PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Puzzle Quest 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
bjh_27

morrillo's Gamercard
Puzzle Quest 2 or 1 to buy?

Can you guys help me out. I played a bit of puzzle quest on DS, but I would like to get it for XBL.

- Should I get PQ2 then since I have seen some of 1 on DS (Is the XBL PQ the same as the DS version)?
- The achievements on PQ2 look odd and annoying though...those on PQ look a little better/straightforward - is this the case?
- Does 2 improve on 1 in any considerable way?

Sorry for the questions, just not sure what to do!!
Cheers.
bjh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
MetalDooley

MetalDooley's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh_27 View Post
Can you guys help me out. I played a bit of puzzle quest on DS, but I would like to get it for XBL.

- Should I get PQ2 then since I have seen some of 1 on DS (Is the XBL PQ the same as the DS version)?
- The achievements on PQ2 look odd and annoying though...those on PQ look a little better/straightforward - is this the case?
- Does 2 improve on 1 in any considerable way?

Sorry for the questions, just not sure what to do!!
Cheers.
- I guess it depends how much of the DS version you played.If you only played a bit then I'd still get the XBL version as there's hours of gameplay in it.The XBL version is identical to the DS version although obviously the XBL version has achievements and there's also a DLC pack available(haven't played that so can't tell you what it's like)

- Around half the achievements in PQ2 require luck which is kinda annoying.PQ1 is a lot more straightforward.There's only 2 of the cheevs I haven't gotten-Warlord(cos no-one seems to play it online anymore) and Master Craftsman(cos I just kinda suck at forging items nevermind godlike ones)

- Most of the changes are cosmetic.The A.I also seems to be slightly less poxy than 1.Overall though I wouldn't say 2 is a significant improvement on 1.Definitely not enough to warrant being 400 points more expensive anyway.

I'd recommend getting 1 and waiting to see if 2 goes to Deal of the Week
MetalDooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
bjh_27

morrillo's Gamercard
Thanks very much for your clear response!!

I played a few hours on DS so will go with PQ1, you have been a real help.
bjh_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
I have to agree, as much as I love Puzzle Quest 2, I have to say I did prefer PQ1, the length was just about right, while PQ2 starts to drag on a bit towards the end. The achievements on PQ1 are easy, unless you have trouble finding someone to help you boost the online win achievement.

I overall had more fun with PQ1, so I would put my recommendation on getting that one first, but if you love it then try out PQ2 as well. Just avoid Puzzle Quest: Galatrix, that one I couldn't stand.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
Coorhagon

Coorhagon's Gamercard
I have both and I enjoyed the first one more (although I haven't finished 2 yet). I like the world map better than the isometric view. But the main reason I liked the first was the Druid class (which isn't in the second; I had to use the sorcerer instead). Nature's Wrath is a great spell.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
kvazzy20

PMS Vazzy's Gamercard
i personally bought PQ2 first and loved it so i got PQ1. i hope you enjoy both :]
kvazzy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
Smurfboy

I got entire games of Puzzle Quest on XBLA.

I love all of them.
Smurfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you wanna get pq1 maxed out on your dashboard you gotta buy the dlc for 700msp though.

Puzzle quest 1 is better then 2 imo, but it had some bullshit moments in it just as 2 does... fuck you dragon plz die

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote