Payroll, etc. I think it will always be Payday and one of the above.
I have Egon's Guinea Pig, On the Payroll and Loans Paid Off. Then again it's probably because I didn't bother playing the MP once I heard about the glitches after I'd gotten Loans Paid Off.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:01 AM   #30
ZenLogikos

ZenLogikos's Gamercard
Quote:
This.

To refresh my memory, I consulted the achievement guide post-patch, and made sure to use each item (primary and secondary fire) on an enemy. Still no "Egon's Guinea Pig".

Guarantee I met the requirements pre-patch as well anyway. I've earned $10+ million...

P.S. I had 970 pre-patch. I was able to get "No Job too Big" post-patch. Yay...

Last edited by ZenLogikos; 12-09-2010 at 03:12 AM.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote