PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Judivarious
 
Judivarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Epiccenter of Creation
Posts: 909

VAN WILEY's Gamercard
Stupid Concept.....

Okay, so am I the only one who finds it idiotic and whatever that when a player gets an RC car killstreak, he just pulls the RC car out of his ass, but when he gets a sam turret, or a sentry gun, he has to call in a care package to give it to him.....
__________________
Judivarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #2
marlo2123
 
marlo2123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbo Mountain
Posts: 234
Send a message via AIM to marlo2123

Offica Doofy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judivarious View Post
Okay, so am I the only one who finds it idiotic and whatever that when a player gets an RC car killstreak, he just pulls the RC car out of his ass, but when he gets a sam turret, or a sentry gun, he has to call in a care package to give it to him.....
Well....
It's a game.
__________________
GT-Offica Doofy

Completed Games (22)

Completed Arcade Games (9)
marlo2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #3
Wii187
 
Wii187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Molokini, HI
Posts: 1,644

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judivarious View Post
Okay, so am I the only one who finds it idiotic and whatever that when a player gets an RC car killstreak, he just pulls the RC car out of his ass, but when he gets a sam turret, or a sentry gun, he has to call in a care package to give it to him.....
Each person you kill has parts of the RC car already and you just MacGyver it once you get enough parts. Not idiotic at all.
__________________

Wii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 AM   #4
Hot Squirt
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 44

Hot Squirt's Gamercard
Must be the Richard Gear perk
Hot Squirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
ODST Kayne
 
ODST Kayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,099

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
He literally does remove it from his ass. There's like 3 weeks of training just to learn how to get an RC-XD up there while maintaining your composure.
__________________
75k achieved 5/15/2011 in Brink

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:20 AM   #6
SGT H0US3
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 206

SGT H0US3's Gamercard
Don't play metal gear solid you're mind will blow
SGT H0US3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #7
KFZ Scrubs
 
KFZ Scrubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rapture
Posts: 11,321

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Considering the RC car is a lot smaller than a Sam Turret and the possibility of carrying around a RC car is more reasonable than a Sam Turret.... seems about right.
__________________
Brutal Boxing KO's of 2013:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVYO_1DPE8
Down with Haganai


KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 AM   #8
marlo2123
 
marlo2123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbo Mountain
Posts: 234
Send a message via AIM to marlo2123

Offica Doofy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Considering the RC car is a lot smaller than a Sam Turret and the possibility of carrying around a RC car is more reasonable than a Sam Turret.... seems about right.
completely correct.
__________________
GT-Offica Doofy

Completed Games (22)

Completed Arcade Games (9)
marlo2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 AM   #9
Dowgle
 
Dowgle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: York
Posts: 321
Send a message via MSN to Dowgle

Dowgle's Gamercard
Yeah to be fair, not saying I'd enjoy either, but I'd definitely rather have an rc car up my ass than a sentry gun!
__________________




Complete 100% (Inc. DLC)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Split/Second: Velocity, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Alan Wake, Condemned, Assassin's Creed 2, Dash of Destruction, Zombie Apocalypse, Fallout 3, Avatar, Fifa 06, King Kong.

1000+
Halo 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dowgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #10
Beagle Ninja
 
Beagle Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Aiur
Posts: 270

Beagle Ninja's Gamercard
We are talking about a game where I can dive 10 feet, through a window, off a second-story building. All while carrying an M60 with 200 rounds, plus having a Strela 3 hidden up my butt!
The M60 weighs 23lbs, and the Strela 3 weighs over 30lbs when loaded. Not to mention I have no idea how much all that ammo weighs, but it's probably a lot. How many soldiers, sans Rambo and Lone Wolf McQuade, can carry all of that and still be combat effective?

Realism isn't really this game's strong point.
__________________

***Fifty-Star Commander and Attack-Mover Extraordinaire***


Beagle Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #11
McGoogles
 
McGoogles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 5,228

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
If games were real I'd go out and get a job.
__________________
141/142 games completed (including DLC)
Completion percentage: 99.49%
Latest retail completion: Destiny
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness




McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #12
Vegaskingz
 
Vegaskingz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 460

VegasKingz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Considering the RC car is a lot smaller than a Sam Turret and the possibility of carrying around a RC car is more reasonable than a Sam Turret.... seems about right.
This.

Although, thinking reasonably, In a game where one can lunge the length of the english channel in some cases to knife, and where one can take more than the standard amount of bullets to kill and STILL kill you, this really pales in comparison.
__________________


Want a Google+ Invite? PM me and ill send you one!
Google+ Profile
Vegaskingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #13
KFZ Scrubs
 
KFZ Scrubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rapture
Posts: 11,321

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaskingz View Post
This.

Although, thinking reasonably, In a game where one can lunge the length of the english channel in some cases to knife, and where one can take more than the standard amount of bullets to kill and STILL kill you, this really pales in comparison.
Those weren't put in there intentionally though. Errors they're trying to fix and lag issues.
__________________
Brutal Boxing KO's of 2013:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVYO_1DPE8
Down with Haganai


KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #14
StillTIPPIN187
 
StillTIPPIN187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ESVA
Posts: 2,089

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
dude your right man. The annoying fucking thing should be in a damn box!
__________________
StillTIPPIN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
Alktrio3
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 105

TheGrannyGaper's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle Ninja View Post
We are talking about a game where I can dive 10 feet, through a window, off a second-story building. All while carrying an M60 with 200 rounds, plus having a Strela 3 hidden up my butt!
The M60 weighs 23lbs, and the Strela 3 weighs over 30lbs when loaded. Not to mention I have no idea how much all that ammo weighs, but it's probably a lot. How many soldiers, sans Rambo and Lone Wolf McQuade, can carry all of that and still be combat effective?

Realism isn't really this game's strong point.

i could do that
Alktrio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
Beagle Ninja
 
Beagle Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Aiur
Posts: 270

Beagle Ninja's Gamercard
Right... of course you can. You can carry 100-plus pounds of gear and weaponry, dive through a window off a building, and not only survive unscathed but be combat effective? I'll tell you what, post a YouTube video of you doing said act, and I will legally change my name to Mr. Willie Stroker.

That being said, what do I get if you fail?
__________________

***Fifty-Star Commander and Attack-Mover Extraordinaire***


Beagle Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
Wavescope
 
Wavescope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 284
Send a message via MSN to Wavescope

Wavescope's Gamercard
I agree they should be called in via an air drop but doesn't bother me too much.
Wavescope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #18
helipilot22
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 165
Got to post, ok guys this is a forum for computer games, they do not represent reality and are meant to be "super human". They don't have to remain constrained within the bounds of the "real world".
helipilot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #19
thereefernander
 
thereefernander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,503

thereefernander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think the RC-XD shouldn't be a Killstreak at all! Or at least a higher one than 3/2 with Hardline. Too many noobs just stack the fuckers...
__________________
Signature created by Audacious.

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
Vegaskingz
 
Vegaskingz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 460

VegasKingz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Those weren't put in there intentionally though. Errors they're trying to fix and lag issues.

Thats fair, about the knifing. I was referring to second chance in my second bitch though :P

but I see your reasoning.
__________________


Want a Google+ Invite? PM me and ill send you one!
Google+ Profile
Vegaskingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #21
upindat
 
upindat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,502

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Dude it s a game!! You think too hard. Do you have a headache?? I run the shit out of the RC car and love it!!
__________________
f
Sig by Alabastermatt
upindat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #22
ZingZitang
 
ZingZitang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,652

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle Ninja View Post
The M60 weighs 23lbs, and the Strela 3 weighs over 30lbs when loaded. Not to mention I have no idea how much all that ammo weighs, but it's probably a lot. How many soldiers, sans Rambo and Lone Wolf McQuade, can carry all of that and still be combat effective?
I think you'd really be surprised in how many Soldiers do carry that much weight around. And thats not counting Body Armor.
__________________



“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #23
hardstyla99
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 247

SkeptiiC x's Gamercard
Reality =/= Video Games.
Nuff said.

OT - They had to make it usable. Like in MW2 you just pulled a laptop out of your arse, as having to call in a care package for everything would just suck tbh.
__________________

Known as SCUM_OF_THE_EARTH on various other sites
Finishing MW2 k/d - 1.45 with 50,000 kills.
Current BO k/d - 2.12 and rising quickly.
hardstyla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #24
Rifle Elite
 
Rifle Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,719

Turbulus NL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
I think you'd really be surprised in how many Soldiers do carry that much weight around. And thats not counting Body Armor.
But they arent combat effective and certainly cant sprint with it and jump out of windows.

In this game, with perks, its possible to have a machine gun with 200 rounds, rocket launcher, and still its possible to mvoe silently with the Ninja perk. How is that realistic?
__________________
Rifle Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #25
ZingZitang
 
ZingZitang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,652

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle Elite View Post
But they arent combat effective and certainly cant sprint with it and jump out of windows.

In this game, with perks, its possible to have a machine gun with 200 rounds, rocket launcher, and still its possible to mvoe silently with the Ninja perk. How is that realistic?
I didn't Say anything About being Realistic.

And Yes, they are combat Effective, US Marines Routinely Carry between 130 - 150 pounds of Gear and Equipment.
__________________



“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #26
Rifle Elite
 
Rifle Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,719

Turbulus NL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
I didn't Say anything About being Realistic.

And Yes, they are combat Effective, US Marines Routinely Carry between 130 - 150 pounds of Gear and Equipment.
Right, and you believe that when carrying that they can sprint like in this game and just jump out of windows all the time without any efforts?
__________________
Rifle Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
ZingZitang
 
ZingZitang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,652

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle Elite View Post
Right, and you believe that when carrying that they can sprint like in this game and just jump out of windows all the time without any efforts?
Take a breath and actually read the Posts I Never Said Anything About The Game Being Realistic.

You said that Soldiers Carrying all that Weight Weren't Effective in Combat, I merely tried to say that if they Weren't Combat Effective then The Military wouldn't use them. Soldiers still Sprint and Jump and Dive and do all that stuff, with all that Weight.

Not Indefinitely and maybe not out of second story windows, at least without getting hurt.

Of course its not Realistic, its a game.
__________________



“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #28
Jedi sy
 
Jedi sy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Middle earth, UK
Posts: 407

JEDI SY's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
If games were real I'd go out and get a job.
Brilliant, love it
Jedi sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #29
Rifle Elite
 
Rifle Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,719

Turbulus NL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
Take a breath and actually read the Posts I Never Said Anything About The Game Being Realistic.

You said that Soldiers Carrying all that Weight Weren't Effective in Combat, I merely tried to say that if they Weren't Combat Effective then The Military wouldn't use them. Soldiers still Sprint and Jump and Dive and do all that stuff, with all that Weight.

Not Indefinitely and maybe not out of second story windows, at least without getting hurt.

Of course its not Realistic, its a game.
Then why do you quote someone who thinks it isnt possible for soldiers to carry all of that stuff and be combat efficient?
__________________
Rifle Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #30
ZingZitang
 
ZingZitang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,652

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle Elite View Post
Then why do you quote someone who thinks it isnt possible for soldiers to carry all of that stuff and be combat efficient?

Dude, Really?

Lets Recap Here.

Beagle Ninja: How many Soldiers can Carry that much weight in Real life?

ZingZitang: All of Them.

Rifle Elite: No! Its not possible!

ZingZitang: Yes it is. US Marines Normal Gear Weighs 130 - 150 pounds. So Yes They Are Combat Effective.

Rifle Elite: No! They can't sprint and Jump our of Windows with all that weight in Real Life. The Game is Unrealistic.

ZingZitang: Yes They Can, Its what they Do. I didn't make any comment about the Game Being Realistic.

Rifle Elite: Then why do you quote someone who thinks it isnt possible for soldiers to carry all of that stuff and be combat efficient?

ZingZitang: What. The. Fuck. ?
__________________



“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 AM.