PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Crackdown 2 > Deluge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Decimator takes 13 hours?

Okay... so trying to figure out how long Decimator takes.

Say 50 enemies/wave, 2,500 total/arena, split 3-4 ways depending how many players you get, about an hour/challenge... so what, 13 full playthroughs at about 13 hours? Does that sound about right?

-talks
Shaftiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
playing co-op you'll get about 1,000 kills per 50 waves which takes roughly an hour. so that's about 10 hours for 10,000 kills.

i've been using my helicopter from the project sunburst achievement and mowing through waves 1-9 repeatedly on hope springs and i'm getting about 2,000 kills per hour roughly. so that's 5 hours for 10,000 kills.

still too long if you ask me! haha, i was hoping there would be some amazingly quick way to get 10,000 kills but i haven't seen anything yet. have fun grinding!

Last edited by madmankevin; 11-18-2010 at 06:43 AM.
madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Mister Rooster

Mister Rooster's Gamercard
Is there any way to tell how many kills you have? I used to have the announcer give me my kill count but he stopped around 2K
Mister Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
zero_0ptix

ZeRo 0pTiX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It tells you how many you have in the achievements section in the pause menu.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmankevin View Post
...i've been using my helicopter from the project sunburst achievement and mowing through waves 1-9 repeatedly on hope springs and i'm getting about 2,000 kills per hour roughly. so that's 5 hours for 10,000 kills...
Thanks! I've been doing the same thing on foot (I only make it to around Wave 6/7) and averaging just under 1,500 kills/hour. I'll try it with a chopper.

-Shaftiel
Old 11-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaftiel View Post
Thanks! I've been doing the same thing on foot (I only make it to around Wave 6/7) and averaging just under 1,500 kills/hour. I'll try it with a chopper.

-Shaftiel
I was using pretty much the same method as madmankevin except I only done waves 4-9.

I found wave 3 to take a bit too long for the amount of enemies there are and having to get under or around the bridge to take out the enemies.

I averaged around 2,500 kills per hour. Not much better but it's how I got the achievement and 1500/1500 earlier today.
nakedLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedLEE View Post
I was using pretty much the same method as madmankevin except I only done waves 4-9.

I found wave 3 to take a bit too long for the amount of enemies there are and having to get under or around the bridge to take out the enemies.

I averaged around 2,500 kills per hour. Not much better but it's how I got the achievement and 1500/1500 earlier today.
Do you just quit & save after 9?

-Shaftiel

Edit: Thanks for the tip! That's a TON better than straight multi: 2.5k/hour vs 1k/hour.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Quote:
Do you just quit & save after 9?

-Shaftiel

Edit: Thanks for the tip! That's a TON better than straight multi: 2.5k/hour vs 1k/hour.
Yeah I just got to wave 9 then saved & quit out. I thought maybe you had to die at first to get it to register but the kills add up if you save and quit.

On wave 9, for speed purposes, I just shot a few rockets under the bridge then saved from there and restarted. Thought it was a bit pointless getting out of the chopper to kill only a few enemies when you get just over 200 kills every 5 mins for doing waves 4-9 anyway.

I had just over 4k kills from multi yesterday anyway so doing it this way doesn't seem like that much of a grind!
nakedLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #9
HybridPK

Send a message via AIM to HybridPK

HybridPK's Gamercard
I wouldn't say this achievement took me very long to unlock. Once I had access to the helicopters, I would play for full games. Perhaps I just had some good luck since most of the people I played with had zero interest in the helicopters. After the 50 waves I would have about 1200 kills. Yeah, it takes an hour but I kind of like racking up the high scores.
But for some quick boosting I would just do the first 9 waves of Hope Springs. It nets around 150-200 kills for every 5-10 minutes.
HybridPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #10
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Plus no d-bags trying to shoot you down all the time. Seriously I don't get what people's problem is, it's like they want to run out of time by having everyone on foot at the start. And then of course you have all the idiots who are so greedy that they ground pound everyone else at the weapon spawns.

I mean there are losers in every online game mode but holy crap.

EDIT: Actually I like the Hope Springs waves 4-9 plan, but rather than quit after wave 9, I find I get a few extra kills by going to wave 10, starting the zone capture so enemies show up on radar, and then just blasting them for the 1-3 minutes that are left on the clock until it runs out. I went from getting around 200 kills each run to about 300 each run just for a few extra minutes. And I checked in my achievement tracker, every kill under the "total kills" column is counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 11-19-2010 at 08:01 AM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #11
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Plus no d-bags trying to shoot you down all the time. Seriously I don't get what people's problem is, it's like they want to run out of time by having everyone on foot at the start. And then of course you have all the idiots who are so greedy that they ground pound everyone else at the weapon spawns.

I mean there are losers in every online game mode but holy crap.
When you posted this, I thought "HUH?" b/c I hadn't encountered it in the coop games I'd played... then last night it happened repeatedly and on Wave 10 I finally snapped & hosed the circle they were all standing in. Idiots.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I ended up doing waves 6 through 9 in South Unity Heights because there's some big groups of freaks there, then quit and restarted on wave 6. I boosted up to the helicopters and used one of those.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
MacPhisto

MacPh1st0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I ended up doing waves 6 through 9 in South Unity Heights because there's some big groups of freaks there, then quit and restarted on wave 6. I boosted up to the helicopters and used one of those.
So how many kills do you average with that method?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:51 AM   #14
swirlymanx

A Veteran Gamer's Gamercard
This achievement is about 2-4 hours depending on the person. Just load up zone 5 wave 7 on South Unity Heights. At the start pick up the rocket launcher walk into the lift pad boost up and shoot in the middle of the guys: 'Once on the left, middle and right side, the last shot can be shot anywhere.' For the remaining guys throw your 7 grenades. Save and quit and repeat. I was able to beat the wave in under a minute (including load up time) getting 80 kills a wave/minute. You should have no problem getting 600-800 kills every 10 minutes.

Last edited by swirlymanx; 11-30-2010 at 05:48 AM.
swirlymanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #15
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlymanx View Post
This achievement is about 2-4 hours depending on the person. Just load up zone 5 wave 7 on South Unity Heights. At the start pick up the rocket launcher walk into the lift pad boost up and shoot in the middle of the guys: 'Once on the left, middle and right side, the last shot can be shot anywhere.' For the remaining guys throw your 7 grenades. Save and quit and repeat. I was able to beat the wave in under a minute (including load up time) getting 80 kills a wave/minute. You should have no problem getting 600-800 kills every 10 minutes.

sounds different ill try that tonight. i had been doing waves 4-9. do it 4 times and that is 1k kills (250 each time)
got 3k left to do but i get bored really fast grinding stuff
Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
Treguard

Treguard82's Gamercard
Which zone in hope springs are you using (wave 3-9)?
Treguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #17
TheMuffin

o TheMuffin o's Gamercard
10 hours sounds about right. Me and a buddy complete Unity Heights with around 1100 kills each.
TheMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #18
nfntjy

nfn nifty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlymanx View Post
I just finished doing a modified version of this. Same place and zone/wave.

Pick up the rockets, hit the jump pad, and fire the first shot at the red van in front of you. second shot near the brown car to the left. Third shot back to the right and up a little in the middle of the remaining cars. 4th shot back to the left at the guys coming down the stairs. Of course, don't ever land.

I was getting 55-61 kills in 20 seconds. Counting load and setup times (around 20-25 seconds?), that is about 4,800+ kills per hour (assuming 55 kills and a 25 second load/setup time).
nfntjy is offline   Reply With Quote