PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Quake Arena Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Chuunks

Chuunks's Gamercard
Pass ...

Why would I play this instead of BlackOps?

Too expensive, flakey connections (could just be demo version and people aborting), and too ... fake? for me.

Chuunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
dirge

builder dirge's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was thinking more of the opposite. 40 plus maps compared to 8 on COD:BO is it?

Gamerscore on 31/12/2010 77,080
Gamerscore on 31/12/2011 116,056
Gamerscore on 31/12/2012 153,371
Gamerscore on 31/12/2013 187,190

#SaveShenmue
dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Aftermath1349

The original post reeks of un-realized irony.

Black Ops maps are easily the worst in CoD history and the connection? LOL don't even get me started on BlOps broken netcode and spawns...
Aftermath1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
LordBling

Lord Bling's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuunks View Post
Why would I play this instead of BlackOps?

Too expensive, flakey connections (could just be demo version and people aborting), and too ... fake? for me.
As a fan of both CoD and Quake (PC and console), I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Quake Arena Arcade. It feels like a lesser version of the free browser-based game, and $15 is way too expensive, especially since there are some bad connection issues right now.

Having said that, I think the connections will improve, but who will be left playing it in a few weeks? I probably should've saved my MS points.

LordBling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Oh god, please tell me that there are no people seriously comparing an FPS masterpiece to some "LOL LET'S RIP MORE MONEY OFF PEOPLE WITH MEDIOCRE SHOOTERS"-game.

Thank you.

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
xdiamondxinfernox
Banned User

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
why the hell does everything have to compare with a CoD game? and CoD isn't too expensive? it was $60 on the day of release for more of the same...
xdiamondxinfernox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
chucky3ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
Oh god, please tell me that there are no people seriously comparing an FPS masterpiece to some "LOL LET'S RIP MORE MONEY OFF PEOPLE WITH MEDIOCRE SHOOTERS"-game.

Thank you.
Summed it up brilliantly!
chucky3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #8
intoxicated662

you're comparing a classic series game like Quake to a mainstream game like call of duty? What a joke. I agree, 800 ms points would have attracted more people and would of been better, but even at 1200 ms points it isn't too shabby. You're getting a game with campaign, online multiplayer, exclusive new maps, it's got alot of maps already in the game as well, play it online with friends achievements, gamerpic(s) and more. you can play the stripped down version on your pc but enjoy playing that online with your friends. The only negative thing to really say is that if the host quits, everyone gets kicked out but that's the same thing that happens on black ops if the host quits by going to the dashboard. A fourth of the cost of a retail game for about the same gameplay and a classic series game brought back to a better form, yes please.
intoxicated662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
donut77

donut77's Gamercard
used to play quake 3 to death back in the day, and ut for that matter, love this classic and simple gameplay hopefully the multiplayer will remain strong!
donut77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Call of Duty is WAY too expensive. Just like Madden or anyone one that puts out the same game year after year after year. At least franchises like Gears of War, Mass Effect, and Grand Theft Auto have genuine spacing between their games. Call of Duty basically just takes the same exact game and makes a couple tweaks, and then releases it to the masses for the same asking price as the year before. If Treyarch had any balls, they would sell Call of Duty games for $30USD each year instead of $60, because that's about what they're worth (Personally, I think it's less).

As for Quake, I am actually disappointed. The price point is way too high for a game that I can actually enjoy more for free online, thanks to a keyboard/mouse combination. The demo was just truly disappointing, and I don't find myself ever buying this full game. I'll just stick to Quake Live on my computer.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
Misandope

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post

Thank you.
thats what I wanted to read
Misandope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
you're comparing a classic series game like Quake to a mainstream game like call of duty? What a joke. I agree, 800 ms points would have attracted more people and would of been better, but even at 1200 ms points it isn't too shabby. You're getting a game with campaign, online multiplayer, exclusive new maps, it's got alot of maps already in the game as well, play it online with friends achievements, gamerpic(s) and more. you can play the stripped down version on your pc but enjoy playing that online with your friends. The only negative thing to really say is that if the host quits, everyone gets kicked out but that's the same thing that happens on black ops if the host quits by going to the dashboard. A fourth of the cost of a retail game for about the same gameplay and a classic series game brought back to a better form, yes please.
Here's the problem: A game called Cellfactor came out a long while ago, and it was a beautiful, fast, awesome, and even original FPS game. It was 800MSP worth every penny.

However, the online died in a matter of weeks, just like every other Arcade game. Especially the shooters. On a positive note, Cellfactor does have bots, so you can play against mindless drones if you so please.

What I'm trying to say is that this Quake arcade game will never have the online community that of Quake Live on PC/Mac. 1) Because Quake Live is free, and 2) Quake Arena Arcade costs 1200MSP for basically the same experience.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
KiddingPigeon

KiddingPigeon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
Wow I was about to type something the same, old school gamers will appreciate quake and its accomplishments in the gaming industry, and new/casual gamers will dribble and obsess over COD... I liked COD MW2 and COD2 but the rest is poor, quake FTW! lol

1)Weezing
2)Mew
3)Metagross
4)Kyorge
5)Porygon Z
6)Tyranitar

Xbox Master
Pokemon Master
Noobs Beware
KiddingPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #14
aB1s

aB1s's Gamercard
Quake 3 Arena / Quake Live and Quake Arena Arcade are the best shooters ever!
No game can beat Quake 3 Arena/Live/Arcade! Never.
iD did their best job ever!!!

<3 Quake

Last edited by aB1s; 12-17-2010 at 12:25 AM.
aB1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #15
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath1349 View Post
The original post reeks of un-realized irony.

Black Ops maps are easily the worst in CoD history and the connection? LOL don't even get me started on BlOps broken netcode and spawns...
Are you joking? Exept if your one of these lazy ass camping sniper, black ops map are 20 times better than 4.2(aka MW2)

Exept Jungle, that honestly i like the concept but ended up being hard to play due to people being too much hard to difference with the background, the rest are pretty freaking good. Lots of close quarter fights in general, even if there some open space in some maps.

In black ops, i so rarely get snipe or specially "noob tubed". I even send message when i get tubed saying MW2 reject in them... that mean how rare it is...

In MW2 i can say i truly HATED

Wasteland(Tubing crap and sniping crap)
Derail (sniping crap)
Estate(sniping again, and it was all about controlling the freaking house, you had the house, you had the game)
Afghan(yes you got it, sniping again)
Terminal(tubbing)
Karachi (people coming from everywhere in so many buildings)

There was some cool map as Sub Base and Skidrow but there was just not much of them, even Invasion they had to put that damned castle where people camp...

I never got the map packs cause i didn't played cod so much back then, but for the starting map, god they where overall awfull...

i remember COD4, there was only Bog, Building(i think that was the name) and countdown i didn't like, and even there countdown once the smoke started it wasn't too bad anymore, not so much sniping.

Sure i hate sniping, so you got the opinion of a gamer that like running and fragging, but i never understand the fun people get to just lay prone and wait for a guy to pass in the snope... its not skill, its just camping.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #16
oo Cebass oo

oo Cebass oo's Gamercard
There wouldnt be a Call of Duty without Quake 3. After all, the first Cod was made with the Quake 3 engine...Case dismissed

Quake rules, end of!
oo Cebass oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
xdiamondxinfernox
Banned User

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
im not to big on these forums but wouldnt this little fags post be considered trolling?

call of duty is NOT!! the best game ever like so many of you people think.
xdiamondxinfernox is offline   Reply With Quote