PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Roadmap + City Lights DLC

Doritos Crash Course
Achievement Guide and Roadmap by TealPavelski.

Overview:
- Price: FREE
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10 for 150 - 5/10 for 200
- Offline: 10 (175)
- Online: 2 (25)
- DLC: 3 (50)
- Approximate time: 1-2 Hours for 150 - 3-5 Hours for 200
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1-2 (Explained below)
- Missable achievements: None
- Does difficulty affect Achievements? N/A
- Unobtainable achievements: 2 (explained below)
- Unlockable Gamerpics: 2

Introduction:
Doritos Crash Course is a fast-paced, funny, obstacle course game show for your Avatar to compete against your friends and family over Xbox Live. Play through 15 exciting platformer levels across 3 different countries. Compete against your friends and family up to four players over Xbox Live and local split-screen.

Difficulty and Time:
You can get the first 150 within 1-2 hours depending on your skill (American Hero, I'm Big in Japan, Euro Star, Tarzan, Frequent Flyer, Hopscotch, That's Gotta Hurt, Roadrunner, Competitive Spirit and Social Climber). The last two Achievements for 50 will take you anywhere from 3-5 hours depending on your skill (Going for Gold and Sore wa kantan desu).

Playthrough Strategy:
It would be wise to have 2 playthroughs of single-player. The first playthrough attempt to finish each level from the 3 Countries (American Hero, I'm Big in Japan and Euro Star) with a Gold Medal (Going for Gold). Second playthrough obtain all the in-level Achievements (Tarzan, Frequent Flyer, Hopscotch, That's Gotta Hurt, Roadrunner and Sore wa kantan desu).

Unobtainable Achievements:
Since the lastest update, both Sore wa kantan desu and Going for Gold are unobtainable. The only way to unlock them is to clear your systems cache, reject the latest download and attempt the Achievements offline.

Unlockable Gamerpics (2):

Both unlock by simply loading up the game.

DACC Helicopter
Finish Las Vegas Levels

DACC Union Jack Hat
Finish London Levels

Single-Player (Offline) Achievements (10):

Tarzan - 10
Swung from rope to rope 10 times in a row

This can first be achieved on USA Level 3: Jungle Gym Hijinx. Near the beginning of the level you will see two ropes hanging close to each other. Simply jump back and forth between the two ropes 10 times. Hold the in the direction of the next rope and press to jump.

Tip: If you move the rope left and right with the , you can gain momentum and move the rope further.

Frequent Flyer - 15
Flew from fan to fan 20 times in a row

This can first be achieved on USA Level 5: Nothing But Air. Near the beginning of the level you will see 10 Fans underneath a platform with a conveyor belt and a single vertical hammer. Walk to the end of the platform and drop down to the angled platform. Face the start of the level with your avatar, run towards the fans with the while holding or to boost and you will get underneath the platform and above the 10 Fans. Simply move back and forth with the to fly between 20 Fans.

Hopscotch - 20
Bounced from trampoline to trampoline 12 times in a row

This can first be achieved on Europe Level 1: Slip Slide Ride. Near the beginning of the level you will see a group of 5 trampolines with angled conveyor belts. Jump back and forth between the 5 trampolines 12 times. Hold the in the direction of the next trampoline and simply land to jump.

Tip: You must jump only once on each trampoline. If you miss a trampoline or jump on the same trampoline more than once, start over. Make sure to jump in the center of the trampoline as it will give you the most lift/height. There is a red targeter below your avatar showing where your avatar will fall.

That's Gotta Hurt - 10
Got smashed by 3 hammers in a row

This can first be achieved on USA Level 5: Nothing But Air. Near the beginning of the level you will see 5 Vertical Hammers above a backwards facing conveyor belt. Simply run to the last hammer and allow it to smash you. Do not press anything and your avatar will continue backwards down the conveyor belt, getting smashed by 2 more hammers along the way.

Roadrunner - 10
Run at top speed when you're about to wipe out

This can first be achieved on Europe Level 2: Conveyance. At the beginning of the level you will see a group of forward facing conveyor belts, simply press and hold or to boost while you hold right. Achievement should unlock before having to jump from one group of conveyor belts to the next. If the Achievement does not unlock, simply fall in the water or press and try again.

Tip: Run towards the forward facing conveyor belts from the very start of the level.

Going for Gold - 40
Earned a gold medal on each level

Finish each Countries 5 Levels with a Gold Medal. 15 Gold Medals in total.

Gold Medal time requirements:

USA:
Level 1: Safety First: 00:45.00
Level 2: Learning the Ropes:
01:05.000
Level 3: Jungle Gym Hijinx:
01:15.000
Level 4: On the Rebound:
01:25.000
Level 5: Nothing But Air: 01:20.00

Europe:
Level 1: Slip Slide Ride: 01:30.000
Level 2: Conveyance:
01:20.000
Level 3: Elevation: 01:25.000
Level 4: Shaky Footing:
01:20.000
Level 5: Swingin in the Rain: 01:55.000

Japan:
Level 1: Rebounding Again: 01:20.000
Level 2: Domou Arigatou:
01:15.000
Level 3: Peak Performance:
01:45.000
Level 4: Muzukashii Wheel:
01:45.000
Level 5: Get Carter: 01:35.000

Sore wa kantan desu - 10
Finished Japan level 4 with a time of 1:40 or better

Finish Japan Level 4: Muzukashii Wheel with a time of 1:40 or better.

Tip: This Achievement will take some time. Just practice, get familiar with the level and watch my video or other videos on YouTube for help.

Last edited by TealPavelski; 04-24-2013 at 11:24 AM.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Euro Star - 20
Finished the Europe Levels

See "American Hero" for more information.

I'm Big in Japan - 20
Finished the Japan Levels

See "American Hero" for more information.

American Hero - 20
Finished the USA Levels

Finish all 5 races. Time does not affect the Achievement(s).

Tip: Do not press to "Chicken out" because you will not receive credit for passing the level.

Multiplayer (Online) Achievements (2):

Competitive Spirit - 10
Beat a friend in an Xbox LIVE race

Beat a friend from your friends list in an Xbox Live race. Please use the Achievement Trading Thread for help.

Social Climber - 15
Finished every level in Xbox LIVE

Finish all 15 races over Xbox Live with 2-4 players. Please use the Achievement Trading Thread for help.

DLC Achievements (Offline) (3):

City Lights DLC

Hats off to You! - 40
Get launched through the magic hat in Vegas 5

At the end of Las Vegas 5: Fear and Loathing, there will be a box on a conveyor belt and you have to jump over a flipped out wall obstacle. After the first wall that flips out there will be a giant Top Hat with a Green Arrow going through it. Simply jump into the hat to be launched out and the Achievement will unlock.

London Bridge - 40
Survive the collapsing bridge in London 5

At the end of London 5: Abbey Road there will be a collapsing bridge with a wheel that chases you. Simply make your way across the bridge without falling into the water or being crushed by the wheel and the Achievement will unlock.

Party Pooper - 20
Pop 5 balloons in a row without touching the ground

This can be done on Las Vegas 1: Jackpot, but I recommend waiting until London 4: Cheers. Near the end of the level there will be a large amount of balloons to jump on making it easier to pop 5 in a row without hitting the water.

Last edited by TealPavelski; 01-29-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Alyx

alexfriden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Obviously a WIP but I can't wait to see the roadmap.
Alyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
Is three hammers in a row glitched or am I doing it wrong?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
Zebrasqual

Zebrasqual's Gamercard
u should really play the entire game before starting achievement guide.
Zebrasqual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Thumbs down

Its not even an achievement guide!!!!! its the achievement list with a roadmap!!!!
FFS!! if you gonna dash on here to do a roadmap & guide at least do it properly!!
hopefully someone will do a better job! i came on for some cheevo help this didnt give it me!!

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
BearsAirz

BearsAirz's Gamercard
I agree with the fact that you should complete a game before writing the guide. There is no point in doing something if you are not even gonna do it correctly. I also like how you miss spelled achievement in the thread title.

Serious Retail 1000s: COD 4:MW, The Simpsons Game, Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, Assassins Creed, AC 2, Halo ODST, Dante's Inferno, Halo: Reach, Dead Rising 2

1000+: Oblivion (1250/1250), Halo 3 (1750/1750),
Fable 2 (1350/1350), GoW2 (1700/1750), L4D (1040/1250), BFBC2 (1060/1060) Borderlands (1360/1500), ME2, DA:O, Fallout 3 (1550/1550)

Crap 1000s: Avatar, Bionicle Heroes, TMNT,
Jericho, FNR3

200s: Aegis Wing, Dash of Destruction, BF 1943, N+, DR2:C0

BearsAirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
Agent Fritz

Agent Fritz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmmzy View Post
It's not gliched. Not sure how to get it though.

Agent Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocustDawn View Post
Heres a tip read the rules before hurling abuse, anybody can make a guide and although its advised that you have all the achievements before making the guide it isn't fully necessary. If you have such a big problem with this guide then make another one instead of trolling.
You should take your own advice then, it was a rule to only make a roadmap/guide IF you have either most or all of the achievements, it wasnt for "advice" it was a fact and rule you had to abide to if you made a guide, they also said that if you submitted a guide, that they would check your card to see if you got the majority of the achievements, so go back and read the rules
Old 12-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #10
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post

Social Climber - 15
Finished every level in Xbox LIVE

Simply finish all 15 races over Xbox Live.
For this achievement, do you just have to be signed into Xbox Live to get it or complete all the levels online against someone? A little clarity would be helpful.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
He doesn't know. Because he has used mearly logic to make this guide and a little practice.

Guides are just not the same these days! I say get dedicated guide makers.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
BigMack9737

BigMack9737's Gamercard
Quote:
Hammers, I believe, is referring to the things that come stomping down on you cause I got the achievement when I got crushed by one and was on a conveyor belt, so after I fell down and was riding along the belt, 2 more things came down on me and I got the achievement. Everyone is probably gonna get confused and think hammers are those things that swing back and forth, knocking you into the screen, which is what I thought at first.

Last edited by BigMack9737; 12-08-2010 at 03:56 PM.
BigMack9737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMack9737 View Post
Hammers, I believe, is referring to the things that come stomping down on you cause I got the achievement when I got crushed by one and was on a conveyor belt, so after I fell down and was riding along the belt, 2 more things came down on me and I got the achievement. Everyone is probably gonna get confused and think hammers are those things that swing back and forth, knocking you into the screen, which is what I thought at first.
Thanks for this information.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
LocustDawn

LocustDawn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDMFS0AB View Post
I've heard worse on here. Treat as you are treated i say! Blame it on the website not having proper rules.

Luckily i only stop by here now and again.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=180508
Those seem like pretty proper rules if you ask me.
Btw this is the last time I reply to your trollish nature, actually on topic does anyone know how many levels this game has?

ThankyouDragonPwnr99 for the signature.
Second on X360A to 1000
Dead Space 2
LocustDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #15
BigMack9737

BigMack9737's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Thanks for this information.
No prob. Glad my first post on this board was helpful.

I'm much for playing games online, so this question might sound stupid, but for the "Beat a friend in an Xbox Live race" achievement, I'm assuming "friend" means I have to play against someone on my friends list? Cause I beat someone on Live, just playing a random person, and it didn't unlock.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #16
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Wow, what is with all the haters in this Guide? I was just trying to be helpful. I have most of the Achievements and the only ones I don't have are self explanatory...
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
DubNut86

DubNut86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Great job on the guide =)
DubNut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
Lord Gothic

Lord Gothic's Gamercard
Quote:

I'm much for playing games online, so this question might sound stupid, but for the "Beat a friend in an Xbox Live race" achievement, I'm assuming "friend" means I have to play against someone on my friends list? Cause I beat someone on Live, just playing a random person, and it didn't unlock.
I havent played the game yet but i think it means that you have to play with someone on your friendlist like you said. But try to join a random persons game and when the match end, ask him or her if they want to trade the achievement and if you can add them to your friendlist. Often people are nice when you ask nicely and maybe they even need the achievement aswell .
Lord Gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #19
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:

That is why it says "Friend". Tell one of your friends to download the game, easy as that!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #20
BigMack9737

BigMack9737's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gothic View Post
I havent played the game yet but i think it means that you have to play with someone on your friendlist like you said. But try to join a random persons game and when the match end, ask him or her if they want to trade the achievement and if you can add them to your friendlist. Often people are nice when you ask nicely and maybe they even need the achievement aswell .
Good idea. Didn't even think to do that. Thanks.

Quote:
That is why it says "Friend". Tell one of your friends to download the game, easy as that!
That's what I figured, but since its a free game, you never know when there might be a glitched achievement.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #21
todgill12

todgill12's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide and I look forward to using it. Thanks for getting it together so fast.
All-Pro FB 2K8, Assassin's Creed, AC2, Avatar: The Burning Earth, Backyard Football 2010, BF: Bad Company 2 [1180], Cabela's Trophy Bucks, COD 2, Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm, Fable 2 [1350], Fable 3, Fallout 3 [1550], LEGO Indiana Jones, Madden 06, Madden 09, NCAA Football 2007, NHL 2K6, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution, Terminator: Salvation
Xbox Live Arcade 100% [4 games]
After Burner Climax, Battlefield 1943, Harms Way, Pac-Man
todgill12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #22
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by todgill12 View Post
Thanks for the guide and I look forward to using it. Thanks for getting it together so fast.
No problem.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todgill12 View Post
Yea thats what im saying, before when he made it straight away, i didnt think it would be good, but 10ish minute later and its looking good
Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #24
Metaraon

Metaraon's Gamercard
Quote:
Thats how i got it

123 Retail 100% & 1000+
11 Arcade 100%
Metaraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #25
GamesB2

GamesB2's Gamercard
Quote:
Wow, what is with all the haters in this Guide? I was just trying to be helpful. I have most of the Achievements and the only ones I don't have are self explanatory...
Even the 'self explanatory' achievements you need to elaborate on.

You need to be crystal clear as to how you unlock them.

You should specify that the Competitive Spirit achievement has to be with someone on your friends list.

GamesB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #26
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamesB2 View Post
Even the 'self explanatory' achievements you need to elaborate on.

You need to be crystal clear as to how you unlock them.

You should specify that the Competitive Spirit achievement has to be with someone on your friends list.
If someone cannot figure out you have to beat a friend to unlock the Achievement, then they are a complete idiot. If you didn't have to beat a friend it would simply say in the description "Win an Xbox Live Race"...however. I added in the guide "beat a friend from your friends list".
Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #27
GamesB2

GamesB2's Gamercard
Quote:
If someone cannot figure out you have to beat a friend to unlock the Achievement, then they are a complete idiot. If you didn't have to beat a friend it would simply say in the description "Win an Xbox Live Race"...however. I added in the guide "beat a friend from your friends list".
Well you sound like a fun person... seriously though have you ever read another achievement guide?

Some achievements are very poorly worded, just because it says beat a friend doesn't necessarily mean they have to be on your friends list.

This guide is pretty damn poor, you need information.

And calling people idiots is just not the way to go to be respected round here -_-

GamesB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #28
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for this I am so stumped on how to get any of them yet though!

I truly suck at this game.

EDIT: Finally got some GS in this dam game!

Last edited by master_shake_350; 12-23-2010 at 07:14 PM.
master_shake_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #29
wolvieware

wolvieware's Gamercard
Good guide. With the trampoline jumps though, does it have to be only one jump on each, back and forth without stopping, or can you do multiple jumps on one trampoline to get height and accuracy, before going back to the previous?

wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #30
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvieware View Post
Good guide. With the trampoline jumps though, does it have to be only one jump on each, back and forth without stopping, or can you do multiple jumps on one trampoline to get height and accuracy, before going back to the previous?
One jump on each, back and forth for a combined 12.