PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Quake Arena Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
chucky3ds

So, what do you think?

Do you like Quake Arena Arcade?

So far, I'm liking it. Hectic and surprisingly there's already quite a few people online. Definitely one for the Quake fans!
chucky3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
hoernchen

braiinsss's Gamercard
me likey.

but no instagib = boooooo -.-
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
Krovash

Krovash's Gamercard
Just played the trial version. I must say that while the game is pretty good, its also a shame, that there is no mouse (and probably will never be), cause this game was certainly not created to be played on the damn gamepad. I'd like a mouse for 360, please M$...pretty please?
Krovash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
LordBling

Lord Bling's Gamercard
I hate that you start with only 50 rounds in the machine gun. Get used to seeing 'LOW AMMO WARNING' on your screen after every respawn.

LordBling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Offline: Cool
Online: Lag

Really fucking annoying but yet I got 14 kills!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovash View Post
Just played the trial version. I must say that while the game is pretty good, its also a shame, that there is no mouse (and probably will never be), cause this game was certainly not created to be played on the damn gamepad. I'd like a mouse for 360, please M$...pretty please?
Mice for the 360 have been out for a long time now, here's some eBay listings for the XScorch mouse:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Pretty pricey, but serious gaming mice for the PC (like the Frag Pro) go for the same price.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
goldenpp72

Goldenpp75's Gamercard
How does one get the quake eternal achievement, the one that says 500 matches? The wording seems funny..
goldenpp72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
Krovash

Krovash's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Mice for the 360 have been out for a long time now, here's some eBay listings for the XScorch mouse:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Pretty pricey, but serious gaming mice for the PC (like the Frag Pro) go for the same price.
Man, you just saved my nerves, now i can finally play shooters the way they were intended to be played. Thx a lot!
Krovash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Misandope

I realy loved the game in the past, and I still love it. even if the online wont be fixed and the controls are difficult, I still will play this for more than a few days. I'm always open for an match so add me up in xboxlive guys
Misandope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
aB1s

aB1s's Gamercard
I played over 8 years Quake 3 Trickjumping/Defrag on PC.
I love Quake 3 Arena, Quake Live and Quake Arena Arcade.
Started early with Quake 3 Arena on Dreamcast. PC version is the best no doubt but its great to have this amazing game now on xbox360.
Too bad the ingame console is missing (dreamcast had one afaik) and some other little things...but oh well finally the best quake again on a console with some minor updates

Also the trickjumps are still working.

Last edited by aB1s; 12-17-2010 at 12:24 AM.
aB1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
No offense to anyone, but I was highly disappointed, particularly because of the price point.

Even with 10 extra maps, nothing is really different from the free Quake Live on PC/Mac. And those can be played with keyboard and mouse! I feel like 1200MSP is a ripoff, and this game should have been priced at 800MSP or lower. But we all know that would never happen.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #12
aB1s

aB1s's Gamercard
I would even pay 50000 MS points for that game. Quake Arena is cult! An instant classic. :-)
Old 12-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #13
Waran Esmil

Waran Esmil's Gamercard
It's still the good ole clusterphuck I remember it being!

I haven't really noticed any lag, but I used to play this on a 56k modem (anybody remember those?) back in the day, so I'm used to playing Quake and other classic FPS with lag.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #14
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well as for "lag"i noticed a bit of host advantage especially on the railgun... but what games dosen't have any these days?

As for mouse and keyboard.... BEURK, OUACHE, YEURK or whatever other sound you could use, i never understand people that can play this way, maybe its because im not a gamer on pc, but someone gave me a copy of Quake 3 and since i really liked the game back then i tried playing it and i couldn't because i can't control my freaking character with a keyboard... And it didn't support dual joystick...

Anyway back to this version, 1200 was a bit expensive but if there is people for a while online, it may be a good investement. its a classic and it change from realistic games a la cod...

Now if we could get Unreal Tournament, the first one, like it was back then, that would be awesome too(UT3 sucked). But for the moment, will have fun with quake

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #15
goldenpp72

Goldenpp75's Gamercard
well i might be missing something but this game seems like a huge huge flop.. rarely any games available and the leaderboards sit at like.. 1000 players tops
goldenpp72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
chucky3ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenpp72 View Post
well i might be missing something but this game seems like a huge huge flop.. rarely any games available and the leaderboards sit at like.. 1000 players tops
I know I started this thread saying that I liked this game. And in part i very much do, but playing it over the past couple of days constantly... I'm developing a love-hate relationship with it.

Online, for me, is pure awful. I swear there is a two second difference between me and every other player within the match. And this is every game I've been in!

I don't think it was meant to be played by Australian servers haha.
chucky3ds is offline   Reply With Quote