Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > nail'd
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Murgatroyd7

Murgatroyd7's Gamercard
My poor RB button!

Yeesh, this has got to be one of the worst soundtracks I've ever heard. The game itself is actually surprisingly fun, though. Really bad...but fun nonetheless. This should definitely appeal to folks who miss old racers like Cruis'n USA and San Francisco Rush.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
Hugh Roberts42

Send a message via MSN to Hugh Roberts42

Hugh Roberts42's Gamercard
How's it compare to Pure?
Old 12-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Murgatroyd7

Murgatroyd7's Gamercard
No idea, I've never played Pure; it never looked very fun to me (but then again, neither did Nail'd). From what I can tell, this seems to be more fast-paced than Pure but you can't do tricks. The general consensus seems to be that if you like Pure, you'll probably like this as well.

Like I mentioned in my first post, I personally compare this more to old games like Cruis'n USA and San Francisco Rush. It's very arcade-like and unrealistic. You go really fast, go over huge jumps (you'll spend a quarter of your time in the air), and can control your vehicle in the air in order to avoid obstacles like balloons and dirigibles.

I think it's pretty fun and at least worth a rental, but many of the races are 5-6 minutes long (and there's a lot of them) and the online is basically dead. They didn't advertise this game well and there are probably less than 1000 people who own it (they sent me two review copies, which almost never happens). Still, it's not bad for $40.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Hugh Roberts42

Send a message via MSN to Hugh Roberts42

Hugh Roberts42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroyd7 View Post
No idea, I've never played Pure; it never looked very fun to me (but then again, neither did Nail'd). From what I can tell, this seems to be more fast-paced than Pure but you can't do tricks. The general consensus seems to be that if you like Pure, you'll probably like this as well.

Like I mentioned in my first post, I personally compare this more to old games like Cruis'n USA and San Francisco Rush. It's very arcade-like and unrealistic. You go really fast, go over huge jumps (you'll spend a quarter of your time in the air), and can control your vehicle in the air in order to avoid obstacles like balloons and dirigibles.

I think it's pretty fun and at least worth a rental, but many of the races are 5-6 minutes long (and there's a lot of them) and the online is basically dead. They didn't advertise this game well and there are probably less than 1000 people who own it (they sent me two review copies, which almost never happens). Still, it's not bad for $40.
I might have to check it out. From the gameplay videos I saw it didn't look as smooth as Pure, but it still looked pretty nice. Might just buy it from EB and return it within the 7 days.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
t4ct1c4lr3m1x

Send a message via AIM to t4ct1c4lr3m1x

t4ct1c4lr3m1x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Roberts42 View Post
I might have to check it out. From the gameplay videos I saw it didn't look as smooth as Pure, but it still looked pretty nice. Might just buy it from EB and return it within the 7 days.
In my opinion, it's really nothing like Pure. The game is kind of lame it seems as far as menus and modding your ATV/MTX, but the game is fun. The only downfall is there aren't any tricks. The game is down to $19 at GameStop, which kind of scared me, but I'm glad I got it.
t4ct1c4lr3m1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's worth playing and an enjoyable game if you enjoy the genre. But it's nothing like Pure, handles totally different imo.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Pure is far, far better than this.