PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > PES 2011
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
TheIrishBeast

theirishbeast's Gamercard
Question Will installing a patch for kits get me banned from Xbox Live?

Ive come across lots of awesome looking patches that gives all the licensed teams, kits, logos, player names, everything you could want, even full the NPOWER Championship roster.

What I am worried about is it involves using a usb pen to insert new saved option files into your xbox hard drive.

this sounds like a on way trip to bansville to me, but I'm not sure. If it works it will be awesome for me and my mates you play the game against each other for 100s of hours

What do all you other PES masters think? Have any of you got it up and running?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
I think it'd be fine. there's no sign of a warning, and at the end of they day, everyone changes the premier league team names etc...
Old 12-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I really don't think it's a bannable offence but you never know.

I mean on the list of priorities, banning someone for updating the names to the correct ones would hardly be no. 1

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #4
Sheepy99

no you cant get banned youre just using a fellow players edit data that they made themselves so its all good
Sheepy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Alexrietveld

ALEX AMSTERDAM's Gamercard
Some of you guys are missing the point. Its not simply 'changing the names' of teams in edit mode. From what I've read the patch makers suggest a data transfer kit so that you can put the patch into your system or that they send a memory card to you with the option file, which you would then load from.

I have no idea whether this is against the rules, it sounds too risky for me to try it out. I too would like to know a definitive answer though as I always am amazed at the screenshots from those fan made patches...

GTA IV: 1500/1500
Red Dead: 1500/1500
Alexrietveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
LDU02167

LDU02167's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrietveld View Post
Some of you guys are missing the point. Its not simply 'changing the names' of teams in edit mode. From what I've read the patch makers suggest a data transfer kit so that you can put the patch into your system or that they send a memory card to you with the option file, which you would then load from.

I have no idea whether this is against the rules, it sounds too risky for me to try it out. I too would like to know a definitive answer though as I always am amazed at the screenshots from those fan made patches...
I installed an option file taken from pesfan.com, think the guy was called "Dragon Skin" or similar - I have unlocked several achievements, and had no online problems since installing the option file.

It would appear to not cause any issue, but I can't guarentee 100%
LDU02167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
TheIrishBeast

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDU02167 View Post
I installed an option file taken from pesfan.com, think the guy was called "Dragon Skin" or similar - I have unlocked several achievements, and had no online problems since installing the option file.

It would appear to not cause any issue, but I can't guarentee 100%
Thats the file I have, what is it like actually running in game? Ive only seen screen shots.

Did you use the USB stick method I mentioned?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
LDU02167

LDU02167's Gamercard
I transfered the option files in 2 parts, using a USB stick.

I don't think it is the same option file you spoke about though, i'm 99% sure I don't have any N-Power Championship teams.

I've unlocked 950/1000g with the option file on my xbox, and played 20 odd online games - no ban, no warning etc.

However, I have no idea if it is actually 100% safe or not. I have seen lots of ppl online saying they are using patches, and none of them have reported issues.

Hope that helps
LDU02167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
TheIrishBeast

I just decided to go for it

havnt been banned yet thankfully.

Imagine losing nearly 6 years of gamerscore for an Arsenal kit?

Just had my mate round, official kits and logos make a lot of difference to the casual and Fifa crowd.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Matt x360a

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
just think of it like this, wat other reason would they put an edit option in for, they cant get the licenses because EA own them, but theres nothing in the rules to say people cant edit the kits and names to there suiting etc

me and my friends have done it on all the PES's since PES 2008, weve not had any trouble for it, go for it
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote