PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > The UnderGarden
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
a good cop?

Any good? Trued the trial, not convinced its a good puzzler? Anyone?
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
swamptastic

swamptastic's Gamercard
I bought it, but I'm an arcade junkie, so take that as you will. Controls felt a little sluggish, though as I got used to it I started to wonder whether the devs intended this to make the player slow the hell down. Not sure. I think it's a nice calm game, which already puts it in a pretty small group on XBLA. I had to quit out to the menu to purchase it, and it still awarded me two achievements I'd earned in the trial. Not bad.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamptastic View Post
I bought it, but I'm an arcade junkie, so take that as you will. Controls felt a little sluggish, though as I got used to it I started to wonder whether the devs intended this to make the player slow the hell down. Not sure. I think it's a nice calm game, which already puts it in a pretty small group on XBLA. I had to quit out to the menu to purchase it, and it still awarded me two achievements I'd earned in the trial. Not bad.
Yeh I'm a slave to XBLA aswell. Not bought anything for a week or two though, I think Pinball fx tables, Then blade kitten on DOTW.

So i have a few choices at the moment from the past 2 weeks.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
smudgedhorizon

smudged horizon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm having a blast with this; it is just so beautiful to look at, the soundtrack is immense (especially if you drag along all the musicians) and it's just a really peaceful laid back game.

My only criticism is it's not very long (only 15 levels and some are a fair bit shorter/easier than others) but it's definitely not hard puzzle, just very relaxing and almost addictive to watch. Some bits are tricky though imo! The timed run achievement had me going for a while.

I love the unlockable skins and stuff, the collectible achievements are a great excuse to replay the levels, and the couch co-op is actually pretty fun too (though if you are the 2nd controller the teleport thing can get annoying)

TrueAchievements | Raptr | 360Voice

BT Progress 60.00%: Edge:58% Reimi:66% Faize:33% Lymle:59%
Bacchus:56% Meracle:90% Sarah:28% Myuria:60% Arumat:76%
smudgedhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
B0seiju

b0seiju's Gamercard
Bought it to co-op it with my gf, i'll post a small review shortly

As for the game it's loveable, you'll spend quite some time searching for al the flowers musicians etc. I think it's worth my 800 ms, though the second player doesn't add that much, except for getting your grow proces @ 100 %.

Last edited by AOS Puck; 11-30-2010 at 06:23 PM.
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
DcupsOfJustice

DcupsOfJustice's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamptastic View Post
Controls felt a little sluggish, though as I got used to it I started to wonder whether the devs intended this to make the player slow the hell down. Not sure.
It is underwater, so they made it to feel like you are swimming. It's a super fun game with a lot of subtle fun things to it, worth the 400 points paid. Got it for a friend as well.
DcupsOfJustice is offline   Reply With Quote