PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
Theratis

theratis's Gamercard
How much workout is right?

Hi, I just bought a Kinect for this to replace my daily running sessions, which are becoming less fun when it's freezing outside. I tried it first on friday, and the game just kept going and going so I went along with it. After about an hour I just couldn't go on anymore, being too tired. Then the next day, I noticed things are divided into sessions. I completed one session of the cardio workout, which took about 20 minutes, after which it popped up with a "Daily session completed! 11 sessions remaining!" notice. Does this mean I should focus on this and only this for the next 11 days? Can I take a break? Can I do other sessions in between?

I really never went to a gym and just did running for my cardio exercises, so I'm not sure what's right. The manual is no help and the official websites keeps erroring out when I try to sign up.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
PulzationZ

Send a message via MSN to PulzationZ

PulzationZ's Gamercard
You can do what ever sessions you want, when ever you want!
I believe those sessions are just what the game recommends for you fitness level+goals.
If you are trying to lose weight then make sure you do lots of cardio and maintain regular meal times. Be careful though as too much cardio may make you lose muscle if your not getting enough protein after the work outs. Also, if your having workout sessions of >45 minutes it would be ideal to take a break every other day.
eg:
Monday-yourshape
tuesday-chill
wednesday-yourshape
thursday-chill
friday-yourshape

But if your eating well and getting a good amount of nutrients then I don't see any harm in excersising as much as you want.

FIRST IN NEW ZEALAND 100%:
-Fallout 3
-Red Dead Redemption
-Fable 2: Pub Games
-Kinect Adventures

SECOND IN NEW ZEALAND 100%:
-Call of Duty 4
-Modern Warfare 2

PulzationZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Theratis

theratis's Gamercard
Thanks! I'm not trying to lose weight, my weight is fine, but I want to stay in shape. I'll do 30 minutes a day then and see how it goes. So much cheaper than a gym, and more fun too
The easier ones are already quite intense though, curious to see the hard ones, haven't unlocked them yet.